Playoffs Smogon Tour 16 - [Won by BKC]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
At least someone pointed out the irony
does the irony really matter? i could be earthworm or i could be somalia but my point remains the same. you know, when i made the above post, i knew someone was going to post a smartass comeback like this, but really? show some class. if myself and others are making a concerted effort to reform our tournament behavior, you should be applauding that effort, not disparaging it.

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
does the irony really matter? i could be earthworm or i could be somalia but my point remains the same. you know, when i made the above post, i knew someone was going to post a smartass comeback like this, but really? show some class. if myself and others are making a concerted effort to reform our tournament behavior, you should be applauding that effort, not disparaging it.
Alf' is no doubt one of the best sports in this community. Now, how exactly are YOU attempting to reform tournament behavior? Get off your soapbox; you don't deserve applause of any sort for pointing out what everyone can see in such a pretentious manner.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
Alf' is no doubt one of the best sports in this community. Now, how exactly are YOU attempting to reform tournament behavior? Get off your soapbox; you don't deserve applause of any sort for pointing out what everyone can see in such a pretentious manner.
my apologies for attempting to bring what i believe to be an important issue to the foreground: good sportsmanship. i didn't know this would offend such a respectable and upstanding user as Eo Ut Mortus. is praising the humility of a particular user, and begging the community to reflect his example, now considered pretentious? i would be shocked to think so. yet you and your like-minded cronies feel the need to hop on my back for...what, exactly? i'm frankly surprised you are still a tournament director when you, of all people, can't appreciate the necessity of good sportsmanship and actively work against my promotion of it.

Eo, have you heard any sort of tournament scandal or trash-talk thread involving me in the past three months? the reason you haven't is because i have chosen to reform my behavior in such a way that i am no longer the egotistical trash-talking child i was a year ago. whether you choose to recognize that or not, i couldn't care less. but openly calling me out for lauding a gracious battler, and even referring to the manner in which i did so as "pretentious", is downright pathetic. i know we have had personal disputes in the past, but don't make foolish posts as a result of the anger you feel towards me. if you're frustrated, feel free to shoot me a PM at any time detailing what i've done to upset you and how it makes you feel. maybe a little group therapy session will soothe your troubled mind.

this wasn't intended to be about me. i'm not asking for applause, i'm asking for sportsmanship in the tournament scene. i figured a simple one-liner wouldn't spark such controversy. but, as usual, my past makes certain individuals feel the need to make ad homenim attacks against my person, despite the message i'm preaching, however sound it may be. it's sad, it's cruel, and it's the nature of some human beings. if you are one of those human beings, take a second to think about what you're saying before you click the "post reply" button. the community will be better for it.

Eo, have you heard any sort of tournament scandal or trash-talk thread involving me in the past three months? the reason you haven't is because i have chosen to reform my behavior in such a way that i am no longer the egotistical trash-talking child i was a year ago.
World Cup: US West didn't make playoffs
Smogon Tour: didn't play
Grand Slam: didn't play
Smogon Frontier: didn't play
OST: hasn't started yet
So your solution to the issue of having bad sportsmanship is simply to not enter any major tournaments at all. I see o.o

Lavos, take this in mind, I have had no interaction with you before. And, I may be Eo's friend (less after the hearts scandal), but note I do not support his tone or post either.

I'm all for good sportsmanship (except against ciele....), but you need to check your tone before posting something like this. It's very, patronizing, and ineffectual among other things. Maybe that was the point though.

Last edited:

Lavos

Banned deucer.
holy shit it's like any heartfelt thing i try to post gets blown out of proportion and misconstrued into something it was never intended to be. Iris i dont know you either but i wasnt intending to manipulate or patronize anyone. perhaps it was ineffectual but i was just really impressed at this guy's sportsmanship and felt the impulse to say something about it. and now im getting attacked from all angles (mostly from people who have had disputes with me in the past, which isn't surprising, some people never get over things)

question: if it wasn't me who posted it, would it have been ok? answer honestly, and if answer = yes, then that's pretty fucked up

Hop off Lavos' nuts jesus christ. He makes one post genuine and you guys turn him into this thread's next public hanging victim.

fuck i need to proofread my shit i feel foreign

Last edited:
As I just told ciele, I would have replied to anyone one who used that kind of language and wording. I also felt your sentiment about past attackers which was a strong contributing factor to why I posted. I felt as a more quiet, basically unbiased poster, you needed to see how your posts can be seen in this certain situation to people who have no past conflicts with you. To me, it was overly dramatic and unnecessary but perhaps that is necessary to fend off a lot of hate that you tend to get.

This is one of the many reasons I choose to be rather quiet.

I have no ill feelings towards you or your ideology, but I think it helps to see a different view in this situation.

Manipulative is quite mean in this situation as i deleted the explantation
Best of luck to you Lavos.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)