Greninja

Upstart

Copy Cat
I just received a Froakie from the wonder trade that has Mud Sport. I imagine that this implies that Mud Sport is an egg move.

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
Bestow confirmed. I got it with a chain breed from Linoone to Delibird to Froakie.

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
Mind Reader; obtained from breeding with Poliwrath.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Froakie apparently gets Ice Shard via breeding; confirmation is needed. Dewgong and Froakie can breed and Dewgong gets Ice Shard at level 17.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Froakie apparently gets Ice Shard via breeding; confirmation is needed. Dewgong and Froakie can breed and Dewgong gets Ice Shard at level 17.

Geloscheggia is the Italian name for Ice Shard. PICTURE IS FAKED

Last edited:

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I can test it out myself in within like 15 minutes 9.9

Boom, only 10 minutes. Male Dewgong from safari w/ Ice Shard and female Froakie made sweet love and out came a Froakie that did not know Ice Shard. Not an egg move. Not that Ice Shard Greninja is breaking the meta or anything, but nope.

Last edited:
So, learned something interesting today; Protean substitutes don't revert Greninja into a normal type, the subs have the typing and apply the weaknesses/resistances of whatever Greninja's typing was at the time of making the substitute.

I recently received a Froakie in a Wonder Trade. Picture below:

It came with Bounce, which has not been confirmed as an egg move. According to Serebii and Bulbapedia, the only ‘mons in the same egg group (Water 1) that learns Bounce that can be found naturally in X and Y are Mantyke and Mantine. Also, it can be technically be passed on by an member of the Azumarrill family if Azurill learns the move via level-up and evolves, though Mantine is much easier.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)