Pokémon Sylveon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweeping probably isn't your best bet. Its pretty slow, and its weakness to physical attacks and special defenses make it unsuited for taking on switch ins. His real niche would have to be countering special attackers and substitute users. A calm mind set could work for that, but calling him a sweeper implies too much
Sweeper was the wrong word to use. Although he can probably get off two KOs with that set if he's played smart.

Sweeper was the wrong word to use. Although he can probably get off two KOs with that set if he's played smart.
Yeah, but a physical wall will be a must if you're running an offensive set. I like to run bulky waters to resist steel and fire, and can protect Sylveon for another target. This eeveelution's too good to waste on letting it get revenge killed.

I'm kind of curious how Pixilate works with a move like Hidden Power.

Because Hidden Power's type is "normal."

Would it not affect Hidden Power?
Would it boost HP's power by 30% and then have it be Fairy Type?
Would it boost HP's power by 30%, and then have it be the original HP type?

If anyone has any information, it would be greatly appreciated.

I'm kind of curious how Pixilate works with a move like Hidden Power.

Because Hidden Power's type is "normal."

Would it not affect Hidden Power?
Would it boost HP's power by 30% and then have it be Fairy Type?
Would it boost HP's power by 30%, and then have it be the original HP type?

If anyone has any information, it would be greatly appreciated.
It would do nothing, since the actual type is Fire, Ground etc.

Anyone else trying out Draining Kiss as their main stab on a mixed wall Sylveon? I run reflect over substitute for the added team utility and I get an awful lot of healing done after just one calm mind. Especially with all the dragon, dark and fighting types running around everywhere. Curious if anyone else is trying it and seeing good results.

Anyone else trying out Draining Kiss as their main stab on a mixed wall Sylveon? I run reflect over substitute for the added team utility and I get an awful lot of healing done after just one calm mind. Especially with all the dragon, dark and fighting types running around everywhere. Curious if anyone else is trying it and seeing good results.
My big concern with something like that would be Sylveon's low speed and a fair amount of dark types running around Taunting it.. Seems risky. What's your fourth move? Unless I missed it, you only listed three.

Can B2W2 Move Tutor moves be breeded? Because I greatly dislike how hard it is to get a perfect Pokemon in B2W2 compared to XY especially so it would be great if this were possible.

My Sylveon set:
I didn't count my Evs, but max Spa, then kinda half Spd and Spe, make spe a little higher though.
Nature: Timid
Moves:
Moonblast
Calm Mind
Shadow Ball
Light Screen/Psyshock

Item: Leftovers, Soft Clay

Description: A really basic set. Use Calm Mind, then Moonblast/Shadow ball or whatever. Sylveon can use Psyshock incase there is a Special wall, and light screen is always good if this is a bulky set.
Checks and Counters: Haven't found any yet besides this: Fight Gengar with caution! best use Calm Mind/Light Screen then a shadow ball, beware of sludge bomb. switch if needed.
just a Bulky sweeper.

My big concern with something like that would be Sylveon's low speed and a fair amount of dark types running around Taunting it.. Seems risky. What's your fourth move? Unless I missed it, you only listed three.
I run this
Sylveon@Leftovers
Cute Charm
Calm nature
252 Hp/252 Def/4 Sp Atk
-Reflect
-Calm Mind
-Draining Kiss
-Shadow Ball

Dark types are welcome to come in and taunt. Just give a great big heal thanks to a SE Draining Kiss. I always either reflect or calm mind as soon as Sylveons out based on what I anticipate the switch in will be.

252 Atk, neutral nature Sylveon using Double Edge out-damages 252 SpA neutral nature Sylveon using Moon Blast. Just some food for thought.

252 Atk (custom) (Move 1) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Salamence: 392-464 (118.42 - 140.18%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA (custom) (Move 2) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Salamence: 332-392 (100.3 - 118.42%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Move 1 = 156 BP (double edge after Pixilate Modifiers)
Move 2 = 95 BP (Moon Blast)

I haven't bothered using sylveon in PS, but I think it may be successful with a mixed attack set.

Sylveon@Assault Vest/Leftovers
Pixilate
Sassy nature
252 Hp/252 Def/4 Sp Atk
-Double Edge
-Draining Kiss
-Shadow Ball
-Hidden Power (ground) / Calm Mind / Curse / Wish

Edit: I didn't notice that I was using Naive nature Salamence.

Last edited:
What about a dual screen set? I run this and and generally get good results. It usually lets me easily set up with a SubSeed Chesnaught.

Sylveon @ Light Clay
Ability: Pixilate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
IVs: 30 SAtk / 30 SDef
- Baton Pass
- Reflect
- Moonblast/Draining Kiss/Swift/Psyshock/Shadow Ball
- Light Screen

Another Possible Set:

Name: Fairy Buster

Sylveon @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Synchronoise
- Hidden Power [Steel]/ Hidden Power [Ground]/Hidden Power [Fire]
- Moonblast/Draining Kiss
- Shadow Ball

The purposes of the two sets above:

1. Sets up for stall teams and acts as an anti-dragon pivot. Or, HO teams who have frail sweepers with boosting moves could use a dual screen lead. Or, sub out the Light Clay, and put in Calm Mind and another coverage move for the two screens and keep baton pass. This works as an efficient special wall.

