The Sun Always Rises (6th Gen Sun Team)

The Introduction:

Hello everyone! And welcome all to Generation 6! I have been eagerly awaiting this game for a long time, and am really excited to join the competitive battling scene once again. Eager to try out my strategies and plans again in the new Generation, I quickly began teambuilding for my favourite style of play, which is simultaneously why I enjoyed playing Generation 5 so much: Weather. Weather teams have always been my favourite play style, both before and during Generation 5, which is why I am possibly one of the few that enjoyed the Weather Wars metagame. However, quickly did I learn, that Weather-based abilities are no longer infinite. It was for the best, yes, but it threw a wrench into my favourite play style. However, while weather may have been nerfed, it was far from dead, and with a little further brainstorming and throwing in a new toy or two, I managed to tweak it enough so that my precious weather remained a fearsome sight. So, without further ado, my most successful weather team thus far.

Team At A Glance:

Team Building Process:

Well, knowing I wanted weather, I first looked to the setter. Naturally, Ninetales was the obvious option, and it would have been what I started with. Then, I saw this thing called Charizard. Charizard just happened to get two Mega Evolutions this generation, and one of them gets Drought. This was probably the biggest adaptation I made to a weather team in order to compensate for the abilities no longer being permanent, but more on that later. Besides being able to set Sun now, Charizard has some absolute power under it, and is set in stone as one of the stars of this team.

Now, with Charizard in for the start of this team, I looked for another excellent sweeper that can benefit from the sun. I have used the likes of Sawsbuck on some teams before to great success, but decided to give it a pass this time, adding some new options to give my team a fresh look. Venusaur was a natural fit. Now, with Charizard getting Drought, the two Kanto starters have become best friends. Venusaur is fearsome under the sun thanks to its Hidden Ability: Chlorophyll. With the incredible power Venusaur can deliver under the sun, as well as having no problems dealing with Charizard's main weaknesses (and vice versa), Venusaur fights alongside his Kanto starter buddy.

With two very potent sweepers in the form of Charizard and Venusaur, I looked for something to round out my offensive core. It didn't take long to realize I needed a wallbreaker, and while I have used the likes of Escavalier before to success on previous Sun teams, it didn't quite fit in with the new team. Several options got explored, but either the type synergy was off or it otherwise didn't really fit into the team. Then, I saw Mamoswine. An Ice typing, while at first glance a weird choice on a Sun team, fits in so well with my offensive core, as I had no real way of dealing with Dragons. Mamoswine is one of the best Dragon hunters in the game, as well as an excellent wallbreaker. Thus, Mamoswine was chosen to round out my Offensive core.

With both Charizard and Mamoswine, as well as the planned addition of Ninetales, Stealth Rock became a very apparent weakness. So, I started looking not only for a spinner, but a support Pokemon in general, as my sweepers always appreciated their job being a little bit easier. After some digging around, I found myself looking at a Starmie. While Starmie is generally used as an offensive spinner, and for good reason, it appealed to me for a different reason: its excellent support movepool. With access to not only Rapid Spin, but the dual screens as well, Starmie found itself on the team serving not as an offensive spinner, but a defensive one. Its typing shores up some key type weaknesses, and can actually take more than you might think. Not to mention, a defensive Starmie has a surprise factor about it, and makes it more difficult to plan for.

With my offensive core filled, and a nice support option to help them out, a thought had occured to me: What happens late game? What if my Sun setters are dead. Sure, Mamoswine functions just fine outside of the sun, but he isn't exactly hard to counter when he's all I have. So, I decided I needed to find myself a late game cleaner, and while I was at it, a Dragon typing couldn't hurt. Sure, several options were there. Salamence, Garchomp, Dragonite, even Noivern or Goodra. However, none of them really seemed to fit (well that, and I just don't like Garchomp). In the case of Salamence and Dragonite, it added another Electric weakness which was beginning to become prevalent with Charizard and Starmie, and while the immunity to Ground type attacks was nice, it didn't help out my type synergy a ton. But, then there was one Dragon that was immune to both Ground and Electric. His name was Flygon. I've run Flygon on Sun teams before, and besides Ninetales is the only Pokemon to make a return appearance on my first Generation 6 Sun team. I personally think Flygon is highly underrated. With an Immunity to both Ground and Electric, decent offensive stats, and a good offensive typing, Flygon was a natural fit as a late game cleaner, being able to comfortably take out already weakened targets should my sweepers or Mamoswine not be able to for whatever reason. A Dragon type is always handy, too.

