Battle Maison Discussion & Records

Update time! Made it through 200 - the lucky opponent was a Black Belt with Hawlucha, Golem and Hariyama. Easy pickings for my setup.

Deaga, if you're happy to wait a week or so for a Starf Berry, we can exchanges FCs.

Since a bunch of people made it past the Super bosses now, would you be able to say what kind of movesets/items they have? Might be helpful to know. and technically, we should all be noting down the movesets of new Pokemon, since they aren't in the big list of movesets. Also congrats Zodiac on breaking the 200 mark!

What happens when you reach 100-win streak? Trainer card changes color again?

For me, finally, I got my composure all the way and beat Super Singles on my 4th try. My Charizard is not even a decent one.

Team:
Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Lax (LOL) (IV's above average overall -.-)
EVs: 6 HP, 252 SpAtk, 252Spe
Heat Wave
Flamethrower
Protect
Solarbeam

Azumarill @ Splash Plate
Adamant 31/31/31/xx/31/31
Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Atk, 6 Spe
- Belly Drum
- Superpower
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Careful 31/31/31/xx/31/xx
Thick Fat
EVs: 152, 212 Def, 146SpDef
-Curse
-Crunch
-Earthquake
-Body Slam

My set involves a lot of switching. They complement each other's strengths and weaknesses really well.
Snorlax sponges really well Charizard and Azumarill's weakness - Electric Pokemon.
Azumarill beats Rock, Fighting and Dragon types, which Snorlax and Charizard
have a hard time dealing with, though Charizard often 2-0s and sometimes 3-0s.

Any Pokemon that Charizard can't OHKO back and can OHKO it back, for example,
Golem (sturdy or not), I automatically switch to Azumarill and Snorlax.
Can't take the risk of it getting Sturdy and OHKO me back with Rock Slide. Though sometimes I'm left
with no other choice

Since a bunch of people made it past the Super bosses now, would you be able to say what kind of movesets/items they have? Might be

helpful to know. and technically, we should all be noting down the movesets of new Pokemon, since they aren't in the big list of movesets. Also congrats Zodiac on breaking the 200 mark!
Well, for Super Singles, Landorus and Tornadus both have Focus Blast...
Landorus definitely has Choice Scarf... I have Timid 31IV Greninja as my lead
(used only for this battle) but Landorus managed to attack first with Focus Blast
but luckily for me, it misses. I OHKO back with Ice Beam...

Sent out Tornadus, I failed to OHKO and it OHKO me back with Focus Blast.
I forgot what set her Thundurus is using because my Azumarill surprisingly managed to beat it 1v1. LOL.

I'm seeing a lot of people using megawile but investing in HP as opposed to something like speed (since attack is a given). Is the difference in longevity that much that's it's worth the loss of speed?

Seems like no one is playing triples (my favourite). Up to 151 right now and still going. I think triples take away a lot of the hax and everything inside the battle maison.

Triples team.

Excadrill
Sand Rush Drib 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 6 Hp Life Orb
Earthquake
Brick break
Rock Slide
Sword Dance

Togekiss
Serene Grace 252 HP, 82 SAtk, 180 Spd Leftover
Nasty Plot
Roost
Air Slash
Dazzling Gleam

Tyranitar
Sand Stream (Forgot) Assault Vest
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Crunch
Stonedge

Garchomp
Sanveil (252 Atk, 252 Spd, 6 HP) Bright Powder
Earthquake
Outrage
Poison Stab
Dragon Claw

Charizard
Solarpower (252 SAtk, 252 Spd, 6 HP) Charizarite Y
Solar Beam
Heat Wave
Dragon Pulse
Fire Blast

Venusaur
Chlorophyll (180 HP, 104 SAtk, 226 Spd)
Sludge Bomb
Giga Drain
Solar Beam
Synthesis

Basically start with Exacdrill (left), Togekiss (middle), Tyranitar (right). Whenever the earthquake users die I wish in Garchomp. When togekiss dies I switch in Charizard. This way I always have double/triple hits every turn. Venusaur is like a sweeper that comes in to finish the job since usually all fire, steel, poison, flying, ice pokes are dead by the team it comes out. Had to give Excadrill Brick break cause no coverage against normal poke. No need for ice coverage since rock slide + Dazzling Geam + Air Slashis already perfect cover for any ice moves.

