Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking of making a pure SpA Hydreigon (D. Meteor, Fire Blast, Focus Blast, and probably Dark Pulse).. I had a couple questions though.

1) On a pure SpA set, would Timid help the Hydra out-speed anything relevant with +252 EV's? Tops out at 324 Speed, instead of 295.
2) With Fairy types making Outrage & Meteor a bit of a gamble (providing they see use in OU), would Dragon Pulse be a viable option, especially if you're using a pure SpA set?

3) Alternatively, would the given "Mixed Attacker" set just be better overall?

Last edited:

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
I keep seeing people mention that things like Contrary Serperior and Lightningrod Zapdos will be available once Pokebank is released. How is this possible? I thought Pokebank just involved the transfer of Pokemon from previous gens, and those Pokes were never released in any gen.

Sorry if this is the wrong spot, but would this be a nice xerneas to keep?

Xerneas, Modest, capable of taking hits, 197/126/115/166/118/119

Thanks for any help

Is Cottonee obtainable right now? I've heard it isn't, but then I saw a post about a set someone's using, and I'm just confused :I

Quick question, I have a male marill with huge power, and a female with thick fat. Which daycare slot do I put these in in order to have the baby get huge power?

I keep seeing people mention that things like Contrary Serperior and Lightningrod Zapdos will be available once Pokebank is released. How is this possible? I thought Pokebank just involved the transfer of Pokemon from previous gens, and those Pokes were never released in any gen.
They might be mistaken. I have the same thoughts as you.

Is Cottonee obtainable right now? I've heard it isn't, but then I saw a post about a set someone's using, and I'm just confused :I
It is not in game, but people are playing gen 6 on simulators that allow the anticipation of Pokebank opening.

Quick question, I have a male marill with huge power, and a female with thick fat. Which daycare slot do I put these in in order to have the baby get huge power?
"Slots" are not known to make a difference in breeding. The progeny are 80% likely to take on the ability of the mother, so there's not much you can do here to improve your chances of Huge Power unless you get a female with Huge Power.

"Slots" are not known to make a difference in breeding. The progeny are 80% likely to take on the ability of the mother, so there's not much you can do here to improve your chances of Huge Power unless you get a female with Huge Power.[/quote]

Ok thank you. another question. The mother has a 31 speed Iv, and the father has a 31 att IV. Is there a way to pass both of those down and keep the ability I want? Or is destiny knot just my best bet?

^I prefer Power items when there are less than 4 ivs together on both parents, however I don't have any calcs to ground this.

Question: How do I get switcheroo on Noibat? I only have a zigzagoon with it.

Is this Xerneas good?
Xerneas - #716 (Modest) None (X) : 26 - 27 / 24 - 25 / 30 - 31 / 31 / 31 / 31

Possible Hidden Power Types: Dragon

Does Assault Vest prevent you from using King's Shield?

Is this Xerneas good?
Xerneas - #716 (Modest) None (X) : 26 - 27 / 24 - 25 / 30 - 31 / 31 / 31 / 31

Possible Hidden Power Types: Dragon
Hell yes, unless you want to spend forever and a half soft-resetting (assuming that Modest is the nature you're going for). That's a very low probability catch, even with a synchronizer.

Does Assault Vest prevent you from using King's Shield?

Hell yes, unless you want to spend forever and a half soft-resetting (assuming that Modest is the nature you're going for). That's a very low probability catch, even with a synchronizer.
Ok, and you don't think that the Hp IVs will screw him over? They are pretty good though. Attack IVs doesn't matter since I'm going for a SpA :)

EDIT: Is the 6th Gen IV calc. linked here on Smogon accurate? Since I'm making my Xerneas a beast I want to make sure that he has 31 Speed IVs :)

Last edited:
Ok, and you don't think that the Hp IVs will screw him over? They are pretty good though. Attack IVs doesn't matter since I'm going for a SpA :)
Honestly, the real world difference will be negligible at best. (EDIT: Should that be negligible a worst? Either way, you get what I mean) It will only effect those times when you would have held on by a couple of hit points. You're talking about just under a 1.3% difference with no points in HP.

Honestly, the real world difference will be negligible at best. (EDIT: Should that be negligible a worst? Either way, you get what I mean) It will only effect those times when you would have held on by a couple of hit points. You're talking about just under a 1.3% difference with no points in HP.
Ok, thanks. Do you know about the IV calc?

Is this one accurate? It's linked on this forum but I'm new to IVs :S

http://www.metalkid.info/Pokemon/Calculators/IV.aspx

119 Speed stat at lvl 50 can be both 30 and 31 IV, but when I insert Hidden Power Dragon it says that Speed is 31
Metalkid is an excellent calculator. It's usually my default. Keep in mind that the X and Y pokemon stats are estimates, though Xerneus should be spot on. Everything else is better to breed for perfect, though, anyway. :3

unless im missing something both these scenarios are hackers correct?

1. non-scarfed tyranitar outspeeds scolipede. One dragon dance for tyranitar, one speed boost for scolipede. I was outsped the next turn and he used a different move so no scarf. No quick claw or anything like that either.

2. Avalugg with rocky helmet hits my dragonite with earthquake. wat?

unless im missing something both these scenarios are hackers correct?

1. non-scarfed tyranitar outspeeds scolipede. One dragon dance for tyranitar, one speed boost for scolipede. I was outsped the next turn and he used a different move so no scarf. No quick claw or anything like that either.

2. Avalugg with rocky helmet hits my dragonite with earthquake. wat?
1. Was Trick Room up at the time? Were you tricked a lagging tail? Did the opponent have Tailwind up? What kind of build is your Scolipede running? Were you paralyzed?

2. Was Gravity up? Were you tricked an Iron Ball? Did you Roost right before he used Earthquake?

There are so many factors that you didn't mention that we really can't help you, but I can be pretty sure it wasn't hacking. That is not really possible at the moment.

1. Was Trick Room up at the time? Were you tricked a lagging tail? Did the opponent have Tailwind up? What kind of build is your Scolipede running? Were you paralyzed?

2. Was Gravity up? Were you tricked an Iron Ball? Did you Roost right before he used Earthquake?

There are so many factors that you didn't mention that we really can't help you, but I can be pretty sure it wasn't hacking. That is not really possible at the moment.
no nothing weird since its just 3 on 3 in wifi, no time to do anything like that. it was just scolipede = protect tyranitar = use dragon dance and then I go to substitute and he moves before me. scolipede has no speed modifiers from nature or EVs, just a 31 IV in it. But im pretty sure even a jolly tyranitar with max speed EVs shouldnt come anywhere near outspeeding it right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)