Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

That's alright, thanks anyway.

Is there any chance the contents of my bag could be throwing off the numbers? I realize that's a bit ridiculous but I'm trying to cover all bases here.

The reason I ask is that I used an AR to give me 900X all items and 90X all TMs to make my training a bit easier.
No haha. If you actually have the AR inserted that could throw things off but other than that it won't do anything.

No haha. If you actually have the AR inserted that could throw things off but other than that it won't do anything.
Very well, then. I'm officially out of ideas. Anybody else have an idea as to why my results are so screwy?

EDIT: OK, found the problem. I'd forgotten to re-generate the bottom field in the Seed-to-Time Finder. As a result, I was verifying my seed by searching through old results from 7/28. I realized my mistake when I tried to hit another seed for a day in May and still came up with results for 7/28.

That being said, I'm still consistently missing my delay by 2. Any tips?

EDIT2: WOO! Semi-Perfect Mewtwo! Success!

Last edited:
All right, so it's been awhile... I'm trying to RNG for a female, shiny, Timid Eevee from Bill in my HG version. So far I've had no trouble hitting my target seed repeatedly, but whenever I call Elm/Irwin, I always notice that the call pattern (E/K/P) that I get always appears to skip a few in addition to the first 3 call letters/frames that are always skipped because I have all 3 roamers out. Ex: My responses have E/E/E skipped and should follow with E/K/K/K/E/P/K/E/E/E/E/etc., and when I call Irwin, I get K/K/E/P/K/E/E/E/etc. which leads me to infer that the moving NPC in his house (the little girl) is advancing the frames whether or not she's actually moving. If this is the case, how can I ensure that I hit my target frame of 56 if the NPC is advancing frames even when she's not moving? (The target frame of my target seed is 57, and I'm using the Elm/Irwin calls to advance frames.) If this is not the case, then does it not matter that my call pattern skips over the first 2 calls I should be getting?

I'll give screenshots if anyone thinks there might be another issue.

EDIT 1: After entering the locations of the roamers before saving and starting the RNG process, I was able to get the correct call pattern (E/K/K/K/E/P/K/E/etc.), but after advancing to frame 56, I got the Eevee, and it was the same Quiet natured, male, non-shiny Eevee that I got several times already. I'm still trying to find out what I'm doing wrong. To make sure, since I have all three roamers running around, when I start the game and start calling Irwin, would my current frame after my first call be frame 5?

EDIT 2: When I enter my seed into RNG Reporter's main window, the list of seeds I get are the ones for the Eevees that I keep getting that I don't want (Quiet, male, not shiny, etc.) Why is this?

Last edited:
All right, so it's been awhile... I'm trying to RNG for a female, shiny, Timid Eevee from Bill in my HG version. So far I've had no trouble hitting my target seed repeatedly, but whenever I call Elm/Irwin, I always notice that the call pattern (E/K/P) that I get always appears to skip a few in addition to the first 3 call letters/frames that are always skipped because I have all 3 roamers out. Ex: My responses have E/E/E skipped and should follow with E/K/K/K/E/P/K/E/E/E/E/etc., and when I call Irwin, I get K/K/E/P/K/E/E/E/etc. which leads me to infer that the moving NPC in his house (the little girl) is advancing the frames whether or not she's actually moving. If this is the case, how can I ensure that I hit my target frame of 56 if the NPC is advancing frames even when she's not moving? (The target frame of my target seed is 57, and I'm using the Elm/Irwin calls to advance frames.) If this is not the case, then does it not matter that my call pattern skips over the first 2 calls I should be getting?

I'll give screenshots if anyone thinks there might be another issue.

EDIT 1: After entering the locations of the roamers before saving and starting the RNG process, I was able to get the correct call pattern (E/K/K/K/E/P/K/E/etc.), but after advancing to frame 56, I got the Eevee, and it was the same Quiet natured, male, non-shiny Eevee that I got several times already. I'm still trying to find out what I'm doing wrong. To make sure, since I have all three roamers running around, when I start the game and start calling Irwin, would my current frame after my first call be frame 5?

EDIT 2: When I enter my seed into RNG Reporter's main window, the list of seeds I get are the ones for the Eevees that I keep getting that I don't want (Quiet, male, not shiny, etc.) Why is this?
The NPC in Bill's house in Goldenrod City can be seen onscreen so if she is messing with your frame, then you would know. Normally, if you are fast enough in opening the menu with the X button, then she wouldn't have time to move.
If you have 3 Roamers out, then you would start on frame 4.

It would hep if you can provide your target IVs and the IVs you are getting along with your SEED.

Quick question on Method 2/4: The RNG Reporter does not display Encounter Slots, yet there are encounter tables of R/S/E. Is there a way to find out what Pokemon we encounter on which frame?

