Wobbuffet | #202

[BW2 Smogon | Serebii | Bulbapedia]​

--------------------------------
QC Approvals: [ShootingStarmie] | [BKC / Snunch] | [Ginganinja]
GP Checks: [piikachuu]
--------------------------------

[Pros]

<ul>
<li>Wobbuffet messes up Choice-locked attackers, making it great for balanced teams.</li>
<li>It has an amazing HP stat to use with the fabled CounterCoat combo.</li>
<li>Wobbuffet is a nice fail-safe Pokemon which can ruin sweeping attempts.</li>
<li>Encore and Shadow Tag are a deadly combination which give nice set up opportunities.</li>
</ul>

[Cons]

<ul>
<li>It is reliant on guesswork at times.</li>
<li>Wobbuffet has an awful Speed stat.</li>
<li>Taunt can be a large issue for Wobbuffet as it stops the use of its two status moves.</li>
<li>A lack of reliable recovery makes it reliant on teammates with Wish to heal.</li>
</ul>

[Set Recommendations]

<p>name: Bulky<br />
move 1: Encore<br />
move 2: Mirror Coat<br />
move 3: Counter<br />
move 4: Safeguard<br />
ability: Ability: Shadow Tag<br />
item: Leftovers<br />
evs: EVs: 28 HP / 228 Def / 252 SpD<br />
nature: Calm / Bold</p>

<p>This is Wobbuffet's notorious set which was deemed so broken that it barely saw the light of OU in the DPP era. The premise is simple: Wobbuffet utilizes its absurd HP stat in conjunction with its unique access to Encore, Counter, Mirror Coat, and Shadow Tag, allowing it to punish all Choice-locked attackers and force the opponent into numerous sticky situations. As a result, Wobbuffet is is most well suited to balanced teams. Encore is an invaluable move which not only makes it so that Wobbuffet risks fewer mind games with mixed attackers, but also gives amazing set up opportunities to teammates.</p>

<p>While Wobbuffet will generally only intend to trap Choiced or all-out attackers, it can also place a burden on users of status moves by making said moves a liability through the use of Encore. This unparalleled ability to lock Pokemon into a specific move without the ability to switch out through normal moves is what makes Wobbuffet so useful. Safeguard prevents Wobbuffet from getting crippled by status and allows it to bring in teammates unscathed.</p>

<p>The EV spread utilizes Wobbuffet's titanic HP stat and maximizes its bulk on both the physical and special side. With 28 EVs in HP Wobbuffet also hits a Leftovers number, granting it a slightly larger amount of recovery per turn. A Calm nature is generally the preferred option to help Wobbuffet take hits from the special side; however, Bold is a valid option if it suits the team's needs to a more effective extent, as it allows Wobbuffet to take a larger range of physical attackers more comfortably.</p>

<p>While Wobbuffet is generally a Pokemon that serves to support rather than be supported itself, there are some Pokemon which pair well with it. Namely, Togekiss and Sylveon are both excellent for providing Wish support which Wobbuffet greatly enjoys. On the more offensive side, there are a myriad of set up sweepers which appreciate Wobbuffet's Encore support to help them set up. Ergo, Pokemon such as Dragonite or Volcarona, that can reliably boost their stats, are ideal partners.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Wobbuffet has no counters, given the complete definition of one. There are some exceptions to this rule, however, such as Pokemon that can switch out through alternate means. This includes users of Volt Switch or U-turn, or Pokemon that Wobbuffet can't properly trap due to them having an immunity to Shadow Tag. Dark-type Pokemon that can hit Wobbuffet on the special side or Ghost-types that can hit Wobbuffet physically also pose a large issue. This is due to their insusceptibility to Mirror Coat and Counter, respectively. However, these Pokemon are usually considered to be checks as they can't normally switch in.</p>

<p>There are numerous other countermeasures to Wobbuffet as well. A notable example of this is Pokemon with enough power to outright KO or severely damage Wobbuffet. For instance, attacks such as Choice Band Scizor's U-turn or Volcarona's boosted Bug Buzz possess the power to knock out Wobbuffet. Scizor and Tyranitar are also capable of ensuring that a weakened Wobbuffet cannot escape by trapping it with Pursuit. Moreover, Pokemon that have Magic Bounce or Taunt can mess up Wobbuffet's plans by making it unable to use Encore.</p>

