Pokémon Diggersby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upstart

Copy Cat
Im not underestimating Diggersby. I use a banded set on Showdown. What im saying is anyone who is immune to both its stats are good counters not the beat just good ones. So yes Gengar is one of them as long as it doesnt switch into SE. And Mismagius the same can OHKO it i thin with HP fighting
The problem arises in your terminology. A "counter" is something that can switch in on any move without fear. Missy and Gar check as they can come in on his STABS but any coverage moves will bust ghosts. "Checks" is probably a better association. Mismagius even with a life orb which is typically doesn't run barely 2hkos while without life orb it is easily a 3hko.

The problem arises in your terminology. A "counter" is something that can switch in on any move without fear. Missy and Gar check as they can come in on his STABS but any coverage moves will bust ghosts. "Checks" is probably a better association. Mismagius even with a life orb which is typically doesn't run barely 2hkos while without life orb it is easily a 3hko.
Oops check/counter mixing up words. Either way im not saying most things can come and eat this things hits im saying for that BellyDrum set its too slow to take the turn to set up. And what i meant by Dig's Quick Attack being worse than Noone's ExtremeSpeed is the +2 priority ESpeed has. One of the only things i can think of that can handle Diggersby is Gourgeist...immune to one stab and resists the other. Dependin on the pumpkin size can outspeed Dig and go for wilowisp then leechseed and just laugh as it tries to SE you.

On all other accounts though watch out for the bunny's hits

Does anyone see this as a threat with sticky web support?
Actually, yes. One of the advantages I've found of Diggersby over Azumarill is that it is superior with Sticky Web support due to its greater speed which allows it to outspeed many things after it has been set up.. Also, it counts with U-Turn which allows it to keep momentum and predict switches and Stone Edge for the coverage.

Hows about an offensive spiker set?

Diggersby @ Life Orb
Jolly/Adamant Nature
Huge Power
252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 SpDef
Spikes
Quick Attack
Earthquake
U-Turn/Stone edge

According to serebii it spikes as an egg move so something like this could work in the lower tiers. Find something you can force out, set up spikes or attack, and switch out with U-turn. You could run stone edge if you wanted for coverage.

Is there any magic number for adamant agility? Or just max it out
Depending on how the metagame pans out, your current magic number is 252, as with an adamant nature, you outspeed jolly choice scarf mienshao by a single point, which is a very important benchmark for UU, when we finally get all the other metagames going.

If this is for OU or Wi-fi though...I'm less sure.

I'd say a good counter is almost any pokemon that carries mach punch, especially conkeldurr, who has the bulk to take a quick attack, or technician breloom, who can take a +2 quick attack at full health and OHKO if it has a life orb or choice band.

Azumarill can also take a hit and revenge kill it, though it won't OHKO all the time.

Gliscor can also handle it pretty well, barring ice punch/fang. Landorus has the same typing, but less bulk. Neither like dealing with it for long, since this thing can set up on something that tries to straight out wall it, but diggersby's own bulk is threatened by even neutral semi-powerful stabs like opposing earthquakes.

If it manages to set up, though, most attackers that can't outspeed it will get KO'd or at least hit extremely hard.

That's the set I'm usin on him currently:

Diggersby (M) @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Quick Attack
- Earthquake
- Payback

Although payback is just filler. It can take a hit, set up, and begin breakin down frail or weakened teams.

+2 252+ Attack Quick Attack vs. 4/0 Breloom (Technician Breloom) : 91,6%-108,02% - 50% to OHKO
LO 252+ Teck. Mach Punch vs. 252Hp/0 Def Granbull (sorry, don't have a calculator for Gen 6 poke, was able to get the attack because Rattata has the same base attack so I could just go along with that, but they do have almost the same bulk) : 83,85% - 99,45% - 100% chance to 2HKO, OHKO with basically any prior damage.

If rocks or anything is up and Non-Poison Heal Breloom switches in as Diggersby SDs (and is at full health, unlikely but possible), then Diggersby could come on top with my spread. (Just for encyclopedic purposes lol)

Edit: Whoah, this thing gets agility? ... Hmmmm, I am wonderin ...

Diggersby (M) @ Silk Scarf/Life Orb/Leftovers
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 24 HP / 232 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Agility
- Earthquake
- Return

Wonder if this would be viable, a sort of "Double Dancer".

Last edited:
Diggersby is shaping up to be one of my fav pokes this gen i hated his design at first but its been growing on me. As far as sets go i think its best bets are choice band and choice scarf (latter imo) due to the numerous weaknesses and mediocrr defenses. Its weak to fighting water grass ice with resist to rock and immunity to ghost and electric. When you figure that most weaknesses have a priority attack thats se it hurts its chances to set up.

Personally i love the scarf set with return/eq/u turn/wild charge. At base 78 speed it can outspeed a great deal of pokes and hit hard. With the other huge power pokes going up to ou (medicham azumarril and mawile) diggersby will be a top notch option in uu.

Why would you waste a Pokemon with great offensive capabilities just to set some hazards?
Tell that to Scolipede. Or offensive stealth rock Heatran. Or Accelgor. Or Greninja. Or Chesnaught.

You use their offensive capabilities to set hazards. Just like you can use a defensive pokemon's defensive capabilities to set hazards.

Scolipede has supbar attack. Heatran has good defensive typing so its understandable. Accelgor is terrible. Greninja is another wasted potential. I don't mind you wasting your turns setting up hazards. I'll just blow them away with Defog. So essentially, you're just wasting turns since Defog is unblockabke.

