Final BW UU QC Sweep

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
We're going through every analysis one more time and determining what needs to be done in order for it to be up to date. We're also removing irrelevant Pokemon from this page and giving analyses to what needs to get one.

WARNING: This is not a reservations thread. Non-QC members are allowed to post here and give their opinion on certain Pokemon, but try not to be annoying please!

Here's a list of everything that has an analysis for UU right now:

abomasnow
accelgor
aerodactyl
aggron
alomomola
ambipom
amoonguss
arcanine
archeops
azelf
azumarill
bisharp
blastoise
braviary
bronzong
chandelure
cinccino
claydol
clefable
cobalion
cofagrigus
crawdaunt
cresselia
crobat
crustle
cryogonal
darmanitan
ditto
drifblim
druddigon
durant
dusclops
eelektross
empoleon
escavalier
feraligatr
ferroseed
flygon
fraxure
gallade
galvantula
gligar
golurk
gorebyss
gurdurr
heracross
hitmonlee
hitmontop
honchkrow
houndoom
jynx
kabutops
kingdra
krookodile
lanturn
lickilicky
lilligant
ludicolo
machamp
magneton
medicham
meloetta
meloetta-p
mew
mienshao
milotic
mismagius
nidoking
nidoqueen
omastar
porygon-z
porygon2
quagsire
qwilfish
raikou
registeel
rhyperior
roserade
rotom
rotom-c
rotom-f
rotom-h
rotom-s
sableye
sceptile
scolipede
scrafty
scyther
sharpedo
shaymin
shiftry
sigilyph
simipour
slowbro
slowking
smeargle
snorlax
suicune
swampert
swellow
tangrowth
tauros
togekiss
tornadus
umbreon
uxie
venomoth
victini
victreebel
virizion
volbeat
walrein
weavile
weezing
whimsicott
wynaut
xatu
yanmega
zapdos
zoroark

Assignments:

kokoloko
  1. tangrowth
  2. rotom-h
  3. cryogonal
  4. quagsire
  5. mienshao
  6. houndoom
  7. cofagrigus
  8. darmanitan
  9. lickilicky
  10. victreebel
  11. smeargle
  12. jynx
  13. porygon-z
  14. claydol
  15. tornadus
  16. meloetta-p
  17. whimsicott

Ace Emerald
  1. magneton
  2. slowking
  3. roserade
  4. venomoth
  5. ferroseed
  6. lanturn
  7. blastoise
  8. aerodactyl
  9. bronzong
  10. shiftry
  11. braviary
  12. galvantula
  13. zapdos
  14. omastar
  15. rotom-f
  16. mismagius
  17. krookodile

Ernesto
  1. wynaut
  2. cobalion
  3. walrein
  4. hitmonlee
  5. qwilfish
  6. arcanine
  7. nidoqueen
  8. rhyperior
  9. virizion
  10. aggron
  11. slowbro
  12. gurdurr
  13. bisharp
  14. shaymin
  15. zoroark
  16. chandelure
  17. snorlax

PK Gaming
  1. medicham
  2. alomomola
  3. milotic
  4. sableye
  5. scyther
  6. ambipom
  7. empoleon
  8. rotom-s
  9. heracross
  10. gallade
  11. swampert
  12. lilligant
  13. cresselia
  14. eelektross
  15. archeops
  16. simipour
  17. weavile

RT.
  1. porygon2
  2. crustle
  3. togekiss
  4. rotom
  5. tauros
  6. feraligatr
  7. sigilyph
  8. azelf
  9. honchkrow
  10. kingdra
  11. escavalier
  12. nidoking
  13. raikou
  14. registeel
  15. scrafty
  16. uxie
  17. azumarill

SOMALIA
  1. sceptile
  2. meloetta
  3. crobat
  4. mew
  5. sharpedo
  6. machamp
  7. gorebyss
  8. cinccino
  9. kabutops
  10. durant
  11. amoonguss
  12. victini
  13. flygon
  14. hitmontop
  15. ludicolo
  16. weezing
  17. crawdaunt

Psych071c

1. swellow
  2. fraxure
  3. suicune
  4. dusclops
  5. gligar
  6. golurk
  7. volbeat
  8. yanmega
  9. scolipede
  10. drifblim
  11. ditto
  12. xatu
  13. accelgor
  14. abomasnow
  15. umbreon
  16. rotom-c
  17. clefable
  18. druddigon

Go through all the analyses you've been assigned and choose one of the following options for each one:

• Stays the same
  • Small changes via SCMS (if they're small enough, you can just do them and let me know so I cache them)
  • Sets need to be added/removed (and what they are)
  • Complete revamp needed
  • Analysis should be removed

A combination of 2 and 3 is also possible, let us know if that's the case. If there is an analysis you have any doubt about, post here so all of QC can weigh in and we can come to a consensus. Post your findings here. If any QC member disagrees with another's call, post so we can discuss it as a team. Pokemon which do not currently have a UU analysis, but need one, can and should be brought up by anyone (not only QC members), and we will decide as a team if they should be added.

