Sticky X/Y Sprite Project

Anyway, Florges is a really big fan of the Gamecube games, and she's dressing up.

I tried to tell her that maybe she was going a bit overboard, but she didn't listen. Oh well...
You deserve some kind of award.

and omg that florges. is that a purple tux it's wearing? xD
This is what it's wearing XD
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/b/be/MirorB.jpg

Um. The spreadsheet thing. I'm like, confused, how up to date (or not up to date) is it? I was gonna try to do shinies and stuff but Froakie was the one I was gonna do next and now we have a new sprite? Is that the one we're gonna use? @__@

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hmm could have sworn I did update chart, I do know that back is on the site.

Chart being updated is often based on my level of OCD at the time, but generally I am always doing it.

Speaking of costumes.

If I made these the shiny versions, would anyone care?

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hah how cool would it be if we make holloween versions of all the pokemon ? No way we could do it this year but next year. It could be like the april fools pokemons!

And totally, you should def put that as its shiny. Its so cool. Same with florges. at least for a little while.

anywho, I finished editing the heliolisk's back. Just fixed the tail and eyes like I did to the front. Also added a bit of his right arm since it looks a bit off without it. Also, even thoough, I improved the eye, there seems to be something slightly off but couldnt put my finger on it.

heliolisk back.png
new
old

And add me for heliolisk's animation reservation Layell ! :P

Last edited:
Mad Job guys.
I'd be happy to do any Sprite re-colours, done so many before when doing fusions.
I might also have a look at Tyrunt since no one has really got one going that I've seen, I'll let you know if it goes well and if not I'll get someone much more talented to take over.

EDIT: So Here a sample of Tyrunt's Head Pre-shade his body is difficult due to proportions, I'l do it in the morning since it's late, anything on the head I should improve? I personally dislike the angle I've done the head on, and the weird second tongue he has. :/
Edit of my edit: Also realised the head is way big although it is about the same size as the rest of him... will scale it down tomorrow.
Tyrunt head.png

Last edited:

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Could also use some feedback on this

Noscium's front and RedRoosters back, coloured in Ala's main colours. I'm not a fan of the games colour scheme and this may be an instance where I divert slightly. From what I've seen online it does look like the palette changes to be softer so I might go back completely to Noscium's. That and the backs legs still kill me.

Also the sylv smile ought to stay connected because the lighter shade on the smile isn't dark enough to keep the visual connected, and that is how it was originally on the first Sylv edit which looked fine.

EDIT: Yeah no way jose

Last edited:

Arkeis

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Made some additional changes to Heliolisk. Everything below the neck basically.

The old sprite was based off of a low-quality screenshot, so there were some anatomical issues. But now we have official art to use as reference.

As you can see, Heliolisk's tail is at least as long as its body. The arms and feet are skinnier and the legs are bent more. Also, the orange points on its neck are a bit larger, and there is only room for 8 of them, so you shouldn't really see more than 4 or 5 points from each side.

Tomorrow, I might work on Mega Medicham since it doesn't seem the have a back sprite (and the front could be better)

This is so minor I probably shouldn't post it but it bothered me too much

Old for comparioson

I made the mouth a little pointier but I feel as if I broke it... Lol why don't I learn my lesson that I am not spriter material?

Because the existing Gogoat Shiny might not be real, I'm working on a new shiny based on this picture. Expect a front sprite soon.

Edit: Happy Halloween, here's a Shiny.

Last edited:

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Made some additional changes to Heliolisk. Everything below the neck basically.

The old sprite was based off of a low-quality screenshot, so there were some anatomical issues. But now we have official art to use as reference.

As you can see, Heliolisk's tail is at least as long as its body. The arms and feet are skinnier and the legs are bent more. Also, the orange points on its neck are a bit larger, and there is only room for 8 of them, so you shouldn't really see more than 4 or 5 points from each side.

Tomorrow, I might work on Mega Medicham since it doesn't seem the have a back sprite (and the front could be better)
Really nice! Those extra edits does make it look much better than the old sprite. :D The old sprite does look off so Im glad you took the time to fix it up more.

Only thing that stands out is his belly on the front sprite. I think it looks like it curves in a bit too much. So maybe bringing the upper part of his belly out by a pixel would make it better. The tail is also really curved near the base (its close to a right angle). It does look a little extreme for a bending tail but after looking at it more, it does make sense since many lizards do have flexible tails. Dont think they can bend it that far though. Other than that its great!

I'll see if I can fix it myself later tonight along with tyrantrum. been slacking on him >.<

Last edited:
Did a chesnaught sprite
chesnaught.png

Just going to reiterate that these sprites are for my deviantart page, so I'm making all the kalos pokemon whether they're needed here or not.

Because the existing Gogoat Shiny might not be real, I'm working on a new shiny based on this picture. Expect a front sprite soon.

Edit: Happy Halloween, here's a Shiny.
Mm, I don't like the colour choices for the grey, green, and yellow - the yellow and green are WAY too bright, and the grey on the head isn't so saturated either.

Galifia you have a few stray pixels by the tail owo

Are there any animations that are done for sure (other than Talonflame)? I'd like to try out that program mentioned earlier to do some palette swaps, and I'm sick and have nothing to do and want to be productive \ o /

I might also try out animating some simple sprites that haven't been done (but that probably won't end well)

Legitimate Username

mad tales of a bloodthirsty corviknight
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
100th post! Here's a beautiful movey-picture of everyone's favourite Superpower spammer (Spinda you're fired).