---------------

Side note: This is my first analysis so it's obviously not perfect yet. I didn't want to write too much considering it's only a work in progress and I'll revamp this as the process continues.

other dumb notes:
- need to mention more 6th gen stuff
- where does custapbond deserve to be slashed? primarily? should i keep it on the main set?
- mention other cool teammates because the ones i listed are pretty uncreative
- feel free to comment on the sets or w/e

<p>This is Wobbuffet's notorious set which was deemed so broken it barely saw the light of OU in the DPP era. The premise is simple: Wobbuffet utilizes its absurd HP stat in conjunction with its unique access to Counter, Mirror Coat and Shadow Tag, allowing it to punish all Choiced attackers and force the opponent into numerous sticky situations. Encore is an invaluable move which not only makes it so that Wobbuffet risks running less mind-games with mixed attackers, but also gives amazing set-up opportunities to teammates.

<p>While Wobbuffet will generally only intend to trap Choiced- or All-Out Attackers, it can also place a burden onto users of Status moves by making said moves a liability through the use of Encore. This unparalled ability to lock Pokemon into a specific move without the ability to switch out through normal moves is what makes Wobbuffet so useful. For instance, by locking opposing Pokemon into a move such as Recover or Toxic, free turns are gained in the form of the opponent either having to switch out or stay in using a futile move. Safeguard and Destiny Bond are both usable moves, while the latter is best paired with a Custap Berry. This alternate item allows Wobbuffet to fire off speedy Destiny Bonds before deaths in order to chain kills. </p>

<p>The EV spread chosen depends on whether you prefer to run a Custap Berry or Leftovers. When using the latter, the above EV spread will maximize Wobbuffet's bulk on each end of the spectrum. However, if using Leftovers, an EV spread of 28 HP / 232 Def / / 248 SpDef is ideal as it allows Wobbuffet to hit a Leftovers number. In terms of natures, Wobbuffet can usually rely on Bold to take on the more common physical attacks; however, Calm is an option if it suits the team's needs to a more effective extent. </p>

<p>While Wobbuffet is generally a Pokemon that serves to support rather than be supported itself, there are some Pokemon which pair well with it. Namely, Chansey and Blissey are both excellent for providing Wish support which Wobbuffet loves. On the more offensive side, there are a myriad of set-up sweepers which appreciate Wobbuffet's Encore support to set up. Ergo, Pokemon such as Dragonite that can reliably boost their stats are ideal partners.</p>

<p>Wobbuffet can also be a useful user of the move Tickle. Due to its access to the rare and extremely powerful ability in Shadow Tag, it can effectively reduce Pokemon that are reliant on status moves to dust by making their defense stat plummet. This set can work very similar to Wobbuffet's bulky set; albeit, it sacrifices its former bulk for more utility and taking on an extra role. Another distinct difference between the sets is that this one is usually used more aggressively and requires an element of prediction. While it may seem pointless to use Tickle on something that can't attack at first glance, the idea of the set is to use it in tandem with another Pokemon that can eliminate the walls it catches with Tickle.</p>

<p>180 Speed EVs are vital on this set as they allow Wobbuffet to outrun slow walls such as Chansey, Blissey and Ferrothorn. This allows Wobbuffet to lock the walls into Status moves that serve no purpose in defeating Wobbuffet, ensuring that it isn't hurt into the process of neutering the wall. Extra speed EVs are optional along side a Timid nature, however the few Pokemon it outspeeds with more investment aren't usually worth the trade-off of bulk. </p>

<p>This set clearly relies on support in order to function properly. As mentioned, this Wobbuffet must be used with another Pokemon that can trap the walls and finish them off themselves. For instance, users of Pursuit such as Tyranitar or Scizor can make excellent use of the virtually non-existent defense stat to eliminate a wall. Other Pokemon that can benefit from Wobbuffet using Tickle are other Pokemon that can trap and eliminate a target such as Dugtrio. Support is also appreciated from Pokemon that can get rid of hazards such as Forretress. </p>

<p>Given the definition of a counter, Wobbuffet doesn't have any per se. There are some exceptions to this rule, however, such as Pokemon that can switch out through alternate means, including using Volt Switch or U-turn, or Pokemon that Wobbuffet can't properly trap due to them having an immunity to Shadow Tag. Dark-type Pokemon that can hit Wobbuffet on the special side or Ghost-types that can hit Wobbuffet physically also pose a large issue. This is due to their insusceptibility to either Mirror Coat or Counter, respectively. However, these Pokemon are considered to be checks as they can't normally switch in.