Due to time constraints with XY literally less than a week away, the deadline for completing assignments is October 12th. I want to get a revamps index up by the 13th.

That is all.

Last edited:

Psychotic

Banned deucer.
Swellow- Small Changes: Checks and Counters as well as teammates, no mention of Bronzong and mentions of Aggron, which is completely irrelevant.

Fraxure- analysis should be removed

Suicune –Small Changes: Roserade should not be mentioned as a partner because of Aromatherapy support, I haven’t seen Aromatherapy Roserade almost ever. Instead you should mention Umbreon as a partner with Heal Bell and Wish support.

Dusclops-Stays the same

Gligar- Small Changes: Stealth Rock should be the first slash on the Defensive set, and Taunt should not be slashed in, instead it should be put in Additional Comments.

Golurk- Small Changes: Replace Fire Punch with Ice Punch on the tank set, Fire Punch probably shouldn’t even be mentioned. Also, Mismagius and Krookodile suck in this meta and should probably be removed from Checks and Counters, same with Zapdos.

Volbeat- Small Changes: I think Volbeats best niche is weather support, and that should be the first set instead of Baton Pass. Take out the Aggron mention in A/C of the Baton Pass set. The A/C of the weather support set needs working too, the whole paragraph about rapid spinners and Hippopotas should just be completely removed, and mentions of weather sweepers should be added. Thunderbolt under other opstions needs to be removed. Honchkrow should be added to the list of priority mons in Checks and Counters.

Yanmega- Small Changes: Mentions of Timid should be removed from the LO Set. Giga Drain should be slashed in on the LO Set with HP Rock and Ground as well. There are mentions of Froslass in the A/C section of both sets that need to be removed, and I think Qwilfish should be added as a spiking mention instead on both of these.

Scolipede- Small Changes: Focus Sash should be the first slash on the Spiking set. In the A/C of the SD set, mentions of Bronzong and Registeel being good partners should be removed.

Drifblim- Small Changes: Lol remove Chesto Rest, the only set halfway viable is Acro+Dbond. Remove the mention of “Registeels Ice Punch” failing to break the sub. Also, the defensive evs don’t make much sense, the reasoning is that it has a better chance of surviving a Restalk Lax’s Crunch, which just isn’t used. Spikes Qwil, Smeargle, and Crustle should be mentioned as partners. Curse Umbreon and Mandibuzz should be removed from checks and counters, as well as anything that checks only the CM set.

Ditto- Small Changes: Remove mentions of NP Houndoom and Azelf.

Xatu- Revamp: All Froslass mentions need to be removed, and the Support Xatu set should be Physically Defensive instead of Specially Defensive now that Froslass is gone. IDK if it requires a full revamp, but a lot of stuff needs changing about the analysis.

Accelgor- Small Changes: Remove the All Out Attacker set, you are wasting a teamslot by using this. Rest of it looks good.

Umbreon- Small Changes: Checks and counters mention Qwilfish can Taunt, Pain Split, and set Spikes up on it.

Rotom-C- Small Changes: Defensive set should be listed last, after Choice Specs and non-Choice attacker. A few Froslass mentions need to be removed. Bronzong should be added to Checks and Counters. Durant needs to be removed as a check b/c of how specially weak it is.

Clefable- Life Orb should be removed, it should never be used. The slashes on the Support set are a little weird; I think Protect and Heal Bell should be slashed in first, Encore be removed and Toxic slashed in after Heal Bell. Suggested teammates should be things like Cofag that can take Fighting type moves and appreciate wish support, and it should also be mentioned that Clefable works best on hail stall.

Druddigon- No changes necessary

Abomasnow- I'm really not sure about the current Abomasnow analysis. I really think an SD set should be implemented, because of how effectively it lures in and wrecks a bunch of hail counters, and I personally think it is the best or second best set, but I am pretty much the only person who uses it. Other QC members, please give your opinions.

