Not open for further replies.

Name: Lugia
Type: Psychic / Flying
Abilities: Pressure / Multiscale
Base Stats: 106 / 90 / 130 / 90 / 154 / 110
Movepool: http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/lugia/moves
Stats and movepool unconfirmed

General Description:
With Defog now decimating hazards Lugia has a new lease on life as a Multiscale abuser slinging out status and phazing away Substitute users in a metagame without Stealth Rock or it can choose to use Pressure and blow any hazards away itself with Defog.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually really dislike Defog on Lugia (or in general when using Lugia), because Lugia's two jobs are mainly to stall out threats with Toxic and to Phaze things it can't stall or that try to set up on it with Dragon Tail/Whirlwind, thus racking up hazard damage. Multiscale is nice, but it's not worth sacrificing a good quarter of Lugia's utility through the lack of hazards, especially when you factor the rest of the team in. I've found it much easier, not to mention more effective, to rely on a Spinner (or just ignore SR, which Lugia has the bulk to pull off), and use Lugia as it was used last gen.

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
I'm pretty he sure he meant having a Defog partner so Lugia can come in much more often with Multiscale.

I'm pretty he sure he meant having a Defog partner so Lugia can come in much more often with Multiscale.
Sigh...
I actually really dislike Defog on Lugia (or in general when using Lugia)
Meaning that I don't like using Defog at all when you have Lugia on your team. If you'd read the rest of my post, you'd understand that.

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Sigh...

Meaning that I don't like using Defog at all when you have Lugia on your team. If you'd read the rest of my post, you'd understand that.
Woah there Jason I misread your post no need to be pissy

Anyway I do agree that Lugia doesn't like having no hazards for phazing, but at the end of the day many will be using Lugia to counter certain threats and it really can't do that with Stealth Rock up. Rapid Spin is of course an option but spinblocking still exists.

Stealth Rock is kinda really big to not have though. Not just for Multiscale variants, but just Lugiass in general becomes a lot less impressive when it's losing 25%. Plus, Lugiass suffered a lot from spikes last gen so having an easy "spin" in Defog is pretty useful for the guy. Sure you wipe your own hazards but I'm pretty certain Defog is popular enough that if you don't, the other guy will. (in other words, Lugiass should probably be doing more Toxic and less phaze)

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Multiscale Lugia will probably be a big player on balanced teams. With Defog support it can check almost everything from full life, giving your team a lot of options in both offensive and defensive aspects. Oh and countering (from full life) Power Herb Xerneas is incredible as well.

Multiscale Lugia will probably be a big player on balanced teams. With Defog support it can check almost everything from full life, giving your team a lot of options in both offensive and defensive aspects. Oh and countering (from full life) Power Herb Xerneas is incredible as well.
The big deal is, Defog is illegal with Multiscale.

That's why i suggested Lugia with Defog support and not Lugia with Defog.
What were you thinking for a Gen VI set, then? Obviously Whirlwind for one of its newly-acquired niches this gen, phasing out Xerneas as well as other setup sweepers, and Roost is obviously also mandatory, but is there anything in particular you think would be particularly good this gen?

What were you thinking for a Gen VI set, then? Obviously Whirlwind for one of its newly-acquired niches this gen, phasing out Xerneas as well as other setup sweepers, and Roost is obviously also mandatory, but is there anything in particular you think would be particularly good this gen?
toxic
toxic
toxic
and uh
toxic

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Twave
Twave
Twave
Errr can't forget about twave

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
what about psychic to ko mega gar? its not like you need ice beam to beat most dragons if you're at 100% anyways but the yveltal problem is sort of big i guess

Aeroblast is generally better this gen bc it can still 2HKO Mega Gengar MM2X and MegaBlaze, and Psychic makes it total Taunt bait against Yveltal and Darkrai, so yeah. Aeroblast is generally better right now cuz it can beat the more common Taunt users in the meta that have no recovery which is nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)