Battle Maison Discussion & Records

That round strategy doesn't work, because round only increases in power once. I tried it with the proposed setup and after greninja hit and gardevoir went right after him with priority, aurorus lags behind with his sucky speed and gets KO'd before he can use a 90 bp refrigerated round. I had to find out after EV training him...
It doesn't work? Damn, it sounded so cool with the 3 types and the super powerful last hit. :/

Maybe the idea is still salvageable with a setup like Mega Gardevoir - Aurorus - (some 4x ice resist). 120 STAB * 1.3 ability boost (it gets that right?) still sounds pretty good to me, although it's probably still worse than the cliched weather + spread move teams. You'd still be weak to steel though. Just throwing out an idea. I have no real knowledge of doubles/triples but I want to go in with something that I think will work at least.

I was wondering if any changes are worth making, such as if Destiny Bond is worth using on Gengar.
Destiny bond on Gengar is great in the super singles IMO, especially if you have a sash. It's saved me a ton of times against mons my other two couldn't beat. It allows you to run more coverage than you could with sub/disable too, but I'm not really sure what you can't beat anymore without sub/disable. I wouldn't even touch focus blast when your streak is so reliant on consistency, despite the coverage it gives, but I guess that's up to you. I've been running dual stab + dazzling gleam + destiny bond and it works well enough for me.

just won the battle maison with this team

Dragonite (weakness policy)
multiscale
adamant nature
-dragon dance
-fire punch
-earthquake
-dragon claw

charizard (charizardite y)
timid nature
-flamethrower
-solarbeam
-focus blast
-air slash

Aegislash (spooky plate)
adamant nature
-kings shield
-swords dance
-iron head
-shadow sneak

basically i would start with dragonite, pretty much get a free dragon dance due to multiscale, and if im hit by a rock, dragon or weak ice move it will trigger weakness policy. from there i just tried to kill whatever i could and switch out to aegislash when i was going to get hit by a blizzard or ice beam.
mega charizard y was just there as a special sweeper and solar beam works as great coverage from pesky rock and water types thanks to drought
aegislash was one of the pokemon that i used throughout the game, its amazing kings shield deals with physical attackers, swords dance is a great boosting move and shadow sneak for priority is just amazing

I just absolutely destroyed Super Multi Battles. My AI partner Scarf Eruption Typhlosion is simply overpowered with Drought.
Most of the time I am not even able to attack as it one shots both opponent Pokemon and 4-0s them alone.
Not only that, Timid Latios is his other Pokemon. LOL
Reached 50 win streak in just 2 tries. (I got wrecked by a critical hit Rock Slide and caught off guard by Wide Guard in my first try though)

Unfortunately, I'm not able to get the Chatelaine Pokemon moveset as, like I said,
Typhlosion one shots them LOL and mock battles are not available for multi battles.

Nita
Virizion
Cobalion

Morgan
Tornadus @ Prankster
-Double Team

Thundurus

Man, you really lucked out with that partner. I imagine if we got a list of the stuff that has wide guard you could go pretty far.

Also can't wait to transfer my own scarflosion when Pokebank comes out!

Man, you really lucked out with that partner. I imagine if we got a list of the stuff that has wide guard you could go pretty far.

Also can't wait to transfer my own scarflosion when Pokebank comes out!
Wide guard is the bane of our team.

Yea me too. I'm thinking of switching Scarf to Specs with Tailwind and Drought support + attacking Typhlosion with a fire move on triples. Just imagine what Eruption would do with all those buffs.

Though I don't think it would get that far as it is easily counterable by Wide Guard, Flash Fire, Sturdy, priority, etc. but it is definitely a fun way to play triples. One shotting opponent's team xD

Was not aware that Milotic has Competitive now. Almost screwed me over, since I've got two intimidate users on my team.

Lost at 45 to a drifblim of all things, though. It survived a shadow ball and used hypnosis, Gengar is dead weight. It kept spamming destiny bond so I couldn't just flat out kill it with mawile, and then when it finally ran out of PP it used hypnosis (which obviously hit). Couldn't recover after losing him that early. I know this team can do it, though, so I'm going to try again.

