Most Overestimated Trainer Battle

Now, this is quite a realistic thread. Which trainer did you waste time grinding for or was prepared to lose against the most? Here is my funny story about Red:

I had just beat Heartgold(at least I thought) and had a team of 50s. I had 16 gym badges on me, and had went over to Professor Oak. He told me about someone at Mt.Silver, so I flew to Victory Road and went there. I was nervous, since all the wild pokemon where insanely high-leveled, close to my Thyphlosion which was only 58 and my highest. I got to the near top and after scaling the area with Rock Climb, I got to the very top and saw a person. I talked to him "....." ~BATTLE MUSIC~ Trainer Red wants to fight!
He sent out a friggin' 88 pikachu! I had golem at level 53, and was unsure if I could win. I just went for the earthquake, since there was no point not to. He used Iron Tail, and my health started to drop. "Oh god, I am so going to lose". Then, it stops half way. I was wondering what the hell, and then golem used earthquake, one shotted it. I dropped my mouth, and then he was going to send out his Blastoise. Needless to say, 50>80+ XD

Now, this is quite a realistic thread. Which trainer did you waste time grinding for or was prepared to lose against the most? Here is my funny story about Red:

I had just beat Heartgold(at least I thought) and had a team of 50s. I had 16 gym badges on me, and had went over to Professor Oak. He told me about someone at Mt.Silver, so I flew to Victory Road and went there. I was nervous, since all the wild pokemon where insanely high-leveled, close to my Thyphlosion which was only 58 and my highest. I got to the near top and after scaling the area with Rock Climb, I got to the very top and saw a person. I talked to him "....." ~BATTLE MUSIC~ Trainer Red wants to fight!
He sent out a friggin' 88 pikachu! I had golem at level 53, and was unsure if I could win. I just went for the earthquake, since there was no point not to. He used Iron Tail, and my health started to drop. "Oh god, I am so going to lose". Then, it stops half way. I was wondering what the hell, and then golem used earthquake, one shotted it. I dropped my mouth, and then he was going to send out his Blastoise. Needless to say, 50>80+ XD
I'm not sure that was really "overestimating" Red, as you probably got soundly beaten by the rest of his mons. His Pikachu is his worst mon lol, at least until BW2 where it gets Light Ball and is actually somewhat threatening.

As for me, I always grind before the E4 in any story run. This, however, makes E4 runs sometimes trivial. Like in X/Y, I grinded before I went in because I expected somewhat of a challenge and I was going in blind. Imagine my surprise when they only use 4 mons and are only around lvl 60 while my guys were almost 70.

I'm not sure that was really "overestimating" Red, as you probably got soundly beaten by the rest of his mons. His Pikachu is his worst mon lol, at least until BW2 where it gets Light Ball and is actually somewhat threatening.

As for me, I always grind before the E4 in any story run. This, however, makes E4 runs sometimes trivial. Like in X/Y, I grinded before I went in because I expected somewhat of a challenge and I was going in blind. Imagine my surprise when they only use 4 mons and are only around lvl 60 while my guys were almost 70.
I wrote 50>80+ for a reason, I BEAT Red with 50s. His entire team couldn't handle my amphy besides his venusaur. Thunder never missed and whipped out his Lapras and Blastoise easily. My thyphlosion blast burned his venusaur, his charizard coudn't knock out my golem who I Hyper Potioned while my Ho-oh fought his Snorlax.

I wrote 50>80+ for a reason, I BEAT Red with 50s. His entire team couldn't handle my amphy besides his venusaur. Thunder never missed and whipped out his Lapras and Blastoise easily. My thyphlosion blast burned his venusaur, his charizard coudn't knock out my golem who I Hyper Potioned while my Ho-oh fought his Snorlax.
Well you should have said that lol. You just said you beat his Pikachu.

And again, Red is actually not that threatening in HG/SS. Sure, he's super leveled, but his mons aren't EVd or have perfect IVs like Cynthia's were. If you fight him in BW2 World Tournament, he is actually pretty tough considering his mons are the exact same level as yours, and are EVd, have competitive movesets and good items.

Mine was in a nuzlocke I was fighting Watson and was terrified because I didn't have a ground type so I decided to grind a bit then after a while with a pickup Slave (this was ruby so it's different pickup mechanics) I decided I'm going to get the flamethrower ice beam t-bolt toms from the game corner soon I was drowning in nuggets but only managed to get flamethrower and had a team of 40 blaziken 41 Breloom 39 haryama and 42 crobat 5 zigzagoon lets just say I raped Watson but later got over confident and lost my Breloom to flannerys torkoal

Red's a joke, man. He's only threatening because his levels are so high. Match them and you'll find he's just a pushover. He uses fairly mediocre pokemon and doesn't even play to their strengths properly. His Snorlax was pretty dangerous in GSC, but in HGSS it gets... giga impact. Great job, Red.

Red's a joke, man. He's only threatening because his levels are so high. Match them and you'll find he's just a pushover. He uses fairly mediocre pokemon and doesn't even play to their strengths properly. His Snorlax was pretty dangerous in GSC, but in HGSS it gets... giga impact. Great job, Red.
yes, but I wasn't matched. That was why I said overestimated. His pokemon were a good 30 levels higher than mine, so of course I would be worried. He was surprisingly easy.
Btw, I didn't say he was hard

The first time I took on the elite 4 in Pokemon blue, I leveled up my whole team consisting of blastoise, zapdos, snorlax, alakazam, articuno, and Dragonite to level 70, because my brother said it was hard. Needless to say I wiped that smug smile off of Gary's face and became the champion.

Although it isn't a trainer, it would have to be Twist Mountain in White. I just got my Mistralton City gym badge, and decided that I would train my entire team of 6 pokemon up to level 44 before moving on.

I found the rest of the game to be a joke. I would be fine for the rest of the game without leveling up anything, and I was around level 50 for the E4, when I later found them to be easy to beat at around level 45.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Any important battle when you have EXP Share on in X/Y. I stopped using it through Victory Road because it was just making the game too easy, and I didn't want to just instantly destroy the E4 by looking at them. Of course their Pokemon matched my levels (~64), but whatever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)