I'm seeing a lot of people using megawile but investing in HP as opposed to something like speed (since attack is a given). Is the difference in longevity that much that's it's worth the loss of speed?
Since MMawile has sucker punch to make up for her poor speed, it's much better to invest in bulk to allow you to set up a swords dance or two. I'd rather fully invest in base 50 HP than base 50 Speed.

The triple round strategy posted earlier sounds awesome, I really want to try that out. Only problem I see with it is that 240 bp STAB specs Aurorus will probably kill your adjacent teammate(s) which would be bad if you couldn't finish off the opposing team in one turn. And if you put Aurorus on the side, the mon in the opposing corner will only be getting hit by the 60 (normal) + 120 (fairy) hits, and it'll surely live if it's a half decent steel type. A solution I see to fake out though is to put protect on everything, sash on Greninja, and normal gem on Aurorus instead of specs, assuming it still powers up round after refrigerate. Interesting strategy nonetheless.

I'd like to hear more strategies for doubles, rotation, and multi (is there even a strat for this?) since I don't really know if my singles team will work and I want to get all of the trophies eventually. I'll probably give rotation a stab next with my current singles team since it doesn't seem to require any special strategy.

Been lurking this thread for a while, so I signed up, but I've been having some success in super doubles (just beat Evelyn)
Politoad, Ludicolo, Garchomp and Azumarill
Ludicolo basically sweeps through teams when I have Politoad use surf and activate his Absorb Bulb, +1 Ludicolo wrecks
Chomp helps with the Electric attacks, Azumarill just cleans up with CB Aqua Jets

Edit: Just did the mock battle with Imposter Ditto and Frisk Noivern
Raikou - Air Balloon
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
- Protect

Latios - Lax Incense
- Calm Mind
- Luster Purge
- Dragon Pulse
- Recover

Entei - Life Orb
- Stone Edge
- Sacred Fire
- Iron Head
- Protect

Suicune - Lum Berry
- Icy Wind
- Surf
- Blizzard
- Protect

Last edited:
Just a heads up, the Super Singles boss's Tornadus has a moveset of Hurricane, Focus Blast, Substitute and Double Team. Probably the one who will hax your battle the most.

Also Rotation Battles are weird. Sometimes I swear the opponent AI is reading your inputs, and other times it seems like they rotate mons at random.

Edit: Also WHY ARE SO MANY OPPONENTS USING PARAFUSION? Good god it makes battling a slog.

Last edited:
Lost Super Singles Battle 50 to Battle Chatelaine Nita. The advantage is I was still able to save the battle in my VS Recorder & have a mock battle with Imposter Dittos to reveal her set.

Tornadus
-Substitute
-Double Team
-Focus Blast
-Hurricane

Landorus @ Choice Scarf
-Earth Power
-Extrasensory
-Focus Blast
-Grass Knot

Thundurus
-Wild Charge
-U-Turn
-Crunch
-Sky Drop

A combination of Aegislash and Protean Greninja to wall Tornadus until it's out of Hurricane's to use SD & spam Shadow Sneaks, Impostor Ditto to wall Landorus when it switches into Aegislash, double switch back into Aegislash, use King's Shield to lower Crunch's attack, and switch to Greninja to take Thunderus out with Ice Beam, and finally switch back into Aegislash on Landorus's Focus Blast knock it out clean with 2 Iron Heads.

Any flying type Pokemon can do what Impostor Ditto did for me in the mock battle.

