Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to soft reset for Yveltal, but I read that when you fight it it's similar to Zekrom in White 1 in that the game forces you to catch him to progress the story. Can you fill your PC boxes like in BW1 and rebattle Yveltal post-game? If not, are you able to check its stats right away and soft reset for a better one?

Two little questions about Round in XY

First, if a trio consisting of Mega Gardevoir, Refrigerate Aurorus and Exploud uses round, does each round hit with Fairy-type, Ice-type and Normal-type respectively, or does it keep the type of the first user, namely Megavoir?

Second, in a trio with a Mega Kangaskhan, does Round hit four times?

I want to soft reset for Yveltal, but I read that when you fight it it's similar to Zekrom in White 1 in that the game forces you to catch him to progress the story. Can you fill your PC boxes like in BW1 and rebattle Yveltal post-game? If not, are you able to check its stats right away and soft reset for a better one?
It's impossible to progress without catching it. If you KO it or run, it just respawns with different stats. Fortunately it's easy as fuck to catch. A Dusk Ball at 40% health has a legitimate chance to capture it. Save your Master Ball for Mewtwo or an event pokemon later on.

You capture it and the game gives you the option to add it to your party. If you do, you can check it's stats right there once everyone STFU and let's you battle the Team Flare leader... Only problem is the game makes you lead with it, so you'll have to use a reset bag when you eventually EV train it.

Last edited:
It's impossible to progress without catching it. If you KO it or run, it just respawns with different stats. Fortunately it's easy as fuck to catch. A Dusk Ball at 40% health has a legitimate chance to capture it. Save your Master Ball for Mewtwo or an event pokemon later on.

You capture it and the game gives you the option to add it to your party. If you do, you can check it's stats right there once everyone STFU and let's you battle the Team Flare leader... Only problem is the game makes you lead with it, so you'll have to use a reset bag when you eventually EV train it.
Do you know if you can completely fill your PC boxes so the game can let you capture it after the E4 like in BW1?

Also, what's a good nature for Yveltal? I was thinking of going Timid but now I'm thinking sucker punch could be useful so maybe Hasty?

Last edited:
hello!!
i currently run a team setup of
- Smeargle (annoying bastard with spore, SR, spikes and sticky web)
- Mega Scizor (tank/sweep/undecided)
- Azumarill (phy tank/sweeper)
- Aegislash (phy tank/sweeper)
- Greninja (sweeper)
- Goodra (special tank/sweeper)

i essentially want to run a
- Bullet Punch, Roost, U-turn and Pursuit/Swords Dance move
on my scizor.. but i can't decide his EVs. i see most of the recommendations rotating around max HP with a mix of SpD and Atk EVs. i was just wondering if i should really run that way on my scizor considering my team. a friend of mine recommend me to go full attack(make full use of bullet punch) and speed in order for me to use U-turn to run away from danger. it'd be great if anyone could advice me on how i should build my EVs ^^(kinda new to competitive battling)

BurningMan

fueled by beer
What do you think is Mienshao's placement in the current Metagame?
A lot worse then last gen, more ghosts means that HJK sucks even harder, more priority means that you can revenge kill it even easier and fairie types resisting fighting isn't great news either really other than that Reckless LO HJK still hits like a truck and Regenerator is always an awesome ability, but there are just so much better fighting types like Mega Lucario that it will rarely be worth using.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Do you know if you can completely fill your PC boxes so the game can let you capture it after the E4 like in BW1?
If you have every possible box filled before catching Yveltal, the game will create a 32nd box. You HAVE to catch Yveltal to proceed with the game.

That said, Yveltal will always have three perfect stats, so you can take it into battle and look at its stats there. If you use a Timid Synchronizer it'll be a little easier then too.

How do I unlock the 3rd pokemon in a friend safari? I'm having a really hard time running into the 3rd poke for most safari's.
I've been trying to run into a ditto for the past 2 hours and i get the same two over and over.
also, how do i get the looker mission dude to call me so i can do the missions?

How do I unlock the 3rd pokemon in a friend safari? I'm having a really hard time running into the 3rd poke for most safari's.
I've been trying to run into a ditto for the past 2 hours and i get the same two over and over.
also, how do i get the looker mission dude to call me so i can do the missions?
The other player must have beat the E4 and you two need to be online at the same time in-game. Before that you only have two slots and no Hidden Abilities.

To activate the Looker missions you need to beat your rival post-game first. To make them appear in Kiloude City you need to fight a few rounds in the Battle Maison.

Okay, I've been trying to track down a Skarmory for a while now, but several searches have not been helpful and all Bulbapedia says is "Swooping Pokemon" which is apparently different from the Pokemon that drop down on you in caves. What the heck is a "swooping Pokemon," and how do I find them?

Okay, I've been trying to track down a Skarmory for a while now, but several searches have not been helpful and all Bulbapedia says is "Swooping Pokemon" which is apparently different from the Pokemon that drop down on you in caves. What the heck is a "swooping Pokemon," and how do I find them?
I guess you find them somewhere in victory road.

I guess you find them somewhere in victory road.
To elaborate:

When walking in the area between caves in Victory Road, you sometimes see shadows in certain areas. Walking next to the shadows will generate a wild encounter with Fearow (common), Skarmory (rare), or HYDREIGON (hyper-rare). I myself got a Hydreigon encounter, but my Blastoise critted it with Surf and it died...so...back to Victory Road I go.

Genderless Pokemon still can only breed with Ditto right? So I assume it would take some extreme patience to go for a flawless Starmie or Rotom with only 2 IV Ditto's. Probably just gonna wait for Pokebank, it's just that Rotom especially is so commonly used.

1. I understand why Speed Boost Blaziken was banned, but why not just ban Speed Boost Blaziken and leave Blaze Blaziken alone? I mean, last gen you permitted Rough Skin Garchomp, so why not allow Blaze Blaziken?

2. Why is my avatar Igglybuff?

Can Electivire learn Play Rough through egg move? if so what do i breed it with?
Also Electivire was one of my favorite pokemon from gen 4 i remember him being OU back then, what changed? i looked a bit into it and the response i found was he misses some important ohko's and his speed is lackluster.
Personally I'm trying to make a team around him right now and i feel that with sticky web around and maybe gooey goodra as a teammate he can handle things better plus on the offchange i get to predict an electric attack (klefki thunder wave maybe? or a volt switch from galvantula, rotom).

Does anyone know if Friend Safari Pokemon can have held items? I have a Pokemon with Frisk, but being able to confidently rule out the possibility of them having items would take ~75 encounters before I could be reasonably sure.

Edit: Nevermind, I just frisked a Metal Coat on Magneton.

Does anyone know if Friend Safari Pokemon can have held items? I have a Pokemon with Frisk, but being able to confidently rule out the possibility of them having items would take ~75 encounters before I could be reasonably sure.
I am catching tons of Ditto with hold items.

Do all Pokemon in the Friend Safari have at least two 31 IVs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)