SPOILERS! Wonder Trades

I've gotten a couple of Pokemon that were quad flawless with the only IVs they didn't have being HP and their unneeded Attack stat. I also got a Protean Froakie with x/x/31/31/31/x which isn't the best, but is still pretty decent for breeding whenever I get to it. Not to mention the foreign Ditto I've gotten and other various foreign Pokemon.

wonder trade is a breeder's paradise. you trade out all of your unwanted spitbacks and get head starts on new breeding projects. yeah you get junk sometimes but when its good its great. baton pass torchic, BD/jet marill, saved me so much time

Finished my night of a few boxfuls of trading. A list of notable mons:

3 IV Shadow Tag JP Gothita
Fletchinder with Pokerus
Random Poliwrath (why would you evolve one and trade it?)
4 IV Timid Anticipation JP Eevee (sweet!)
4 IV Bold JP Eevee with Wish/Yawn
Random Golem (wut)
French Bunnelby (it's something, I guess...)
German Vivillon
3 IV Impish Huge Gourgeist (was planning on breeding one eventually)
3 IV Adamant JP Kangaskhan (already have a bred one though...)
Korean Azumarill
Pokerus Pikachu
Adamant Gale Wings JP Fletchling
4 IV Brave Growlithe (why Brave?)
JP Squirtle with Mirror Coat, Haze, Yawn, and Mist (terrible IVs though)
3 IV JP Timid Magician Fennekin (finally!)
3 IV JP Timid Rotom
2 IV Ice Body Bergmite
4 IV Adamant JP Trevenant
French Gastly (Fantominus? Cool.)
French Carbink
Pokerus JP Ralts
JP Kabuto (Can't get one cuz X, so sure)

All in all, not a bad haul. Half of my trades were with junk wild mons, though, so I'm a bit miffed, but some of the stuff I got more than makes it up.

Definitely seeing a decrease in the random early route stuff from my end, but the wonder trading is certainly reaping dividends on getting a leg-up on new breeding projects. A selection of some of the good stuff I've recently received:

5 IV Lapras (including DD)
3 IV Klefki
3 x 3 IV Budews (not really unusual, but useful as it saves catching them myself)
3 IV JP Bulbasaur
4 IV JP Smeargle (seriously good get!)
4 IV Goomy
3 IV JP Gible
3 IV JP Heracross
3 IV JP Mawile (I tend to get a lot of Mawiles from Japan in general, this is the best of the lot)
4 IV Venipede
4 IV Chingling
4 IV Noibat

Very good hauls that'll be useful. Most of the rest were other breeding project rejects that ranged often had just one IV, so not completely worthless, but some are irrelevant given I now have better parents.

Been trading away 3 and 4 IV Froakies, most of them Timid with Protean. Not really getting that kind of quality back, though I did get a 4 IV Dratini with Marvel Scale. That was a good get.

What surprised me was how quickly this has been filling up my Pokedex.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Wonder Trade became Heaven for breeders. We don't release'Pokémon anymore. We trade them away, get a headstart in next projects and amass Pokémiles. I was able to get 153 rare candies in exchange for pokemiles amassed while wonder trading the 4 and 3 IVs gible
Yeah, this is pretty good for breeding. It comes with the understanding that I can release the crappy Pokes I receive from the trade, breed the good ones if we like them, or trade away good ones that we have no use for. That's pretty impressive with the amount of miles you've collected, I think I'll start doing this.

Also, the best thing I've received so far is a 3 IV Adamant Scyther. I think I bred about 6 Scyther in total before receiving a 6 IV (go figure) Adamant Technician one.

Andrew

beep boop
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Aside from wonder trading my 4-5 perfect IV mawhiles with elemental fangs and adamant speed boost venipedes, today I traded a bunch of phantump (in case anyone hasn't evolved him thru trade) from a breeding project where I was trying to find what other egg moves he can learn. They only have 1 or 2 perfect IV's , but I gave them all Pokerus and a mutation berry. These are the mons I got in return:

Poliwag 31 attack...ok
Paras 31 attack sp D...better altho I'll probably never use this
rampardos - I have Y so I didnt have access to this guy
an Espurr named Ginger Ale....
a luvdisc not even with a heart scale... :|
an adamant fletchling 31 attack defense speed, but no gale wings
cubone 31 attack
an insta-release kecleon
modest jp eevee 31/31/31/x/31/31 i guess ill keep this lol I haven't started breeding eevees yet so ill save this till later or trade on the gts
unremarkable ralts
Klefki
Illumise
and another luvdisc :| but it has a heart scale, so :)