<p>There are numerous other countermeasures to Wobbuffet as well. A notable example of this is the Pokemon with enough power to outright KO or severely damage Wobbuffet. For instance, attacks such as Choice Band Scizor's U-turn or Volcarona's boosted Bug Buzz possess the power to knock out Wobbuffet. Scizor and Tyranitar are also notorious for ensuring that a weakened Wobbuffet cannot escape by trapping it with Pursuit. Moreover, Pokemon that have Magic Bounce or Taunt can mess up Wobbuffet's plans by making it unable to use the essential Encore.</p>

<p>Wobbuffet @ Leftovers<br />
Ability: Shadow Tag<br />
EVs: 180 Def / 76 SpD / 252 Spe<br />
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)<br />
- Encore<br />
- Tickle<br />
- Mirror Coat<br />
- Counter</p>

<p>Tickle Wobbuffet is a high-reward, high-risk set which encourages aggressive play, juxtaposing the conservative bulky set. While the CounterCoat combination appears in this set, it takes a lower priority for Tickle and Encore. Tickle aims to dismantle walls with team support after using Encore makes them unable to use their desired move. Similarly to the bulky variant, this set can still carry the role of finishing off Choice-locked attackers, despite its lowered ability to take repeated hits. Encore can serve a double purpose of deterring set-up sweepers as they will fear getting locked into a set-up move.</p>

<p>Maximum Speed investment ensures that Wobbuffet, even if it is speed crept, will outspeed as many walls as it possibly can. Notably, Pokemon such as Hippowdon, Quagsire, Chansey, and Sylveon will fall victim to this set's frustrating abilities. The remaining EVs are then placed into Wobbuffet's bulk so that it can withstand attacks more easily from both attackers and walls. Leftovers are extremely important on the set as they allow Wobbuffet to ignore sandstorm damage and give Wobbuffet a means of residual recovery.</p>

<p>One major distinction between this set and bulky one is that this one has a great need for team support. A teammate to dispose of weakened walls, such as Dugtrio or a Pursuit trapper, is mandatory to ensure that Tickle doesn't go to waste. Pursuit trappers best come in the form of Tyranitar or Scizor, both of which are backed up by high Attack stats. This set can also be a great asset to stall teams as it alleviates any issues of beating opposing stall teams. Most stall teams also carry a method of removing Toxic Spikes, which would otherwise plague this set. Contrastingly, offensive teams can also find great use of this Wobbuffet set due to its ability to dispose of walls and Choice Scarf users.</p>

Last edited:
Perhaps make note in check and counters that Pursuit Pokemon like Scizor and Tyranitar can trap and kill a weakened Wobb to prevent any further trapping shenanigans.

Oh also make note that Wob can switch away from Shadow Tag its self because 2 Shadow Tags negate each other, so Wob cannot be trapped by Mega-Gengar.

In addition to what IloveslakingIGN said, the first set should have destiny bond / custap as first slashes, because fast and strong pokemon are more relevant than status for wobbuffet.

The second set should use max speed jolly to outspeed every single wall it possibly can, including those that speed creep. It just barely outspeeds 0 speed 70s with max. It's meant to be used to take out slower walls, not to take hits, so it fails its role if it is outsped.

This looks pretty good though, good job.

lab report ᐛ
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
you have encore listed twice on the first set
Whoops. That's embarrassing! It was supposed to be Counter the second time. Fixed, thank-you!

Added in Pursuit trappers such as Scizor / Tyranitar to the C&C list. I already mentioned Shadow Tag somewhat in there as well but I can also refine that. Thank-you!

In addition to what IloveslakingIGN said, the first set should have destiny bond / custap as first slashes, because fast and strong pokemon are more relevant than status for wobbuffet.

The second set should use max speed jolly to outspeed every single wall it possibly can, including those that speed creep. It just barely outspeeds 0 speed 70s with max. It's meant to be used to take out slower walls, not to take hits, so it fails its role if it is outsped.