Gengar @ Focus Sash
Levitate
Timid, 6 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
-Destiny Bond
-Sludge Bomb
-Shadow Ball
-Dazzling Gleam (going to swap to thunderbolt after that milotic scare)

Mawile @ Mawilite
Intimidate
Adamant, 252 HP/252 Atk/6 SpD
-Swords Dance
-Brick Break
-Sucker Punch
-Play Rough

Salamence @ Choice Specs
Intimidate
Naive, 6 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
-Dragon Pulse
-Draco Meteor
-Fire Blast
-Hydro Pump

Figured I'd give Gengar a go and I am not disappointed. Easily gives me at least a 2-1 advantage 75% of battles, leaving Mence to nuke whatever remains. The Maison also loves throwing grass types around, so he was able to even sweep several teams with Sludge Bomb. Not sure if Mawile is a better lead, so I will be trying that out next, but Mawile is great for whenever I get put into a 2-2 situation, because +2 Sucker Punch is crazy strong. Here's hoping this next pass through is less heart breaking.

Super Rotation Battles are annoying the everliving crap out of me. I'm on my fifth attempt right now. The AI is so random at times, and at times it feels like they're reading your inputs when switching or not switching.

First tried MegaAmpharos, but she's too slow to do much. Now trying MegaBlaziken, but even he is giving mixed results.

The enemy team compositions are annoying too. I want to spam Hi Jump Kick to get rid of two Normal/Rock Types? But wait, there's a Ghost on the team too. Want to get rid of annoying Psychics/Ghosts with Aegislash's Shadow Sneak? But wait, there's a Normal Type enemy too, careful of that. SO. ANNOYING.

Edit: JUST GOT FREEZEHAXED BY A FUCKING CRYOGONAL. Froze two of my guys, just when I was going to freaking Heal Bell too. AND I STAYED FROZEN FOR LIKE 10+ TURNS. Also fuck Slowbro, it's always there to stop my MBlaziken from killing everything.

Battle of hax here: B3YG-WWWW-WWW2-JCCU

Sigh... sixth try. Here goes.

Also the amount of enemy mons that use Swagger/Confuse Ray/something that induces confusion is maddening. But if we confuse them, they don't give a crap... I hate the AI.

Last edited:
Super Rotation Battles are annoying the everliving crap out of me. I'm on my fifth attempt right now. The AI is so random at times, and at times it feels like they're reading your inputs when switching or not switching.

First tried MegaAmpharos, but she's too slow to do much. Now trying MegaBlaziken, but even he is giving mixed results.

The enemy team compositions are annoying too. I want to spam Hi Jump Kick to get rid of two Normal/Rock Types? But wait, there's a Ghost on the team too. Want to get rid of annoying Psychics/Ghosts with Aegislash's Shadow Sneak? But wait, there's a Normal Type enemy too, careful of that. SO. ANNOYING.

Edit: JUST GOT FREEZEHAXED BY A FUCKING CRYOGONAL. Froze two of my guys, just when I was going to freaking Heal Bell too. AND I STAYED FROZEN FOR LIKE 10+ TURNS. Also fuck Slowbro, it's always there to stop my MBlaziken from killing everything.

Battle of hax here: B3YG-WWWW-WWW2-JCCU

Sigh... sixth try. Here goes.

Also the amount of enemy mons that use Swagger/Confuse Ray/something that induces confusion is maddening. But if we confuse them, they don't give a crap... I hate the AI.
That's just, sad...
I tried rotation only once, lost on the 3rd battle LOL although I'm using a crappy team that time.
But I don't think it matters anyway because luck is the key in this game. Gotta push it sometimes.
It seems rotation is going to be the hardest one to beat

That round strategy doesn't work, because round only increases in power once. I tried it with the proposed setup and after greninja hit and gardevoir went right after him with priority, aurorus lags behind with his sucky speed and gets KO'd before he can use a 90 bp refrigerated round. I had to find out after EV training him...
I also found this out the hard way after breeding and training an aurorus

Lost at 45 to a drifblim of all things, though. It survived a shadow ball and used hypnosis, Gengar is dead weight. It kept spamming destiny bond so I couldn't just flat out kill it with mawile, and then when it finally ran out of PP it used hypnosis (which obviously hit). Couldn't recover after losing him that early. I know this team can do it, though, so I'm going to try again.
Drifblim is awful, no kidding. Every time it's come up it's been a close match for my team. Its movesets are so annoying, and to be fair it is strong against most of my current team. Hopefully my new Hydreigon will get revenge if I see that stupid balloon again.

