Other Inverse Battles

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea I would love to see that. Scrappy is useless now so your exploud would be running it anyway. Both explouds locked into choice specs boomburst unable to kill each other, and cant switch out because you immediately die. dat metagame

Ghost types might end up strong due to being SE on normals. Although weakness to QA/xspeed hurt.
Ghost Pokemon are bad, but Ghost attacks might be the only thing that can put a stop to Normal.

Abomasnow might just be a useful mon.
It has decent bulk with 6 resistances including Bug and Fighting (though four weaknesses).
Frost Breath/Energy Ball hits 9 types super effectively and together are only resisted by Ground. It gets Shadow Ball to help check Normal types. It has a healing move in Synthesis (if you aren't using Snow Warning) and can also use Giga Drain. It can go mixed. It can use Growth with sun support.

Gallade might be good too. It's Fighting, which is a plus, and it has Shadow Sneak to Revenge Normal types.

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Grass-types hit a whopping 7 types super effectively (even more than Fighitng regularly!), and gets fantastic coverage with Sludge Bomb to hit Rock- and Ground-types. Most Grass-types however do not know Fire, Ice, Water and Steel moves naturally outside of Hidden Power, though.

Now that I look at it...Grass STAB, Sludge Bomb, Hidden Power Fire...is the exact same kind of moveset we'll find on a special Chlorophyll sweeper >.>

I don't see any reason why we shouldn't have an inverse battles metagame on Showdown. Inverse Battles are one of the most fun things in X and Y, and I don't see any reason why we shouldn't expand on them. Also, Sky Battles would be nice to have too, because it would be an entirely different metagame with the restrictions Sky Battles create. For example, Claydol and Cryogonal are the only spinners, so there would be a lot of SR, but everything is immune to Spikes, Toxic Spikes, and Sticky Web, so must teams probably wouldn't even run one, just a defogger for SR.

Now that I look at it...Grass STAB, Sludge Bomb, Hidden Power Fire...is the exact same kind of moveset we'll find on a special Chlorophyll sweeper >.>
What do you need HP Fire for? Poison and Grass already have almost perfect Neutral Coverage (certain Faries and Sap Sippers excepted), and Fire doesn't really hit anything SE they don't already except Water. I could actually see Poison/Grass STAB being used without any coverage, eg Venusaur with
-Solarbeam/Energy Ball
-Sludge Bomb
-Synthesis/Sunny Day/Growth
-Synthesis/Sunny Day/Growth

Azumarill is a threat though.

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
I guess Hidden Power could be dropped if Water-types aren't huge concerns...but they kinda are, considering they're the only type not to get massacred by Grass + Poison and can retaliate with super effective Water STAB (trying to keep a straight face, Inverse is too hilarious), so it'd be good to have a way to handle them. Sleep Powder is an option since Grass-types now threaten each other.

I guess Hidden Power could be dropped if Water-types aren't huge concerns...but they kinda are, considering they're the only type not to get massacred by Grass + Poison and can retaliate with super effective Water STAB (trying to keep a straight face, Inverse is too hilarious), so it'd be good to have a way to handle them. Sleep Powder is an option since Grass-types now threaten each other.
Your STABs hit most of them harder than Hidden Power outside of Sun though, and under the Sun Water attacks are no longer a threat.
I'm also unsure if Water will see nearly as much use when they have twice as many weaknesses as resistances. Then again, some of their weaknesses are also to highly nerfed types... Yeah, upon that realisation they may remain threatening after all, since beating Grass is pretty good.

edit: in fact, unless I'm missing something, the only Water Pokemon that takes more damage from Hidden Power Fire than it does from STAB Energy Ball/Sludge Bomb is Azumarill.
The only other Pokemon that resists both STABs is Sawsbuck.
Or maybe a fairy that I've forgotten.
edit: oh lol Carbink

Last edited:
Avalugg is so goddamn great in this setting.

Ice + Steel (Gyro Ball) has almost perfect coverage being only resisted by Fairy, Avalugg also gets Crunch, which is SE on fairies.
Ice as a defensive typing is fantastic
It has access to Recover and Rapid Spin

Avalugg for Inverse OU.

Abomasnow might just be a useful mon.
It has decent bulk with 6 resistances including Bug and Fighting (though four weaknesses).
Frost Breath/Energy Ball hits 9 types super effectively and together are only resisted by Ground. It gets Shadow Ball to help check Normal types. It has a healing move in Synthesis (if you aren't using Snow Warning) and can also use Giga Drain. It can go mixed. It can use Growth with sun support.
Because of Boomburst you'll probably want Soundproof. Plus, it quad resists the type that gets boosted by sun (and is weak to the type that's hindered), so we'd have a sun-sweeping Abomasnow if it wasn't for the weather nerf.

Fairy takes neutral damage from Ice, so only Togekiss and Whimsicott resist them both.

Also, the actual new Ice types are Sableye and Spiritomb, who have exactly one resistance and four weaknesses.

Avalugg is so goddamn great in this setting.

Ice + Steel (Gyro Ball) has almost perfect coverage being only resisted by Fairy, Avalugg also gets Crunch, which is SE on fairies.
Ice as a defensive typing is fantastic
It has access to Recover and Rapid Spin

Avalugg for Inverse OU.
Isn't Ice neutral on Fairy?

There's one problem with fighting who are pure, Freaking SR.
Loving this though. Hilarious thing is I think Boomburst is still unconfirmed for being blocked by soundproof... I just checked it is.
Holy god, what blocks Exploud.

Oh geez reading this makes my head hurt. I swear, if this becomes I thing I will still be trying to hit moves that would normally be super effective.

What would be better in this meta anyway? Cyrogonal to spin Toxic/Spikes away or Avalugg just because he's so freakin godlike with 184 Defense?

I have made a complete list of all Steel types that might be viable in this equivalent's OU:

-Mega Lucario
-Dialga
-Arceus-S

And I'm not sure about the last two.

(It would be incredibly strange to have an Aerceus in UU, and yet I can see it happening.)

I have made a complete list of all Steel types that might be viable in this equivalent's OU:

-Mega Lucario
-Dialga
-Arceus-S

And I'm not sure about the last two.

(It would be incredibly strange to have an Aerceus in UU, and yet I can see it happening.)
It has e-speed, so i think its fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)