drugs (we're gonna get hi, hi, hi)

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I tried drugs but it didn't have the wanted effect.

I tried weed twice and I hated it each time, I didn't feel "high" or anything, just my lungs in pain and belly-ache, nothing fun here :(. Maybe that's because I don't normally smoke though.
weed is hard to inhale properly. the harshness of the smoke makes it hard for new smokers to draw deeply into the lungs and absorb the active chemicals. also, some users report needing a few attempts to really feel the effects of weed even with proper inhaling. not sure why this is, but it happens.

I tried ecstasy (I admit I needed the auto-corrector to find the right spelling, just to tell you how nooby I am with drugs lol :p) and again instead of being joyful or whatever, I was depressed and ended crying all the time, ruining the party for me and my friends :(.
this is pretty unusual. a variety of factors here:
1. "ecstacy" as sold on the street / at concerts can be any variety or combination of any number of drugs. this makes it pretty unsafe! ideally, you get a substance called MDMA which is fairly safe, euphoric, lovey, and positive. however, you could have ended up with a number of other substances ranging from stimulants to psychedelics.
2. are you on any medications? some medications block the effects of MDMA and similar chemicals.

either way, you're not abnormal. drugs do drastically different things to different people. there may be ways to produce the desired effects out of these drugs for you but don't feel pressure to explore again if you don't want to.

weed is hard to inhale properly. the harshness of the smoke makes it hard for new smokers to draw deeply into the lungs and absorb the active chemicals. also, some users report needing a few attempts to really feel the effects of weed even with proper inhaling. not sure why this is, but it happens.

this is pretty unusual. a variety of factors here:
1. "ecstacy" as sold on the street / at concerts can be any variety or combination of any number of drugs. this makes it pretty unsafe! ideally, you get a substance called MDMA which is fairly safe, euphoric, lovey, and positive. however, you could have ended up with a number of other substances ranging from stimulants to psychedelics.
2. are you on any medications? some medications block the effects of MDMA and similar chemicals.

either way, you're not abnormal. drugs do drastically different things to different people. there may be ways to produce the desired effects out of these drugs for you but don't feel pressure to explore again if you don't want to.
Thanks for your input

Weed : That's probably it, smoking seems to do more harm than good to me so I decided to never try again anyway.

1. It was pure ecstacy, my friends who introduced me to it were aware that the products sold in the street/concerts have a combination of other products and it's less good.

2.I wasn't on any medications at that time. I'm now on so I know I want try again for a good time. Maybe if one day I feel better...

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Eh, it doesn't sound like pure mdma based on my personal experiences. Even if you are abnormal, I wouldn't trust a friend's source even if they know about buying drugs. And be aware that 'friends' to try to reassure first-timers by saying they know how to buy drugs, even if it isn't true, possible placebo affect can't hurt before a trip, or w.e. As someone who tries hard to buy good, pure 'mdma' there is no way to ever know unless you test a sample (my area is sketch).

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
i have an expensive oil rig with a ti pad as well as dome/nail, i use a propane torch to heat and a glass rod to dab

cim

so presumably many of you have lives, go to college, do cool stuff

how the fuck do you find the time to trip

especially LSD, that shit takes forever

i'd like to trip again buuuuuut

the harshness of the smoke makes it hard for new smokers to draw deeply into the lungs and absorb the active chemicals.
Weed smoke isn't harsh... I mean, not unless you're a bitch. I have asthma and even when I first started it was never harsh. Cigarettes on the other hand aren't as friendly for me.

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

i make my schedule so all my classes are on tuesday and thursday so i have 5 days off every week to trip at my leisure

cim

Weed smoke isn't harsh... I mean, not unless you're a bitch. I have asthma and even when I first started it was never harsh. Cigarettes on the other hand aren't as friendly for me.
this is highly dependent on your smoking method, density of pack, ability to take hits / inhale, etc. I don't know a lot of people who wouldn't cough if they inadvertently torched a spoon bowl and inhaled for a respectable amount of time, for example

i make my schedule so all my classes are on tuesday and thursday so i have 5 days off every week to trip at my leisure
holy shit, do you have an easy major or something

i have one class on fridays and it's kinda bullshit / a class i might do *better* in tripping so maybe i'll trip on a friday. if not i have a saturday or two

Lavos

Banned deucer.
i have class 3 days a week for 4 hours a day and i can do whatever the fuck i want on the other 4 days