Last edited:
Seconding an SD Abomasnow set.

1. Sceptile - Checks & Counters need to be redone. SD set should be changed to Acrobatics set and Life Orb removed (mentioned in AC).
  2. Meloetta - Minor edits to the Checks & Counters section. Addition of certain moves to Specs set.
  3. Crobat - The Banded set needs to mention that with Sleep Talk, only Brave Bird and U-Turn can be used leaving an empty 4th slot just to ensure you sleep talk one of those 2 moves; Cross Poison is pretty horrible, even with Choice Band. Apart from that, it looks good.
  4. Mew - Baton Pass set needs mention in AC for Lum Berry and Mental Herb. Aside from that, stays the same.
  5. Sharpedo - Same.
  6. Machamp - Minor additions to Checks & Counters.
  7. Gorebyss -
  8. cinccino
  9. kabutops
  10. durant
  11. amoonguss
  12. victini
  13. flygon
  14. hitmontop
  15. ludicolo
  16. weezing
  17. crawdaunt

Last edited:

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
re: Abomasnow - Yeah we should add a Swords Dance set and also an offensive Leech Seed set with Giga Dragin / Blizzard / Protect or Substitute / Leech Seed.

re: Specs Meloetta - It's really strong and has a lot of switchin opportunities; it's pretty good. That SpD makes it so it can tank pretty much any Special Attacker at least once and do a ton of damage back (76% min to Raikou with Psyshock, for example). It probably needs to be changed a bit though because it's missing Hyper Voice and Psyshock lol.

re: Cross Poison on CB Crobat - Yeah we can AC mention 3 attacks only, but Cross Poison is good for hitting like max HP Zapdos (39.94 - 47.25% -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock)

My assignments:
  1. tangrowth - full revamp. the only set worth mentioning is the offensive set, every other set is dumb because amoonguss does it better imo. and the only reason specs is even good is because of regen lol.
  2. rotom-h - small changes and a set needs to be added. a bluff set with trick flame orb is more than viable and does a great job at crippling its checks (umbreon, specificallly, loses lefties and can't heal bell away the burn like it could if we just used wisp). also i'm iffy about the set order, i think non-choice attacker and bluff are better than scarf, but i'm not too sure, so other qc members should weigh in.
  3. cryogonal - stays the same.
  4. quagsire - full revamp. the sets should probably stay the same, but the actual content is very outdated.
  5. mienshao - small changes. subpass should definitely be above 4 attacks and the checks and counters section could use a little work--cresselia needs to be mentioned, for example.
  6. houndoom - surprisingly, stays the same.
  7. cofagrigus - the defensive set could probably use some changes and a chesto rest cm set should be discussed.
  8. darmanitan - stays the same.
  9. lickilicky - analysis should be removed.
  10. victreebel - analysis should be removed.
  11. smeargle - full revamp. main set should be spikes / sr / spore / whirlwind or magic coat, then BP.
  12. jynx - full revamp.
  13. porygon-z - small changes and a set needs to be added. double dance was proven good by reach and it seems just as viable as any of p-z's other sets. the checks and counters section could use some work.
  14. claydol - full revamp. i'm not sure what it should look like but i know SpD is not the best option. we should look into a max SpA modest set or something. TrickScarf is probably something else worth testing.
  15. tornadus - small changes. tailwind needs some emphasis.
  16. meloetta-p - lol i didnt even realize this was there.
  17. whimsicott - full revamp. fsr subseed is the only set listed despite not even being good. i'm thinking the only viable set is something like u-turn / stun spore or tailwind / taunt or encore / memento or something along those lines.

Eh every time I faced the SD set, it was really underwhelming and my experience with Aboma taught me Fire-types were the most common first switch-ins, so you were generally better off throwing an Earthquake or Leech Seed on the switch. I'm not really sure if it warrants its own set. Offensive Leech Seed I've used a lot (more than 150 games), but I used Ice Shard + Wood Hammer over Blizzard + Giga Drain. Sure, burns now and then sucked, but it was never underwhelming due to Leech Seed being a general annoyance (burns would maim the SD set, at least this one can get away with them). I really preferred the ability to throw an Ice Shard against weakened mons, and Wood Hammer is really good. Also, one of the biggest reasons Wood Hammer was really good was the ability to reliably beat Crocune, which I'm not sure can be done with Giga Drain + Leech Seed (only 8 chances to crit, getting weaker every turn, you're gonna be slower more often than not). I /can/ see specially based Leech Seed working, of course, but more as an excuse for Blizzspamming than for its atributes. Also Protect >>> Sub on it :P

Two attacks CBbat + ST is where it's at, it's a real pity that you have to use such as sad move like Cross Poison to hit Electrics (mostly Zapdos, but bulky Raikou too I guess). Every time I used the set I only ran those three moves, but yea, Cross Poison can work, it's just so pitiful, lol.