2. Clears out Dragons, Aegislash, and Fairies who stand in the way of a Dragon Dance sweeper with Outrage. HP Fire is used on Aegislash and Ferrothorn, HP Ground is used on Fire, Steel and Poison types who threaten Sylveon, and Synchronoise is used to finish off fairies. Moonblast is obviously for all the Fighting, Dark, and Dragon types running around every single tier. Shadow Ball is for coverage, but anything can also be substituted. Of course, if you want to use a non-damaging move, pick whatever in place of Assault Vest. Another special tank here, but be wary of speedy physical sweepers who can hit you before you throw up Reflect.

Sylveon is an amazing abuser of Calm Mind, this is the set I've been running:

Sylveon@Sitrus Berry
Bold / Relaxed Nature
EVs 252 Hp/252 Def/4 SpD

- Calm Mind
- Reflect
- Draining Kiss
- Psyshock

This set is amazaing, Calm Mind boosts both SpA and SpD, Reflect and the 252 HP / 252+ Def covers your Defense completely, After two or three Calm Mind, Draining Kiss not only does a lot of damage but recovers a lot, Psyshock covers Poison Types and it is usually couples with a fire mon for Steel types.

If you aren't giving normal moves to Sylveon don't use Pixielate. Cute Charm may not be the best ability, but at least it has effect on sets lacking normal moves.

If you aren't giving normal moves to Sylveon don't use Pixielate. Cute Charm may not be the best ability, but at least it has effect on sets lacking normal moves.
lol I'm using Cute Charm not Pxilate for the same reason, all the other sets I'm seeing have Pixilate and don't have a normal move (Double Edge doesn't count, Sylveon's attack is too weak)

Until Pokebank comes out, Cute Charm is the go-to ability because lol no good Normal special moves. Also, Cute Charm has some added utility of crippling certain physical attackers. Not reliable, but it's nice when it happens.

Double Team is banned in competitive play and slyveon has a terrible attack stat so even with the stab on quick attack it won't hit anything hard
Okay? I'm not talking about MetaGame, I'm talking about it for wifi. And what should I switch Quick attack with?

Okay? I'm not talking about MetaGame, I'm talking about it for wifi. And what should I switch Quick attack with?
Double Team is a generally poor move to rely on in general. Why waste time setting up Evasion when you opponent can just hit you while setting up? At least with Calm Mind, you're actually gaining defensive/offensive boosts to threaten the enemy mons.

And instead of Quick Attack you should be going for a Special coverage move. Like, oh I dunno, Shadow Ball, which almost every set posted in the thread has mentioned.

Double Team is a generally poor move to rely on in general. Why waste time setting up Evasion when you opponent can just hit you while setting up? At least with Calm Mind, you're actually gaining defensive/offensive boosts to threaten the enemy mons.

And instead of Quick Attack you should be going for a Special coverage move. Like, oh I dunno, Shadow Ball, which almost every set posted in the thread has mentioned.

I would use Subsitute and then double team, or sand attack.

Quick attack for shadow ball? I guess, but Quick attack has priority

I would use Subsitute and then double team, or sand attack.

Quick attack for shadow ball? I guess, but Quick attack has priority
Quick Attack: 40 BP coming off of a Base 65 Atk. Half damage against Rock/Steel and doesn't affect Ghosts.
Shadow Ball: 80 BP coming off of a Base 110 SpAtk. Super effective against Ghost/Psychic, half damage against Dark, doesn't affect Normal types.

Gee, you're right, Quick Attack is clearly stronger.

Also, again, sand Attack/Double team are terrible. Substitute to Calm Mind, not hope your opponent misses.

Quick Attack: 40 BP coming off of a Base 65 Atk. Half damage against Rock/Steel and doesn't affect Ghosts.
Shadow Ball: 80 BP coming off of a Base 110 SpAtk. Super effective against Ghost/Psychic, half damage against Dark, doesn't affect Normal types.

Gee, you're right, Quick Attack is clearly stronger.

Also, again, sand Attack/Double team are terrible. Substitute to Calm Mind, not hope your opponent misses.

I never said Quick attack was stronger. I said it has more priority, tho Slyveon builds on sp attack so, yeah I guess shadow ball is move viable.

On the other hand, Sand attack can help alot sometimes if you use it enough....and it only effects one pokemon and after thry are KO'd you have to do it again, so I see your point I guess, so calm mind is better then....But you didn't have to be a jerk

I never said Quick attack was stronger. I said it has more priority, tho Slyveon builds on sp attack so, yeah I guess shadow ball is move viable.

On the other hand, Sand attack can help alot sometimes if you use it enough....and it only effects one pokemon and after thry are KO'd you have to do it again, so I see your point I guess, so calm mind is better then....But you didn't have to be a jerk
Hes not being a jerk. Priority doesn't matter if the priority move doesn't scratch. He was trying to help you see that. Also, relying on luck has never been an effective strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)