Sticky X/Y Sprite Project

I made a new sprite for Braixen. Needs more QC

edit-
aXl: Sorry :( I didn't see your post;

Last edited:
Okay after a final few touch ups I'm happy, definitely needs some QC as I still have no idea how to shade properly. I shall attempt the back sprite but not confident. (Then again Tyrunt is my first ever scratch sprite, only ever done fusions.)
Tyrunt.png

Gavantula is there for height reference as they are both 2'07". Tyrunt is 5 pixels taller.

QC needed:
- That foot still won't work for me, just had another stab (as I was posting this, image no here) and it still looks a little awkward (The back right toe/claw) :/
- The shading is likely to be quite dodgy as I have no idea how to.

Hope you guys like it. :)

Your enthusiasm is appreciated, but it'd be a good idea to either cite Quanyails for having made those sprites, or just let Quan post them on their own time. No one likes to have their thunder stolen, man.

EDIT: HERE'S BRAIXEN'S FRONT JUST GONNA LEAVE THIS HERE NOW AND COMMENT MORE LATER

EDIT2: Ok, so now that I have time to type, here's the Braixen do-over. Based both the colors and proportions off of Combusken, as they share many similar qualities. Backsprite for this set should be in by sometime tomorrow hopefully, if not earlier.

Seiku: This certainly got awkward fast.
-

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Your enthusiasm is appreciated, but it'd be a good idea to either cite Quanyails for having made those sprites, or just let Quan post them on their own time. No one likes to have their thunder stolen, man.

EDIT: HERE'S BRAIXEN'S FRONT JUST GONNA LEAVE THIS HERE NOW AND COMMENT MORE LATER

EDIT2: Ok, so now that I have time to type, here's the Braixen do-over. Based both the colors and proportions off of Combusken, as they share many similar qualities. Backsprite for this set should be in by sometime tomorrow hopefully, if not earlier.

Seiku: This certainly got awkward fast.
nicee but think you should make his tail a bit more noticable at least to the point so everyone can see his magic twig

Alright, I'm gonna reserve hoopa, ya'll. I'll come with the basis of the sprite soon.

I notice that mega lati@s is revealed too, I'll get to that if I can too

That's certainly fine by me.

nicee but think you should make his tail a bit more noticable at least to the point so everyone can see his magic twig
Eh, I based it off of the Pokédex in-game, and from the front, you really can't make out the stick at all. I'd need a side view if I really wanted the stick to be noticeable, and simply rotating the 3D model into place as a base would make it look kinda weird. I'd have to find a good way to pose it through sketchwork, and then I'd be liable to screw up the proportions. Maybe we can show the stick more in animation, either that or just leave it for the backsprite.

Also, here's an early WIP of a Mega Alakazam QC I'm working on. I wanted to know what you guys thought of the spoons before I moved on with it, and since I'm taking a break atm, I figured this would be a good time to post it up for comments.

Currently thinking that the middle spoon can get smoothed out a bit as well as the far out on each side, but I think they look better with the thinner stems. What do you guys think?

EDIT: Finished it regardless. Updated QC is above now instead.

Ok so yeah, I was bored at school and since QC jobsare easier for me to do than scratch spriting, I decided to try putting my own spin on Layell's edit of MegaZam. Tried to make the spoons have thinner stems while also just cleaning up the shading in several areas where I thought it looked messy or was too bright. If you guys like the way this came out, I can get to working on the backsprite on Monday, as it'll give me something to do at school while I idle in X and Y.

It's Dump Time.

Pretty much what all of my work sums up to be, so far. And yes, I am aware that the one is cut off, and I need to fix transparency most likely on others.

Last edited:

I'll keep working on this back of Barbaracle in a bit but I'm adding this for now, need to work most of the other backs. I'm also ripping some of the other minisprites.
layell thanks for doing barbaracle's back sprite sorry for butting it of and not doing it
but anyway I did an edit on pyroar
pyroar.png

...Well so much for me doing Froakie's shiny. lol Oh well. I can go ahead and make those transparent for you though. =P

About Pyroar, the female backsprite's mane looks a lot flatter by the head... It lines up with the ear, but in the front sprite, it's much higher than the ear.

...Well so much for me doing Froakie's shiny. lol Oh well. I can go ahead and make those transparent for you though. =P

About Pyroar, the female backsprite's mane looks a lot flatter by the head... It lines up with the ear, but in the front sprite, it's much higher than the ear.
Oh f__k. You were gonna do Froakie? Goddamnit man, I'm sorry, I must've missed it

Hey guys, I'm back (if anyone knows me).
I think I'll be going on a QC spree now that my exams are finally over.
So here's Mega Blastoise Front on the left (I'll do the back soon); original on the right for comparison.
I tinkered with all three cannons, some of the belly lines, and the jaw (though I'm still not happy with that part).

Last edited:
It's okay lol no worries =P Really as long as they get done it's cool XD

Anyway here's Froakie turned transparent and put in 96x96
I'm doing the others now (aside from the ones you need to fix the crop on)
froakie shiny-trans front.png
froakie shiny-trans back.png

they might not be centered right... lol I can fix that though. =P

edit: frogadier 96x96 transparent
frogadier shiny-trans front.png
frogadier shiny-trans back.png

Last edited:
Hey guys, I'm back (if anyone knows me).
I think I'll be going on a QC spree now that my exams are finally over.
So here's Mega Blastoise Front on the left (I'll do the back soon); original on the right for comparison.
I tinkered with all three cannons, some of the belly lines, and the jaw (though I'm still not happy with that part).
We've already finished QCs for that, but I guess you can do something too...
I replaced the head, and someone else fixed the cannons

Welll, since I've been given permission by Layell to carry on, here goes.

Resized the front. I realized that the original one was quite small compared to standard Blastoise. It's still smaller, but a reasonable size at least. I quite like it now.
As for the back, I can't believe I only have this piece of trash after working on it for 3 hours. The ears, the protruding thingy on the shell.....
It's something to do with the posture - it has to be hunched like the front, so I don't think we should use the BW backsprite to begin with. I might just redo this - unless anyone has other backsprites.
Good job so far, everyone.

leafbarrett

Better than he thinks
Since nobody's said anything about animating the Mega Gardevoir pieces, I guess I should at least give it a shot... but I have no idea what I'm doing.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Since nobody's said anything about animating the Mega Gardevoir pieces, I guess I should at least give it a shot... but I have no idea what I'm doing.
You should hold off on that because as shown in the chart and rules on the first post it is not approved for animation yet.

We would hate to have an animation only to have to fix something small and avoidable.

leafbarrett

Better than he thinks
Note to self: Reread rules for things at least 3 times before taking a step further into the topic.

EDIT: Oh, here's the isolated sprites with the updated bodies/colors.

Last edited:

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Not to step on the hard work of Legitimate Username but something about Aegislash's sprite bugged me a bit. So I kinda did a bit of a QC of my own on it, based on this image here. I tweaked a few minor details to make it look a bit more like its ingame sprite, and to bring it a bit closer to the BW style of spriting since colors, shapes, and shades were off in a few small places.

Side-by-side comparison: On the left is my edit, on the right is the original, for Aegislash's Shield Forme. Was planning on also doing Blade form and possibly the backsprites to keep everything consistent, but this is all I got for now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)