Anyway I'm really starting to feel how slow this whole process is after doing 12 in a row...I didn't get anything worth keeping today besides the fletchling and eevee, and even then, I don't really need those two atm and I already have a couple good fletchlings, so I released some and kept a couple others for lottery purposes...but I did get a Nice! from somebody after we traded so... that makes it worth it, to me, at least a little bit. Im going to start breeding shuppets soon (does anybody even use this with mega-banette?) idc I like shuppet and I think it can have a niche w/ prankster and it's huge attack increase, so, hopefully soon i will be able to wonder trade some good ones

Aside from wonder trading my 4-5 perfect IV mawhiles with elemental fangs and adamant speed boost venipedes, today I traded a bunch of phantump (in case anyone hasn't evolved him thru trade) from a breeding project where I was trying to find what other egg moves he can learn. They only have 1 or 2 perfect IV's , but I gave them all Pokerus and a mutation berry. These are the mons I got in return:

Poliwag 31 attack...ok
Paras 31 attack sp D...better altho I'll probably never use this
rampardos - I have Y so I didnt have access to this guy
an Espurr named Ginger Ale....
a luvdisc not even with a heart scale... :|
an adamant fletchling 31 attack defense speed, but no gale wings
cubone 31 attack
an insta-release kecleon
modest jp eevee 31/31/31/x/31/31 i guess ill keep this lol I haven't started breeding eevees yet so ill save this till later or trade on the gts
unremarkable ralts
Klefki
Illumise
and another luvdisc :| but it has a heart scale, so :)

Anyway I'm really starting to feel how slow this whole process is after doing 12 in a row...I didn't get anything worth keeping today besides the fletchling and eevee, and even then, I don't really need those two atm and I already have a couple good fletchlings, so I released some and kept a couple others for lottery purposes...but I did get a Nice! from somebody after we traded so... that makes it worth it, to me, at least a little bit. Im going to start breeding shuppets soon (does anybody even use this with mega-banette?) idc I like shuppet and I think it can have a niche w/ prankster and it's huge attack increase, so, hopefully soon i will be able to wonder trade some good ones
If you still have the Mawiles, I could use one of them.

On another note, the best part of Wonder Trading is the PokéMiles you accumulate. You can buy Rare Candies and PP Ups with them. All the mons that aren't worthy keeping are immediately sent back to the world, and this rotation gives me many miles.

Wonder Trade is frigging amazing, I've gotten quite a few gold mines from this feature, but I've been kind of hesitant to use it since those stupid rumours popped up about bad eggs. Haven't really seen anything confirming said rumours though, they're probably just fear stock. Prob gonna go and start Wonder Trading again. :D Hopefully I can get super lucky and pull out a shiny!

AWailOfATail

viva la darmz
We should definitely have a Smogon WT day. Send out as many Koffings as you can! LET'S DO THIS #WonderKoffing
Anyway, trading away a billion Shuckles. That stuff wrecks in the original single Maison. Must breed it!

Once I'm finally able to get my perfect Timid Female Magician Fennekin tonight (still going after like five hours, goddamn you gender ratios) I'll be sending out a ton of male Magician Fennekins. Most of them have pretty good IVs too.

Just to tell you all, I've always dreamed to be a breeder, and I used to be back in my Sapphire days, breeding mons for my friends. I'm in need of good IVs general mons, so I can be able to breed tons of 5 IVs good nature egg moves mons and offer in the shop, so if any of you is willing to give me your spare mons (I refuse to use the word "spitback" as much as I refuse to use the word "Redskins" in the Washington team) that you would send away through WT anyways, I don't have anything to offer now, but you can make a special request and I'll do my best to fulfill it within a week.

Thanks in advance (it never hurts to ask).

Well it's not exactly perfect, but I got a Female Timid Magician Fennekin with 31/31/20-21/31/31/31 IVs, so I'll take it because I've got better things to do. Once I'm done EVing it, I'll be sending a crapton of Magician Fennekins to hopefully caring owners.