Fishaman P

Mechanics Maniac!
Quick question on Method 2/4: The RNG Reporter does not display Encounter Slots, yet there are encounter tables of R/S/E. Is there a way to find out what Pokemon we encounter on which frame?
You would be looking for Methods H-1, H-2, and H-4.
Apparently the encounter slots are wonky, though, so use them at your own risk.

I vaguely remember there being a fix or a workaround, but I'm not sure.

Hey :D
I'm trying to RNG in Emerald, using an emulator, to get a feel of the basics of the process. I'm trying to find a shiny Rayquaza and I keep missing my correct frame by one or two (somewhat frustrating).

Anyhow, knowing how the IVs are assigned to wild pokemon made me wonder. The first shiny frame I get is around 46 seconds into the game, so how did people actually get a "legit" shiny by soft resetting? They just happend to luckily hit that frame? Is ther literally no other possibility to get a shiny earlier than that frame?

Ty for your answers :)

Last edited:

Fishaman P

Mechanics Maniac!
Hey :D
I'm trying to RNG in Emerald, using an emulator, to get a feel of the basics of the process. I'm trying to find a shiny Rayquaza and I keep missing my correct frame by one or two (somewhat frustrating).

Anyhow, knowing how the IVs are assigned to wild pokemon made me wonder. The first shiny frame I get is around 46 seconds into the game, so how did people actually get a "legit" shiny by soft resetting? They just happend to luckily hit that frame? Is ther literally no other possibility to get a shiny earlier than that frame?

Ty for your answers :)
People who soft-reset for shinies on Emerald got lucky in 1 of 2 ways:
1) Their shiny frame is early in, like 20 seconds in.
2) They randomly took a long time to start the battle (i.e. distracted) and hit a later frame that way.

Battle Videos can change your RNG to be at a later frame, but no one's gonna watch it when they're soft-resetting for a shiny.
People who didn't get lucky in either of these ways never got their shiny. Simple as that.

Hey,
I'm currently trying to learn how to RNG in Pokemon Soul Silver. I have been using Everstone's guide (http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/dpphgss_rng_part1) but I am having no success. I am attempting to use a 3ds so I am not sure if this changes any factors but so far I believe I am doing everything right but every time I input my roamers location into RNG reporter it says "No match was found for your roaming Pokemon" Which I assume means I am no where near my desired seed/delay. I cannot think of anything I have been doing wrong but if anyone is able to shed some light on what I may be doing wrong or can give me some advice it would be greatly appreciated.
P.S. I am only going for IV's and am not fussed about getting a shiny
P.P.S. If a left any details that are needed be sure to let me know and I will fill in those details.

Hey,
I'm currently trying to learn how to RNG in Pokemon Soul Silver. I have been using Everstone's guide (http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/dpphgss_rng_part1) but I am having no success. I am attempting to use a 3ds so I am not sure if this changes any factors but so far I believe I am doing everything right but every time I input my roamers location into RNG reporter it says "No match was found for your roaming Pokemon" Which I assume means I am no where near my desired seed/delay. I cannot think of anything I have been doing wrong but if anyone is able to shed some light on what I may be doing wrong or can give me some advice it would be greatly appreciated.
P.S. I am only going for IV's and am not fussed about getting a shiny
P.P.S. If a left any details that are needed be sure to let me know and I will fill in those details.
Can you provide some details such as your Target SEED, Delay and Time.
We can't help you unless we know what's wrong.'

http://j.mp/SvQqyW --> RNG Reporter latest version.

BTW if you Pokemon wasn't shiny, then it's probably because you entered wrong TID/SID.
My SID is right. 9.55 got me the shiny Scizor I wanted and I have used method 1 many times for shiny. 9.65 gave me a false positive. When using 9.55 I found the false positive seed 9.65 gave me and seen it was a normal version of what I wanted. Yes I had shiny only checked.

My SID is right. 9.55 got me the shiny Scizor I wanted and I have used method 1 many times for shiny. 9.65 gave me a false positive. When using 9.55 I found the false positive seed 9.65 gave me and seen it was a normal version of what I wanted. Yes I had shiny only checked.
Can you post your/VM your ID/SID and your Target SEED?

When receiving your starter Pokemon from Professor Elm in HGSS, do Elm's movements advance frames? I know that random NPC movements advance frames, but I'm not sure whether Professor Elm's do, given that they aren't random NPC movements. I'm going to patiently try to RNG a Totodile by carefully watching NPC movements, counting frame advancements, and booking it to the lab until I get it right...but were I not factoring in Elm when I should be, I'd literally never land it.

