Wi-Fi Blacklist: as of January 30th, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
I traded runtaylor a 20-1/31/31/x/31/31 jolly gible, but only got a x/x/26-30/x/x/x skarmory in return. He told me the IVs were just a "bit" lower than his 4 IV Skarmory, but his definition of "bit" is bad. I gave him almost a day to reply back, but nothing.

http://prntscr.com/21qzwc

The gible was just a spitback, so I don't really care if it's gone now, but if I can help it I'd rather not have him running around doing the same thing to other users.

Jeez I advise people all the time not to lend out trust so easily and yet here I am doing this. ¬_¬

his 3ds code is 0989 2325 9863
and his IGN is Kuro

These links don't work. Please fix.
These threads were purged when Wi-Fi was deleted in 2011. The links are gone now. Any content from them should already be here.
I traded runtaylor a 20-1/31/31/x/31/31 jolly gible, but only got a x/x/26-30/x/x/x skarmory in return. He told me the IVs were just a "bit" lower than his 4 IV Skarmory, but his definition of "bit" is bad. I gave him almost a day to reply back, but nothing.

http://prntscr.com/21qzwc

The gible was just a spitback, so I don't really care if it's gone now, but if I can help it I'd rather not have him running around doing the same thing to other users.

Jeez I advise people all the time not to lend out trust so easily and yet here I am doing this. ¬_¬

his 3ds code is 0989 2325 9863
and his IGN is Kuro
This list is of untrustable Smogon traders. We do not deal with any scams that happen off site unless the person also has a Smogon account / is trading here.

Okay I would like this to be sorted. My Roselia is being redistributed in Eppie's thread. The Roselia is in my thread. Silly me for trading with someone who was already on the blacklist.

scemm.PNG

Calm Nature? Yes
Nest Ball? Yes
Same 3 Egg moves? Yes. My fourth move was also Giga Drain just for more proof.
Did I give him a female?

scem.PNG

Disappointed because it took me a very long time to get all the egg moves together and finding a female Roselia with Calm nature and in a good ball is hard enough, even with Synchronize.

Last edited:
I just used your Roserade to breed my own (I even placed my OT/TID above, which you forgot to copy/paste).
Next time shoot someone a PM before accusing him/her for breaking Smogons redistribution rules.

Explain to me how that is not redistributing this generation?

Only a handful of people can clone Pokemon in the world at the moment, how does the OT/ID make any difference?

Last edited:
Explain to me how that is not redistributing this generation?
Because it's not your Pokemon?

With the new Destiny Knot mechanic, it's extremely easy for anyone to breed off of whatever Pokemon you trade them, male or female. Eppie is offering Pokemon he has bred; that's perfectly fine. We cannot and will not monitor and punish breeding off of other people's work. Not only do we really not care whether that happens as anyone can do it with any trade you're given, but keeping track of something like this would be the worst bullshit-fest ever.

Last edited:
Because it's not your Pokemon?

With the new Destiny Knot mechanic, it's extremely easy for anyone to breed off of whatever Pokemon you trade them, male or female. Eppie is offering Pokemon he has bred; that's perfectly fine. We cannot and will not monitor and punish breeding off of other people's work. Not only do we really not care whether that happens as anyone can do it with any trade you're given, but keeping track of something like this would be the worst bullshit-fest ever.
Okay, that is fine.

My thread says, no redistributing. That does not mean cloning for the reason I said above, that is suppose to mean "don't spend 30 minutes to breed a bunch for yourself and trade away my efforts." Since life is too hard to monitor the "worst bullshit-fest ever," please make it clear that you can trade Pokemon like this away. The word "redistributing" comes up in most gen 6 threads and it means nothing.

My thread says, no redistributing. That does not mean cloning for the reason I said above, that is suppose to mean "don't spend 30 minutes to breed a bunch for yourself and trade away my efforts."
In this case, I think you ought to be more specific. The definition of redistributing Pokemon for years has been trading someone's Pokemon that isn't yours. You're free to have this as some sort of polite request in your thread, just keep in mind that it will have no more bite than a request.

Since life is too hard to monitor the "worst bullshit-fest ever," please make it clear that you can trade Pokemon like this away. The word "redistributing" comes up in most gen 6 threads and it means nothing.
Redistributing still carries weight. You can't just go off and trade someone else's OT with their permission. The rules clearly state that you only need the consult of someone else if the Pokemon you're offering was not bred or caught by yourself.

Hi guys, I really hate to have to do this, but I've collected evidence of another scammer here on smogon.

His name is "skyguy737". Friend Code is: 1032-1230-7218 Addison is IGN

Earlier tonight I traded him for what he listed as a 31/31/31/0/31/31 Impish Harvest Phantump and when I checked the IVs it was 31/31/31/X/31/X Marked with 5 marks (what I normally mark my own flawless monsters as). Now I'm sure you're thinking; wait, this could be a simple mistake, but while scrolling through trade threads I noticed another user, named andynaguyen had traded with skyguy737 as well, as there was no "thanks" at the end of his trade (all the others had thanks written at the end), I contacted andynaguyen.

andynaguyen responded with this:

andynaguyen said:
Yes I tried to contact him about it. They were both incorrect. When did you trade with him? Has he contacted you back? I think I will give him until the end of tonight before I blacklist him.
When I asked andynaguyen about this IVs of the monsters skyguy737 traded him, he responded:

andynaguyen said:
Marill: 31/XX/31/XX/31/31
Torchic: 31/31/31/31/XX/XX
This means he scammed andynaguyen, then was messaged by andynaguyen and ignored it, then scammed me, then logged off.