Last edited:
Got my perfect Larvitar *_* Traded away some of my excess 4V ones. Here's what I got:
German Budew
Caterpie -__-
A Japanese Lvl20 Anorith
A Japanese Lvl22 Wobuffet
A japanese Lvl1 Trapinch w/ Bulldoze and RockSlide
Floatzel
*Bellyjet Marill (already have one though :3)
*Gooey goomy!
best thing I got *Korean Jolly Adaptability Corphish with Knock off, aquaJet, DD, Superpower :3

For some reason WT isn't that great to me. The best I've had have been 3 perfect IVs. I've got 3 bred charmanders of varying levels of goodness, but I usually just end up with rubbish.
One time I got two Luvdiscs in a row. So I stopped trading for a while and then sent more stuff out much later, to make sure those people weren't still around >:|

Also my standards for what I send have got higher. Initially I was just happy sending slightly-rare Pokemon or version exclusives. Then I happily traded away Friend Safari pokemon with only 2 perfect IVs, or even bred ones with just one perfect IV. Now there have to be at least 3 perfect IVs before I'll send it. If not, I release it.

I don't know why, but I seem to have more luck at night when most Americans are sleeping. I've gotten some halfway decent pokes from Japanese players late Saturday nights.

I usually just give out breeding spitbacks with 4-5 perfect IVs and don't expect much in return, but it's nice to get something worthwhile every once in while.

Traded a bunch of Magician Fennekins. Some notable returns:

Siglyph (don't have one)
Korean Aqua Jet Marill
3 IV Magician Fennekin with Heat Wave/Wish (mine don't have any egg moves >_>)
French Weedle
Modest Protean Froakie
JP Lileep (sucky IVs, but I don't have one so wooo)
2 IV JP Careful Ferroseed with Leech Seed/Stealth Rock (was gonna breed one, so saves me time)
1 IV Jolly Skill Link Shellder (another breeding project headstart)
3 IV Modest JP Tentacool (breeding project)
Impish Eevee (guess I could use it for Umbreon breeding?)
A MODEST YVELTAL WITH SKY PLATE (WHY DID YOU DO THIS RANDOM PERSON)
Careful Eevee (Umbreon?)
4 IV Adamant Swinub with Stealth Rock/Icicle Crash (Breeeeeediiiing prooooojeeeect)
2 IV Adamant Technician Scyther (see above)
5 IV Brave JP Honedge (holy shit, I already have an Aegislash but I can use this to make a different set or a shiny)

Overall a far better return than my last trading session. A lot of breeding projects are getting a nice start. Also got a few bred Charmanders with crappy natures, no idea why.

Also RANDOM YVELTAL. I swear, I was doing something else while trading, and I glance at the trade screen to see what I got. I see Yveltal, go "huh" and turn away, only to freeze and do a double take. And it was holding an item! WHY WOULD YOU TRADE THIS.

Lmao, Farran, nice haul overall. Awesome find with the Yveltal. I've been getting some pretty good things through Wonder Trade, although I've been getting a crap-ton of Charmanders with shitty natures for some reason. A couple of them were decent, like a Jolly with Flare Blitz and the like, but others were sent right back out.

gave away so many 3-4 IV togepi and roselia (about 25). got 4IV kangaskhan, slowpoke (both japenese) and the rest all garbage IVs. but yeah this is kinda addicting, but i want to keep everything for the daily lotto.

This feature has taken up most of my time recently, and the quality is beginning to go up all around. The best stuff I've gotten in the past three days:

4 IV Adamant Larvitar w/ Dragon Dance
4 IV Jolly Froakie
4 IV Adamant Absol (Japanese)
4 IV Calm Goomy (Japanese)
And a shiny Dwebble (Japanese)

And about 11 or so assorted 3 IV 'mons, 4 of which are Goomy (one has Gooey).

Haven't seen a 5+ IV 'mon yet, but I'm not complaining. I'm still getting a lot of random Big Pecks Fletchlings, and a whole bunch of random IV Charmanders and Froakies in addition to the usual Route 2 'mons, but things are definitely moving up!

I got a level 1 Japanese Carbink. It had a Calm nature, so I decided to bring it to the judge and see how it was.
"I see... I see... This Pokemon's potential is above average overall. That's how I judge it anyway. Incidentally, I would say that's its greatest potential lies in its Attack stat. Although its Sp. Atk stat is equally as good. Stats like those... They simply can't be beat! That's how I judge it. But how can you make it through battle with this kind of Defense stat?"

Thanks, Wonder Trade. -_-

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)