Gourgeist

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
TM06 Toxic
TM10 Hidden Power
TM11 Sunny Day
TM16 Light Screen
TM17 Protect
TM20 Safeguard
TM21 Frustration
TM22 Solar Beam
TM27 Return
TM29 Psychic
TM30 Shadow Ball
TM32 Double Team
TM35 Flamethrower
TM36 Sludge Bomb
TM38 Fire Blast
TM42 Facade
TM43 Flame Charge
TM44 Rest
TM45 Attract
TM46 Thief
TM48 Round
TM53 Energy Ball
TM57 Charge Beam
TM59 Incinerate
TM61 Will-O-Wisp
TM64 Explosion
TM70 Flash
TM74 Gyro Ball
TM80 Rock Slide
TM85 Dream Eater
TM86 Grass Knot
TM87 Swagger
TM88 Sleep Talk
TM90 Substitute
TM92 Trick Room
TM94 Rock Smash
TM96 Nature Power
TM97 Dark Pulse
TM100 Confide

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Complete TM compatibility for Gourgeist:

TM06 Toxic
TM10 Hidden Power
TM11 Sunny Day
TM15 Hyper Beam
TM16 Light Screen
TM17 Protect
TM20 Safeguard
TM21 Frustration
TM22 Solar Beam
TM27 Return
TM29 Psychic
TM30 Shadow Ball
TM32 Double Team
TM35 Flamethrower
TM36 Sludge Bomb
TM38 Fire Blast
TM42 Facade
TM43 Flame Charge
TM44 Rest
TM45 Attract
TM46 Thief
TM48 Round
TM52 Focus Blast
TM53 Energy Ball
TM57 Charge Beam
TM59 Incinerate
TM61 Will-O-Wisp
TM64 Explosion
TM68 Giga Impact
TM70 Flash
TM74 Gyro Ball
TM80 Rock Slide
TM85 Dream Eater
TM86 Grass Knot
TM87 Swagger
TM88 Sleep Talk
TM90 Substitute
TM92 Trick Room
TM94 Rock Smash
TM96 Nature Power
TM97 Dark Pulse
TM100 Confide

Level up moves for Gourgeist and Pumpkaboo are finished (my post has the completed list), TMs as well thanks to Oglemi. We're looking for Egg moves here now

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
Anyone have any info on breeding regarding sizes? Such as does it inherit them from mother/father or is it random?
The size of the baby Pumpkaboo is determined by the mother - if the mother is Super Size, then all eggs will be Super Size as well.

As for Egg moves, pumpkaboo does not get Fire Spin, Inferno, Memento, Hex, Mirror Coat or Counter.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This seems like the best place to note this - Pumpkaboo and Gourgeist have different WEIGHTS based on their size. Granted that GK / LK are fairly irrelevant given their type, but I thought I'd make it known. Check the Pokedex under each size and check weight comparisons. I don't have all four sizes / weights in my cartridge yet. I think only Huge Pumpkaboo actually changes the Base Power of Grass Knot, but I don't have any Gourgeists.

Dex doesn't seem to have a height comparison feature.

It does not get Synthesis, Moonlight, Morning Sun or Recover
Bred with Solosis for recover, other three are simply not within its egg group.

Shroomisaur

It does not get Synthesis, Moonlight, Morning Sun or Recover
Bred with Solosis for recover, other three are simply not within its egg group.
Just a note - Trevenant is in the Grass AND Amorphous egg groups. Therefore if Trevenant gets any of these moves as egg moves, it could potentially pass them along to Gourgeist as well. So it's too early to say that Gourgeist can't get them unless we already confirmed that Trevenant can't.

Recover can't be passed though, I tried with Solosis a few days ago as well. Neither can Snatch.

Just a note - Trevenant is in the Grass AND Amorphous egg groups. Therefore if Trevenant gets any of these moves as egg moves, it could potentially pass them along to Gourgeist as well. So it's too early to say that Gourgeist can't get them unless we already confirmed that Trevenant can't.

