Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not exactly related to the games themselves but...

Have the powers-that-be decided yet whether or not mega-evolutions will be considered separate from their regular forms for tiering purposes?

When i breed an arbok with a tyrunt to pass down three fang moves, if a male tyrunt is born with the egg moves, can i then use the male tyrunt to pass down elemental fangs or does it still need to be an arbok?

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Not exactly related to the games themselves but...

Have the powers-that-be decided yet whether or not mega-evolutions will be considered separate from their regular forms for tiering purposes?
All I know is that Mega Pokémon cannot possibly be in a lower tier than their base form, since you have to run the base form to run the Mega. It's like Meloetta - you can't tier Pirouette form differently because it requires Aria Form to be used for its own existence.
When i breed an arbok with a tyrunt to pass down three fang moves, if a male tyrunt is born with the egg moves, can i then use the male tyrunt to pass down elemental fangs or does it still need to be an arbok?
Yes, you can pass down the fang moves from the baby Tyrunt.
Just wanna make sure, pokerus is still the same this gen right?
I haven't heard anything to the contrary, so I would assume it is unchanged.

Hi!
I'm about to encounter Xerneas. What is the easiest way to SR for his Nature and IVs?
And how would his stats be if he has 31 IVs in all stats except attack?

About weather abilities. They cause weather for 5-8 turns, but does this turn-countdown start when you switch in or switch out? Or in other words, can the weather end while the pokemon with the weather ability is in play (assuming no other weather is put up)?

About weather abilities. They cause weather for 5-8 turns, but does this turn-countdown start when you switch in or switch out? Or in other words, can the weather end while the pokemon with the weather ability is in play (assuming no other weather is put up)?
Yes, the countdown starts when the ability activates the weather condition (i.e. when Drizzle/Drought/SS/SW's message appear)

I keep reading in various places that gen VI has introduced new sleep mechanics...

Has it? What are they?

If the talk of new sleep mechanics is still overspill from last gen - what are people talking about it still for? e.g. What battle techniques are there using these new mechanics etc?

I want to be sure of something about Mega Evolution. The scenario is like this. A battle between Greninja and Gengar (not yet mega evolved) with both having at least 31 IV on their speed as well as some sort of speed-boost nature. Greninja based is at 122 while Gengar is at 110 making Greninja faster. However, when Gengar mega evolve, his based speed shoots up to 130 making him faster. The question is, prior to mega evolving, who will attack first assuming no one uses a priority attack? I know mega evolving has priority, but does the stats changed immediately allowing Gengar to attack first, or would Greninja gets to have the first attack before being slower?

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
The turn order is set before MegaEvolution occurs, so Greninja would still move before Gengar. MegaEvolution has priority over attacks, but that doesn't give Gengar an immediate boost in Speed - it has to wait until next turn to have base 130 Speed.

Thank you. That helps a lot. Does that also applies to the other stats increase? Like I know regular Gengar has a 75 based SpD and mega gets 95 SpD. I just did a (very) rough damage calculation with 252 life orb Greninja's Hydro Pump and it could OHKO Gengar but has only 15% to OHKO mega Gengar

Question...if there is a battle and two kingdras are facing each other and the following is true:
Kingdra 1 has these EVs: 252SpAtk, 252 Speed, 0 SpDf
Kingdra 2 has these EVS: 80HP, 150SpAtk, 100 SpDf, some other irrelevant IVs, and a speed lower than Kingdra 1
All IVs are 0.

Both use draco meteor and hit.
Both have natures that benefit nothing.

Would Kingdra 2 survive Kingdra 1 and then deal enough damage to wipe Kingdra 1 since Kingdra 1 has no SpDf investment? If no, and Kingdra 2 is shy off a OHKO, would life orb help? Just trying to work out an IV/EV build for my Kingdra.

Can someone give me the downlow on Pokebank OU beta? Like the rules and whatnot?