This looks pretty good though, good job.
I made Destiny Bond / Custap Berry the first slash. I intended to do so originally but in gen 5 we had no mention of the set at all for some reason. I'm not certain about running max speed on Wobbuffet as there's not really much that it can outspeed when running max investment. The only thing I can see that is relevant would be Jellicent but in a lot of scenarios they run some speed (around 44 I think?) so that they have a quicker taunt. If you could provide other instances of where max speed could be useful I'll definitely implement that change as well. Thanks Snunch!

I'm not certain about running max speed on Wobbuffet as there's not really much that it can outspeed when running max investment. The only thing I can see that is relevant would be Jellicent but in a lot of scenarios they run some speed (around 44 I think?) so that they have a quicker taunt. If you could provide other instances of where max speed could be useful I'll definitely implement that change as well. Thanks Snunch!
Jolly wobb hits 181 speed. Jellicent would need 104 EVs to reach 182, which nobody will ever use.

You outspeed base 70s with max speed, but the point of max speed isn't to reach a specific benchmark. It's to ensure that no matter how much you're speed crept, you'll outspeed what you want to outspeed. In practice, every wall is going to speed creep, including Blissey, Jellicent, and Sylveon. The reason you'd use this specific wobbuffet set is to make sure that these pokemon are taken out as quickly as possible, so you need to ensure that you outrun as many versions of these walls as you possibly can. It won't have the bulk no matter what to act like the other wobbuffet set, might as well make it as effective as it can be for the purpose you're giving it.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Your first set should look like:

EVs: 28 HP / 228 Def / 252 SpD<br />
Calm / Bold Nature<br />
- Encore<br />
- Mirror Coat<br />
- Counter<br />
- Safeguard</p>

I'd mention Custap + Destiny Bond in the paragraphs following the set. Wobbuffet's jobs are Encoring for setup opportunities, revenge killing revenge killers, and then possibly doing Custap Destiny Bond. The first two are most important, the last one is optional. With Leftovers and Safeguard, you maximise Wobb's potential to do so. The EVs have also been changed.

lab report ᐛ
I'm going to be honest and say I barely find a use of Safeguard. It feels like a really situational move and the massive amount of Pokemon that can toxic/cripple Wobbuffet are going to outspeed it anyway. The only place it finds use is using it with Encore to get in a teammate with an immunity to said a move; albeit, I still find CustapBond more useful than Safeguard. I'll allow other QC members to weigh in their opinions on the bulky set as well. Thanks for the new EV spread, shrang.

Also, regarding the TickleFet set: I'm not as experienced with the speedy Wobbuffet as I am with the bulky one so I don't want to declare any amazing EV spreads for it. Assuming I go max speed as Snunch suggested, where should I place the other EVs?

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The only place it finds use is using it with Encore to get in a teammate with an immunity to said a move
Yes, this is the point. Say for example your opponent knows that they're trapped with Wobbuffet, so instead they decide to spam Thunder Wave as you Encore it. It's not like you can just easily bring in a sweeper to try and set up because you'll be paralysed and useless (unless of course you're bringing in an Electric or Ground type, but what if you don't have one of those left). Instead, you can just turn Thunder Wave into a useless move by using Safeguard to safely bring in your set up sweeper.

lab report ᐛ
Alright. So one QC member would like Safeguard slashed first and the other Destiny Bond. Which would you like me to pick from? I'm not really fussed either way. I can also edit/move the paragraphs into dot points so this can get properly QC checked (they were only a draft write-up).

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
So we've talked a little in PM and I think Destiny Bond should be the main slash for Wob. Safeguard should be AC, but please mention that if you choose Safeguard that Leftovers should be used. Other than that, this looks fine.

Awesome job so far man.

QC APPROVED 1/3

lab report ᐛ
I checked on multiple websites and all of them say that the Custap Berry is available in XY. If you can disprove this feel free to.

lab report ᐛ
Thanks for the QC check, BKC. It's a bit late now (almost midnight) so I'll write this up and have it ready for GP tomorrow night.

lab report ᐛ
After doing quite a bit of research I've found that the Custap Berry is currently completely unreleased, contrary to what websites originally mentioned when I first looked at it. This is quite disappointing as I thought that it was an excellent set. If I could receive another QC check now that I've had to change the sets that'd be appreciated. I apologize for the inconvenience.