On Rotom-H: I'd added the TrickOrb set to OO, do you really want to make it a set? I used it and I liked it, but I dunno. What about Grass Gem HP Grass for a lure set?

My assignments:

1. Wynaut - change the name to 'Why the hell would I use this in UU?' Seriously though, I've never seen it or used it, it obviously has a niche because Gothorita is completely different to really outclass it, but I dunno. I guess I should test it. I asked psych's opinion and he said it didn't deserve an analysis so I'm inclined to agree with him. Will get back to this later

2. Cobalion - Sets need to be added/removed I feel like Taunt / Sub SD should get its own set. It's quite good due to the number of things it can set up on, and it really only needs CC + Stone Edge to work. I'm not sure if the CM set is viable, never used it never seen it. I'll have to test it

3. Walrein - Stays the same | Small changes I annoyed the hell out of Ace when he was writing it so I think it should be fine. Only thing is, I dunno if Surf should be a slash or AC (since I was vouching for AC but Ace might've thought I wanted it for SC), but I'm ok either way

4. Hitmonlee - Small changes via SCMS I don't like a couple of things about how it's been written, but it's nothing that couldn't be fixed with SCMS. I think one big thing about it that should be mentioned is that, as long as Gligar, Qwilfish, Slowbro, Cresselia are alive, it'll never sweep without hax. This sentence in particular "they are unable to take more than one hit and must be kept healthy in order to survive" is iffy because they're gonna switch directly into you, so they aren't really gonna have to take two full powered Reversals. And all of them bar Gligar have Thunder Wave, so yea, they completely stop it.

5. Qwilfish - Sets need to be added? I think a max Speed set is more than viable now that Froslass is gone. Also, if we're gonna keep the 52 Speed EVs on the physically defensive, the spread should be 240 HP / 216 Def Impish. Maybe also AC/OO Scald for the heck of it

6. Arcanine

7. Nidoqueen - Small changes Nidoqueen is really really good in this meta, imo the set should have Focus Blast slashed with Fire Blast instead of Ice Beam, but there'll probably be backlash with this because Fire Blast is important for Heracross and whatnot. Still, imo the set should be SR / Sub | Earth Power | Ice Beam / Sludge Wave | Fire Blast / Focus Blast with 128 HP / 252 SpA / 128 Spe Modest as the spread for Modest Empoleon. On the defensive set, I'm not sure if Earthquake isn't worth a slash with a Relaxed nature. I know that EP hits harder on neutral targets what with the SF boost and all, but it was ridiculous when I was using bulky SubCM Raikou and I could actually set up a Sub on Queen. I know she shouldn't be your only answer to Kou because she'll lose to most variants, but when the difference is really just between hitting Cobalion and Raikou harder, I might as well go with EQ most of the time. I'd like some input on this.

8. Rhyperior

9. Virizion - currently testing

10. Aggron

11. Slowbro - Set needs to be added? | Small changes Still testing the viability of LO + TR because it's an amazing partner to Escavalier and Snorlax and has great coverage, it has an easier time setting up than Slowking and doesn't really /need/ NP (also I'm not sure if Slowking would be able to set up both often, due to the smaller number of stuff it can switch into). Calm Mind needs to be moved down, if stall was more common it would be great, but really, it's very hard to work with outside of dedicated stall teams so it isn't as good. Physical Tank is, simply put, amazing in this metagame, it's one of the deadliest paralysis spreaders and in now way Slowking outclasses it. Sure, Dragon Tail is great against Kingdra, but Slowbro provides insurance against a lot of things as in much harder to weaken and/or Pursuit trap on the physical side. Spread should be 248 HP / 248 Def / 12 SpA, AC mention that the 12 remaining EVs can easily go to Speed when running T-Wave, as it ensures you outpace CB Crobat. You're also only diminishing your chances against 252 HP Roserade by 12.5%, so it's a good tradeoff more often than not. EDIT: Also imo Umbreon should be mentioned in C&C, it can switch into Scalds and burn you while Heal Belling on the switch (that goes both ways actually, since I T-wave many times to give my Slowbro status protection while getting a free switch into something that will force Umbreon out), can take non-Focus Blast hits from Specs pretty easily, and only stands to lose to the CM set when it doesn't have Toxic.