I love oil but that shit builds up your tolerance soooo fast, at least for me anyway. Was getting too expensive so I had to pause, still though a weed high doesn't compare

i don't
all my trips (and attempts at such) have been during spring/winter/summer break - even during my more lenient semesters, I still work and as such finding time to do anything but get blazed during the week is nigh impossible. this semester I barely even have time to smoke, I picked up a quarter nearly a month ago and probably still have 4g+ left
shit sucks, but priorities, man

this is highly dependent on your smoking method, density of pack, ability to take hits / inhale, etc. I don't know a lot of people who wouldn't cough if they inadvertently torched a spoon bowl and inhaled for a respectable amount of time, for example

holy shit, do you have an easy major or something

i have one class on fridays and it's kinda bullshit / a class i might do *better* in tripping so maybe i'll trip on a friday. if not i have a saturday or two
I was just assuming we were talking joints or blunts when I said that. Big hits from a bowl, bong, or holding in a big hit from joint/blunt will make one cough easily.

If you don't have spare time to party and trip, that's not what I call "having a life". Even if you're very busy, you can still find time in the weekend, holidays, etc.

cim

If you don't have spare time to party and trip, that's not what I call "having a life". Even if you're very busy, you can still find time in the weekend, holidays, etc.
my life is full of things to do that i'm passionate about and interested in, that's way more "having a life" than having the majority of any given week free for drug use imo

i'll probably trip either saturday or thanksgiving week

I went to college for 2 years 8 hours a day every weekday (sometimes weekends) and found plenty of time to trip. Really, it's a matter of if you genuinely want to use that time. If you really wanted to find time and trip, you would have already.

Honestly even talking about planned LSD trips is weird because most of the time I've used it a friend would randomly call me up and say "Hey, so it's Friday, we don't have class till Monday, figure we have enough time to recover sunday, wanna trip massive fucking balls this weekend?"

Drugs don't really like me, or well weed doesn't. The first time I smoked it, I smoked a lot - I didn't really know what I was doing and no one was "supervizing" me. Eventually it hit me hard and I blacked out a little and when I woke up I was in panic, which worsened until I felt the most intense fear and paranoia. I wanted to kill myself honestly for the way I felt and I went kinda berserk in useless attempts to make the feeling go away (or come back? I remember kneeling down into a puddle outside). Eventually my friends parents came home and yea I was freaking the fuck out so I was taken home and driven around for a couple hours until the effects died down. I tried it again a couple years later, smoking less (but possibly too much) and felt similarly to the first time, but at least this time I could keep myself together. I notice that if I drink too much I sorta feel some nervousness and I really didn't drink until after the first incident so I'm wondering if I have some sort of PTSD shit going on...

I did try a bit of pot a third time though, had mostly a small buzz going on but no bad feelings, though I'm honestly too afraid to venture any further. I'm all good with that except there is one drug that I'd like to try at some point: LSD. Maybe someone who might have any experience with what I felt with the pot, through yourself or someone else, and tell me whether that should make me hesitate to try LSD or not.

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
My guess is that you 'ODed' (i use od very loosely, i think people od on caffiene all the time for example or energy drinks so i mean it in a very general way, not death, just the body or mind reacting really bad) on pot, which is uncommon, but it would manifest as falling alseep (blacking out) and some people get panicky on weed too so thats normal, if you get panicky don't smoke it.

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
do you naturally have a somewhat nervous disposition? having nervous reactions to weed is pretty normal, especially for the first couple of times and if you smoked an extreme amount. alcohol is pretty strange. . . but i assume you drink enough to known your own limits.

if you're mentally stable do LSD! take the necessary precautions, do a beginners dosage, have a sober trip-sitter, have at least one friend doing it with you, and normally i would recommend smoking weed but in your case. . . (probably still do)

cim

yeah you got way too high your first time. blacking out is evidence of that. it's normally pretty hard to smoke that much and when you do you wake up panicky and paranoid because of the losing consciousness + really fucking high thing

you should be able to safely smoke without concern as long as you space your hits out 10 minutes apart. it's really hard to smoke more than one hit too many that way.

tomorrow's 61 and sunny, as long as i can get a friend to give someone a ride i think i'll trip tomorrow. i have to "plan' LSD out because it's so fucking long that you can't just impulse do it one day, and also i can't take adderall the days i want to trip for obvious reasons

I mean at the time I was probably a bit more tightly wound than most people, so "nervous disposition" wouldn't be much of an exaggeration, so yea maybe that plus being really fucking high caused it. The alcohol, it's only ever a very mild feeling - it feels like a defensive mechanism more than anything. I'll try the 10 minute thing - from what people are telling me it seems like I just have to work my way into a comfort zone or something. A friend actually told me to my surprise that he knew someone who had similar reactions to weed as me but seemed to enjoy LSD very much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)