Bad Luck You've Had So Far

Dugtrio. Perfect stats in all but special attack. Jolly nature. Ability: Sand Veil. Not only does it suck because it can't trap anything, it's banned from competitive play. Woohoo.
You still have chance to use AB Capsule to reverse it.

For me.....Perfect IV Jolly Gible with....Sand veil and it is female...

Trying to make every pokemon on my team in a different ball. Get hopes up when I discover the pokeball is now passed down from the parent, either female or non ditto. Both my Charizard I'm transfering from Firered, and my new Tyrunt, are in normal pokeballs.

Not really bad luck, per se', but it feels like it.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Technically all 100% Accuracy moves have 99.6% Accuracy, due to the way the formula or something like that :p
This hasn't been true since RBY, where all moves except Swift had at least a 1/256 chance of missing.

Anyway, I was breeding Espurr last night and got three batches in a row where the only one with the desired ability was male and hatched in the third egg of the batch. Creepy stuff, I tell you...

add me to the list of playing hundreds of hours per game since ruby/sapphire and not getting a shiny. tried chain fishing last night because i was so desperate

Had pretty good luck so far. 2 Shinys, flawless Yuvetal, all of my breeding turned out good eventually. Only today I was farming Lucky Eggs when it took me an hour. After about 10 failed balls, I used Bullet Seed on it. Hit 5 times including a crit on the fourth, just enough to OHKO it. Then I realized my Tree with frisk could learn Theif. Another hour later I found another Lucky Egg.

Down to 1 v 1 like 40-win-streak Battle Maison:

Cofagrious completely walled my Mega Kangaskhan and it has Mummy..

I couldn't use Sucker Punch because it had Hex..

For all you bastards that liked me failing in catching a shiny Ivysaur..

I just caught a shiny Tropius in a safari, and it knew Whirlwind [unsure if it still blows you out of battle].

Either way, nervous as shit, but Nest Balled the bitch. Female, Harvest. Good bye.

----

Bad Luck; it's Bashful(?)

Tomy

I COULD BE BANNED!
My Ivysaur's Sleep Powder missed so many times...It's supposed to be 75% accurate, but it really seems to be around 40-50% with me.

Accidentally wonder traded my lucky egg in my first play through lol otherwise I have been pretty good with checking my items xD

I have played at least one game from every Pokemon generation, usually for 160-500 hrs each. I have still, to this day, never encountered a single shiny Pokemon that wasn't a trade or a scripted event.

Managed to hatch a shiny Timid Compoudeyes Joltik, then I traded the egg to X where I could have used him... no more shiny.
I was like WHAT THE HELL. Then I learned about the ID shit.
Yeah it's more a bad story than a bad luck one, but still...

Last edited:
Battle Maison 101: The foe's Stunfisk used Fissure!
It's a one-hit KO!
Delphox fainted!
Go! Goodra!
Goodra used Muddy Water!
The foe's Stunfisk avoided the attack!

The foe's Stunfisk used Fissure!
It's a one-hit KO!
Goodra fainted!
Go! Aegislash!

The foe's Stunfisk used Fissure!
It's a one-hit KO!
Aegislash fainted!

Well sh**...it's Pokemon Stadium 1 all over again.

Managed to hatch a shiny Timid Compoudeyes Joltik, then I traded the egg to X where I could have used him... no more shiny.
I can't believe they haven't fixed this issue yet... I love doing blind egg trades but this is really discouraging. I have to warn everyone I trade to send the egg back for hatching if it looks shiny :/

My brother found a Shiny Nosepass within five hours playing. And here I am, running around like a headless chicken trying to breed an Adamant Marill. I have a whole box of Marill.

My brother found a Shiny Nosepass within five hours playing. And here I am, running around like a headless chicken trying to breed an Adamant Marill. I have a whole box of Marill.
If you think one box is enough...

I went through roughly 300 Eevees before I hatched my shiny one in White 2, using both the Shiny Charm and Masuda Method.

Bad luck in X? Mostly just haxy misses of Focus Blast or Muddy Water that completely ruined good Battle Maison streaks.

Wait, what's this ID thing? Never heard of it before :s

I haven't really had too much bad luck. I did get a chain of 93 on my first try of chain fishing and got mad. I've been trying it every now and then in hopes of shiny but haven't gotten anything... that was until some hours ago where I gold a gold Magikarp :3

I didn't understand pretty well, but in fact if your ID isn't the same when the egg hatches, the mon isn't shiny anymore because the ID doesn't match.
In other words if I didn't trade my egg to the other game I would have had a shiny Joltik right now.

tl;dr: if you hatch a shiny mon, don't reset the game to trade the egg to another game cause it won't be shiny anymore.

I can't believe they haven't fixed this issue yet... I love doing blind egg trades but this is really discouraging. I have to warn everyone I trade to send the egg back for hatching if it looks shiny :/
To be fair, this is the only legitimate way to get a shiny Manaphy, or any shiny event Pokemon other than Genesect for that matter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)