I'm currently on the 19th battle in the normal single battles.(I just started) And I am using a Exeggutor/Simipour/Blaziken core and its workign just fine, although I can destroy just about everything with Exeggutor or Simipour. Exeggutor,Simipour and Blaziken all are EV trained, making it a million times easier to plow through this. I have a team of 6 EV trained mons, but it includes Xerneas, so I can't use him.

My sets and natures aren't perfect right now so yeah.
Exeggutor@Leftovers
Nature : Modest
EV's : 200 HP/252 atk/52 or 54 speed
Moves :
-Sludge Bomb
-Psyshock
-Leaf Storm
-Sunny Day

And then my Simipour,who doesn't have an item yet, probably preferably leftovers again.
Simipour@(none right now)
Nature : Timid
EV's : 252 sp. atk/252 speed/4 def
Moves :
-Nasty Plot
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Acrobatics(until I get better move)

And finally Mega Blaziken, who destroys everything in existence.

Blaziken@Blazikenite
Nature : Brave(couldn't find a better one atm)
EV:'s 252 atk/252 speed
Moves :
-Bulk Up
-Protect
-Brave Bird
-Flare Blitz

This has been working pretty well, for me as I said before, with most of the teams being destroyed by Exeggutor along, although some times the battle mason is rediculous, like how does a Poochyena outspeed my Exeggutor, and I'm like Wha ? Because apparently in the battle maison, the only pokemon to truly outspeed everything is Simipour,because of his really high speed.(mine's a guy,even thought he looks liek a supermodel)

I.

Hate.

Rotation Battles.

Lost at around the 45th match due to two Calm Mind Ninetales and Chandelure. To be fair, I could have won that match, had I not accidentally pressed Return with MKangaskhan instead of Earthquake, which whiffed against Chandelure and allowed it to KO my MKangaskhan. Still, I'm annoyed because if those two weren't Calm Minders, my Sylveon could have handled them both. Oh, and My Sylveon got burned by a Flamethrower too, so I was screwed then too.

I gave up on MBlaziken because of the prevalence of Slowbro, and used MKangaskhan instead. It goes against my principles of using a different Mega Evolution every Super line (MMawile in Singles, MKangaskhan in Doubles) but screw it I'm annoyed. Surprisingly, MKangaskhan has been beasting it up in Rotation Battles far better than MAmpharos or MBlaziken ever could have. I suspect it's the bulk (Bulkier than MBlaziken and doesn't have to worry about recoil), the speed (faster than MAmpharos). and the immediate power (MBlaziken either needs a Swords Dance or a Speed Boost first, and MAmpharos needs an Agility to outspeed certain threats). Also the typing is really good, only weak against Fighting, which is easily covered by my Aegislash.

Problem is that I start to run against all Ghost teams later on in the line, and MKangaskhan doesn't have Scrappy anymore. Which is fine most of the time, because it gets Earthquake, but Gengar is a problem. I can try to Sucker Punch it, but most of the time they try and Hypnosis instead.

I'm currently running a team of MKangaskhan, Aegislash, and Chimecho, with the fourth member constantly being switched out because I can't decide who to use. Every time I use a fourth mon, it always seems like I run into a situation where they're my last mon and they suck against the enemy matchup. I tried Sylveon last run thanks to Wish passing and great defenses, but Calm Minders just tank her hits and run her over. I tried Azumarill before, but I always seem to run into a bazillion Grass Types. I've tried Talonflame with Flare Blitz, Brave Bird, Roost and Will o Wisp, but WoW always seems to miss and costs me the match. I'm currently at a loss as to what would go best with my core three (MKangaskhan blows giant holes in the enemy team, Aegislash kills Ghosts and can set up to +6 to sweep, Chimecho is my cleric to get rid of stupid Burn, Sleep, Paralyze statuses).

Who are you calling a stupid balloon ;^;
Stop haxing my Pokemon to death! Every set has one of Memento, Hypnosis or Destiny Bond. Drifblim is so fast that it always does one of these! And it can have Aftermath too...

