[QC Ready 2/3] Sylveon

MegaGardevoir: 124 Attack, 177 Sp. Attack
Aegislash: 171 Defense, 170 Sp. Defense, 167 HP

Moonblast (95 Fairy Special) prediction: 28-33 damage.

Damage: 31, 29.

Pixilate does nothing to moves that already are Fairy-type.
Sadly, Pixilate is going to be completely useless on Sylveon until Pokebank is opened up and Eevee can be transferred with Hyper Voice, so go with Cute Charm. Also, the Calm nature on the first set looks a bit misplaced seeing as how you're trying to invest as much in physical bulk as possible. I recommend you change that to Bold.

Governess

A Beautiful Blossom Waiting to Bloom
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ok, changed the abilities back to Cute Charm, and thank you Gibbs for catching that; fixed the nature on the first set as well.

Perhaps the Calm Mind set should run 52 Speed EVs to outpace Scizor.

edit: Brainfucked earlier, don't worry. ignore my comment.

Last edited:
Physically strong Pokemon such as Gyarados, Garchomp, Mawile
Garchomp isn't really a good example, as it fails to 2HKO defensive Sylveon without the aid of a boosting item or a swords dance, while Sylveon cleanly 2HKOs Garchomp with moonblast.

252 Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sylveon: 154-183 (39 - 46.4%)
0 SpA Sylveon Moonblast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 254-302 (70.9 - 84.3%)

C&C: Fast Taunt users such as Sableye and Crobat are good to consider because Sylveon is rather slow and becomes useless when it can't support the team
Why Sableye? It's weak to Sylveon's fairy STAB and completely fails to threaten Sylveon outside of taunt.

Last edited:
I have run Calm Mind Sylveon with Draining Kiss over Moonblast. It is very weak initially but it provides massive 75% healing, so after a few Calm Minds,you can basically spam the move and get a lot of health back every turn, which makes Sylveon a much bulkier sweeper. It looks stupid when Moonblast is so much stronger but it is actually very useful,I think it should be mentioned as an option.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)