You can thank me for this later :p

This is an update to my old post I made awhile ago. I beat the Super Singles leader with the following team:
Greninja - Timid - Protean Focus sash
IVs X/X/X/31/X/31 (Was obtained off Wonder Trade and I just used it since that was all I needed)
Moveset:
- U-Turn (Really wish it was Hasty or better Attack IVs, it could have got more damage in, it OHKO'd an Alakazam and can almost OHKO an Eggxecutor) (Swapped for Protect on leader for prediction)
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot
- Surf

Gengar (ShadowReaver) - Timid - Levitate @Gengarite (Since I had a new sasher I dropped the Destiny Bond Gengar)
IVs 31/X/31/31/31/31 (So many times I was left at 2 HP, I love this Gengar so much, plus it is my favorite Pokemon of all time anyway XD)
Moveset:
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Dazzling Gleam

Garchomp (Transcore) - Jolly - Sand Veil (Wished this was Rough Skin so I will be breeding one later) @Choice Scarf
IVs X/31/31/X/31/31 (I luckily tanked Lanturn's Ice Beam and managed to get an attack in while confused, I would have otherwise lost on about 46)
Moveset:
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw (Wished this was a better coverage move since I lost my streak to a Bronzong with Levitate since Gengar fainted early)
- Rock Slide (Accuracy and flinch hax was amazing)
- Earthquake

Edit: *Clarified what happened*

My type coverage seemed really well, if I saw electric moves/t-waves I would switch in to Garchomp, if I saw Normal/Bug/Fighting moves coming I would switch into Gengar. It worked really well, U-Turn was pretty much a free switch with damage so it helped a lot. The singles leader got destroyed by my team. I Ice Beamed her first Pokemon for a OHKO, switched into Gengar on the scarfer because it was going for Focus Blast, it immediately went back to her last Pokemon which I Shadow Balled and proceeded to do once more for the KO, had Gengar take the hit which was a scarfed Earth Power (I Mega Evolved), then brought Greninja back in to finish the job with Ice Beam with an unbroken sash.

Last edited:
Let me just say...that I just had a battle that I was completely freeze haxed. I won the battle but it went for WAY too long. Aegislash got frozen for like 9 turns and when defrosted for the first time, Cryogonal used one more Ice Beam and it froze me again for like 20 turns! Then when I finally beat it, Shuckle came in with it's Encore Shenanigans...ugh.

I saved the video too...it went for 46 TURNS! P55G-WWWW-WWW2-HUS9

And don't get me started on that Volcarona that ended the previous streak. It was at like 10-15% and it tanked Aegislash's Shadow Sneak. And I have max investment and max IVs on Attack too...

I discovered something cool with local wireless multibattles today. I was trying to unlock the Super Multi Battle by doing the regular one with an AI partner, and got up to battle 20. I interrupted because my brother wanted to try out the 2p Multi Battle with me. He hadn't touched Multi Battle at all before this, and to my surprise, we started where I left off (battle 20). After that battle, we had both received 20 bp and unlocked the Super Multi Battle. So I had basically got him through the entire regular Multi for free. I'm guessing this works for the Super too, just get to 50 on your own and when your friend hops in you can both receive the trophy at 50.

Let me just say...that I just had a battle that I was completely freeze haxed. I won the battle but it went for WAY too long. Aegislash got frozen for like 9 turns and when defrosted for the first time, Cryogonal used one more Ice Beam and it froze me again for like 20 turns! Then when I finally beat it, Shuckle came in with it's Encore Shenanigans...ugh.

I saved the video too...it went for 46 TURNS! P55G-WWWW-WWW2-HUS9

And don't get me started on that Volcarona that ended the previous streak. It was at like 10-15% and it tanked Aegislash's Shadow Sneak. And I have max investment and max IVs on Attack too...
Oh man, I just watched that video, that was painful to see.

I swear the hax is as strong as ever in the BM. Rotation Battles are even worse because of the added luck factor. Lost a decent 25+ streak thanks to the AI reading my rotations and a few WoW misses and Stone misses, while the opponent gets a crit Stone miss...