Hey guys I am trying to RNG for a Shiny Lugia, I have successfully RNGed Shiny Suicune, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres and Kyogre but I cant seem to RNG Lugia. I have to sit outside the gave because I can not call elm otherwise. My calls all match up with Elm but when I go inside his cave and fight him he is not shiny. Can someone who has RNGed Lugia using the Elm Call method please help me out

Hey guys I am trying to RNG for a Shiny Lugia, I have successfully RNGed Shiny Suicune, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres and Kyogre but I cant seem to RNG Lugia. I have to sit outside the gave because I can not call elm otherwise. My calls all match up with Elm but when I go inside his cave and fight him he is not shiny. Can someone who has RNGed Lugia using the Elm Call method please help me out
Maybe you could provide a screenshot of rng reporter, and what is the target frame of your lugia? Are entei and suicune roaming?

This is most likely because you trigger a frame advancement due to the 128 step counter.
To get rid of this problem, just load your game, go up to Lugia(don't talk to it) and get out of the cave and save where you originally did.
This would've triggered the frame advancement and you can just try to hit your SEED again normally. Tell me if this works.

Anyone know the HGSS Safari Zone encounter slots work? It's been a goal of mine to catch a shiny Riolu in my HG's Safari Zone, but I don't know what slot it will be in, or if the Safari Zone has different frames like the Bug Catching Contest does. My game is also German, not sure if that changes things.

Also, I already RNG'd my SID a few years ago but I actually forgot my SID... I have another shiny Pokemon that I accidentally ran into that I could use to help re-locate my SID? Anyone know how to do that? My ID is 13754, all I remember about my spread was that it was 31/x/31/31/31/31, Modest, and I believe Ability 0

Hiiiiii :)

So here's my deal... I'm not very good at using RNG Reporter for anything except breeding shiny eggs in D/P/Pt. I've done it a crap ton of times and never really had a problem until I downloaded newer versions. No matter how many times I soft reset and redo everything, I never end up with a shiny when my egg hatches. Like I said, I've done it a hundred times successfully in previous versions so I know I'm not messing anything up. I was able to find an older version of RNG Reporter some time ago when I first had this problem with the newer one and with the old version, everything was working again with no problem, but that was on my previous laptop which I no longer have and now I'm back in the same dilemma. A) Are other people having this problem or did something change in the newer versions that I don't know about and B) does anyone know where to find an older version of RNG Reporter so I can continue my breeding with no hassles?

Anyone know the HGSS Safari Zone encounter slots work? It's been a goal of mine to catch a shiny Riolu in my HG's Safari Zone, but I don't know what slot it will be in, or if the Safari Zone has different frames like the Bug Catching Contest does. My game is also German, not sure if that changes things.

Also, I already RNG'd my SID a few years ago but I actually forgot my SID... I have another shiny Pokemon that I accidentally ran into that I could use to help re-locate my SID? Anyone know how to do that? My ID is 13754, all I remember about my spread was that it was 31/x/31/31/31/31, Modest, and I believe Ability 0

Here, this post in Hozu 's Trade Thread has PoJ 's Safari Zone HGSS RNG Guide.

If you want to find out your SID, then use Pokecheck.org. Just follow the instructions on tha main page and you'll be fine :)

Hello. I am trying to TID/SID abuse on Soulsilver so I can get a shiny flawless Mewtwo. I found the seed I wanted, opened Pandora's Box and found a nice TID/SID combo. I am having issues with finding what delay I hit. When I search for compatible seeds, I get the following message:
"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.
Input string was not in a correct format."
I click continue but Pandora's Box just freezes completely and I am forced to close it.
I am using the latest version of RNGReporter. Please help.

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
Hello. I am trying to TID/SID abuse on Soulsilver so I can get a shiny flawless Mewtwo. I found the seed I wanted, opened Pandora's Box and found a nice TID/SID combo. I am having issues with finding what delay I hit. When I search for compatible seeds, I get the following message:
"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.
Input string was not in a correct format."
I click continue but Pandora's Box just freezes completely and I am forced to close it.
I am using the latest version of RNGReporter. Please help.
Hmm, if you can, how about giving us more details? Like what ID/SID you're trying to hit, and what PID, or what seeds you have hit while trying to find their delays.

PID: 101433B2
Target Seed: 1B0E1388
The problem is I can't find what seeds I hit because the application freezes when I click "Find Compatible Seeds."

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
PID: 101433B2
Target Seed: 1B0E1388
The problem is I can't find what seeds I hit because the application freezes when I click "Find Compatible Seeds."
Hmm how about giving me more details, like what delay is the ID/SID you want to hit, or what ID/SID you like to have.

Anyway I guess the "Simple Seed to ID/SID calculator" section is buggy :/
I tried it, and the whole Reporter goes frozen. Though I'm using 9.96.5.

EDIT: I have 9.96.6... still the same bug.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)