Recover can't be passed though, I tried with Solosis a few days ago as well. Neither can Snatch.
I noticed the passing possibility, so i tested them all on Trevenant first. It didn't get any of them either :(
(Well Morning Sun is not confirmed, but look at its distribution and say with a straight face that a ghost tree will get it)

Shroomisaur

Breeding with the Ralts family should be tried, as there's a chance it could get Leaf Blade from gallade, or even Wish if it gets really lucky.

I've got a question regarding the friend safari though: One of my friends provides a safari with Pumpkaboos, however they only ever seem to be "average" size. I've seen dozens if not hundreds with no change, always average. Can anyone else with a Pumpkaboo safari confirm this? It's a real disappointment not being able to find the different sizes...

I did a few quick breeding tests with Gallade. Pumpkaboo gets none of the following as Egg Moves:

Teleport
Lucky Chant
Magical Leaf
Heal Pulse
Stored Power
Close Combat
Leaf Blade
Night Slash
Swords Dance
Psycho Cut
Helping Hand
Feint

EDIT: Also tried breeding with a Gardevoir. Gourgeist doesn't get Moonblast, Misty Terrain, Wish, Imprison, or Healing Wish either.

I've got a question regarding the friend safari though: One of my friends provides a safari with Pumpkaboos, however they only ever seem to be "average" size. I've seen dozens if not hundreds with no change, always average. Can anyone else with a Pumpkaboo safari confirm this? It's a real disappointment not being able to find the different sizes...
I've got two different friends who provide Pumpkaboo Safaris. The Pumpkaboos in both Safaris seem to all be of the same size - average. I had to head to Route 16 to find any of the other sizes.

Last edited:
I can confirm breeding with a Ditto results in the baby being the same size of the parent, regardless of it being male or female.

I think the game treats the pumpkaboo sizes as different species entirely. I put two in the daycare (one average and one huge) both with my OT and they didn't like each other much. This would explain why it always takes the female's size and would mean that huge insomnia gourgeists are impossible at this time since you can only catch average sized ones at the safari. I don't know if this was common knowledge but I don't see it mentioned in this thread.

I think the game treats the pumpkaboo sizes as different species entirely. I put two in the daycare (one average and one huge) both with my OT and they didn't like each other much. This would explain why it always takes the female's size and would mean that huge insomnia gourgeists are impossible at this time since you can only catch average sized ones at the safari. I don't know if this was common knowledge but I don't see it mentioned in this thread.
I'm not sure about that, but if this was true, couldn't you get a Male Insomnia Average Pumpkaboo and a Female (standard) Huge Pumpkaboo and breed them for an Insomnia Huge Pumpkaboo? Or would that not work because they're "different species"?

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Pumpkaboo does not get Amnesia, Flame Burst, or Ancient Power through breeding. Bred with a Magcargo.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
I'm leveling a Gourgeist from 37, and the existing learnset appears to be missing some things.

Lv40 - Trick-or-Treat
Lv42 - Pain Split
Lv48 - Seed Bomb
Lv57 - Phantom Force
Lv63 - Trick-or-Treat
Lv70 - Shadow Ball
Lv75 - Explosion

(Ugh, I accidentally mashed A through the second Trick-or-Treat, and forgot Leech Seed D: )

Last edited:

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
Bestow confirmed. Chain bred from Exeggcute to Phantump to Pumpkaboo.

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
Gourgeist does not learn the following through breeding:
Bind
Confusion
Curse
Fire Punch
Foresight
Gravity
Hypnosis
Last Resort
Mean Look
Night Shade
Shadow Punch
Thunder Punch
Wrap

It really bugs me that we only know 3 egg moves for this thing... I'll keep trying.

And some MORE moves Gourgeist doesn't get:
Phantom Force - (Note: I attempted a cross-breed with Trevnant and Gourgeist to try and get Phantom Force onto a pumpkaboo, but no such luck. Gotta evolve for that, little ones!)
Forest’s Curse
Ingrain
Leer
Horn Leech
Poison Gas
Psychic
Safeguard
Double Team
Confusion
Perish Song
Astonish
Power Gem
Spite
Rock Throw
Harden

Edit- New batch of moves that are not compatible:

Acid Spray
Smog
Ember
Gust
Focus Energy
Spit Up
Swallow
Pound
Encore
Sludge

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)