So, I had myself an offensive core in Charizard, Venusaur, and Mamoswine, a support spinner in the form of Starmie, and a late game cleaner with Flygon, now it was time to bring in the revelation I had to combat the nerf to weather this generation. Ninetales. At first glance, Ninetales doesn't provide anything radically different. The Drought user. The Sun Bringer. Just like Generation 5. The difference this gen is that Drought only lasts five turns (or 8 with a Heat Rock), no different to Sunny Day, with the difference of not requiring a turn to set up. Now, most weather players have overcome this by having a back up weather setter, another Pokemon with the weather move of choice to keep it up for your team, potentially losing momentum and having to waste a turn getting it up. That's how it is for Rain, Sand, and Hail. However, Sun, however, has gained a brand new toy: Mega Charizard Y. Charizard now has access to Drought, which means OU is now blessed with two Drought setters. This is my adaptation, my evolution as it were, if the new, "nerfed" weather metagame. Two Drought setters on the same team. Following the same strategy as the other weathers of having two weather setters, with a key difference. I don't need to waste a turn setting up Sun with my secondary setter. No lost turn and no lost momentum, meaning you can just keeping rolling on with your Sun up and your sweepers primed.

After further playtesting, it became very apparent that Starmie did not synergize with the rest of the team. Sure, Rapid Spin was great, but it is not defensive and I soon found my defensive core crumbling. It also became apparent that I had a huge Talonflame weakness and was in desperate need of a check. Options such as Espeon and Xatu were brought forward for their great general bulk and hazard counter in Magic Bounce, and while I liked the idea, they didn`t mesh well with the team and I still lacked a solid check to Talonflame. Then, Mandibuzz came along. A nice, defensive Pokemon with access to Defog. Defog works way better for this team than Rapid Spin does since this team does not use hazards of their own and so can Defog all day. Plus, Defog can`t be blocked. So, I tested Mandibuzz, and sure enough, I had found my fit.

An In-Depth Look:

Charzy the Shiny Charizard (M)@Charizardite Y
Ability: Solar Power > Drought
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
4 HP/252 Sp. A/252 Spe
-Fire Blast
-Solar Beam
-Dragon Pulse
-Roost

Let me just start out by saying, Charizard is back. Both of his Mega Evolutions are fantastic for different reasons, but I went with Y for the purpose of this team. Now, YZard is an absolute monster. Its monstrous Special Attack stat, combined with the free Sun boost and a deadly STAB in the form of Fire Blast, he can absolutely wreck those who are unprepared to face him. This set is fairly simple. Fire Blast anything that you don't have a super effective move for. Even resisted, a STAB Fire Blast coming from YZard in the Sun hits incredibly hard, and you'd be hard pressed to switch into it knowing that. Solar Beam is a great coverage move, and you can catch so many Water type switch ins off-guard if you lure them out with your standard, unevolved Charizard. It also helps with those pesky Rock types that just ruin Charizard's day. Dragon Pulse gives Zard something to hit Dragons with, as well as gives it some good neutral coverage. Roost is pretty self explanatory. Whenever you get low, just Roost up to gain some health back and continue your onslaught.

Petals the Venusaur (M)@Black Sludge
Ability: Chlorophyll
Mild Nature (+Sp. A, -Def)
4 Atk/252 Sp. A/252 Spe
-Growth
-Giga Drain
-Sludge Bomb
-Earthquake

Ah, Venusaur. It feels good to use you alongside your starter comrade once again. Venusaur was one of, if not the, best Chlorophyll user in the game in Generation 5, and I can't see that changing anytime soon. The set here is pretty standard. Growth is an amazing boosting move while in the sun, giving both +2 Atk and +2 Sp. A simultaneously, and making Venusaur lethal to anything unfortunate enough to be weak against it. Giga Drain is an amazing STAB move, providing some great damage while simultaneously healing him, making him incredibly hard to take out. Sludge Bomb is his secondary STAB move, and actually worth using now that Fairy exists and Grass Pokemon have become more popular. Earthquake rounds out the move set nicely, giving Venusaur a tool to hit the Steel types that would otherwise wall him, as well as being able to deal with the Electric types that give poor old Charizard trouble.

