Bad Luck You've Had So Far

Oh, like many others I was about to complain: '120 hours and no shinies' (I don't actually think they're authentic if they've been chain-fished or chain-radared for).

But I just found a shiny Grumpig at the Friend Safari. Own Tempo (can always be changed, right? not that it can have anything great), Serious nature (not good, but eh: not bad!), IVs: 4-6/27-29/27-29/31/31/27-29.

To all of you, it will come.

Also, to SeanAxel: I hope you didn't release them yet. There is the Battle Maison item for 200 BP that allows you to change a Pokémon's ability for one of its potential others.

Is an Hidden Ability passed down with much less chances than a regular one by the male parent?
Males can't pass down hidden abilities UNLESS they are breeding with Ditto.

If you're breeding, say, two chespin, only the female will pass down bulletproof, as an example.

After spending hours trawling through grass and puddles trying to find Haunter on Route 14, I finally come across one and with my Miltank which is quite a low level, I pick the only move that affects Haunter, Rollout. Since I have never used that move before, it was a shocking moment when I couldn't use any other mover or switch out and watch the poor Haunter get rolled to death. Fortunately I boxed the stupid Miltank and bought out Pachirisu instead and although confused for like 5 turns, managed to get a nuzzle off and capture the next one I saw

It took me hundreds of eggs to hatch a Modest Magnet Pull Magnemite w/ HP Fire. Perfect IVs: Atk and SpD. I hate things. All I wanted was Max Spa and HP, Def, or Spe Def. Is that really too much to ask?

Last edited:
Reactions: JES
Dugtrio. Perfect stats in all but special attack. Jolly nature. Ability: Sand Veil. Not only does it suck because it can't trap anything, it's banned from competitive play. Woohoo.
And that is why they made the Ability Capsule. Save up your BP and rejoice that they gave you a chance.

The amount of eggs it took me to get from 3 perfect IVs to two pokes of different genders with 4 perfect IVs was somewhere in the vicinity of 60.

Crit a Solrock twice in a row, didn't catch it. Encountered a Machop crit that too. 3 crits in a row, did not catch either of them. :(

AWailOfATail

viva la darmz
No shinies. I've been playing since Fire Red, and no shinies other than event shinies (aka shiny Haxorus, etc).

Also my Pidgeot had 0 IVs in speed. So that's why everything outsped it... (31 in HP though)

Males can't pass down hidden abilities UNLESS they are breeding with Ditto.

If you're breeding, say, two chespin, only the female will pass down bulletproof, as an example.
Uh no wrong, they can also pass it down if they are from the same evolutionary line. I have a box of Rattled Whismur to prove it.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I just feel like the hax from the AI is so OP this gen. If something has supersonic, gg. Static (or any other ability) seems to activate 100% of the time too. Every battle I do seems to just go perfect for the AI, I have to run back to the pokecenter after literally every battle.

Also, are critical captures meant to fail? I feel like that was pretty unlucky when that happened

I just feel like the hax from the AI is so OP this gen. If something has supersonic, gg. Static (or any other ability) seems to activate 100% of the time too. Every battle I do seems to just go perfect for the AI, I have to run back to the pokecenter after literally every battle.

Also, are critical captures meant to fail? I feel like that was pretty unlucky when that happened
Critical captures can fail; essentially, where the game would make three (or four) "shake checks", it only makes one. If the ball wouldn't even shake, then it's quite possible to fail.

Been trying to find a female Togepi in the safari for my breeding project. Several hours later... I've had more luck finding shinies (stupid ones I hate like Wailmer).

I've been breeding Sneasel for a few days now. Finally, Adamant with a 29 HP (close enough for me), 31 Att, 31 Sp.D, 31 Speed. And a Defence IV of two.

Technically all 100% Accuracy moves have 99.6% Accuracy, due to the way the formula or something like that :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)