Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hey fellas, today I was cheking my Pokemon's natures and I notices that both of my Aurorus have a purple rectangle that says "Pokerus". Does anyone know why that happened? What is it? Can I remove it? Thanks in advanced
Pokérus is a good thing. It doubles the effort values you receive from defeating other Pokémon. There are no negative effects and it is very rare, so congratulations!

Pokérus is a good thing. It doubles the effort values you receive from defeating other Pokémon. There are no negative effects and it is very rare, so congratulations!
Sweet! Thank you! If they mate, will their offsprings have it? Or why do they both have it? I don't understand anything, I don't even know what effort values are

pokerus doubles the speed you do EV training, your pokemon get stats from killing other pokemon, upto a max of 127 (63 max in each stat) at level 100, this is propotionatly smaller at lower levels. It's what the Super training thing is giving.

in battles, it spreads to other pokemon in your party (the ones next to them), and after a day in your party, they become unconagious, but stay contagious (which is a good thing) forever in your PC.

Thus what you want to do, is do some wild battles, so it spreads to your pokemon, then put one of them in the PC, and get some pokemon you dont care about, spread it to them, and put back in the PC so you have some people that you can pull out and spread it to all your new pokemon.

Every serious pokemon breeder/trainer wants to have access to pokerus as it 1/2s the time it takes to EV train, and once you have it you can spread it freely, then trade away the carriers you produce for very high returns.

For clarity, there are 2 markers, the one saying "pokerus" and a smiley face that replaces it onces it's stop being able to spread it (after being in your party as the day changes), you want to make sure you never run out of pokemon with that 1st one, and all your party pokemon will end up with the 2nd.

pokerus doubles the speed you do EV training, your pokemon get stats from killing other pokemon, upto a max of 127 (63 max in each stat) at level 100, this is propotionatly smaller at lower levels. It's what the Super training thing is giving.

in battles, it spreads to other pokemon in your party (the ones next to them), and after a day in your party, they become unconagious, but stay contagious (which is a good thing) forever in your PC.

Thus what you want to do, is do some wild battles, so it spreads to your pokemon, then put one of them in the PC, and get some pokemon you dont care about, spread it to them, and put back in the PC so you have some people that you can pull out and spread it to all your new pokemon.

Every serious pokemon breeder/trainer wants to have access to pokerus as it 1/2s the time it takes to EV train, and once you have it you can spread it freely, then trade away the carriers you produce for very high returns.

For clarity, there are 2 markers, the one saying "pokerus" and a smiley face that replaces it onces it's stop being able to spread it (after being in your party as the day changes), you want to make sure you never run out of pokemon with that 1st one, and all your party pokemon will end up with the 2nd.
Thanks a bunch mate! I'll be sure to store one in my PC

Thoughts on this Yveltal IV spread? I think I saw somewhere that Orange Islands was the place to discuss this, but not sure if this is the right topic, if not sorry lol.

Yveltal - #717 (Hasty) : 28 - 29 / 26 - 27 / 0 - 3 / 30 - 31 / 30 - 31 / 30 - 31

It's theoretically ok, as with Hasty I'm not caring so much about Def since I wanted to make it a bit of a mixed sweeper. But the 0-3 IV Def just bugs me a lot, just running extremely basic damage calcs in custom mode, things like Jolly Rayquaza Outrage will one-shot one with 0-3 IVs, but one with perfect Def would live. So I dunno, is it worth SRing again for or just wait till RNG is eventually cracked or?

Where can I check Yveltal's IVs before SR'ing again? Is there a calc I can use somewhere?

EDIT: Ahh, wasn't aware that MetalKid updated. Thanks!

Last edited:

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Thanks a bunch mate! I'll be sure to store one in my PC
The guy you replied to has his numbers significantly wrong...

He is right about the mechanics of Pokerus, but EV's top out at 252 in each stat (At level 100, this equates to +63 points [252/4] in that stat). You can only have 508 EV's in total... So make them count in the stats you need! Pokerus does not affect the gains made in Super Training, but will from Wild Horde battles (Or other wild battles).

I used raw stats instead of EVs, since the guy didn't know what EVs were i assumed that would be more helpful for his understanding of what they did.

1. google says 201/135/115/166/118/119 but I didn't double check that
2. after you beat the league you can trade diantha for a female modest ralts or catch a ditto in the pokemon village and breed that with your males, or ask for one in trade
3. IV judge in Kiloude City pokecentre
4. If someone disconnects now I'm pretty sure it counts as a loss for them.
Thanks for the answer.

1. Does match up with the given formular, so it is legit.
2. A bit too late for my taste, and for Xerneas. We just have got ourselves a female Abra from GTS, and at a reasonable price, too (not Xerneas, for once).
3. If the IV checker works just as in the previous generations we will highlight all perfect IVs.
4. YES!

Edit
Fellow soft-resetter: When is Xerneas/Yveltal generated; after the cutscene or every time you talk to it? We had the problem with Lapras, where its IVs and nature appears to be locked when we have not accepted it the first time. Is it the same with the title legendaries? Where should we save, before the cutscene or after the first KO?

Last edited:

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Fellow soft-resetter: When is Xerneas/Yveltal generated; after the cutscene or every time you talk to it? We had the problem with Lapras, where its IVs and nature appears to be locked when we have not accepted it the first time. Is it the same with the title legendaries? Where should we save, before the cutscene or after the first KO?
Xerneas and Yveltal's stats are set when you battle it. You can battle it and flee, and it will be waiting for you to re-battle (and soft-reset).

I'm currently breeding Larvitars for a specially defensive Tyranitar. One of the parents has perfect HP, ATK, and SpDef iv's, while the other has perfect DEF and Spe iv's. Assuming I'm using the destiny knot, which I am, what are the odds one of my Larvitars will have perfect HP, ATK, DEF, SpDef, and Spe?

I'm currently breeding Larvitars for a specially defensive Tyranitar. One of the parents has perfect HP, ATK, and SpDef iv's, while the other has perfect DEF and Spe iv's. Assuming I'm using the destiny knot, which I am, what are the odds one of my Larvitars will have perfect HP, ATK, DEF, SpDef, and Spe?
1 in 6 chance to inherit the 5 you want.
1 in 2 chance that each inherited will be from the perfect stat parent.

1/6 x 1/2 x 1/2 x 1/2 x 1/2 x 1/2 = 1/192

NoCheese

"Jack, you have debauched my sloth!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
It varies, but can often be pretty low so long as you have data from multiple levels. So your best bet is to check with the "judge" (location varies by game, but is in Kiloude city in XY) to first identify any perfect 31s, and then *save* and feed rare candies to your poke, running the stats and level through an IV calculator. Each individual level will give a range of possible IVs, but comparing these ranges quickly allows you to zoom in. For example, if the range at IV possibilities for a stat at one level is 0-24, and at any other level is 22-31, you know the actual range is 22-24. In my experiences, with data from each level from 10 - 20 or so, one can typically get exact data. Some IV calculators, like MetalKid's, allow you to enter the data from multiple levels so you don't have to track the ranges yourself. Just be sure to reset, rather then save, after figuring out the IVs, so you don't lose the rare candies!

Obviously, at level 50 and above, the range of possible IVs for any individual level is at most 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)