Arceus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

Name: Arceus
Type: Normal
Abilities: Multitype
Base Stats: 120 / 120 / 120 / 120 / 120 / 120
Movepool: http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/arceus-normal/moves
Stats and movepool unconfirmed

General Description:
They see me rollin', they hatin'

Arceus didn't really change much, other than one buff: Steel-types no longer resist Ghost-type attacks, which means Arceus doesn't need the third coverage move as much as it used to! This definitely makes Extreme Killer a bit more scary, as now many traditional checks such as Skarmory are no longer as effective. Arceus can still utilize the Trick + Choice Band very well, and the Wallceus set, when paired with new comers such as Yveltal, can prove to be an extremely helpful defensive combination.

Last edited:
The only problem I found using Ghost-type coverage on Recover-abusing ExtremeKiller Arceus is that I was consistently spat on by Aegislash. Mind games with King's Shield and Sacred Sword meant that I was losing most of Arceus' health and its attack stat before I could deal with it, if I could deal with it at all. EQ, on the other hand, OHKO's Aegislash in Shield Forme, though it does make Giratina-O impossible to deal with (not like it's a good idea to do so with Arceus anyway) and turns normal forme Giratina into a massive pain in my behind (much like with G-O, still not a good idea), though it does slap down Dialgia much more easily and makes dealing with Steel- and Rock-types in general easier. I honestly found it easier to use other Pokémon to deal with the Gira's and Skarm, rather than use Shadow Claw.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I think the fact that arceus has defog is a pretty good buff to it since it now functions as a pseudo spinner in addition to all those other roles it could do.

I've seen an Arceus set of Shadow Force/ES/Shadow Claw/Swords Dance on the ladder and it does an excellent job of powering through those pesky Steel-type walls while still possessing pretty good coverage. You only lose to Aegislash if you lose a 50-50 anyway.

Ghost buff really helps Arceus, even if it's still a bit walled by Ferro and Skarm. Having a +2 priority is also very helpful because it lets you kill Blaziken, Talonflame, and dodge Sucker Punch. I'm considering running Shadow Force to hit steels a bit harder, as well as breaking through protect.

Extreme killer is still good as always, although Arceus-Grass also gets a buff in powder absorbing.

The Extreme Killer set can run quite a few combination of item/nature/EVs.

1. Lum Berry/Adamant/(240Hp/252Atk/16Spe)
With Earthquake, this set beats support Arceus quite easily, you SD on the switch and proceed to land two consecutive hits while Lum Berry heals any burn attempt. Another benefit of Lum Berry is that it provides you safety from toxic and burn coming from Lugia, Aegislash and Giratina(s) and hit hard with Shadow Force. It also save you from Ho-oh burn and have an easily time against Skarmory.

2. Life Orb/Jolly/(4Hp/252Atk/252Spe)
This set relies on a speed tie to beat support Arceus and hence is less effective for this matter. You SD on the switch and have to win a speed tie to not get burn before landing your first attack. I am not sure about the power difference between Life Orb Jolly and Non-Boosting item Adamant but I assume the former does more damage. This also leaves you with a burn proceeding the encounter with support Arceus unlike #1 above.

3. Silk Scarf/Adamant/(240Hp/252Atk/16Spe)
This set face significantly more problem against support Arceus, however it has more bulk than Life Orb (#2) and doesn't have the recoil. It secure OHKO after a SD that Lum Berry (#1) falls short on.

Last edited:
Wait is this threat for only Ekiller or all Arceus forms. If it is all Arceus forms you should also mention Defog since more defensive Arceus forms ( Arceus Fairy for example ) can now finally remove hazards, about the only thing Arceus couldn't do last generation. Also then you should also mention new Arceus Fairy I mentioned 1 sentence ago since it a pretty good Arceus form.

I've seen an Arceus set of Shadow Force/ES/Shadow Claw/Swords Dance on the ladder and it does an excellent job of powering through those pesky Steel-type walls while still possessing pretty good coverage. You only lose to Aegislash if you lose a 50-50 anyway.
If I'm not mistaken, Shadow Force bypasses Protect-type moves, including King's Shield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)