Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Have you activated the post game quest to activate them appearing?

Beat your rival in Kiloude and they tell you to head to Anistar. After speaking with Sycamore there, he says that they only appear between 8pm and 9pm and dazzle brightly. You can ONLY find them between these times iirc.
Ah ok, I was wondering why I hadn't been prompted to do anything yet, I'm used to NPCs flocking at you telling where to go post-game (BW2 Alder telling you to do Black Tower/White Treehollow, DPPt being sent to the Fight area, being told of Lati@s in RSE...), I got sent to Kiloude then nothing has happened since which was kinda weird. Guess I'll go destroy Serena and find me some mega stones. Thanks

Can Sky Battles or any other new battle styles be conducted over wireless/Wi-Fi? I know that Inverse Battles unfortunately can't, but not sure about others.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Can Sky Battles or any other new battle styles be conducted over wireless/Wi-Fi? I know that Inverse Battles unfortunately can't, but not sure about others.
Nope! Single, Double, Triple, and Rotation are the only available options.

When someone goes online and their message pops up on the lower screen, sometimes the person's name has a red background and other times it's blue. Do the different colors have any significant meaning?

Last edited:

Stone RG

Megas are broke
So, since im kinda outadated to the XY discoveries, can someone tell me if the Dittos you find in XY count for the ''no egg group'' rule of the 2 bases stats with 31 IVs?

And as a side question, does Pokerus spread just like in previous generations?

So, since im kinda outadated to the XY discoveries, can someone tell me if the Dittos you find in XY count for the ''no egg group'' rule of the 2 bases stats with 31 IVs?

Dittos you find in the Friend Safari are subject to the Friend Safari rule: All pokemon found there have at least 2 perfect IVs.

I think i souldve been more specific, do the Dittos found in Pokemon Village have the 2 bases stat with 31 IVs?
...I completely forgot that you could find Dittos in the Village.

I actually don't know that answer, though I would assume they don't because why would people be clamoring for Ditto Friend Safaris if you could just catch them in the Village with perfect IVs?

Stone RG

Megas are broke
...I completely forgot that you could find Dittos in the Village.

I actually don't know that answer, though I would assume they don't because why would people be clamoring for Ditto Friend Safaris if you could just catch them in the Village with perfect IVs?
Well that sucks w/e, imma assume they are not affected by the rule, so, off to some FC whoring

Is it still worthy to buy the Pokédex 3D Pro? I mean, it doesn't have XY infos yet, so they're probably going to release a new one or an expansion, right?

i would keep it. its got perfect stats where it wants it (assuming you wanted timid) and even the ones that arent perfect are still pretty good. Nice catch!

ditto is in its own egg group, not the no egg group, so wild dittos have completely random IVs and friend safari ones have 2 IVs with 31. its pretty easy to get other peoples dud pokemon that have 3 or 4 perfect IVs that you can use to kickstart your own breeding, so good dittos aren't really needed anyway.

and pokerus works the same as last time

Hey guys, I have a question regarding masuda method, Does the pokemon have to be from a different country or a different language?For instance I live in mexico and have friends with their games set to spanish, whenever they trade me a pokemon I see the "SPA" tag next to a pokemon, knowing this there could even be someone who could choose Japanese as their language here in mexico and trade me a "Japanese" Pokemon and I would never know it was mexican, So is there a way to know where the pokemon is from? (other than the location of the trainer in the wonder trade/Gts?), Can I use a spanish ditto and an english ditto from the same country? I'd appreciate your help.

Albus

The Triumphant
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm going to go through the DPPt Wi-Fi Battle Tower to get a World Ability Ribbon for one of my favorite 'mons (a Salamence) but i'm having trouble finding good teammates for him so, can anyone suggest me good teammates for a DDMence to effectively rampage through the Wi-Fi Battle Tower? Thanks in advance!

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Is there a less prejorative term for 'spitback'? We do not feel like we can use it non-ironically.
Unwanted eggs would be less prejorative. Or perhaps Wonder Trade fodder.

Is it still worthy to buy the Pokédex 3D Pro? I mean, it doesn't have XY infos yet, so they're probably going to release a new one or an expansion, right?
Why buy it when Bulbapedia and Serebii will have all the information? Plus its a pain to fire it up on a 3DS in the middle of a play session. I'd possibly consider any Pokedex apps for cell phones or tablets though (I still have PokeDroid on my phone, which sadly Nintendo forced off the market).

Hey guys, I have a question regarding masuda method, Does the pokemon have to be from a different country or a different language?For instance I live in mexico and have friends with their games set to spanish, whenever they trade me a pokemon I see the "SPA" tag next to a pokemon, knowing this there could even be someone who could choose Japanese as their language here in mexico and trade me a "Japanese" Pokemon and I would never know it was mexican, So is there a way to know where the pokemon is from? (other than the location of the trainer in the wonder trade/Gts?), Can I use a spanish ditto and an english ditto from the same country? I'd appreciate your help.
Unfortunately, no one knows for certain. It is very difficult to test when the chance of a shiny is so low even with MM. I haven't learned about confidence intervals yet, but I expect it would take over 5000 eggs to reliably tell the difference between a 1/8192 and 5/8192 probability. You could try to set up a research project and gather data from several players, but even then I doubt you would get enough data for a reliable answer. Probably will have to wait until someone cracks the game code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)