Paperclip GTS Trades

Hey folks,

this idea came up to my mind when I was trading a bit today and managed to get all missing Pokémon in the Kalos Dex by trading Tropius for stuff like Gliscor and Rhyperior. I even managed to get a Mewtwo for a Level 60 Goodra (which I traded back to that poor kid who missed his Mewtwo so much, it had bad IVs, anyway and he gave me his Mewtwonite x in return).
I managed to get a better Pokémon than I offered in return in a lot of cases. So it should be possible to go all the way from the least attractive to the most difficult to obtain Pokémon out there in the GTS, just like this dude traded a paper clip for a house to live in!

Magikarp might not be the worst Pokémon, but amongst all those "I want Yvetail for my Pidgey"-folks out there, it might be the least desirable.

I came to the conclusion that Articuno is the hardest Pokémon to obtain right now. But this is debatable.
If you think Zapdos, Yvetal, Mewtwo or any other Pokémon is more difficult to obtain via GTS go ahead, but don't change your aims once you started your chain.

Rules (might be altered slightly during the next days):
- You are not allowed to improve your chances for a trade by giving items to your Pokémon (if you recieve items while trading, that's okay, just make sure you remove them before you continue trading).
- It is not allowed to train or change the level or stats of the traded Pokémon in any way. It has to stay exactly the way how you received it.
- You might take screen shots of the several trading chains, but this is not necessary. Keep at least written records of your exchanges.
- As it is hard to prove the authenticity of your trade chain, just be honest like everyone on this board. It's all about fun!
- This thread is not necessarily about obtaining Articuno in the fastest way (measured either by time or the amount of trades needed), but about sharing interesting stories!

Have fun!

PS: This thread might be moved to the X and Y section of the Orange Islands... I was not completely sure about putting it here or there ...

We already have a thread like this in X/Y called wonder trades. That's where people who are looking to share thier wonder trade war stories go

This is not random Wonder Trading, this is specific aim-oriented GTS trading challenge, so I guess there is a difference. :)

actually i think it's an interesting idea... and it won't screw the gts since it wont be a petition like "articuno for magikarp" but rather "magikarp -> vulpix -> goomy -> goodra -> yveltal -> articuno". I'll give it a try when i got a magikarp on my own

Well I've got sort of an interesting one that happened by accident. Started off with fletchling (not magikarp but w/e), traded that for a mareep, traded that for a pumkaboo which turned into golterguist, which I traded for a larvitar, which a traded for a tyrunt w/ egg moves. After that I was planning on stopping but I checked the legendaries being offered and someone wanted a lvl 1 tyrunt for their yvetal so I got that and then traded that for a xerneas as I have Y so I already had a yvetal. So admittedly a lot of luck with the tyrunt part but was still pretty awesome

This worked for me! I think the chain I did was Vivillon->Charmeleon->Fraxure->Don't remember->Scizor->Dragonite->Garchomp->Zygarde. I hit a wall at Zygarde though; Couldn't make the Zygarde->Xerneas->Articuno trade.
I'll probably try it again tonight.

Hint: I got my Articuno by trading it for a (male!*) Luxray. Maybe that's the way to go?

*I guess male gender on vicious looking Pokémon are preferred by little boys who give their Articuno away just to get their beloved Luxray.

Last edited:

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I actually think this is a really neat idea. I might give it a go later and see what I end up with!

I may have helped some people trying to trade crap for things they actually wanted on the GTS. I was looking for a huge power Bunnelby, and figured if I tried to scoop up all of the level 1 ones, at least one would have huge power, right? Wrong. I traded away a random Abomasnow I had and a bunch of starters I bred for a bunch of normal ability Bunnelbys. Still don't have one and I'm too lazy to look for people with the safari or trade for one. I dislike the aspect of forced communication (through friend codes) to gain access to things; I'd rather just buy both games and call it a day, but not even that's possible.

I don't really want to commit myself to trading Magikarp -> Legendary, but maybe I'll help a few people out by trading random crap/breeding rejects I don't need for Magikarps when I get bored.

CanadianWifier

Run Away With Me
I may have helped some people trying to trade crap for things they actually wanted on the GTS. I was looking for a huge power Bunnelby, and figured if I tried to scoop up all of the level 1 ones, at least one would have huge power, right? Wrong. I traded away a random Abomasnow I had and a bunch of starters I bred for a bunch of normal ability Bunnelbys. Still don't have one and I'm too lazy to look for people with the safari or trade for one. I dislike the aspect of forced communication (through friend codes) to gain access to things; I'd rather just buy both games and call it a day, but not even that's possible.

I don't really want to commit myself to trading Magikarp -> Legendary, but maybe I'll help a few people out by trading random crap/breeding rejects I don't need for Magikarps when I get bored.
If you still need one, I can trade you it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)