Scolipede has supbar attack. Heatran has good defensive typing so its understandable. Accelgor is terrible. Greninja is another wasted potential. I don't mind you wasting your turns setting up hazards. I'll just blow them away with Defog. So essentially, you're just wasting turns since Defog is unblockabke.
What tier are you referring to? 90 attack is decent for NU (and scolipede is getting 100 attack this gen), Accelgor's 100 Special Attack is the same as Starmie's and is decent for RU.
Spikes Greninja is wasted potential? It can take out many defog users with pseudo-STAB ice beam.

Defog? Yea I suppose that somewhat takes away the viability of this set, but you are acting like hazards are going to be nonexistant because of it. Stone Edge is slashed because does a lot to most defog users anyway.

Diggersby excels with proper team support. As others have already mentioned, Sticky Web greatly improves its killing abilities. Tentacruel is a fantastic teammate because Diggersby loathes priority (Mach Punch, Aqua Jet, Bullet Punch) which are easily sponged by a bulky spread on Tentacruel. Tentacruel has STAB Sludge Bomb for Azumarill and has the bulk/resistances to double-switch/U-turn into Lucario and Scizor. Neither wants to eat a Scald and most will switch out. Right now I've also been testing Agility Diggersby, but I find it too underwhelming and more often than not it doesn't have a chance to pull off a sweep. I'm sticking to Choice Band and carefully maneuvering around Gengar with U-turn.

I have been extensively testing diggersby, and he is a real monster. With the ability to check many OU pokemon, I would be surprised to see this fisting bunny go below OU. He outspeeds and ohkos aegislash through defensive stance, and is immune to shadow sneak priority. Being resistant to poison and immune to ghost moves, he can easily switch in on gengar and ohko with wild charge if the gengar doesn't sub/disable. He has priority on top of it all with STAB quick attack. The one factor about diggersby that sets himself from azumarril (both have similar functions) is his STAB. STAB EQ and STAB return hurt. With his dual stab diggersby tears though physical walls. Pair him up with a pokemon that complements him well ( gyarados is my favorite option) and diggersby can hit-and-run and potentially help set up other sweepers. The moveset I recommend is EQ/Return/Wild Charge/quick attack.

This thing is not a bad bander. I'm am using it to success with these attacks. It checkes Aegislash very well.

Aegislash also hits fucking hard. It's attack reaches almost that of Kyurem. And out of all the other pure/huge power pokemon, Diggersby is the only one with double 100 stabs and u-turn. I think this will be a good UU pokemon usable in OU.

Choice Band
252 hp and atk
return
Earthquake
u-turn
quick attack

asgdf

could've been worse
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnus
I originally threw this guy on my team because I lacked a good check to Aegislash and damn it impressed me. I decided to go with a rather straightforward SD/Return/EQ/Quick attack set with a Life orb, mainly with the purpose of luring out Gliscor, which is 2HKOd by Return (assuming Toxic orb is not active yet) or OHKOd after a Swords dance, to that purpose I gave it enough speed to outpace Gliscor up to the 72 speed set that appears relatively often on the ladder (probably because Showdown recommends it). After a Swords dance boost, Quick attack is strong enough to OHKO frail things like Greninja or offensive Starmie (needs a little bit of damage to be a guaranteed kill).
I do realize that this leaves me completely walled by levitating ghosts, most importantly Gengar and Aegislash with an intact balloon, so I am strongly considering throwing Payback on there to wreck these, meaing I'll probably end up with an all-out offensive LO or band set. I've also had problems with its (in my opinion) slightly below average bulk, basically any super effective attack and it's done for. This is also the reason I can't really see Spikes being used on it if it gets them (it would be the first Ground type to actually learn spikes, wouldn't it) - almost everything has an attack that at least 2HKOs it, so it would be better off using these turns for attacking straight away in my opinion.

I originally threw this guy on my team because I lacked a good check to Aegislash and damn it impressed me. I decided to go with a rather straightforward SD/Return/EQ/Quick attack set with a Life orb, mainly with the purpose of luring out Gliscor, which is 2HKOd by Return (assuming Toxic orb is not active yet) or OHKOd after a Swords dance, to that purpose I gave it enough speed to outpace Gliscor up to the 72 speed set that appears relatively often on the ladder (probably because Showdown recommends it). After a Swords dance boost, Quick attack is strong enough to OHKO frail things like Greninja or offensive Starmie (needs a little bit of damage to be a guaranteed kill).
I do realize that this leaves me completely walled by levitating ghosts, most importantly Gengar and Aegislash with an intact balloon, so I am strongly considering throwing Payback on there to wreck these, meaing I'll probably end up with an all-out offensive LO or band set. I've also had problems with its (in my opinion) slightly below average bulk, basically any super effective attack and it's done for. This is also the reason I can't really see Spikes being used on it if it gets them (it would be the first Ground type to actually learn spikes, wouldn't it) - almost everything has an attack that at least 2HKOs it, so it would be better off using these turns for attacking straight away in my opinion.
Maybe, but remember everything with an attack could 2HKO Scolipede in gen 5 NU, and it was still a successful spiker. In fact, the fact that these offensive pokemon make so many other pokemon switch is why they are good entry hazard layers.

What tier are you referring to? 90 attack is decent for NU (and scolipede is getting 100 attack this gen), Accelgor's 100 Special Attack is the same as Starmie's and is decent for RU.
Spikes Greninja is wasted potential? It can take out many defog users with pseudo-STAB ice beam.

Defog? Yea I suppose that somewhat takes away the viability of this set, but you are acting like hazards are going to be nonexistant because of it. Stone Edge is slashed because does a lot to most defog users anyway.
Scolipede has base 100 attack, now. Just a correction.

....He just said that.
Oh, so much derp. I saw 90 and kind of just glanced over the parenthesis.

"I mean, why talk about the pre-gen 6 stat if we're talking about gen 6?" <- That was my thinking, and figured there wasn't much in those parenthesis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)