Also, is there any place where one can battle with only currently legal Pokemon and moves, if Pokebank isn't that place?

one ix there a way to search this thread for questions so i dont have to re ask and two where does one fins Qwillfish and three how does one get dream world abilities in this new game

I have two questions

1) What happens if I did O-Power Hatching level 3 instead of Level 1?

2) Is there a way to check your EVs on a Pokemon?

Thanks!

one ix there a way to search this thread for questions so i dont have to re ask and two where does one fins Qwillfish and three how does one get dream world abilities in this new game
1) There is a Search function at the top of the page, but I don't know how reliable it is.
2) Route 8, fish with Super Rod.
3) Friend Safari.

With the Super Training game with Hydreigon (to get the Sun/Moon stone), is which stone you get chosen at random? Or is it due to the time that you play the activity?

Your Tyrunt can now pass down the moves. Be careful not to have its level up moves override the fangs as it increases in level in the day care, although the ability to relearn Egg Moves by Heart Scale is a good improvement in this game.

Is there any way to get Rotom Pain Split in X and Y? Or will we have to wait for the bank to open?
You'll have to wait for the bank to open.

Thank you. That helps a lot. Does that also applies to the other stats increase? Like I know regular Gengar has a 75 based SpD and mega gets 95 SpD. I just did a (very) rough damage calculation with 252 life orb Greninja's Hydro Pump and it could OHKO Gengar but has only 15% to OHKO mega Gengar
I don't have confirmation, but I believe that it goes by Mega Gengar's defensive stats, so you'll only have a 15% chance. Only speed calculations are done at the beginning of a turn, so the turn start will not affect the turn order.

I have two questions

1) What happens if I did O-Power Hatching level 3 instead of Level 1?

2) Is there a way to check your EVs on a Pokemon?

Thanks!
You'll require far fewer steps to hatch eggs, but I haven't seen how much it reduces the steps by anywhere.

If you know the IVs and base stats exactly, you can calculate the EVs from the stat values your Pokemon currently has, but otherwise if you save and use a Reset Bag from Super Training, it will tell you what was wiped.

Question...if there is a battle and two kingdras are facing each other and the following is true:
Kingdra 1 has these EVs: 252SpAtk, 252 Speed, 0 SpDf
Kingdra 2 has these EVS: 80HP, 150SpAtk, 100 SpDf, some other irrelevant IVs, and a speed lower than Kingdra 1
All IVs are 0.

Both use draco meteor and hit.
Both have natures that benefit nothing.

Would Kingdra 2 survive Kingdra 1 and then deal enough damage to wipe Kingdra 1 since Kingdra 1 has no SpDf investment? If no, and Kingdra 2 is shy off a OHKO, would life orb help? Just trying to work out an IV/EV build for my Kingdra.
252 SpA Kingdra Draco Meteor vs. 80 HP / 100 SpD Kingdra: 354-416 (117.85 - 139.28%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Kingdra 2 would not survive Kingdra 1. Kingdra 1 would also not survive Kingdra 2 if it switched in on Kingdra 2's Draco Meteor. The move is too powerful, even with the nerf to 130 base power, for a smattering of EVs to matter.

Last edited:
Wasn't sure whether to ask this in some sort of new thread but...

Has the ability Moody been altered or does the game simply not show the stat which is reduced? A pokemon (opponent) has moody and just had its Sp.A boosted two stages as usual, but no visual cue of a stat decreasing by one stage occurred? I haven't seen the ability in past games as I've never used/fought a pokemon with it, what with it being a hidden ability.

EDIT: Odd..worked this go, as in stat went up and another went down, saw the animation for a stat lowering, but I didn't the other time. Maybe some stats like evasion don't show a visual cue..thought they did though..

Is the option to "Move Pokemon" in the PC gone, or is it just not immediately obvious how to get to it? Do you have to go through "Deposit Pokemon" and then "Withdraw Pokemon" whenever you want to switch a party member?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)