Vullie the Mandibuzz (F)@Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
Impish Nature (+Def, -Sp. A)
252 HP/4 Atk/252 Def
-Defog
-Taunt
-Roost
-Brave Bird

The newcomer to the team, but shoring up some very key holes. Mandibuzz comes in as a replacement for Starmie to both round out the defensive side of things while still providing a spinner, as well as provides a crucial check to Talonflame who just walks all over this team. Plus, she's a pretty good physical wall, too. Defog is the main highlight of this set, and works perfectly for this team since I don't have hazards of my own to be swept away by it and it can't be blocked like Rapid Spin can. Taunt is to make opposing sweepers pretty much useless and force them to switch. Always a handy tool to have. Roost is, well, Roost. Always good to keep your walls nice and healthy. Brave Bird is mostly there to prevent her from being Taunt bait, but is in itself a very good attack and can hit some things pretty hard.

Mammoth the Mamoswine (M)@Choice Band
Ability: Thick Fat
Adamant Nature (+Atk, - Sp. A)
252 HP/252 Atk/4 Sp. D
-Ice Shard
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Icicle Crash

I love Mamoswine. He's one of my favourite Pokemon. Awesome design, cool typing, and, most importantly, a powerful beast. Mamoswine serves as both the Dragon hunter and Wallbreaker of the team, fulfilling both of these roles exceptionally well with a Choice Band. Ice Shard is your primary attack here, scoring some easy revenge kills on Dragons as well as some good damage. Earthquake is your secondary STAB and hits hard coming from a Banded Mamoswine, which is a very attractive trait for a Wallbreaker. Stone Edge rounds out the coverage nicely, giving Mamoswine the famous EdgeQuake combo and allowing it to hit the likes of Talonflame pretty hard. Icicle Crash fulfills as a secondary Ice STAB, whenever I need to boost in power to take out a powerful Dragon opposing the team or the likes of Gliscor.

Apollo the Shiny Ninetales (F)@Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
Calm Nature
252 HP/4 Sp. A/252 Sp. D
-Substitute
-Toxic
-Will-O-Wisp
-Fire Blast

The primary weather setter of the team. While in the past I would have gone with a more offensive Ninetales set, with Charizard getting Drought and being a much better sweeper under the sun, this iteration of Ninetales fills a more supportive role. Substitute both allows Ninetales to scout and gives her a free hit when the enemy switches. Toxic is used to cripple any walls who think Ninetales is an offensive set, putting them on a timer and reducing their effectiveness. Will-O-Wisp, similar to Toxic, is useful for crippling physical attackers, both adding to her own survivability as well as making her sweepers a little bit safer. Fire Blast is there for a powerful STAB, especially under the sun, and so she isn't complete Taunt bait.

Dragonfly the Flygon (F)@Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -Sp. A)
252 Atk/4 Sp. D/252 Spe
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-U-Turn
-Stone Edge

Good ol' Flygon. Always been one of my favourite Dragon designs. But, I digress. Flygon serves as a late game cleaner, scout, and general attacker for the team, and makes a return for the newest iteration of a Sun team. The set really hasn't changed all that much from her original Sun team set, as she serves pretty much the same role she always did. Dragon Claw is a good STAB attack useful for hitting opposing Dragons, as well as a lot neutrally. I opted for Dragon Claw over Outrage as this Flygon set is not designed to get locked in, but rather function as a scout and fast attacker. Earthquake is the go-to Ground STAB for physical Ground types, and Flygon is no exception. It allows her to hit Steel types hard, and makes sure she isn't completely walled by Scizor or Aggron. U-Turn is a great move for scouting a getting out of a jam, and with a Choice Scarf ensures she gets her scouting done effectively. Stone Edge adds a nice little coverage move and provides the EdgeQuake combo famed among Pokemon kind, hitting the likes of Talonflame hard.