The first set looks fine, but you still haven't increased the speed in the second set like I asked. You should be using 252 Jolly. I'll approve when you change that.

lab report ᐛ
The first set looks fine, but you still haven't increased the speed in the second set like I asked. You should be using 252 Jolly. I'll approve when you change that.
I don't want to get my personal preference in the way of the set's best EV spread so I'll trust your wisdom on it - max speed it is. Where do you want me to invest the rest of the EVs? All in Defense or split up between each Defense stat?

After I apply that EV spread into the main post, may I write it up?

Thanks Labyrinthe. 180 def / 76 spdef sounds fine. You can write up after you change the EVs because I'll approve it, giving you QC 2/3.

lab report ᐛ
gfdi. Some Q&A thing said that Tickle could be passed on from an Aipom to a Wynaut baby and apparently that doesn't even work. I guess I'll have to scrap another set. Thank you, Ultimario.

amcheck
additions
subtractions

comments

[Pros]

<ul>
<li>Wobbuffet messes up Choice-locked attackers, making it great for balanced teams.</li>
<li>Wobbuffet is a nice fail-safe Pokemon which can ruin sweeping attempts.</li>
<li>Encore and Shadow Tag are a deadly combination which give nice set-(RH)up opportunities.</li>
</ul>

[Cons]

<ul>
<li>Wobbuffet has an awful sSpeed stat.</li>
<li>Taunt can be a large issue for Wobbuffet as it stops the use of its two status moves.</li>
<li>A lack of proper reliable recovery makes it reliant on teammates with Wish to heal.</li>
(remove line break)
</ul>

[Set Recommendations]

Calm / Bold Nature<br />
- Encore<br />
- Mirror Coat<br />
- Counter<br />
- Safeguard</p>

<p>This is Wobbuffet's notorious set which was deemed so broken that it barely saw the light of OU in the DPP era. The premise is simple: Wobbuffet utilizes its absurd HP stat in conjunction with its unique access to Counter, Mirror Coat,(AC) and Shadow Tag, allowing it to punish all Choice-locked attackers and force the opponent into numerous sticky situations. As a result, Wobbuffet is is most well suited to balanced teams. Encore is an invaluable move which not only makes it so that Wobbuffet risks running less mind-(RH)games with mixed attackers, but also gives amazing set-(RH)up opportunities to teammates.</p>

<p>While Wobbuffet will generally only intend to trap Choiced- choiced or All-Out A all-out attackers, it can also place a burden onto users of Sstatus moves by making said moves a liability through the use of Encore. This unparalleled ability to lock Pokemon into a specific move without the ability to switch out through normal moves is what makes Wobbuffet so useful. Safeguard prevents Wobbuffet from getting crippled by status and allows it to bring in teammates unscathed.</p>

<p>The EV spread compensates for Wobbuffet's titanic HP stat and maximizes its bulk on both the physical and special side. With 28 EVs in HP Wobbuffet also hits a Leftovers number, granting it a slightly larger amount of recovery per turn. A Calm nature is generally the preferred option to help Wobbuffet take hits from the special side; however, Bold is a valid option if it suits the team's needs to a more effective extent or if allowing ,as it allows Wobbuffet to take on a larger range of physical attackers more comfortably is preferred.</p>

<p>While Wobbuffet is generally a Pokemon that serves to support rather than be supported itself, there are some Pokemon which pair well with it. Namely, Chansey and Blissey are both excellent for providing Wish support which Wobbuffet greatly enjoys. On the more offensive side, there are a myriad of set-(RH)up sweepers which appreciate Wobbuffet's Encore support to help them set up. Ergo, Pokemon such as Dragonite or Volcarona, that can reliably boost their stats, are ideal partners.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Wobbuffet has no counters, given the complete definition of one. There are some exceptions to this rule, however, such as Pokemon that can switch out through alternate means. This includes users of Volt Switch or U-turn, or Pokemon that Wobbuffet can't properly trap due to them having an immunity to Shadow Tag. Dark-type Pokemon that can hit Wobbuffet on the special side or Ghost-types that can hit Wobbuffet physically also pose a large issue. This is due to their insusceptibility to either Mirror Coat or Counter, respectively. However, these Pokemon are usually considered to be checks as they can't normally switch in.</p>