I'm currently running a team of MKangaskhan, Aegislash, and Chimecho, with the fourth member constantly being switched out because I can't decide who to use.
Maybe a Dark type? Less problem with ghosts perhaps.

Last edited:
I.

Hate.

Rotation Battles.

Lost at around the 45th match due to two Calm Mind Ninetales and Chandelure. To be fair, I could have won that match, had I not accidentally pressed Return with MKangaskhan instead of Earthquake, which whiffed against Chandelure and allowed it to KO my MKangaskhan. Still, I'm annoyed because if those two weren't Calm Minders, my Sylveon could have handled them both. Oh, and My Sylveon got burned by a Flamethrower too, so I was screwed then too.

I gave up on MBlaziken because of the prevalence of Slowbro, and used MKangaskhan instead. It goes against my principles of using a different Mega Evolution every Super line (MMawile in Singles, MKangaskhan in Doubles) but screw it I'm annoyed. Surprisingly, MKangaskhan has been beasting it up in Rotation Battles far better than MAmpharos or MBlaziken ever could have. I suspect it's the bulk (Bulkier than MBlaziken and doesn't have to worry about recoil), the speed (faster than MAmpharos). and the immediate power (MBlaziken either needs a Swords Dance or a Speed Boost first, and MAmpharos needs an Agility to outspeed certain threats). Also the typing is really good, only weak against Fighting, which is easily covered by my Aegislash.

Problem is that I start to run against all Ghost teams later on in the line, and MKangaskhan doesn't have Scrappy anymore. Which is fine most of the time, because it gets Earthquake, but Gengar is a problem. I can try to Sucker Punch it, but most of the time they try and Hypnosis instead.

I'm currently running a team of MKangaskhan, Aegislash, and Chimecho, with the fourth member constantly being switched out because I can't decide who to use. Every time I use a fourth mon, it always seems like I run into a situation where they're my last mon and they suck against the enemy matchup. I tried Sylveon last run thanks to Wish passing and great defenses, but Calm Minders just tank her hits and run her over. I tried Azumarill before, but I always seem to run into a bazillion Grass Types. I've tried Talonflame with Flare Blitz, Brave Bird, Roost and Will o Wisp, but WoW always seems to miss and costs me the match. I'm currently at a loss as to what would go best with my core three (MKangaskhan blows giant holes in the enemy team, Aegislash kills Ghosts and can set up to +6 to sweep, Chimecho is my cleric to get rid of stupid Burn, Sleep, Paralyze statuses).

Just keep trying man. I'm on my fourth try now. Lost 3 times at rounds 3x. And I have yet to see any ace/veteran trainers. It's so difficult and frustrating (or maybe my team is just that weak LOL). But the AI is definitely cheating. I saved a couple of videos where they predicted my moves each and every time. Will upload them when I get home.

I have switched teams because it has lots of weaknesses and there is this setup that seriously fucks me up. In fact I lost to the same setup twice in a row. Aerodactyle, Staraptor, I forgot the other one it's in the replay but it has superpower. Charizard, Snorlax and Greninja are my lead pokes. Whatever I do, the AI counters my moves. One time, I switched to Snorlax, the AI switched to its Scarf Staraptor and one shots me with a critical hit Close Combat. The other one, I stayed with Charizard and the AI stayed with Aerodactyl and one shots me with Rock Slide. Switched then to Greninja, and got destroyed by Scarf Close Combat. Damn. It's pretty much GG if they show up so I replaced Greninja with Azumarill.

I hope someone will post a team here that can overpower any setup even if the AI cheats... xD

I've been trying to do Super Singles, but I'm seriously considering boxing Merlin the Delphox; a shame, because it's such a fun strategy to use, but more often than not he gets OHKO'd. MKangaskhan continues to be a total beast with Power-up punch and Return, though.
And Noivern?
I finally got around to breeding one with a +SpA nature and 31 IVs in SpA (First try and purely by chance!). So theoretically it should hit hard, right?
WRONG.
It must have CRAP speed IVs, since the amount of things it gets outsped by is embarrassing. I really expected more from 129 (?) base speed. I'll stick with him though, until Pokebank comes out and I can transfer over my perfect IV dittos.

