Item Assault Vest

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's more if you use Entertainment after that you'll change another pokemon's ability to Klutz. This essentially means they can't use their item OR ability. But does it revert if they switch? Still, what an interesting idea.

Lopunny@Assault Vest
Klutz
Timid 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252Spd
~ Switcheroo
~ Entertainment
~ Magic Coat/Mirror Coat
~ Last Resort/Rain Dance/Sunny Day/Sandstorm/Fake Tears/Charm/Heal Bell/Copycat

This set is potentially epic. Switcheroo your Vest onto a support pokemon rendering them nigh useless. Afterwards, Entertainment can be used to shut down a second pokemon's ability AND item since Klutz means they can't use it. If the user is likely to carry Taunt or is a Prankster user than simply Megic Coat in their face. Interestingly Lopunny's SpD is a respectable 95 and it's even higher with Assault Vest. This means it can potentially Mirror Coat and actually nab a kill before having to use Switcheroo. This depends on damage calcs. The final slot should be for some support move. Last Resort is situational and her attack is measly but it's 210 BP after STAB so that's SOMEthing. You can run a weather move if enough of your team benefits. Charm or Fake Tears can put the enemy in a real bad position giving you good momentum. Heal Bell to save your team or if you have a lot of Rest users. And Copycat... well, there are lots of possible shenanigans there. She does have Baton Pass but she'd only be able to send Agility and Substitute. Her speed is a good 105 so she can outpace all standard slow support mon no problem and Magic Coat the rest and Pranksters.

Wow... this set is evil.
Can't believe my suggestion is even getting this amount of attention.......

Also, she doesn't get the boost. Klutz makes her unable to gain the negatives and positives of any held item. Despite that, it's something that can mess up so many leads. Best part is that they can't trick it back onto you.

So I know it may not be an optimal set, but has anyone considered Aegislash?
I was toying with the idea of mixed Aegislash since 150 split offenses is Rayquaza level good, and figure if King's Shield is dropped there could be some use.
Was thinking something like:

Aegislash @Assault Vest
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Sp.Atk
Brave Nature
~ Shadow Sneak/Shadow Ball
~ Flash Cannon
~ Sacred Sword
~ Hidden Power [Bug]/Head Smash

Stance Change basically puts Aegislash at 505 Defenses when in Shield Forme, and and helps cushion the pitiful defenses while in Blade Forme to be 205 (as opposed to the paper thin 137 without any EVs/Nature boost) assuming max IVs. I imagine it would help with taking hits if you play the whole Blade/Shield mind games wrong.

Otherwise, the set aims to throw people off from the standard Aegislash set, which from what I see are entirely physical. Shadow Sneak for priority since Brave on 60 Base Speed is pretty slow, but Shadow Ball if you want to go for raw special power. HP Bug for Malamar that think you'll spam Knight's Shield, and Head Smash for admittedly awesome coverage on Fire Types.

Nature/EVs could probably use some tweaking for optimizing this set in particular. If you wanted to give up offensive power and do that, you could always go:
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 Sp.Def
Sassy Nature

Puts Aegislash at 505 Def/657Sp.Def Shield Forme, and 207/327Sp.Def Blade Forme (while still maintaining a so-so 337 split offenses).
Sorry, but Assault Vest doesn't boost defense, just special defense.

Just an idea: how does the hidden ability of Florges work? Maybe you can give it the assault vest and pass it to an opponent's tank like blissey who doesn't use much offensive moves.

Just an idea: how does the hidden ability of Florges work? Maybe you can give it the assault vest and pass it to an opponent's tank like blissey who doesn't use much offensive moves.
Pretty sure it only works in double battles, and it most certainly would never give it to an opponent.

I've been running it on tangrowth, makes its SpDef much more usable as well as a good mixed wall, and with regenerator it doesn't need lefties. Nothing like switching into those water types and OHKOing them with power whip when tangrowth only takes 50% from an ice beam, and switches out to regain 33% of that 50%. Knock Off allows it to keep some annoyance utility as well.

Tangrowth
252 HP, 80 Atk, 176 SpDef
Item: Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
Nature: Relaxed

Power Whip
Poison Jab
Earthquake
Knock Off

Couldn't Empoleon take advantage over something like this?

