Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the rates at which a Pokemon will pass a hidden ability under the following circumstances?:

Female (/w HA) + Male = ?

Male (/w HA) + Ditto = ?

Female (/w HA) + Ditto = ?
I believe it's 60% chance for the female to pass it. For the male I'm not sure but in my experience it's low, maybe 15-25%?

I do not know where to put this, but I guess I'll just write it here to make a note of it.

I had an untouched level 1 Togepi, and after some minor tests, I've discovered that you can easily reach a happiness evolution using the following:

• A Soothe Bell, the Befriending O-Power Level 1, 12 EV-reducing berries, and 1 level up.

11 EV-reducing berries, which increase happiness when given to a Pokemon and has no other effect if the Pokemon has no EVs, is insufficient after a level up to trigger evolution. I'm assuming with a higher-level O-Power, even fewer berries are needed. In addition, fewer berries can be used with more level ups, obviously. I haven't tested how many level ups with the Soothe Bell and the O-Power are required for evolution, because that is a bit more tedious.

Is there a way I can get more boxes on my PC? Having only 7 boxes. seems to be very small with all the Pokemon I'm catching and breeding.

I have a question about the new breeding mechanic.

When two Pokemon are bred, There's a chance of the male passing it's hidden ability. Do the two Pokemon have to be the same species, or can I pass, for example, Scraggy's hidden ability to a baby Bagon (not the exact ability, in this case Intimidate, but the baby Pokemon's hidden ability?)

I want to do this, but before I do, I need to make sure it works:
Male H.A. Scaggy + Female Shelgon = Possible H.A. Bagon

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Male Pokemon passing on their hidden ability only works while breeding with a Ditto. In all other situations, it's up to the mother to pass on the ability.

Agonist

You need max style and all the other O-Powers before getting the hatching power in the Introversion Cafe. An easy way to max your style is to buy about 50 Premier Balls individually in the Poke Ball Boutique in Lumoiuse, then take a taxi. If you have max style, your fare will be cut in half.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
In Super Training, is there any actual point in doing the higher-level challenges?
It seems like the reward bag you get after a challenge is determined by how quickly you beat the challenge, not how difficult it was. My Fennekin can either spend two minutes against the Noivern Balloon and get a Speed Bag S for the ordeal (since so much time was used), but it seems like beating the Noibat Balloon (lvl 1) is a lot more efficient. It takes less than ten seconds to win, one-twelfth of the time against the lvl. 3 balloon, and because of the speedy finish I get L bags most of the time (4 points from the challenge + 12 from the bag). Am I "beating the system" or massively misunderstanding how this works?

Does it matter if I have 0 IV on a Brave Honedge? I bred one with a random IV, but should I aim for 0? Like how good would 0 IVs serve in situations?

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
I found that one too; I heard you could get the other gems if you used rock smash in Terminus Cave, but so far I haven't found any.
Whoever you heard that from is wrong. Even the Battle Maison sets that were lifted from Gen 5 do not have their Gems anymore.

In Super Training, is there any actual point in doing the higher-level challenges?
It seems like the reward bag you get after a challenge is determined by how quickly you beat the challenge, not how difficult it was. My Fennekin can either spend two minutes against the Noivern Balloon and get a Speed Bag S for the ordeal (since so much time was used), but it seems like beating the Noibat Balloon (lvl 1) is a lot more efficient. It takes less than ten seconds to win, one-twelfth of the time against the lvl. 3 balloon, and because of the speedy finish I get L bags most of the time (4 points from the challenge + 12 from the bag). Am I "beating the system" or massively misunderstanding how this works?
You reached the same conclusion as I have... However it seems that the more EV's you have the more damage you do so eventually it comes closer to matching lv 1 training. I am not sure how the reward bags relate to how you do though. I can do the Lv 1 training in under 5 seconds, and still sometimes only get S bags.

Does it matter if I have 0 IV on a Brave Honedge? I bred one with a random IV, but should I aim for 0? Like how good would 0 IVs serve in situations?
0IVs are only "allowed" on the attacking stat which you aren't using (such as 0IV Attack on Alakazam) or on certain Pokemon to benefit the power of moves like Gyro Ball or to aid in Trick Room teams (such as 0IV Speed Ferrothorn or 0IV speed Reuniclus). Most Pokemon only have 5 stats they want to be 31, the other one can be whatever number it wants. You'll likely see annotation like 31/x/31/31/31/31 (which would be a special attacker) as the Attack IV isn't needed.

Agonist

0 Spe seems to be the preferred IV for Brave, so you can underspeed stuff and take a hit in the Defense Stance instead of attacking first, then taking a much harder hit in Attack Stance.

Was it known that Boomburst seems to hit through Subs?

See these Battle Videos:
VHAW-WWWW-WWW2-DAP6
CD5W-WWWW-WWW2-DAZP

Was it known that Boomburst seems to hit through Subs?

See these Battle Videos:
VHAW-WWWW-WWW2-DAP6
CD5W-WWWW-WWW2-DAZP
I think most sound-based move hit through subs now, like bug buzz and roar. This is on top of infiltrator now hitting through subs

Do items such as Heat Rock increase the length of ability induced weathers such as Drought?

Also, do Safety Goggles give immunity to Spore?

Has anyone tried exchanging Pokemon over the GTS with 2 cartridges and the same 3DS? Since friend codes now identify the 3DS itself and not the individual game, I'm thinking the GTS might not let you trade with yourself.

Also, what happens if you add someone to friends who has two different pokemon games? Will they have two PSS/safari icons, or will it be one and it changes when they log on to the other version?

Im just new to this forum so I really dont know where is the right place to post.. Is there any part of smogon forums where you post battle replay and get them analysed where I did wrong or other things?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)