12. Gurdurr

13. Bisharp

14. Shaymin

15. Zoroark

16. Chandelure - Small changes Like Rotom-H, it can do the TrickOrb part really well, punishing Snorlax and Umbreon. I'd say it's more deserving of that set than Rotom-H (although it's true Rotom is Choiced more often than Chandy), but it's fine either way. I do think it should be mentioned, though.

17. Snorlax - Small changes via SCMS Delete mentions of Froslass! Will see if there's anything else.

(Still a WIP)

Last edited:

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
My stuff:

1. Magneton - Small changes via SCMS: mentions Durant, teammates should include Honchkrow/Tornadus for every set, Checks and Counters is very lacking. Also, I think the eviolite set should be Timid with evs to outspeed Adamant Honchcrow because it can be a clutch check on an HO team. Also HP Grass>Ice in my opinion, looking for other QC opinion.

2. Slowking - Remove sets: What do you guys think about the effectiveness of utility counter? It seems like all it does is check special Kingdra, while potentially losing to physical Kingdra. Combine that with the fact that it's literally the same moves (plus Fire Blast slash) and I think it can be AC'd on the first.

3. Roserade - Small changes: one Froslass mention, other than that looks good

4. Venomoth - No changes: Relatively recent update by koko, looks good to me

5. Ferroseed - Full revamp: Wow this set is bare bones and old. It mentions Donphan as a spinner, not even kidding. I don't know if there's anything salvageable about it. I would argue to remove it, but I know Flare stands by it so I'd like some other opinions.

6. Lanturn - An open analysis right now, work is already being done by Ernesto

7. Blastoise - No changes: Recent update, no Froslass mention, looks good

8. Aerodactyl - I'd like to do some testing. I'm doubting the Choice Band set and wondering if LO is the best choice for item. Any QC opinion is welcome.

9. Bronzong - No changes: Just updated the other month, no Froslass mentions, good to stay

10. Shiftry - Removal/Revamp: Nasty Plot should be removed, relies on Sun. I'd like to test Swords Dance as I'm not sure it's effectiveness. If we keep it, it needs a revamp because Hitmontop is listed as the best counter (along with Throh), Heracross barely gets a mention.

11. Braviary - Small changes: Recent update, just remove Froslass

12. Galvantula - Small changes: C&C needs a little more, maybe Volt Switch>Substitute slash

13. Zapdos - Set revamp: I think Sub Roost could use a revamp, it seems like an all around mediocre set at the moment, doing nothing spectacular

14. Omastar - Full revamp: Very old, outdated metagame references

15. Rotom-F - Small changes: Recent update, though SubSplit may deserve the first spot

16. Mismagius - Stay same: last updated a year ago but the metagame hasn't really shifted since then for Missy

17. Krookodile - Small changes: C&C needs to be fleshed out

I can start tackling the small changes soon.

Responses

Abomasnow: it might be worth it to have a physical and special attacking tank, I talked briefly with koko about this a while ago.

Wynaut: its mediocre, but better a trapping scarfers and letting fast-and-frail sweepers sweep against other offense teams.

Qwilfish: honestly surprised fast spiker isn't already a set, good players have picked it up.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
RE: Zoroark: Substitute > Flamethrower on the Nasty Plot set. Zoroark is garbage without a Substitute. Sub SD should be added because it's a good set. All-out attacker and Scarf should probably go. (All-out attacker is kind of weak and Scarf is just bad) It needs some slight SCMS editting.

