Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Okuu

Blame [me] for Global Warming!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
Also, if Greninja used Ice Beam for example and changed it's typing to Ice, will it reset to Water/Dark upon switching out and then in again?
Yes, in the same fashion that a Kecleon will go back to Normal typing every time it's sent back into battle.

Can Excadrill learn Iron Head? It was a move tutor attack in 5th Gen.
Drilbur cannot learn the move, so it can't be bred. But if you want to give it a shot in the hopes that it's been changed, Mawile learns it. If you try it, let us know if it works.
I'm afraid that I tried that as soon as I got my Drilbur- Iron Head cannot be bred onto Excadrill. Looks like we're stuck with Rock Slide until Pokebank comes out.

Safari-related question: Has anyone seen a safari that has Deino / Zweilous in it? Was looking to breed a great Hydreigon, but haven't heard of anyone with these in their safari.

Safari-related question: Has anyone seen a safari that has Deino / Zweilous in it? Was looking to breed a great Hydreigon, but haven't heard of anyone with these in their safari.
Deino and it's evolutions are not available in the Safari, unfortunately. You have to breed them from scratch. However, I have just finished breeding for my own Hydreigon and have plenty of leftover Deinos with 4-5 perfect IVs. Message me and we could probably work out a trade.

Okuu

Blame [me] for Global Warming!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
Ninja'd, but if you're unable to trade for a breeded one, you can always catch another Dragon in a safari, get it up to 5+ perfect IVs through breeding, then Destiny Knot the resulting male and breed it with a female Deino / evo.

I don't know if there's any benefit from finding pokemon in the safari compared to the normal in game places because I haven't used it yet, but if it helps there are wild Zweilous in Victory Road.

I'm new to IV breeding and my first ever final product is a Blaziken 31/31/x/x/31/31 Adamant and Blaze. I was fine with blaze because his mega gives him the speedboost ability and I was under the impression that you couldn't breed that hidden ability. I see people talking about breeding it on here however. Was I mistaken or has something changed in gen-VI?

Or is it important? Is using the mega on him a waste? (sorry if this is the wrong place to post, long time lurker but recent participant).

I'm new to IV breeding and my first ever final product is a Blaziken 31/31/x/x/31/31 Adamant and Blaze. I was fine with blaze because his mega gives him the speedboost ability and I was under the impression that you couldn't breed that hidden ability. I see people talking about breeding it on here however. Was I mistaken or has something changed in gen-VI?

Or is it important? Is using the mega on him a waste? (sorry if this is the wrong place to post, long time lurker but recent participant).
If you breed it with a Ditto (assuming it's male,) there is a chance it will pass on the hidden ability. If it's female, it'll be more likely to pass it on, with any father.

I'm afraid that I tried that as soon as I got my Drilbur- Iron Head cannot be bred onto Excadrill. Looks like we're stuck with Rock Slide until Pokebank comes out.
Dang, thank you.

Last edited:
It's been a long time since I've played or posted anything to this site but XY has brought me back!
The other night, I received a male Pichu with Volt Tackle and I am wondering how to breed that move through. I assume I have to evolve it to Pikachu first? Also, does anyone have tips on raising happiness quickly so I don't end up with like a level 24 Pichu before it evolves?

Cheers in advance!

Yeah, the mechanics were changed to allow males with the hidden ability to pass it on when breeding with Ditto. You can just spam eggs until you get a female Torchic with its hidden ability.

Hmm...so my aggron is struggling right now a bit. Chesnaught hammer arm is OHKOing it, and so is Mega Mewtwo X aura sphere. Any advice on items? It has a quick claw right now, but I wonder if focus sash is better off.

Quick claw is a bad item, and I think it's banned in Smogon meta. Sash is pointless as you may as well run Sturdy ability for the same effect. You're better off just putting on a choice band, and running away when Chestnaught appears. As for Mewtwo well...that's in a completely different class of Pokemon.

