HELP WANTED

I posted this in the Facebook group also, but have yet to get a single response, so I figured I'd go right to the source:

Hey everyone - I know I haven't been around much lately, I've been incredibly busy working full time at the Yale Office of Development, serving as campaign treasurer for the Democratic mayoral candidate in my town, etc. The best reason I've been so busy, however, is that for the last nearly year and a half, two of my best friends and I have been recording an album as the band The Bad Apples. This album is FINALLY nearing completion (release date will be August 9 or 10). We have been going all out with everything about this album. This past weekend we had a photoshoot for the album cover and almost finished filming a video for one of the songs, and on Monday we are going into Manhattan to get the album mastered by Gene Paul (Les Paul's son).

One of the main things we have to worry about right now is the album art and graphic design of the insert, etc. None of us is too computer savvy, thus we are having difficulty getting started in this process. We plan on getting the album duplicated by Mirror Image Duplication (www.miduplication.com), based in Philadelphia. On their website they have templates for each part of the insert and disc label. I downloaded these but I am so inept with graphic design that I can't do much.

So I am asking YOU, fellow Smogonites that are much more computer literate than my colleagues and I, to be a doll and help us out with the graphic design of this album. If you are interested, send me an e-mail (james.albis@nyu.edu, no PMs please, just e-mails) with a very brief resume that includes your name and one or two examples of things you've done that could be considered comparable to this project. Intermediate (or better) Photoshop skills a must. Should one of you be selected, we will certainly have your name in the credits and you'll get a copy of the album for free!

Thanks everyone, and I'll talk to you all soon!

-jalbis

The.Lost.Hylian

Conquer your Shadow
is a Researcher Alumnus
Hi Dweedz. I made a mock-album cover and inset before for a portfolio I was putting together a few years ago. I'm quite interested in helping out, and I'll have some ideas posted asap. ^_^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)