Since I've managed to reach this (somewhat minimal) milestone and even managed to earn a badge in the process, I just want to say that this project has been an absolutely incredible experience. I've thoroughly enjoyed animating the sprites of the many talented artists here, and there's still so much left to do. I don't think I'll ever look at PS the same way again, because seeing everyone's creations in battle is pretty amazing. Keep on being awesome. 0u0

Last edited:

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
congrats on getting that badge Legitimate Username :D Pretty sure everyone feels the same way. Its going to be awesome playing showdown knowing we all put a lot of effort to making it possible. We just have to keep up the good work.

Anyway, I finished editing tyrantrum's animation. Sped up both animations a bit to help make it look smoother since it was a little slow before. Fixed the tail since it was kind of messed up before and made the tail stay slightly further away from the head on the back sprite right before he roars. It looks good to me but let me know if its still too close.

tyrantrum-full.gif
tyrantrum-back.gif

And I fixed the heliolisk sprite going with what i said earlier. Used toxicroaker's version since he edited the head. Moved his tail further from his body. Its still looking like its almost at a right angle but since its further from the base now, it looks more natural. Also gave his belly a little more bulk. One thing I couldnt edit right was his feet on the back sprite. So can someone adjust them because they should be facing upward. The front sprite's feet are fine though. Hopefully it will get the green light for animation soon cuz I have a neat idea for it. :P

heliolisk.png
heliolisk back.png

I had already started on shiny Lucario o: I didn't think of using the palette from regular Lucario, when the colours were about the same... x___x The blue is a little off of what it should be, but it's relatively close. The greys I made a bit bluer, but kept it dark (it looks relatively darker in-game?). The red I brightened up and desaturated it a bit. Simple adjustments can still be made, super easily

Shiny Mega Garchomp has some discrepancies. Some locations suggest it uses a similar palette to regular Shiny Garchomp. Others suggest it being quite purple. So I did both o: Again, simple adjustments can still be made (it might be easier for this than Mega Lucario, just because there aren't any overlapping colours). I feel like the regular shiny palette is probably more accurate, but I wasn't sure. Purple one is probably inaccurate, even if it is the proper palette x____x

Also, it looks like there's a white spot in Garchomp's backsprite. I think that's an error - it's not in the original animation, nor does it show up in the edited versions - only in the actual exported version. I'll double-check later that it's not a weird issue with transparency (if that happens to be the only pure black pixel on the sprite, then it's an easy fix that I'll do tomorrow)

Shiny Honedge has issues with the palette - It'll take a bit more time to do because a direct palette swap won't quite work, and will need a minimal amount of frame-by-frame editing as well. Still, not much work.

omg that's a lot of typing

so sometime this weekend I'll do Shiny Honedge animation, and I'll also work on Shiny Spritzee and it's shiny animation. c:

GraphicsGale, btw, is relatively simple to use; Transparency is a little finicky, but that's about it. It's worth noting that to open gifs you need to be using the shareware version (which has a free trial, so if anyone wants to play around with it as well). It's a lot easier than editing animations in photoshop, imho.

unrelated, but ito is your sig changing o: it just reminded me that I have a rotating sig (of terrible cropped images) on another forum. Maybe I'll use it here owo

Last edited:

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
haha yea it does that from time to time. Rotating sigs are the best when you have a few pics but not sure which one to go with. Anyway, Goomy's next on my list to finish up. He was supposed to be top priority but so much for that huh? >.< But I'll try getting it done by tomorrow if I'm not too busy.

Once again, doing these sprites for my own DA project anyway. But nonetheless I've done greninja. Not terribly happy with how the back sprite turned out however.
greninja.png

If anyone doesn't want to bother with frame by frame recoloring, I can totally handle that since it's about all I'm good for. (Well that and minor QC and feedback anyway.)

Well as long as I can be of some help in some small way, even just pointing out something to be fixed that other people missed. lol

Hey again guys, so I think I'm sorta happy with Tyrunt despite still being in drafting and beginning to shade (Which I have never done so bare with me during this stage. Anyone have some tips?)
Tyrunt.png

He is still at a large size but mainly in length, about 10 pixels to tall but I believe that's due to his head position being quite forward and his body back, any advice with him, back leg still looks a little odd.
Cheers.

EDIT:
Spoke to a mate who thought it was a little light so and gave it a little personal QC.
Tyrunt.png

Last edited:
We still can't really use them, we still don't know anything about them except their names, appearances, and types. Even then, we'd need backsprites, and we can't really QC them without more information. That goes for the Mega Lati@s as well.

Wait, sorry to be slightly off topic(?) but Mega Lati@s? Is this (as) confirmed (as the new trio of Pokemon)? (because if so, brb screaming) XD

But yeah it's probably gonna be a while before sprites for those three (and any other inaccessible Pokemon) are really needed. Since I'm pretty sure nobody figured out yet how to crack the 3DS encryption (or whatever it is, I'm not the most technically inclined person in the universe). But it's kinda good to see that there's still stuff coming, since that means more awesome sprites from the people here (who are probably at least 1000 times more talented at spriting than I am, because I'm pretty much only good at the basics and non-organic things, like... not-animal-like-creatures, at least in terms of scratch spriting)....Well as I was saying, it's good to know there do seem to be more Pokemon that will just keep getting revealed. =P

Here is new sprite
Your enthusiasm is appreciated, but it'd be a good idea to either cite Quanyails for having made those sprites, or just let Quan post them on their own time. No one likes to have their thunder stolen, man.

EDIT: HERE'S BRAIXEN'S FRONT JUST GONNA LEAVE THIS HERE NOW AND COMMENT MORE LATER

EDIT2: Ok, so now that I have time to type, here's the Braixen do-over. Based both the colors and proportions off of Combusken, as they share many similar qualities. Backsprite for this set should be in by sometime tomorrow hopefully, if not earlier.

Seiku: This certainly got awkward fast.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)