In Memory of Teammate's Past:

Gemini the Starmie (N)@Light Clay
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature (+Spe, - Atk)
252 HP/4 Sp. A/252 Spe
-Reflect
-Light Screen
-Rapid Spin
-Thunderbolt

Unlike the others so far, this set isn't exactly standard, and that in itself works to my advantage. While most Starmie fulfill the role of an offensive spinner, I decided to not go that route, as my team already had several powerful offensive tools. Instead, I opted to use a Dual Screen support Starmie to aid in my sweeper's survivability while also providing valuable Rapid Spin support to help poor old Charizard get in a bit easier. Despite not being standard, this set is pretty straightforward. Reflect and Light Screen are what they say on the box: used to boost up the defenses of the rest of my team and aid in their survivability, particularly the sweepers. Rapid Spin is crucial for getting rid of those pesky little Stealth Rocks, which Charizard, Mamoswine, and Ninetales all prefer to live without, as well as any Spikes or Toxic Spikes they enemy may have thrown down. Thunderbolt gives Starmie at least some kind of offensive presence, allowing it to hit Water types and Flying types for Super Effective damage in case either Venusaur or Mamoswine isn't able to for whatever reason.

Well, that's it. My first 6th Gen RMT is at it's end. If you have read this far, I appreciate you taking the time to read through my team and take a look at my new way to combat no perma-weather. I am very proud of this team in design and has so far executed very well, but any suggestions are welcome to make this team the best it can be.

NOTE: I intend on translating this team to an in-game team, as me and my friends have a little local league we play in using the carts. Please keep that in mind.​

Last edited:
I have only recently started experimenting with competitive play, and I have tried making a sun team on some similar ideas. Your team is really helpful for me as it helps me point out some of my flaws. I can't help rate your team, but I really like it, and your explanations of your team are quite helpful for myself. Thanks for that.

I'm glad my team could give you some pointers. As I said before, weather has always been one of my favourite play styles. I just love the thematic elements behind it.

Any other comments on the team?

I'd recommend keeping STAB on Starmie. You do have coverage for the types it hits (as you said) and it needs to do that damage.

instead of dual screen pick the one that helps your team the most and replace the lesser one with ice beam for the reliable beam bolt combo

First thing that I noticed is the lack of entry hazards, why not run a Defog user instead of a Rapid Spinner? Or even a Magic Bounce user (Espeon has Baton Pass and can setup dual screens, Xatu has access to Defog and U-turn)

the poke sweeper

Pokémon Master
I was a huge drought and Sandstorm abuser last gen, mainly performing sweeps (hence my username) and I love the fact you're trying to bring back a "dead" style. As one drought user to another i suggest dropping starmie for a xatu. Xatu is just a bulkier magic bouncer than espeon and has always put some pressure on my opponents because no one likes hazards. heres my set
Xatu
@ rocky helmet
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 Hp/ 204 Def/ 56 Speed
Bold Nature
~U-Turn
~Toxic
~Roost
~Heat Wave

Hey, cool team! I was wondering though, how do you handle Talonflame? Specifically the swords dancing variants? The strong priority flying moves look like they could be a problem.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Just by taking a 10-seconds long look at your team I can say with confidence that absolutely nothing on your team can take on Talonflame, one of the most commonly used Pokemon in the current chaotic metagame. Same goes to mixed Aegislash. And physically-defensive Rotom-W. All 3 of which are one of the top-used Pokemon currently. Let that sink in a little bit.

To elaborate some more, priority Brave Bird pretty much does the trick with some hazard support which really isn't so hard to get. Zard, Starmie, and Ninetales are all stopped hard by Tyranitar and mega ttar practically shits all over this team.

Aegislash isn't as problematic since I think you can deal with it, but mixed Aegislash with Shadow Ball can hurt your team. And then Physically-defensive Rotom-W.. well, basically not a single Pokemon in your team that can take it on directly. It can burn Flygon as you switch it in predicting a volt switch, and if it carries HP Ice then it's gg (personally idk if they usually do, but yeah).

If sun runs out then your Venusaur is rendered useless and your Charizard Y will suffer against specially defensive ttar (which is pretty common).

also, ninja'd by jadderpillar on the Flametalon weakness.

