Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a bit of work getting so many Pokemon to Lv81 though.
Don't wanna be flat out argumentative but it's really not that bad. Grab one of your strong pokes, get 5 pickupers to level, head over to the Battle Chateau and send out whatever you can from Silver/Gold/Black writs. Use O-Powers when you can for Exp or Money.

If you can send out Black Writs you can really rake it in.

Yeah. Fair play. I guess the issue for me is that I could be spending that time training my competitive Pokes, rather than these silly squirrels.

Where can I calculate how EVs will match up in the new forced lvl50 meta? In particular I have a bulky timid volcarona, will 16 speed EVs still be enough to outspeed base 130s at +1 and scarfed 110s at +2, or do I need to bump it to 20? If I have to bump it, will taking 4 out of hp still let me live through SR twice(not that I plan on letting it be up)/get the most from roost?

EDIT: Found marriland's calc, which is not the easiest to use but got the job done aside from this: Do stat boosts Floor, Ceiling, or round after the x1.5?

Last edited:
Are we aware how Hidden Power is calculated this generation? I'd like to breed a 5max Eevee (all but attack) to have either Fire or Ground, but I'm not sure if that's possible just by having varying attack stat values.

Where can I calculate how EVs will match up in the new forced lvl50 meta? In particular I have a bulky timid volcarona, will 16 speed EVs still be enough to outspeed base 130s at +1 and scarfed 110s at +2, or do I need to bump it to 20? If I have to bump it, will taking 4 out of hp still let me live through SR twice(not that I plan on letting it be up)/get the most from roost?

EDIT: Found marriland's calc, which is not the easiest to use but got the job done aside from this: Do stat boosts Floor, Ceiling, or round after the x1.5?
I'm pretty sure they get floored and not rounded.

(on a side note, if you're investing at least 116 EVs in SpAtk and only ~20 in speed then it's better to run Modest instead of Timid, i.e. 116/20+ has the same SpAtk/Spe than 0+/116 but saves 20 EVs)

I'm pretty sure they get floored and not rounded.

(on a side note, if you're investing at least 116 EVs in SpAtk and only ~20 in speed then it's better to run Modest instead of Timid, i.e. 116/20+ has the same SpAtk/Spe than 0+/116 but saves 20 EVs)
Good info, thanks for you time. However, I'm investing hp+def with roost+lefties (and maybe screens support) to set up more easily. I figure getting an extra QD more than makes up for not investing spA.

Is there anywhere that confirms how much a boost Grass Pelt gives to Gogoat's Defense in Grassy Terrain? The only number I've seen is 50%, and I don't even remember where that was.

Does using Sketch online save the copied move after you get offline?

Trying to figure out the best way to breed Wish on Eevee. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Does using Sketch online save the copied move after you get offline?

Trying to figure out the best way to breed Wish on Eevee. Any suggestions?
It does not. Your team reverts to the state it was before you saved, this includes any single-use items, and moves learned through Sketch. You're best off getting a Togetic with Wish and breeding it to a Pikachu/Skitty, and then to the Eevee.

Last edited:
Hey, I just had a quick question, dunno if someone can explain this to me, but I just played a match against some guy with Talonflame, and I used sucker punch, which usually has priority, and it went second, then I used Aqua Jet, still with priority and it went second. No set up moves or anything were used, it went just as described. How was the Brave Bird able to outspeed my priority moves?

Hey, I just had a quick question, dunno if someone can explain this to me, but I just played a match against some guy with Talonflame, and I used sucker punch, which usually has priority, and it went second, then I used Aqua Jet, still with priority and it went second. No set up moves or anything were used, it went just as described. How was the Brave Bird able to outspeed my priority moves?
Talonflame has the hidden ability "Gale Wings" which gives flying moves priority. Since Talonflame was apparently faster than your 'mon, his priority move went first.

I'm curious, does a Mega pokemon still hold the stone after Mega-evolution? Say for example, Mega Kangaskhan switches out and into Florges holding Kings rock, would Kings rock go to the Mega if you switched to them?

Well a 31 speed iv is mandatory on any attacking pokemon [which you might have(i personally wouldn't go through all the time soft resetting so i'd keep it)]. It also needs a high ev in Spa which it has. The other ones arent really as mandatory.
Use this set: (you might need to change the evs because it works differently at level 50 depending on ivs)
Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 192 HP / 252 SpA / 64 Spe
Modest Nature (+SpA, -Atk)
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Substitute
- Hidden Power Fire (If your ivs let you) / Focus Blast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)