Thank you for your time, sir, and if the Mantyke is reading this my password hasn't changed since the red baron scam. You may check my profile for further evidence. This info cost andynaguyen a bold kelfki and bold togepi and it cost myself a flawless protean froakie. That is all.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I can add further evidence regarding skyguy737, here is the post in which he lists me several Pokémon:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/the-emporium-fine-xy-5ivs.3492122/#post-4959566
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/the-emporium-fine-xy-5ivs.3492122/#post-4959620
I quote the specific Ferroseed I want, we trade.
After reading Pokeguy's post I went to check IVs: 31 in At/Def/SDef, no 0 in SpA as advertised. Even if he meant X instead of 0, HP and Speed are still missing. So only 3 31s and no notably low stats according to IV checker. If he would like to make things right and trade the proper IVs I would recant my report, but for now, I was not given the Pokémon advertised, though it does have the egg moves.

I can add further evidence regarding skyguy737, here is the post in which he lists me several Pokémon:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/the-emporium-fine-xy-5ivs.3492122/#post-4959566
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/the-emporium-fine-xy-5ivs.3492122/#post-4959620
I quote the specific Ferroseed I want, we trade.
After reading Pokeguy's post I went to check IVs: 31 in At/Def/SDef, no 0 in SpA as advertised. Even if he meant X instead of 0, HP and Speed are still missing. So only 3 31s and no notably low stats according to IV checker. If he would like to make things right and trade the proper IVs I would recant my report, but for now, I was not given the Pokémon advertised, though it does have the egg moves.
Yes, I noticed him trading to several people so I thought it would best to black list him as soon as possible. Thanks for posting sir. ^_^

Hey, sorry to abuse this a bit, but I have a blacklist question. Can you black list someone for redistributing an event monster that wasn't from it's original owner? Like the OT -traded it to this guy who traded it to this other guy who traded it to this girl who traded it to some smogon member who then traded it to me? Just wondering because it came up today and I don't know what to say, after seeing how the the last case verdict on redistribution went. Let me know, thought this would be better off here than simple questions, since it concerns blacklisting rules.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hey, sorry to abuse this a bit, but I have a blacklist question. Can you black list someone for redistributing an event monster that wasn't from it's original owner? Like the OT -traded it to this guy who traded it to this other guy who traded it to this girl who traded it to some smogon member who then traded it to me? Just wondering because it came up today and I don't know what to say, after seeing how the the last case verdict on redistribution went. Let me know, thought this would be better off here than simple questions, since it concerns blacklisting rules.
Unless they explicitly say they took it from someone else, good luck proving that that's how it happened. Events are a lot harder to verify as belonging to someone else than other stuff, due to the set OT, and other stuff.

Last edited:
Nexus, TheMantyke, and the Mods - Pardon me if this considered a spam.
@Pokeguy - Hey there, if I may give you a suggestion about trading with members who you have reported to the Blacklist, why not trade with people who have been members on smogon much longer and who have proven themselves trustworthy, instead of trading with strangers, new members who have just registered on smogon, and people who you are not familiar with?
I mean think about it, Redbaronnn has joined smogon on Oct. 20 this year which was 2 days before you reported him to the blacklist after he has scammed you, right?
Just like Skyguy737 has joined smogon on Nov. 8 which was the same day you reported him for scamming you?
I had personal experiences and the same problem as you did, when I got scammed and ripped off by JKfrankko and The_Coza when they have given me so many hacked pokemon. That was the reason why I stopped trading and do business with strangers and new members who I'm not familiar with until they have proven themselves trustworthy.
I just thought I tell you this just to help out and for future reference. Hopefully this suggestion helps. :)

Last edited:
So i just registered in this forum because i got scammed few minutes ago...
I traded a 5 IV Staryu for a Pinsir, which sould have also 5 IVs maxed. What i got was a Pinsir with just Speed on max...
After the trade i tried to speak to him with no real success. And after some verbal fighting he just called me Scammer and said my Staryu
is also bad (but i checked it twice before trading!)... Then he just got offline.

His Ingamename was "Matt" and his friendcode is 1306-6321-1016

Hope this can prevent someone from getting tricked :/

Hello, I just want to report someone who scammed me off my 5 IV mawile spitback for a supposed 5 IV Goomy. I haven't traded since Gen 4 and I didn't know you could check the summary of the pokemon being traded to you. I got a lvl 34 Goomy he caught randomly (I assumed the level was like that because he was using it as a parent)

It happened in the #safari IRC channel.
He entered with the nick "Lamp" and has the IGN: "Asle". FC: 4210-4256-3234
After the trade he DC'd from the chat but is still online in game.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
So i just registered in this forum because i got scammed few minutes ago...
I traded a 5 IV Staryu for a Pinsir, which sould have also 5 IVs maxed. What i got was a Pinsir with just Speed on max...
After the trade i tried to speak to him with no real success. And after some verbal fighting he just called me Scammer and said my Staryu
is also bad (but i checked it twice before trading!)... Then he just got offline.

His Ingamename was "Matt" and his friendcode is 1306-6321-1016

Hope this can prevent someone from getting tricked :/
if it wasn't on the forums we can't do anything about it.

Hello, I just want to report someone who scammed me off my 5 IV mawile spitback for a supposed 5 IV Goomy. I haven't traded since Gen 4 and I didn't know you could check the summary of the pokemon being traded to you. I got a lvl 34 Goomy he caught randomly (I assumed the level was like that because he was using it as a parent)

It happened in the #safari IRC channel.
He entered with the nick "Lamp" and has the IGN: "Asle". FC: 4210-4256-3234
After the trade he DC'd from the chat but is still online in game.
same as above we don't handle trades that happen in IRC channels outside of #smogonwifi.

To add to Nexus's post, we can only help you if the people who scammed you were Smogon users. If you have any information that ties these users to a Smogon account, we can deal with them. Otherwise, we can't help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)