Favorite Attack Animation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kinda like Acrobatics. The Pokémon closes in the target, hits him a dozen of times in mere seconds, then flies back to position. It's like a ninja technique!

Special mention to Geomancy, and all the pretty rainbow crystals everywhere. So beautiful.

This thread kinda makes me want to get a Pokemon with Metronome as its only move, and fight a Ditto. Just to see the move animations :D
Might even get lucky and end up using Sacred Fire or Roar of Time or something...

EQ.
As for Brave bird, the actual striking part is great, but the charging part looks as if the bird dives into the ground, which is super weird.
flare blitz disappoints me tbh

Has no one seen Dragon Pulse? Especially from a Lucario?
Yeah, Dragon Pulse looks super epic. Especially when you compare it to something like Sludge Bomb on Dragalge, which is just a purple circle blob thing.

But yeah. Dragon Pulse and Brave Bird are definitely contenders for best animation.

RE-FUCKING-TALIATE.

Seriously, if you haven't seen this, find something that can learn it and use the move. The whole slicing through the opponent's body with a shoji in the background is fucking amazing.

Here's a video:
. It's kind of unfortunate because you can't see Honedge after it uses the move. Sawk looks better doing it.

Also, Icicle Crash is pretty sweet regardless of who performs it.

Last edited:
I recall Flash Cannon being pretty impressive - it's not got the visceral feel of Retaliate with the scene change, but the fact the majority of it is achieved just with lighting tickles me aesthetically, and the sound effect works well.

Dig is disappointing - it's basically the same as it was in Stadium, and it was fairly underwhelming there. Just statically sinking into a hole and then some lumps appearing on the floor. Boring.

Saw Brave Bird tonight. Holy hell, now I see why everyone's flipping out over it. That ish is EPIC. I imagine V-Create is gonna look like what it does in Pokedex 3DS except with more special effects.

Calm mind is so great for all the aforementioned reasons but one thats a bit simple but is till love it is stone edge.
Before, stonedge was just some lil sharp rocks slicing upward, now its these big stoney spikes of death exploding out of the ground and i just love it
I also love play rough because it reminds me of the fight situations in classic cartoons

I'd like to add two moves I haven't seen mentioned yet. Water Pulse's animation looks really cool when the 3d is on, as this huge disc of water ripples across the whole screen. As for disappointing animations, I'd like to nominate Bonemerang. Like with Wood Hammer, the pokemon doesn't animate when using the move. Cubone/Marowak just sort of hop slightly off the ground and a bone goes flying. That's it. Very disappointing for the signature move of my favorite Pokemon. I'll probably replace Bonemerang with Earthquake as soon as I get the TM.

All multi-hit moves bar Water Shuriken are underwhelming. The pokemon don't do their attack animation and just kinda hop and a single spike/thing/etc. comes out at a time and hit the opposing pokemon. The whole point of those moves is that they are overwhelming the opponent with a fury of attacks, and the animations don't represent that at all. :(

I absolutely love Brave Bird's animation! The first time I saw it, I was in complete awe. It was so cool watching my mon fly up and then zoom in for the kill.

Calm Mind is also beautiful. It kinda reminds me of Zen and yoga in a way. The drop of water is like a metaphor for calmness, so I felt that that was very clever on GameFreak's part.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Managed to get a couple of sig moves through metronome and recorded them. Here's the list of the videos but i don't remember which sig move is in which: http://pastebin.com/EhZG7zhT

Sacred Fire's animation is kinda lame
Aeroblast's is nothing special
Psycho Boost is solid
Doom Desire is great
Luster Purge hasnt looked good since Gen 3
Lunar Dance is okay
Judgment is amazing
Head Charge is excellent
Fusion Bolt and Bolt Strike look similar so I didn't quite notice the difference the first time around. They're both fantastic, however
Fusion Flare is fantastic too.
Land's Wrath is very cool...too bad it's a worse EQ except in doubles >_<.

Bloopers:
Roar of Time failed (Fairies...)
Seed Flare missed
Dark Void was always blocked >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)