Pokémon Sylveon

Status
Not open for further replies.
This kind of sets I hate, you are WALLED utterly by special pokemons, namely Florges, Sylveon, Mega Blastiose, Blissey (omg Shadow ball doesn't do even 1%) going for Wish you'd easily be 2HKO-ed by a lot of things if you don't Protect, going for Sub you don't have a healing move and you fail as a wall. Sorry but this set, I don't see t balanced.
You do know that you have five other mons to take care of the special walls the CM set on Sylveon can't beat? There is team preview. The smart play would be to figure out what the opponent is running, see if there are any special walls (like Blissey) that need to be taken care of, and then start CMing AFTER the special walls are gone.

There is merit in a CM Sylveon set. You have to run it smartly, like any other Pokemon moveset.

Completely stupid idea/question here.... but for a fun sort of 'mon (In tier of FEAR)

What about a Sylveon with Pixilate, Focus Sash, and Last Resort?
140 base power + 30% boost = 182 + Stab = 273?

Give it a Att/Spe EV Spread with Jolly, and maximize speed (To potentially outspeed pokes?)

for everyone going around the 30% boost to power that's just STAB. i've tried on one sylveon with pixilate and one without it and the one with it did more damage but the damage wasn't enough to account for a 30% increase and STAB :( speaking of which, thoughts on duo screen sylveon?

for everyone going around the 30% boost to power that's just STAB. i've tried on one sylveon with pixilate and one without it and the one with it did more damage but the damage wasn't enough to account for a 30% increase and STAB :( speaking of which, thoughts on duo screen sylveon?
It must be something from your end, the folks at the Battle Mechanics Research thread confirmed the 30% boost more than a few times.

ManlySylveon

Banned deucer.
I was thinking of running 252 hp 252 def 4 sp.atk Bold with:

Moonblast
Wish
Reflect (I've less answers to physical sweepers on my team)

But I get really torn on the last move. I was thinking Heal Bell for extra utility but would sylveon go down too easily? Protect seems a safe staple but I worry about my teams hatred of status.

I'm not a competitive player - even standard in-game WiFi - though I do (did) like to breed in 5th gen.
The story Sylveon I'm currently using in WiFi battles is doing pretty well with Big Root Draining Kiss, considering the fact that it is a story 'mon and I don't know the IVs and it has story-spread EVs.
I'm thinking of continuing running what I've been running, though with a more "competitive" moveset.

Here's what I have so far:

Sylveon ♀ @ Big Root
Ability: Cute Charm
Nature: Bold
132 HP/ 252 Def/ 124 SpAtk
- Calm Mind
- Draining Kiss
- Protect/ Subsitute
- Shadow Ball/ Psyshock/ etc.

Once again, I'm not a (very good) competitive player - I mostly just breed (RNG abuse in 5th gen) - though Big Root Draining Kiss Sylveon has served me well against Mega Mewtwo Y and other ridiculous Pokémon more than once - barring any Steel/Poison types.

Maybe more HP investment is not the way to go, since I'm relying on recovery from an attacking move, so I might be able to be a bulky attacker. Maybe? I don't know.

here's what i want to run for my sylveon:
Sylveon (female) @ light clay/big roots
Cute Charm
bold - 252 HP/ 252 Def / 4 SpD
calm mind
barrier
draining kiss
heal bell/shadow ball

set up on walls and survive past sweepers to drain their HP with the kiss. shadow ball for coverage but heal bell is for team support.

here's what i want to run for my sylveon:
Sylveon (female) @ light clay/big roots
Cute Charm
bold - 252 HP/ 252 Def / 4 SpD
calm mind
barrier
draining kiss
heal bell/shadow ball

set up on walls and survive past sweepers to drain their HP with the kiss. shadow ball for coverage but heal bell is for team support.

You can't get Barrier, I think.

Sylveon is pretty awesome, but you guys have the wrong idea with Calm Mind / Dual Screens. Those two sets are decent, but they either have some sort of major flaw or they're outclassed by some other Pokemon. I would pretty much always use CM Clefable (who btw is fucking amazing; try it if you haven't already) over CM Sylveon, and I would pretty much always use something like Latias or Latios over Dual Screens Sylveon (and dual screens isnt even that great of a strategy, especially on a slow Pokemon like Sylveon) I mean both sets are decent, but they're not nearly as good as a defensive set or even a Choice Specs set.

The real good set of Sylveon is the standard 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD with a Calm Nature. Sylveon is a pretty awesome defensive Pokemon; it has very good special bulk with 95 / 130 defenses, reliable recovery as well as Heal Bell, and it actually hits pretty hard back. Sylveon is one of the strongest defensive Pokemon you will find, which means that Sylveon can retaliate vs various defensive Pokemon pretty easily. Zapdos (just using it as an example because of its bulk + neutrality), for example, takes around 50% from uninvested Pixilate Hyper Voice.

As for Choice Specs, I haven't tried it yet, but it seems pretty decent in theory as that Pixilate Hyper Voice hurts. You would use something like Hyper Voice / Shadow Ball / Hidden Power Ground / Baton Pass if you were to use Choice Specs.

Also please don't use Big Root... it's a really bad item that should not see use on anything. There's a reason it's never used in competitive Pokemon: it's outclassed by Leftovers.

Note I'm talking about post Pokebank. Sylveon is not nearly as enticing to use without Pixilate Hyper Voice and Heal Bell imo.

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
At first I thought that, but I'm not sure if Hyper Voice is that much better than Moon blast since it has no other effect.

On the CM Baton pass set, Cute charm has some cute interaction with BP. If they get hit by cute charm, you can baton pass on their switch. If they don't switch, you have a 50% of having a free switch in to whatever you want seeing as how 65 base speed will help you go slower than most other mons.

I'll be re-RNGing my two Eevees for their DW Abilities and tutoring Hyper Voice.

EDIT: On the other hand, I'll just add them on as another option. Hyper Voice goes through Substitute.

At first I thought that, but I'm not sure if Hyper Voice is that much better than Moon blast since it has no other effect.

On the CM Baton pass set, Cute charm has some cute interaction with BP. If they get hit by cute charm, you can baton pass on their switch. If they don't switch, you have a 50% of having a free switch in to whatever you want seeing as how 65 base speed will help you go slower than most other mons.
It doesn't have no other effect. Hyper Voice passes through Substitute as of Generation VI.

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
It's way better. Hyper Voice is 117 BP, that's on the level of Blizzard, Fire Blast, etc. in past gens. With 100% accuracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)