So my sets are:

Liz and Amy (Kangaskhan) @ Kangaskhanite
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Scrappy/Parental Bond
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spe
Power-up Punch
Return
Earthquake
Crunch (Sucker punch's 5 PP screwed me over more times than the move helped)

Noivern @ Life Orb
Nature: Mild (IIRC)
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 Def
Boomburst
U-turn
Air Slash
Draco Meteor
Retired:
Merlin (Delphox) @ nothing
Nature: Modest
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 HP
Flamethrower
Will-o-wisp (The reason I lost is because it missed twice in a row against a Metagross)
Grass Knot
Psyshock

Once I come up with another 3rd team member (that is not Aegislash; I flat out refuse to use him), I'll post updates.

Once more note: I'm having trouble coming up with a good nickname for Noivern. Any suggestions?

My glorious 57 battle streak recently came to an end.

I led off with Mawile against an opposing Machamp. I intimidate it, then switch out to Gengar to avoid a Dynamic Punch or whatever to the dome. Instead he goes for Prtoect and his born orb activated. Oh, okay then, I thought. I made a foolish mistake and left in Gengar to Sludge Bomb the Machamp, not considering the likelyhood that he had Payback, which demolished Gengar.

So back out to Mawile then. Machamp gets intimated again, putting it at what is essentially -1, meaning I can Mega Evolve and use Swords Dance with impunity. Which I attempt to do, only to be critted and OHKO'd with Earthquake.

So then Noivern has to come in and chance a Hurricane miss, which thankfully doesn't happen. So then the AI sends out Emboar and I'm all like "This motherfucker only has Fighting-types? I still have a chance!"
I use Hurricane. I miss.
He uses Focus Blast (!). He hits. He gets a SpD drop.
I use Hurricane. I miss.
He uses Focus Blast. He hits. I die.

So yeah. Just thought I'd rant about that for a moment.

I've been trying to do Super Singles, but I'm seriously considering boxing Merlin the Delphox; a shame, because it's such a fun strategy to use, but more often than not he gets OHKO'd. MKangaskhan continues to be a total beast with Power-up punch and Return, though.
And Noivern?
I finally got around to breeding one with a +SpA nature and 31 IVs in SpA (First try and purely by chance!). So theoretically it should hit hard, right?
WRONG.
It must have CRAP speed IVs, since the amount of things it gets outsped by is embarrassing. I really expected more from 129 (?) base speed. I'll stick with him though, until Pokebank comes out and I can transfer over my perfect IV dittos.

So my sets are:

Liz and Amy (Kangaskhan) @ Kangaskhanite
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Scrappy/Parental Bond
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spe
Power-up Punch
Return
Earthquake
Crunch (Sucker punch's 5 PP screwed me over more times than the move helped)

Noivern @ Life Orb
Nature: Mild (IIRC)
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 Def
Boomburst
U-turn
Air Slash
Draco Meteor
Retired:
Merlin (Delphox) @ nothing
Nature: Modest
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 HP
Flamethrower
Will-o-wisp (The reason I lost is because it missed twice in a row against a Metagross)
Grass Knot
Psyshock

Once I come up with another 3rd team member (that is not Aegislash; I flat out refuse to use him), I'll post updates.

Once more note: I'm having trouble coming up with a good nickname for Noivern. Any suggestions?
Maybe consider Talonflame for your third spot? I don't know, I'm just trying to think of another Fire-type Pokemon who's also immune to Ground (I've found Ground-type immunities to be the most essential in the Battle Maison).

Also, nickname your Noivern Bass Cannon.

LOVE the nickname! I am definitely using that. And I'll try Talonflame out as well assuming I can get one with Gale Wings... To the Friend Safari!

Finally, this is my team, I changed Mawile for Gyarados:

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
Return
Fake Out
Earthquake
Sucker Punch

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Adamant
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 Def
-King's Shield
-Swords Dance
-Shadow Sneak
-Sacred Sword

Gengar @ Focus Sash
Timid
EVs: 252 Spd, 252 SAtk, 4 HP
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Dazzling Gleam
- Destiny Bond

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Jolly
With Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 SDef
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Dragon Claw

Gyarados @ Lum Berry
Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Earthquake
-Ice Fang

Azumarill @ Splash Plate
Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 HP, 4 SDef
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Superpower

Can you recommend me which of them use for Singles and which for Doubles?
Thank you!