Venusaur handles Rotom-W just fine, as it deals super effective damage while also healing up with Giga Drain and doesn't really give a shit about burn (except for Earthquake, which both Mamoswine and Flygon carry as STABs anyway). I have had very little trouble with Aegislash thus far and I can just send out Ninetales for the Will-O-Wisp a d then either Fire Blast it or EQ it when he decides to attack. Talonflame is by far the biggest issue this team faces, as besides Mamoswine I don't really have super effective coverage for it. Starmie helps with that a bit providing Reflect and carrying a surprise Thunderbolt, and resisting the Fire STAB (though the priority Flying is a pain). I just laugh whenever I see Tyranitar, as it gets OHKO'd by Mamoswine's Earthquake, which removes sand and give me free Sun for the rest of the game. I always put Mamoswine in if I'm expecting a switch to TTar (especially since Assault Vest TTar is the most popular set).

So yeah, Talonflame is the biggest threat to this team (though running a Magic Bouncer and putting Rocks down for free should help with that. Currently experimenting with that over Starmie). Any suggestions on how to handle the annoying bird is welcome.

I was a huge drought and Sandstorm abuser last gen, mainly performing sweeps (hence my username) and I love the fact you're trying to bring back a "dead" style. As one drought user to another i suggest dropping starmie for a xatu. Xatu is just a bulkier magic bouncer than espeon and has always put some pressure on my opponents because no one likes hazards. heres my set
Xatu
@ rocky helmet
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 Hp/ 204 Def/ 56 Speed
Bold Nature
~U-Turn
~Toxic
~Roost
~Heat Wave
It's hard to call Xatu "bulkier" in general compared to espeon, since his 65/70/70 defenses aren't much better physically than espeon's 65/60/95, and Xatu is definitely more specially frail than Espeon. His big assets are his better ability to function outside of sun (since espeon's morning sun is very drought reliant) and the ability to U-Turn. Also the ability to thunder wave, which you don't use here. It should also be noted that BOTH espeon AND Xatu can set up dual screens.

However, instead of going for a rapid spin or magic bounce user, I'd just go for a defog user, since you don't actually have any hazards on your team. There are a number of great defog users, but since you're trying to fill the space of a physical wall, you might consider Skarmory, who can both phaze to stop set up as well as remove hazards with defog, while also having the valuable ability to stop many physical attackers cold.

Next, Flygon seems quite... lacking. Frankly, he has terrible bulk, and should almost never see roost; a choiced set, such as a choice band or a choice scarf, can help differentiate him, since the only real way that Flygon differentiates himself from the other physical dragons (particularly salamence) is his access to U-Turn. Something like this might work better:

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- U-Turn
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Claw

This gives you a solid revenge killer when the sun isn't up (especially against Ice Resistors, like Volcarona) as well as a better ability to scout with U-Turn without taking damage from Life Orb; it's really the only niche in which Flygon isn't outclassed. With your original set, you might as well use Dragonite, who boasts more bulk, and a better ability.

Additionally, rather than Flygon, you might consider Terrakion as a nice scarfer and late game cleaner:

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Earthquake

Or something like Infernape, which would abuse the sun boost better.

After looking up defog, I found some other users you could consider: Mandibuzz, who possesses formidable bulk and a large support movepool; Crobat, who's an incredibly fast user and has other support or offensive options like taunt or brave bird; scizor, who's, well, scizor; and also Shiftry, who could be an interesting fit if you wanted to try out another chlorophyll abuser. Each has access to defog to clear entry hazards.

Also, both Mandibuzz and (phys defensive) Crobat can check talonflame, I believe, so you might look into one of those two.

I am definitely liking the Mandibuzz idea, as a Talonflame check is pretty desperately needed. As for Flygon, you're right in saying a Choice Scarf set would work better, so I'll tool around with that as well. Thanks a lot for the feedback!