Funny thing about running into a Gengar in Maison...I forgot what happened exactly, but I status inflicted a Gengar and it used a Lum Berry. So I sent in my Timid Gengar with max speed IVs and proceeded to Mega Evolve and Shadow Ball it. It outsped me and KOd my Gengar. I recorded it on my game but never posted it online yet. When I get the chance I will upload it and you will see what happened. (This is in regards to earlier in the thread with someone losing to a Gengar that outsped them.
Well that is definitely a speed tie. Mega-Evolution doesn't affect speed on the first turn, so it just had the exact same speed stat as you.

Funny thing about running into a Gengar in Maison...I forgot what happened exactly, but I status inflicted a Gengar and it used a Lum Berry. So I sent in my Timid Gengar with max speed IVs and proceeded to Mega Evolve and Shadow Ball it. It outsped me and KOd my Gengar. I recorded it on my game but never posted it online yet. When I get the chance I will upload it and you will see what happened. (This is in regards to earlier in the thread with someone losing to a Gengar that outsped them.
The order moves are used is decided when you select the moves. If the Gengar mega evolves after, then even tho it will have a faster speed, it will not move at that base speed stat until the following turn and instead will move at its original base speed stat. This also means if you paralyze a faster pokemon in a double battle, then your slower pokemon will not outspeed the faster paralyzed opponent pokemon. This is crucial to know in competitive battles.

The order moves are used is decided when you select the moves. If the Gengar mega evolves after, then even tho it will have a faster speed, it will not move at that base speed stat until the following turn and instead will move at its original base speed stat. This also means if you paralyze a faster pokemon in a double battle, then your slower pokemon will not outspeed the faster paralyzed opponent pokemon. This is crucial to know in competitive battles.
I've never done doubles where that ever came up, that's good to know. Thank you.

I see, haven't noticed that... Scarf Eruption Typhlosion partner AI goes pretty well with Charizard Y. Guess I'm gonna try it out later

The triple round strategy posted earlier sounds awesome, I really want to try that out. Only problem I see with it is that 240 bp STAB specs Aurorus will probably kill your adjacent teammate(s) which would be bad if you couldn't finish off the opposing team in one turn. And if you put Aurorus on the side, the mon in the opposing corner will only be getting hit by the 60 (normal) + 120 (fairy) hits, and it'll surely live if it's a half decent steel type. A solution I see to fake out though is to put protect on everything, sash on Greninja, and normal gem on Aurorus instead of specs, assuming it still powers up round after refrigerate. Interesting strategy nonetheless.

I'd like to hear more strategies for doubles, rotation, and multi (is there even a strat for this?) since I don't really know if my singles team will work and I want to get all of the trophies eventually. I'll probably give rotation a stab next with my current singles team since it doesn't seem to require any special strategy.

That round strategy doesn't work, because round only increases in power once. I tried it with the proposed setup and after greninja hit and gardevoir went right after him with priority, aurorus lags behind with his sucky speed and gets KO'd before he can use a 90 bp refrigerated round. I had to find out after EV training him...

And for the Super Singles 50th Battle, use this:

Cloyster Focus sash
Ability: Skill Link
Adamant
31 ATK/SPE IVs
Shell Smash
Icicle Spear
Filler

It outspeeds scarfed Landorus as well. The only scenario where you might lose is if Tornadus uses Double Team in his first 2 turns and you miss your attacks twice in a row... Good luck with that.

Need some ideas on Doubles and Triples... my Trick Room Team with MegaAbom sweeper got crushed.

I just beat Super Singles match 50 with this team:
Greninja @ Life Orb
Timid Protean 31/X/31/31/31/31
Surf/Ice Beam/Grass Knot/U-turn

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Adamant Multi-Scale 31/31/31/X/31/31
Dragon Dance/Dragon Claw/Earthquake/Roost

Gengar @ Leftovers
Timid Levitate 31/X/31/31/31/31
Substitute/Disable/Shadow Ball/Focus Blast

I was wondering if any changes are worth making, such as if Destiny Bond is worth using on Gengar. SubDisable saved me from almost certain defeat when Tornadus dodged Dragonite 3 times and killed it with Hurricanes, and Gengar also helps with the Sucker Punch/Substitute/Will-O-Wisp/Pain Split Spiritombs everywhere. Also, is there any coverage better than Dragon/Ground for Dragonite? Togekiss scares me but I've always had Greninja up when Togekiss comes out.