Last edited:
Lost again in Rotation to Choice Scarf/Choice Band HA Tyrantrum, Rhyperior, Tyranitar, Probopass. This time in the late 40s.
I am raging right now. 3 losses in the 30s and 3 losses in the late 40s. DAMN IT.
There just comes a situation where the AI team completely counters your set.
My team - Charizard Y, Azumarill, Snorlax, Talonflame got completely dominated. Tyrantrum Head Smash one freakin shotted my Snorlax. WTF? And no recoil WTF? HA. From there I knew I already lost.

To be fair I've gotten past 5-6 Veteran trainers who all used legendaries, and some were not even close.
The last one is simply a direct counter.

I am thinking of completely revising my team, gonna use Pseudo Legendary combinations? Garchomp/Dragonite + Metagross etc... But I am at a loss right now.

Been wondering a few things, Specifically about these (they aren't a team mind you):
Set name: Grimlock smash!

Grimlock (Tyrantrum)@Weakness Policy
Jolly Nature
4hp 252atk 252spe
Rock Slide/Stone Edge (SE for 1v1, Slide for 2v2)
Earthquake
Ice Fang
Dragon Dance

Basically you DD once and kill everything, nuff said. Anything not scarfed will be outsped and likely OHKOed. Slide is there since I am considering this monster for 2v2 as the main attacker (since it gets 2 spread attacks and can boost to borderline infinity. Policy makes this thing REALLY scary since it can take one SE priority hit (especially since most are physical) and go nuts. (and oh how I wish rock head was legal...) Ice fang for Gliscor/Lando/Dragons (and it gets the strong jaw boost).

Now for something just as scary:

Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
4hp 252atk 252spe
Jolly Nature
Crunch
Stone Edge/Rock Slide (same reasons as above)
Earthquake
Dragon Dance

Like Tyrantrum, but it eats up the mega slot (aka no Mega-Godziken lol) and cant use weakness policy. But it is MUCH bulkier and brings the sand. Moveset is self-explanatory (Dual STAB and EdgeQuake). It literally has the exact same speed as Tyrantrum so 1 DD outspeeds anything unboosted.

And lastly:

Galvantula @ Focus Sash
Compundeyes
Timid Nature
4def 252satk 252spe
Thunder
Bug Buzz
Energy Ball
Sticky Web

I have been thinking about this fella for support since there are some (but not many) Scarfers in the Maison from what I have heard. That and I do not want to get trolled by Electrode (with Twave).

The Galv is...weird to be honest, but I like the idea of web in the Maison. On the note of scarfers, are there any in the Maison? What pokes are they?

EDIT: also wanted to ask how you unlock more music. Not that I don't like the Gym Leader theme (it's my second-favorite track), but still.

Maybe a Dark type? Less problem with ghosts perhaps.
I had considered that, but seeing that the Rotation Battle boss has a team of the three Musketeer mons (all part Fighting type) and MKangaskhan is already weak to Fighting, it doesn't seem like a good idea. What I really want is a fast Fairy Type, perhaps a Fairy/Dark type or something. I considered Gardevoir, but my team is already Ghost weak as it is lol. Maybe I'll try Wigglytuff? >_>

Lost again in Rotation to Choice Scarf/Choice Band HA Tyrantrum, Rhyperior, Tyranitar, Probopass. This time in the late 40s.
I am raging right now. 3 losses in the 30s and 3 losses in the late 40s. DAMN IT.
There just comes a situation where the AI team completely counters your set.
My team - Charizard Y, Azumarill, Snorlax, Talonflame got completely dominated. Tyrantrum Head Smash one freakin shotted my Snorlax. WTF? And no recoil WTF? HA. From there I knew I already lost.

To be fair I've gotten past 5-6 Veteran trainers who all used legendaries, and some were not even close.
The last one is simply a direct counter.