Last edited:
Quick claw is a bad item, and I think it's banned in Smogon meta. Sash is pointless as you may as well run Sturdy ability for the same effect. You're better off just putting on a choice band, and running away when Chestnaught appears. As for Mewtwo well...that's in a completely different class of Pokemon.
I can't run head smash with sturdy though. I like being able to take out those annoying charizards, talonflames and blazikens in one hit and deal at least 50% to everything but shuckle and aegislash shield.

1. Just caught Zygarde 31/29/30/x/31/31, but unfortunately its nature isnt synchronized, which is Careful + SpD -SpA.
Should I run DD or Coil on this one?

2.Does Refrigerate boost the move's power like Pixilate?

1. Just caught Zygarde 31/29/30/x/31/31, but unfortunately its nature isnt synchronized, which is Careful + SpD -SpA.

I don't have an answer for number 2, I'm afraid, try testing it by using it in game and checking against some calcs, is the best I can suggest, if it's not been confirmed anywhere.

However,

Number 1: It really depends on what sort of set you want to run; if you want some all out bulk, and EV accordingly, then Coil will work well; he has access to Extremespeed and Dragon Tail, and a few other moves that fit well on a bulky set. However, just be careful in that you basically need to be able to force a switch to set up Coil and sweep with it, for lack of reliable recovery; if you can get a DD off, then you'll outspeed (and therefore threaten) a whole lot more, which can make a bulky EV spread and nature all the more threatening too. Don't despair at his nature; a specially-defensive EV spread on Zygarde might be viable, considering he's already got reasonable HP and great defence.

EDIT: I'm going to add a question of my own - is there a place for early-look 6th-gen teams to be posted up? I've not found it yet, and I've not seen more than one or two here, but I'm keen to see what people are using and to post mine up too.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
can hidden power be a fairy type?
No.
Question-Has anyone tried to breed Grassy Terrain onto Gogoat?
According to Gogoat's research thread, no; you're welcome to try and post your findings there!
Whats the line to get morning sun arc
That depends on what "arc" is. If you're talking about Arcanine, Espeon or Smeargle should do the trick.
It's been a long time since I've played or posted anything to this site but XY has brought me back!
The other night, I received a male Pichu with Volt Tackle and I am wondering how to breed that move through. I assume I have to evolve it to Pikachu first? Also, does anyone have tips on raising happiness quickly so I don't end up with like a level 24 Pichu before it evolves?
Volt Tackle is a bit odd - to pass on Volt Tackle, you must breed a Pikachu or Raichu that is holding Light Ball. Wild Pikachu can occasionally hold Light Ball, and your chances of finding a Pikachu holding Light Ball will go up slightly if your lead Pokemon has the ability Compoundeyes.

As far as evolving Pichu goes, try giving it a Soothe Bell, using any spare vitamins on it (with horde training and Super Training you don't really need them anyway), and taking it to the guy who gives massages, wherever he is...
Hmm...so my aggron is struggling right now a bit. Chesnaught hammer arm is OHKOing it, and so is Mega Mewtwo X aura sphere. Any advice on items? It has a quick claw right now, but I wonder if focus sash is better off.
Why are you using Aggron, a Steel/Rock type, against Pokemon that are using Fighting-type moves on it? (Also Quick Claw sucks)
Coil looks better with the nature.
Yes.

Well when its your last pokemon its not like you have a choice is it ^^. Would be nice if having aggron last wasn't a guaranteed loss against such pokemon.

Volt Tackle is a bit odd - to pass on Volt Tackle, you must breed a Pikachu or Raichu that is holding Light Ball. Wild Pikachu can occasionally hold Light Ball, and your chances of finding a Pikachu holding Light Ball will go up slightly if your lead Pokemon has the ability Compoundeyes.
Can you just use compound eyes and thief, and just avoid catching it? Its what I do with Heart Scales.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)