The Keys to the New Gen?

Introduction:
Well here goes.

Its a whole new world we live in, a whole new way to see. Its a whole new place, with a brand new attitude, but we still gotta catch them all.

Sorry, had to post that. Its the perfect line for everytime a new generation comes out, because its true. It is a whole new attitude. Attitude to battling that is. This gen has brought out new threats, new evo's, new type and new stuffs. But some of the old is still alot better ;)

So jumping into this new era of pokemon battling I set up myself a team and think now its time to ripped apart by you guys. xD

At A Glance:

In Depth:

Klefki Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP - 252 Def - 4 SpDef
Impish Nature
~ Substitute
~ Spikes
~ Thunder Wave
~ Foul Play

I will be honest when I first saw the design for this I facepalmed. A set of keys? REALLY! .. but then I remembered Muk, a pile of sludge and Trubbish, a bag of rubbish and thought. Meh why not! xD
It has quickly become one of my favourite things to use for the sheer fact that it can slow things down with its priority TWave. Subs up against people that either flee or predict wrong. It usually gets atleast 2 layers of spikes down. Foul Play for Klefki is a god-send. It allows for the EVs to be used where its needed, its "bulk" whilst still being able to deal a bit of damage.

Crobat Black Sludge
Ability: Infiltrator
EVS: 4 HP - 252 Atk - 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
~ Brave Bird
~ Cross Poison
~ Taunt
~ Roost

My favourite poison type just got better! I hate Zubat. I hate Golbat but I love Crobat! (shame it evolves with Happiness -_-)
Infiltrator lets me beat the mechanic I hate most in this game. Substitute. I find it soo annoying xD ... and now I can destroy brelooms and hit other things that like to hide behind them :3
Brave Bird is the go-to move. It hits most things. Cross Poison hits the fairies that are floating about now. Roost and Taunt are self explanatory.

Malamar Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 HP - 252 SpDef - 4 Def
Careful Nature
~ Superpower
~ Foul Play
~ Psycho Cut
~ Toxic

This. Is. A. Beast! Its so good! As long as it doesnt try and take on Fairies or something with a powerful bug move it is great! I usually bring this in on something that I have paralyzed and try and set up a Superpower or 2 because of Contrary instead of losing Attack and Defence. I gain it!
Foul Play is my Aegislash counter and it hurts! Psycho Cut is a nice STAB attack and hits some things that Superpower doesnt. Toxic is for when I predict the switch correct xD

Goodra @Assault Vest
Ability: Gooey (thinking of changing to Sap Sipper??)
EVs: 252 HP - 252 SpAtk - 4 Def
Modest Nature
~ Draco Meteor
~ Earthquake
~ Sludge Wave
~ Fire Blast

This is EASILY my favourite Gen 6 Pokemon and now my favourite dragon (sorry Flygon!).
Not only is it cute it eats special attacks for days. The Assault Vest on this is Fan-Friggen-Tastic! It takes hits like a champ even if they are Super-Effective.
The random EQ is there, because even there I have no investments in Attack and a negative nature it still does a nice bit of damage to a Heatran that might be floating about.
Draco Meteor is the hard-hitting STAB. Sludge Wave is for the Fairies, because even though Goodra is weak to fairies it can take a special side hit from them and hit back. Fire Blast is a nice coverage move and hits Scizors that try and come in the exploit its weaker defence.

Rotom-Wash Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 232 HP - 56 SpAttack - 220 Speed
Modest Nature
~ Volt Switch
~ Hydro Pump
~ Will-O-Wisp
~ Pain Split

This is primary my Scizor counter because I was having alot of problems with it. 4x Resist to Bullet Punch and able to get off the Will-O-Wisp to cripple it. Volt Switch is for running away and causing damage when needed. Hydro Pump is the STAB of choice. It may miss at times but when it hits, it hits hard!
Pain Split of for longevity.

Mega Tyranitar@ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP - 176 Def - 80 SpDef
Impish Nature
~ Crunch
~ Earthquake
~ Stone Edge
~ Thunder Wave

Now you probably just looked at the EV Spread and Nature and thought W.T.F is this dude on!
Now with that EV spread, coupled with the 50% SpDef boost in Sandstorm it gets 404 HP with 400+ in BOTH defences when its in its megaform. Couples with I believe its 164 base attack, which even with out EV investment will hit a decent amount.
Crunch, EQ and Stone Edge are all pretty standard for TTar now. This TTar also counters Talonflame nicely. lol
Thunder Wave is there for the Slow and the ever so nice Parahax.
It maybe unconventional, but this has been working for me ^^

Well there you go guys and gals. I know that the meta is not formed, but I wanted you nice people to critique this team.
So thanks!! :D

Very nice team! I like it! Js, it is Tyranitar, not Mega Tyranitar but whatever. Only change I see for this team is with Malamar. That set isn't really that good, I suggest using this set:

Malamar @ Leftovers / Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Attack / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature

- Superpower
- Night Slash
- Psycho Cut
- Topsy-Turvy

This set is simply better, it really is a bad Special Wall with 0 Resitances and a weakness to the ever common Bug. Foul Play is just horrible, it only 3HKOes Shield Forme, although it does OHKO Blade Form. But, Blade Forme will kill you with a combination of Iron Head + Shadow Sneak. Also, the only move on this set to make use of Contrary boosts is Psycho Cut, Foul Play only works with the opponent's Attack. While Night Slash can 2HKO at +1 and takes advantage of boosts. Topsy-Turvy is good to stop the many set up sweepers.

Very nice team. I agree with the Malamar set. The best advice I have to offer is change Rotom-Wash's set to 248 HP / 28 Special Attack / 232 Defense, with a Bold Nature. This stops Talonflame, Aegislash, and Scizor dead in their tracks. I also really like Thunderbolt or Focus Blast over Earthquake, but I guess if Heatran bugs you that much, go for it!

Why not Focus Blast > EQ on Goodra? You still hit Heatran hard, and you will also do more damage to the likes of Tyranitar etc.

Thanks! .. I really like those suggestions and will definately try then out! .. tbh for some reason focus blast never occured to me on Goodra xD

Only thing now is, should I stay with Gooey on Goodra or take Sap Sipper?

Both are good abilities. Since no good player will be hitting Goodra with Grass Attacks, anyway, I'd stick with Gooey.

Orphic

perhaps
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
night slash is better for malamar also because if the opposing aegislash uses kings shield, your attack doubles dude to contrary

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)