I am thinking of completely revising my team, gonna use Pseudo Legendary combinations? Garchomp/Dragonite + Metagross etc... But I am at a loss right now.
You might want to try and have at least one of your members be a general wall to soak up damage. Snorlax is awesome, but is slow as molasses and is weak on the physical side. And if you're using Charizard Y, you might also consider using Chlorophyll abusers to outspeed the enemy team. Anyway, Bulk goes a long way in Rotation Battles, as I've found out, since a lot of the time your mons will be eating a stray hit due to opponent rotating shenanigans. That's why I replaced MBlaziken with MKangaskhan because MBlaziken's defenses were crap and recoil from Flare Blitz didn't help much either. Priority moves are useful as well. I swear though, although the AI sometimes cheats, it also seems like they don't and just switch or not switch randomly. My Aegislash has been the target of multiple Bulldozes in a row from an enemy mon even though it has Air Balloon lol. And seriously, because you can't switch mons easily, everyone and their mother runs Confusion in Super Rotation Battles. It gets old really quick.

You might want to try and have at least one of your members be a general wall to soak up damage. Snorlax is awesome, but is slow as molasses and is weak on the physical side. And if you're using Charizard Y, you might also consider using Chlorophyll abusers to outspeed the enemy team. Anyway, Bulk goes a long way in Rotation Battles, as I've found out, since a lot of the time your mons will be eating a stray hit due to opponent rotating shenanigans. That's why I replaced MBlaziken with MKangaskhan because MBlaziken's defenses were crap and recoil from Flare Blitz didn't help much either. Priority moves are useful as well. I swear though, although the AI sometimes cheats, it also seems like they don't and just switch or not switch randomly. My Aegislash has been the target of multiple Bulldozes in a row from an enemy mon even though it has Air Balloon lol. And seriously, because you can't switch mons easily, everyone and their mother runs Confusion in Super Rotation Battles. It gets old really quick.
Did you get to beat it?
If you did, I'd just copy your team. I'd also like to know the checks you managed to pass, if there are any...

I'm going to start breeding other Pokes now. Time to revise.
I'm going to give my team one last chance though. xD

Did you get to beat it?
If you did, I'd just copy your team. I'd also like to know the checks you managed to pass, if there are any...

I'm going to start breeding other Pokes now. Time to revise.
I'm going to give my team one last chance though. xD
LOL, god I wish I'd beaten it. Currently seeing if I can raise a Clefable/Slurpuff and see where that takes me.

I currently have 71 streaks in Super Doubles and still going:

Garchomp @ Yache Berry
Jolly
Rough Skin
6 HP/ 252 ATK/ 252 SPE
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Protect

Gengar @ Focus Sash
Timid
Levitate
6 HP/ 252 SP.ATK/ 252 SPE
-Shadow Ball
-Sludge Bomb
-Dazzling Gleam/ Thunderbolt
-Protect

Gyarados @ Sitrus Berry
Adamant
Intimidate
6 HP/ 252 ATK/ 252 SPE
-Waterfall
-Ice Fang
-Earthquake
-Dragon Dance

Scizor @ Scizorite
Adamant
Technician
252 HP/ 252 ATK/ 6 SP.DEF
-Bullet Punch
-X-scissor
-Brick Break
-Protect

There's.... not much strategy involved. 2 fast sweepers as in Garchomp and Gengar lead, Gengar hits something hardly enough with Garchomp freely earthquaking thanks to the latter's immunity to Ground. Gyarados is an extremely solid backup with its great resistances and intimidate. Couldn't find another versatile water-type that's great as him other than Azumarill, but I liked the intimidate and immunity to ground better. MegaScizor cleans stuff whenever something goes wrong (first time using it too). I didn't use Metagross this time unlike in Gen 5 because of its new weaknesses to Dark and Ghost, which Gengar is already weak to.

That 50th Super Doubles boss battle was an EXTREMELY close call. Had Gengar not survived the Shadow Ball Raikou + Icy Wind Suicune with only 2 HP, this would have been the end for me since it needed to pop Raikou's Air Balloon for Garchomp to kill it with EQ. and it was slower due to Icy Wind slow drop. The opponent also switched Suicune to Latios during that same turn, so it didn't get another free shot on my -1 speed leads from its Blizzard/Icy wind spam.

I changed Gengar's Dazzling Gleam to Thunderbolt after just realizing I had no moves SE against water that gave the team problems especially that stupid Vaporeon with spamming Blizzards.

Overall, it was really fun going with this team and didn't know I would be getting this far on that team the first time.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)