I'd suggest a bulky Zapdos as a defog user. It learns Heat Wave, which can work nicely in the sun, and it gives you Volt Switch after it has done its job and makes it into a nice pivot.

think dragonite would be a better choice than flygon for this team. also dont see the point of ninetails sure it sets weather too but do you really need two weather set ups charizard is bulkier stronger and overall just because theres another pokemon that can set up the sun now doesnt mean you should have both of them on your team. honestly only use for ninetails is the sun. since charizard can do that i think you should replace it with donphan. you can give it stealth rocks,rapid spin, ice shard and earthquake. now you can remove starmie for another pokemon since you got a rapid spinner now and a decent attack with bulk. or you can replace rapid spin on starmie for another move

I like the idea, and am building a similar team.

In response to Sleeplessace, I believe both Ninetales and Charizard on the team is nearly essential. Sun isn't permanent anymore, and if you were only using one of them and lost that Pokemon, you'd be out of luck. Also, they serve two separate purposes. Charizard is a mid-game Pokemon, not really the lead. Use Ninetales to bring in the sun first, using Heat Rock to increase the duration (something Mega Charizard can't do), then you can use Ninetales to burn a threat or two, and even take down a couple Pokemon. Now that you've already got the sun going, you can make use of Charizard's Solar Power ability, getting a nice boost while the sun is out, then mega evolve him once the sun fades to get it right back. =P

I would also suggest a Blaziken for the team. He's a real beast with Speed Boost, and gains nice stab damage from the sun. However, I'm not sure how good/bad it is to have two set-up Pokemon on the same team, as I'm somewhat new to competitive battling.

^^ Blaziken is banned to Ubers, so that's out of the question. Besides, he'd only worsen the Talonflame weakness of the team :P

Flygon also makes for a decent defog user, being immune to all the ground hazards and taking just 6% from SR. He's not the bulkiest, but being one of the faster defoggers does have a certain niche. I'm not exactly sure how that Starmie works, as I found it to be quite frail, usually. Not too experienced with weather teams, but maybe Rotom-W could work on Starmie's spot? If you really want the screens, it can run them, no idea to what extent, though. It also gives you a decent Talonflame check.

EDIT: Crap, sorry for the necro. Forgot I was searching up old topics...

Uhmm, just a small nitpick but I think you shouldn't run 252 Speed on your Venusaur. Since you'll be using it mostly in the sun thus raising it's speed, I suggest putting a few EV's to HP or even Attack. Just invest enough to out speed what you need to out speed. Otherwise, this team looks good!

I used this team as a blueprint with a few exceptions.

Muff Muncher (Charizard) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Solar Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Air Slash

Focus blast>dragon pulse for heatran and t-tar

Vagisuar (Venusaur) @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 46 HP / 252 SAtk / 200 Spd
Mild Nature
- Growth
- Sludge Bomb
- Earthquake
- Giga Drain
Just enough speed with sun to outspeed 100 base speed scarfed pokemon or x1.5 sp poke 492sp to 490sp. Ive had more times where im to a sliver of health than having the problem of being out sped.

RING-DING-DING-DING! (Ninetales) @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Fire Blast
- Toxic
- Roar

Great counter to Genesect, just my SP wall and sun setter. Idk how many times ive lef with landurus-t and switched to ninetails and ate up an ice beam.

Tuna Slayer (Mandibuzz) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Foul Play
- Defog
- Taunt

With foul play over bravebird hes a great talon flame counter and any dragon dance/SD set. This can take a +2 dragon claw from garchomp and do huge damge back with foul play. Same thing for talon flame it takes a +2 brave bird/flare blitz and with the recoil damage foul play knocks him out.

Ur mom lolz (Mamoswine) @ Focus Sash

Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash

Another talon flame( and zard y) counter with stone edge. as long as there are no hazards they bring him to his sash and he KOs with stone edge

Whiskers (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Superpower
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Explosion

I tried him over flygon and he works great i needed a physical attacker to take down the likes of chansey and blissey(which i still have a huge problem with landing a hit on). I run explosion just for the Lols over stone edge but that could be a viable option too. Great for chipping away hp with u-turn and intimidate is very helpful. Ive KOed alot of lead pokemon with them expecting a lead stealth rocks and taking a u-turn or superpower to the face.

Over all i have problems with physical walls like chansey and porygon2 that i have to work around but ive had alot of success and fun with this team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)