Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. I understand why Speed Boost Blaziken was banned, but why not just ban Speed Boost Blaziken and leave Blaze Blaziken alone? I mean, last gen you permitted Rough Skin Garchomp, so why not allow Blaze Blaziken?

2. Why is my avatar Igglybuff?
1. Last gen Sand Veil as a whole was banned, not just on Garchomp. We can either ban Speed Boost altogether (Ninjask and Scolipede are not broken), or ban Blaziken. Smogon does not do complex bans.

2. chaos's RNG fucked you up.

Wouldn't it be more accurate to call the pre-Pokebank metagame "2013" because Pokebank is only available at the very end of 2013?
I don't know how you're gauging "accuracy", but it would certainly be a pointless change because you're taking a very descriptive name and changing it to a very generic one.

Do all Pokemon in the Friend Safari have at least two 31 IVs?
Yes. If they're unbreedable baby Pokemon (like Togepi) then they will have 3 31 IVs, which is the case for all unbreedable Pokemon caught in the wild (wild Riolu, Togepi, and legendaries, etc.).

So I was breeding Gastly the other night with a 31/31/x/31/31/31 and a x/31/31/31/31/31. After a bunch of failures to get 31/x/31/31/31/31, within a set of 5 eggs I ended up with a male 31/31/31/31/31/31 AND a female 31/31/31/31/31/31. My mind sort of boggled thinking how crazy lucky I was... napkin math says the odds of any individual egg being 6IV even with 5IV parents having the IVs you were looking for is 1/192 (1/6 for the Destiny Knot stat being right, 1/32 for the random stat), so two in five would be, what, 1/7300ish?

I decided I might as well breed a bunch of 5IV Gastly from my perfect breeding pair so I set them up in the daycare and started hatching. About the 3rd batch I got my first 31/x/31/31/31/31. Then about the 5th batch I got ANOTHER male and female 31/31/31/31/31/31, in the same batch, right beside each other in my party.

At this point I can't believe that I hit the most useless lottery-like odds of all time. What is up with the RNG here? Is there something about breeding and IVs that I'm not understanding? I haven't done a ton of breeding in XY yet but breeding up a few other things I never saw anything weird like this. Is it something to do with Gastly or is this really just dumb RNG luck of the highest order?

...did Munchlax really lose access to Recycle this generation? That's really weird, considering it was a level-up move last generation. Now that I think of it, has there ever been any level up moves lost between generations, other than that?

So I was breeding Gastly the other night with a 31/31/x/31/31/31 and a x/31/31/31/31/31. After a bunch of failures to get 31/x/31/31/31/31, within a set of 5 eggs I ended up with a male 31/31/31/31/31/31 AND a female 31/31/31/31/31/31. My mind sort of boggled thinking how crazy lucky I was... napkin math says the odds of any individual egg being 6IV even with 5IV parents having the IVs you were looking for is 1/192 (1/6 for the Destiny Knot stat being right, 1/32 for the random stat), so two in five would be, what, 1/7300ish?

I decided I might as well breed a bunch of 5IV Gastly from my perfect breeding pair so I set them up in the daycare and started hatching. About the 3rd batch I got my first 31/x/31/31/31/31. Then about the 5th batch I got ANOTHER male and female 31/31/31/31/31/31, in the same batch, right beside each other in my party.

At this point I can't believe that I hit the most useless lottery-like odds of all time. What is up with the RNG here? Is there something about breeding and IVs that I'm not understanding? I haven't done a ton of breeding in XY yet but breeding up a few other things I never saw anything weird like this. Is it something to do with Gastly or is this really just dumb RNG luck of the highest order?
Your math is overstating your luck. With your setup it would only be a 1/32 chance of getting a hex flawless.

Does the move relearner teach any pokemon all the attacks it learns upto level100 at any level? Like if i have a level 1 snivy and take it to the relearner can i teach it leafstorm?
Think i heard this somewhere and im wondering if its true. Would be cool of little cup.

hello!!
i currently run a team setup of
- Smeargle (annoying bastard with spore, SR, spikes and sticky web)
- Mega Scizor (tank/sweep/undecided)
- Azumarill (phy tank/sweeper)
- Aegislash (phy tank/sweeper)
- Greninja (sweeper)
- Goodra (special tank/sweeper)

i essentially want to run a
- Bullet Punch, Roost, U-turn and Pursuit/Swords Dance move
on my scizor.. but i can't decide his EVs. i see most of the recommendations rotating around max HP with a mix of SpD and Atk EVs. i was just wondering if i should really run that way on my scizor considering my team. a friend of mine recommend me to go full attack(make full use of bullet punch) and speed in order for me to use U-turn to run away from danger. it'd be great if anyone could advice me on how i should build my EVs ^^(kinda new to competitive battling)

Does the move relearner teach any pokemon all the attacks it learns upto level100 at any level? Like if i have a level 1 snivy and take it to the relearner can i teach it leafstorm?
Think i heard this somewhere and im wondering if its true. Would be cool of little cup.
No, the Move relearner only allows you to relearn moves the mon would have learned until its current level, and/or forgotten egg moves. So if you use the move relearner on a lvl 1 Snivy, it will only show lvl 1 moves, and/or egg moves if it has forgotten any.

I know that this will sound very newbie but could anyone tell me the breakdown of having a stealth rock mamoswine ? Thanks :/

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
I know that this will sound very newbie but could anyone tell me the breakdown of having a stealth rock mamoswine ? Thanks :/
By this I think you mean how to get one? Smeargle -> Sketch Stealth Rock from Carbink (Because he learns it super early) -> Breed Male Smeargle with Female Mamoswine -> Boom SR Mamo.

Is the ability Rock Head on Tyrantrum legal at the moment?
No. It's only been found in the Battle Maison.

Okay, so you know how the Pokeball/Great Ball/Etc of the parent will transfer from the parent to the baby? Well I'm a bit confused on something, cause I keep getting babies in Pokeballs, even though one of the parents had a different kind of ball. So my question is, do both parents have to have the same ball for it to transfer to the child? If you had different balls, would that mean, the child would always end up in a Pokeball?

Nevermind, figured out that it's always the females that transfer the whatever Ball you have her in, and that Ditto doesn't count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)