1. Medicham: Overview and set comments need to be toned down. Need to remove Froslass mentions. (SCMS)
2. Alomomola: It's fine. 2nd to none at wishpassing.
3. Milotic: It's fine.
4. Sableye: Overview needs a bit more modern. Set comments need to mention that Sableye is really effective against Stall. (SCMS)
5. Scyther: The analysis is outdated. New overview needs to cut to the chase, set comments are outdated and mention old pokemon etc. No mention of rapid spin either. How is Scyther used in UU currently? We need to investigate. (Update)
6. Ambipom: Mostly fine. Overview could stand to be a less dismissive. (SCMS)
7. Empoleon: Overview needs to be changed. It compares it to other waters from the get go and claims that its outclassed in offensive and defensive roles which simply isn't true. Set order could be tweaked (Offensive Stealth Rock should be #1 or #2). Agility set should be removed imo (it shouldn't be used over subpetaya) everything else is fine (SCMS)
8. Rotom-S: Seriously doubting the legitimacy of this Pokemon. Shittier zapdos that's more effective against grass-types. (Possible removal)
9. Heracross: Mostly fine. I think CB should be the 2nd set, and SD should use the AC spread. I'd like your input on this one.
10. Gallade: Overview overhypes it to kingdom come and the set comments are sparse and outdated. (Update)
11. Swampert: Overview and set comments needs to be made more topical, but everything else is fine. (SCMS)
12. Liligant: Change the overview (ie: remove the "at first glance its outclassed bit) Everything else is fine. (SCMS)
13. Cresselia: Overview contains to much fluff and isn't accurate at all. Pursuit Houndoom is erroneously mentioned as a counter. Set comments are outdated, but topical. A scms change would suffice (Update or SCMS)
14. Eelektross: Remove Froslass mention. (SCMS)
15. Archeops: Set comments need to emphasis the importance of a rapid spinner, set comments should be more up to date (SCMS).
16. Simipour: The analysis is good at conveying that Simipour is extremely niche but it's there if you want. I think it's fine.
17. Weavile: Overview could use a bit more detail, but the set comments are fine. (SCMS)

Last edited:

Ace Emerald

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
8. Rotom-S: Seriously doubting the legitimacy of this Pokemon. Shittier zapdos that's more effective against grass-types. (Possible removal)
The analysis looks subpar and the Pokemon in question is hugely outclassed in everything it does, I say remove.

PK Gaming : Yea, I was gonna say Sub Zoro is probably the best way to go for non-choiced (although I used Sub + 3 attacks instead of SubNP; Fire/Grass coverage is great when your job isn't to attract Snorlax anyway). My problem with SubSD (assuming your moves are Sucker Punch and Low Kick; I might be wrong) is that it's not easy to set up and it fails to do significant damage to non-weaks. I've seen the all-out attacker work, although I'd change it to mixed Sub | SP | Dark Pulse | Focus. It is really weak, but Sucker Punch hurts non-Fighting revenge killers like Darmanitan or Flygon, I should take my time to test more variants really. Scarf I agree with you, being so frail and weak is just not great.

Regarding Heracross: I'd definitely keep SD as the second set, with the AC spread it has a real easy time setting up on a lot of things. When I used it I just loved it, especially with paralysis support from like Togekiss or Slowbro. CB is amazing, no doubt about it (RT once swept me with it when he was using it), but imo SD's perks lie in Hera's ability to totally wreck its common checks while CB is just ridiculously hard to switch into (CB Megahorn 2HKOing Offensive Cofag when statused is really effing sweet). Finally, I haven't used it in a while, but I don't think the metagame changed that much so that Salac Berry shouldn't be worthy of a slash on the Sub + 3 attacks set. During the long period I used it, I found it really nice how it could counter-sweep stuff like +1 CM Raikou or Sharpedo depending on how many hazards you allowed your opponent to set up (and in the latter's case, on Waterfall not flinching, lol). If you didn't get crit, you basically got a DD boost at the same time you killed something. And if you got a kill with a Sub up, it was 'gg' unless the opponent had two faster Scarfers / two priority users / a combination of both.

EDIT: On Empoleon, maybe Flash Cannon could be slashed on the fourth slot of the Specs set? It's rather situational but it's the best move penguin has to hit Aboma with, and it can be really rewarding.

Last edited:

Nas

Banned deucer.
  1. porygon2 - Duck Tank shouldn't be using any ability other than Trace,
  2. crustle -
  3. togekiss -
  4. rotom -
  5. tauros -
  6. feraligatr -
  7. sigilyph -
  8. azelf -
  9. honchkrow -
  10. kingdra -
  11. escavalier -
  12. nidoking -
  13. raikou -
  14. registeel -
  15. scrafty -
  16. uxie -
  17. azumarill -
this is a wip

Just wanting to ask, can sets still be posted in this forum? I really wanna put a set that I think has some merit, but I'm not sure if I can. (To elaborate, I mean that I'm not sure if I can post a set because of the QC Cleanup.)

Last edited:

Ace Emerald

Just wanting to ask, can sets still be posted in this forum? I really wanna put a set that I think has some merit, but I'm not sure if I can. (To elaborate, I mean that I'm not sure if I can post a set because of the QC Cleanup.)
Probably not because the meta is so old, but feel free to PM the set to QC members and we'll take a look.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)