Surf
Grass Knot
Ice beam
Signal Beam/Flash cannon

Boom, decent tank improved upon.

Couldn't Empoleon take advantage over something like this?

Surf
Grass Knot
Ice beam
Signal Beam/Flash cannon

Boom, decent tank improved upon.
Defog
SR
Scald
Coverage

Boom, decent tank improved on even more. Pokemon that should be using Assault vest are ones that have limited benefit from Status moves, such as TTar, Scizor, and things with natural regen like Regenerator. Empoleon would rather go in, resist SR, defog, set up his own SR, and then burn and kill stuff.

I wonder, can this be used on an Azumarill? Would the increased SpD bulkiness be worth less power and the ability to switch moves?

Defog
SR
Scald
Coverage

Boom, decent tank improved on even more. Pokemon that should be using Assault vest are ones that have limited benefit from Status moves, such as TTar, Scizor, and things with natural regen like Regenerator. Empoleon would rather go in, resist SR, defog, set up his own SR, and then burn and kill stuff.
Defog and SR can't be used when he wears an Assault Vest...

Somebody might have already mentioned this, but what about Milotic with Assault Vest?

Something like:
Dragon Tail
Icebeam
Scald
Dragon Pulse

Or does it need recover to be any good?

I really wish it could use rest and sleep talk with assault vest lol. Recovery move, phasing move, stab with burn, and +1 to both defenses sounds really good. But alas..

I thought of eelektross, maybe not in OU but still...You might miss coil and thunderwave but you have decent bulk to build on (still no weakness outside of mold breaker and similar), and quite the colorful set of attacking types to fill up your slots easily. You have good coverage moves for Electric, Fire, Water, Fighting, Grass, Bug, Rock, Dark, Steel and Dragon, and that's just looking at BW2 (maybe XY brings even more, though I don't see anything that would stand out, but then again, half the moves it does get make no sense).

Bonus points for getting both Giga Drain and Drain Punch to get a little recovery in, and both U-turn and volt switch for pivoting nicely.

I've been think of a Metagross set.

Metagross @Assault Vest
252 HP/252 SpD Careful or Adamant nature
-Bullet Punch
-Power-up Punch
-Hammer Arm
-Earthquake

It has natural physical defensive bulk sitting at 130 base defense and 90 base special defense so Assault shield's +1 boost is wonderful for it. PuP allows for him to boost his attack with while dealing some damage, and it allows for his bullet punch to pack more of a punch. Due to the more bulky offensive play-style the meta-game seems to be heading towards, he seems to have bulk and strength to help put decent dents in the enemies armor while not taking much damage himself.

I was thinking, if something with klutz held this item, it could trick it to another pokemon like blissey, and ruin it.
lopunny, swoobat , audino and golurk get this and I know swoobat gets trick and lopunny gets switchroo

I've been just thinking of a Offensive tank set for Florges using this maybe, it has really good SpecD already so with the vest it would just shrug off special hits, so you could invest in defense instead so it's lackluster defense could use useable. I still need to test it though but I was thinking something like:

Florges @ Assault Vest
176 Hp / 252 Def / 80 Spec Attack
+ Defense or Spec Attack Nature

Moonblast
HP Ground
Psychic
Petal Dance

Florges as a decent spec attack stat can be pretty bulky when invested. I will test it out a bit and get back but I think it could work.

Ive been using a utility blastoise with assault vest

Blastoise@ Assault Vest
252HP / 252Special Def / 4Defense
Bold

Rapid Spin
Dragon Tail
Scald
Ice Beam

Was really bulky. Took several thunderbolts and rapid spinned a lot of hazards. Maybe wish support is needed but overall a good rapid spinner.

So I made a few test, and discovered that Tyranitar is impossible to OHKO without boosts (Or Crits) on the special side with an assault vest in the sand.

Mewtwo X modest 252spa does around 94%, and it's the strongest focus blast in the game right now (Bar Specs Deoxys-A, which does around the same damage)... Ttar is a bulky motherfucker.

Specs deoxy's attack has a chance to 1hko against a max hp and max special defense Tyranitar, still that is impressive as hell.

