2013 Music

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i love you.

my fav songs from this album so far is gypsy a beautiful ballad dedicated to taylor (her bf) my friend and i pretty much sobbed while listening to this for the first few times lol. and mary jane holland, which is about her struggle with depression and substance abuse and other inner demons; the part in mjh when shes like "cause i love love cause i love love, you betta than you betta than, myyyyyy darkest sinnn" tho omg so fucking good

i think what i love about these two particular songs is that it her voice is so raw and unedited in them compared to some of her other songs

g.u.y. is such a powerbottom anthem btw lol, and i feel like sexxx dreams is so much better live (then again her voice is so much more distinct and powerful live compared to studio versions)
gypsy and mjh grew on me after the first listen, along with fashion!
the only song that i think is really out of place is jewels n drugs but even then it's still a solid pop album can't wait for CHART TOP to be officially released

and yeah sexxx dreams is much better live but it's still a jam imo

love you too <3

junior

jet fuel can't melt steel beams
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
gypsy and mjh grew on me after the first listen, along with fashion!
the only song that i think is really out of place is jewels n drugs but even then it's still a solid pop album can't wait for CHART TOP to be officially released

and yeah sexxx dreams is much better live but it's still a jam imo

love you too <3
i love her but jewels and drugs is pretty shit, probably her worst work on the album. i feel like nobody really likes it. it's like the queen from born this way, except this time we have someone else other than gaga to blame. what was she thinking working with too short?

pretty solid album overall tbh and id say its on par with the fame monster, if not only slightly worse. it definitely could've been better though, if she hadn't changed aura and sexxx dreams from her itunes festival performance. aura and sexxx dreams had potential to be the best songs on the album, but i think mjh/g.u.y./venus/gypsy takes it!

Audiosurfer

I'd rather be sleeping
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
albums ive listened to recently and think are really good are old by danny brown, is survived by by touche amoure and cut 4 me by kelela. is survived by isn't the sort of thing i usually find myself listenig to but it was really enjoyable, would recommend listening to it

Honus

magna carta
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
the production of kiss land is very good but content wise its no HoB, some guy on rym described it as Abel being 'creatively exhausted' which kinda expresses how i feel about the album

(Was debating whether or not to make a thread for this, I chose to not to.)

I'm in the christmas spirit. Does anybody have any really cool christmas albums that they know of?

Korn - Paradigm Shift

Cage the Elephant - Melaphobia

Serj Tankian - Jazz-Iz Christ

Five Finger Death Punch - The Wrong Side of Heaven and the Righteous Side of Hell Volume II

Also Tool is supposed to have a new album withing the next year.

I've heard all this as well, actually. I can't dig up any specifics beyond what has already been mentioned, but I'm hoping it turns out like 10,000 Days and Lateralus did, I really enjoyed them over the more recent ones, but I digress. What sorts of themes would you guys like to see in the next album(s)?

I've heard all this as well, actually. I can't dig up any specifics beyond what has already been mentioned, but I'm hoping it turns out like 10,000 Days and Lateralus did, I really enjoyed them over the more recent ones, but I digress. What sorts of themes would you guys like to see in the next album(s)?
The Guitar style from Ænema (most specifically the song Ænima) are probably my favorite. For whole album composition though, I am hoping for them to try something new.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
10,000 days and Lateralus are the most recent albums, lol.

Anyway, Lateralus-esque would be nice.

10,000 days and Lateralus are the most recent albums, lol.

Anyway, Lateralus-esque would be nice.
Is it really? Darn I was tired. I was under the impression they were older, with Undertow being among the newer. I can't deny it's good, I just found it wasn't as good as the aforementioned.

Does anyone here listen to Tokyo Police Club? They just posted 3(?) new songs!

Recommend if you are into alternative/indiepop

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)