<p>There are numerous other countermeasures to Wobbuffet as well. A notable example of this is the Pokemon with enough power to outright KO or severely damage Wobbuffet. For instance, attacks such as Choice Band Scizor's U-turn or Volcarona's boosted Bug Buzz possess the power to knock out Wobbuffet. Scizor and Tyranitar are also notorious(not the right word here, rephrase as you like) for ensuring that a weakened Wobbuffet cannot escape by trapping it with Pursuit. Moreover, Pokemon that have Magic Bounce or Taunt can mess up Wobbuffet's plans by making it unable to use the essential Encore.</p>

^_^
There was some quite obvious stuff you missed out on, I'd recommend reading it over again n_n

Kingler12345's check looks good, so i'll go over it with my additions and removals and comments

[Pros]

<ul>
<li>Encore and Shadow Tag are a deadly combination which give nice set-(RH)up opportunities.</li>
</ul>

[Cons]

<ul>
<li>Wobbuffet has an awful sSpeed stat.</li>
<li>A lack of proper reliable recovery makes it reliant on teammates with Wish to heal.</li>
(remove line break)
</ul>

[Set Recommendations]

Calm (+SpD, -Atk) / Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)<br />
- Encore<br />
- Mirror Coat<br />
- Counter<br />
- Safeguard</p>

<p>This is Wobbuffet's notorious set which was deemed so broken that it barely saw the light of OU in the DPP era. The premise is simple: Wobbuffet utilizes its absurd HP stat in conjunction with its unique access to Encore, (i felt like this had to be mentioned since it's so important) Counter, Mirror Coat,(AC) and Shadow Tag, allowing it to punish all Choice-locked attackers and force the opponent into numerous sticky situations. As a result, Wobbuffet is is most well suited to balanced teams. Encore is an invaluable move which not only makes it so that Wobbuffet risks running less fewer mind-(RH)games with mixed attackers, but also gives amazing set-(RH)up opportunities to teammates.</p>

<p>While Wobbuffet will generally only intend to trap Choiced- Choiced or All-Out A all-out attackers, it can also place a burden onto users of Sstatus moves by making said moves a liability through the use of Encore. This unparalleled ability to lock Pokemon into a specific move without the ability to switch out through normal moves is what makes Wobbuffet so useful. Safeguard prevents Wobbuffet from getting crippled by status and allows it to bring in teammates unscathed.</p>

<p>The EV spread compensates for utilizes (compensate means to make up for, which isn't something you're doing with its hp stat) Wobbuffet's titanic HP stat and maximizes its bulk on both the physical and special side. With 28 EVs in HP Wobbuffet also hits a Leftovers number, granting it a slightly larger amount of recovery per turn. A Calm nature is generally the preferred option to help Wobbuffet take hits from the special side; however, Bold is a valid option if it suits the team's needs to a more effective extent or if allowing , as it allows Wobbuffet to take on a larger range of physical attackers more comfortably is preferred.</p>

<p>While Wobbuffet is generally a Pokemon that serves to support rather than be supported itself, there are some Pokemon which pair well with it. Namely, Chansey and Blissey are both excellent for providing Wish support which Wobbuffet greatly enjoys. On the more offensive side, there are a myriad of set-(RH)up sweepers which appreciate Wobbuffet's Encore support to help them set up. Ergo, Pokemon such as Dragonite or Volcarona, that can reliably boost their stats, are ideal partners.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Wobbuffet has no counters, given the complete definition of one. There are some exceptions to this rule, however, such as Pokemon that can switch out through alternate means. This includes users of Volt Switch or U-turn, or Pokemon that Wobbuffet can't properly trap due to them having an immunity to Shadow Tag. Dark-type Pokemon that can hit Wobbuffet on the special side or Ghost-types that can hit Wobbuffet physically also pose a large issue. This is due to their insusceptibility to either Mirror Coat or and Counter, respectively. However, these Pokemon are usually considered to be checks as they can't normally switch in.</p>

<p>There are numerous other countermeasures to Wobbuffet as well. A notable example of this is the Pokemon with enough power to outright KO or severely damage Wobbuffet. For instance, attacks such as Choice Band Scizor's U-turn or Volcarona's boosted Bug Buzz possess the power to knock out Wobbuffet. Scizor and Tyranitar are also notorious for capable of ensuring that a weakened Wobbuffet cannot escape by trapping it with Pursuit. Moreover, Pokemon that have Magic Bounce or Taunt can mess up Wobbuffet's plans by making it unable to use the essential Encore.</p>

gp 1/1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)