Kyurem b
@assault vest
252 hp
252 spa
4 atk
Earth power
Icebeam
Hp fire
Fusion bolt

Great switch in to bulky waters, rotom, etc (doesn't mind the burn toooo much). Did I mention thT it is almost impossible to ohko and 2hkos everything that isn't fat and pink, a ttar, or an aegislash (and it's damn close).

Pro tip, after you get a kill, say something like "specs kyube op:)". I have killed soooooo many scizor this way. I kinda regret revealing this but fuck it

I made an account just to say this, and I suck at Pokemon so it might be stupid, but I feel that Furfrou could benefit from this coupled with wide move pool and his ability that halves damage from physical attacks.

I made an account just to say this, and I suck at Pokemon so it might be stupid, but I feel that Furfrou could benefit from this coupled with wide move pool and his ability that halves damage from physical attacks.
I like the idea. Maybe in NU or RU. I neither see him in UU with it's poor movepool and type.

Maybe like this

Furfrou / Assault Vest
Nature: Impish or Careful
Evs: 252 HP 252 DEF 4 Sp.Def (maybe, I'm not good at investigate Evs)
- Sucker Punch
- U-Turn
- Return
- Wild Charge

I think it can be good at a pseudo mixed wall. The big problem is that it lacks a good movepool. 80 base ATK isn't that good.

Not sure if this was posted before but..
Reuniclus @ Assault Vest
Regenerator
72hp/188def/252sdef
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast
-Energy Ball

Prior to XY Magic Guard was just obvious for Reuniclus, with Trick Room and Calm Mind builds, he didn't like switching out very much. Regenerator seemed really sub-par in comparison since it was antithesis to his commonly used sets.

First thing I thought of though when I saw Assault Vest was Regenerator Reuniclus. With bothe Reuniclus's notable bulk, respectable satk, the ability to heal on switches and Assault Vest. Reuniclus becomes a very potent mixed defensive pivot. Able to switch in on almost any attack and hit back reasonably hard with at least neutral coverage across the board.

You'll find below I included test calculations against some of the most threatening mons of this gen, which goes to show that even things Reuniclus has no business staying in on, he can soak in a pinch. In many cases when being switched in against by the opponent, expecting a free kill, Reuniclus can soak one attack and OHKO most things in return, then switch out and heal himself back up.

This means that even in a bad situation where momentum isn't always in your favor Reuniclus can KO something, especially with previous damage, then switch out to heal and continue to provide value for your team instead of taking out one-mon and then becoming a low HP speed bump.

These are just a few calcs, and I think they show that even the scariest stuff out now is survivable.

Special (using +1 sdef to simulate Assault Vest) said:
Modest Mega Mewtwo Y
252+ SpA Mewtwo Bug Buzz vs. +1 72 HP / 252 SpD Reuniclus: 172-204 (45.38 - 53.82%) -- 36.33% chance to 2HKO

Modest Mega Gengar
252+ SpA Gengar Shadow Ball vs. +1 72 HP / 252 SpD Reuniclus: 206-246 (54.35 - 64.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Mega Alakazam
252+ SpA Alakazam Signal Beam vs. +1 72 HP / 252 SpD Reuniclus: 134-158 (35.35 - 41.68%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Mega Blastoise (using +1 satk to simulate Mega Launcher)
+1 0+ SpA Blastoise Dark Pulse vs. +1 72 HP / 252 SpD Reuniclus: 146-172 (38.52 - 45.38%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Physical said:
Mega Blaziken
252+ Atk Blaziken Flare Blitz vs. 72 HP / 188+ Def Reuniclus: 199-235 (52.5 - 62%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Mega TTar
252+ Atk Tyranitar Crunch vs. 72 HP / 188+ Def Reuniclus: 318-374 (83.9 - 98.68%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Mega Lucario
252+ Atk Lucario Crunch vs. 72 HP / 188+ Def Reuniclus: 192-228 (50.65 - 60.15%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Mega Mawile
252+ Atk Huge Power Mawile Sucker Punch vs. 72 HP / 188+ Def Reuniclus: 304-358 (80.21 - 94.45%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Mega Garchomp
252+ Atk Garchomp Outrage vs. 72 HP / 188+ Def Reuniclus: 243-286 (64.11 - 75.46%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)