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Adamant Nature
EVs: 252 Attack / 252 Speed / 6 HP
-Return
-Sucker Punch
-Crunch
-Earthquake

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Adamant nature
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Attack / 6 Def (or SDef or even Speed, I don't remember)
-Shadow Sneak
-Sacred Sword
-Swords Dance
-King's Shield

Azumarill @ Choice Band
-Waterfall
-Rough Play
-Superpower
-Aqua Jet

I use Crunch on Kangaskhan because I'm totally paranoid about Will-O-Wisp ghost types, altough I have to admit that Fake Out or Power Up Punch could've been really useful a ton of times. You may prefer to use one of those moves instead.

Aegislash can setup very easily against the AI. If a choiced mon uses a move that it resists, congratulations, you won! You can even setup on super effective moves if the situation calls for it. Remember that, if Shadow Sneak isn't a OHKO, it's better to use a slow Sacred Sword (so you take that hit on Shield Forme) and then follow with a Shadow Sneak. This is really basic when using him, but it's really key in the maison. The AI isn't prepared to deal with King's Shield and Stance Change, so you can easily exploit it.

Azumarill is basically a "get out of jail free" card with CB Aqua Jet. It's also the team's best answer to bulky Ground types and the few problematic Rock-types, such as Armaldo (has Superpower to hit Kangaskhan, is neutral to EQ, has own EQ to hit Aegislash) and Terrakion (Close Combat+EQ beat the other two members of the team).
Thanks for like... all of that lol. I'll try some of it out thanks!

I finally got the 50 with this team:

Gengar Focus sash
Timid Nature
252 SpA / 252 Speed

- Sludge Bomb
- Shadow Ball
- Destiny Bond
- Sucker Punch

Magnezone Choice Specs
ANALYTIC
Modest Nature
252 HP / 252 SpA

- TB
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- HP (Dragon -_-)

Gyarados @Gyaradosnite
Adamant Nature
108 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Speed

- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang
- EQ

Ok so basically, Gengar kills at least one with Destiny Bond. If I have a type disadvantage against the first Pokemon I just switch to Magnezone or Gyarados who cover each others' weaknesses perfectly. Sucker Punch is to ensure KOs against other Focus Sash leads who have priority moves. Saved my ass numerous times - besides, I didn't want to rely on Focus Miss. I didn't need Thunderbolt or Dazzling Gleam either because whenever some bulky water or dark type came in, I could just switch in to Gyarados and set-up freely.

Analytic Magnezone is a fucking beast and oneshots pretty much everything if it survives. Even Raikou gets cleanly 2HKOed by TB. It literally won me the game against a White Herb Typhlosion who critted my Gyarados with Solar Beam because it survived a Lava Plume and koed back with Thunderbolt. HP Dragon was never used, I just ran out of ideas. Thunder Wave would work as well if you can ensure the revenge kill on something.

Gyarados is easily the best member on this team. You can outplay the AI like mad by forfeiting your Flying Type for Dark which reduces your Electric weakness or also makes you immune against Psychic and resistant against Ghost / Dark. All moves which would threaten Gengar. HOWEVER the AI SOMETIMES guesses correctly and uses moves like Superpower on the first turn against it, where Gyarados is still Flying type and it wouldn't make much sense - knowing well that I would evolve it into a Dark type to resist the incoming Dark/Psychic/Ghost move.

Gyrados won me the match against the Chatelaine as well. I had to sacrifice Gengar to lock Scarf Landorus into Extrasensory which allowed me two turns to set up DD with Gyara because I simply megaevolved it and made it immune to Psychic.

All in all it's a pretty fun team because the types harmonize so well with each other, however it may not be as good as all the M-Mawile/Kangashkan, Aegislash, etc. teams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)