Other Inverse Battles

Status
Not open for further replies.

For those who have yet to battle Psychic Inver in the house near Terminus Cave, Inverse Battles are only found in that house, with only that single Trainer. Simply put, here's the rundown.

*NVE moves are now SE and vice versa.
*Stealth Rock is also inverted.
*Immunities are now treated as SE attacks.

But to me, it brings up something that should be addressed. Will we ever see an Inverse Metagame in Smogon, whether it's official or not? Will PS! take up the idea of the Inverse Battle as well and use it?

Furthermore, what Pokemon, old and new, would benefit the most from this strange type of Battle?

Last edited:
Bug types hit seven types super effectively and are resisted by two types.

Volcarona and Yanmega will wreck your shit with that 4x Stealth Rock resistance.

Grass types get fantastic coverage too.

I don't think the same immunities exist, if that's what you mean by "immunities still exist as normal." I killed his Shedinja with a Quick Attack.

I love this mode, the only grip I have is that immunities are gone, as there are no super duper effectiveness to convert to immunities when inversed.

Heracross becomes a boss in the face of anything that isn't pure Dark. Luckily, Shadow Claw and Night Slash does well against them.

Steel becomes ice type, and ice becomes steel. I don't think anyone saw that coming this gen, even in a separate meta. This would be amazing to see as a widely played offical format; the good pokes become bad, and vice-versa.

-Normal is unresisted and gets 3 SEs
-Bug gets 7 SEs
-Grass also gets 7 SEs
-Fighting goes from good to better, gaining an SE and nothing is immune
-Dragon improves offensively but gains weaknesses
-Ice is actually a good defensive type

-Poison is weird, good ofeensively but bad defensively
-Psychic barely moves
-Dark too
-Rock becomes a little better defensively but loses some power, Stealth Rock nerfed. Normal weakness is also a death sentence now.
-Electric gets much more SE power but also much more weaknesses

-Flying gets more weaknesses including the Bug and Grass which are killer now
-Steel is weak to almost everything, including Normal Grass Bug
-Fire is weak to everything else
-Ghost gains nothing but weaknesses
-So does Fairy
-And Water
-Ground loses both offensively and defensively but earns a niche in being able to take out Grass and Bug types

tl;dr Normal Grass and Bug become the gods of offense with Fighting not far behind. Steel is super shitty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)