Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there an online rated battle discussion thread?

If not, where can one be started?

An interesting discussion thread. It has some noticeable changes in rules. The obvious being item clause.

If a pokemon that doesn't have it's Hidden Ability breeds with a Ditto that has it's Hidden Ability (Imposter), will there be a chance that the child has it's Hidden Ability or does the non-Ditto pokemon need the Hidden Ability?

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
If a pokemon that doesn't have it's Hidden Ability breeds with a Ditto that has it's Hidden Ability (Imposter), will there be a chance that the child has it's Hidden Ability or does the non-Ditto pokemon need the Hidden Ability?
No. A ditto cannot force it's hidden ability on another parent that doesn't have it (otherwise we'd have adaptability skrelp long ago...)

I was wondering, since gen 6 nerfed weathers by making perma weather just insta weather, are there any buffs to weather too besides new pokemon and moves? such as removing the bans on speed boost, sand veil, drizzle-swift swim combo?

Does anyone know what abilities on which Pokemon are retconned? We all know about Infiltrator Chandelure and Speed Boost Scolipede, but are there more? To be more specific, has Glaceon's hidden ability been changed?

So, I just caught my first shiny in Pokemon Y: a shiny Drudiggon!!
Here are the stats:
Drudiggon Lvl. 30
Docile Nature
9 HP
9 ATK
26 DEF
31 Sp. ATK
19 Sp. DEF
31 SPD

So, it is really awesome and I'd love to use it in a wifi battle, but I'm not sure as to what set I should use? I was thinking mixed sweeper, due to the special attack being 31... any help would be appreciated!! Thanks in advance.

I'm interested in building a competitive team and I just bred a Shiny Froakie with 5 IVs (HP, Defense, Sp Defense, Sp Attack and Speed) and the hidden ability but his nature is brave.
What would you guys do with him? Keep him and use it in competitive battles with that nature or trade it for more pokes with 5 IVs?

What does everyone think the best nature for Excadrill is, Adamant or Jolly? This is for mold breaker by the way, not sand rush. Also, will Iron Head be necessary once Pokebank is out or will the coverage on fairies not be worth it?

Thanks everyone!

Hello all.

Im trying to build a team around Charizard X and i would really appreciate it if someone could give me some advice/recommendations since my experience is low .

BurningMan

fueled by beer
I'm interested in building a competitive team and I just bred a Shiny Froakie with 5 IVs (HP, Defense, Sp Defense, Sp Attack and Speed) and the hidden ability but his nature is brave.
What would you guys do with him? Keep him and use it in competitive battles with that nature or trade it for more pokes with 5 IVs?
Brave is really bad for Greninja it needs a +Spe Nature to be viable for competitive play and -spe +atk is kinda useless on something that is usually played as a fast special sweeper. Try to breed more until you get a timid or naive one or just trade it.

does PokeBank work both ways? Can a PokeBank PokeMon be transferred to Black 2 from X? Assuming it's a GEN 5 Pokemon of course.

I know the probable answer, but I thought I'd ask just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)