Battle Maison Discussion & Records

A bit of a follow up to my trainer information...

Here is a list, off memory, of non-Kalos Pokemon that I know have had some moveset changes for Pokemon from the 4th set, and at least one thing I know that has changed to them. If I don't mention a name here, that means that their moveset info is exactly the same as in 5th gen, and you can refer back to that listng of Pokemon.

Mr. Mime - Dazzling Gleam
I saw a Mr Mime holding a Babiri Berry, which has to be a different item. It was a while ago, but I think Aegislash OHKOd it anyway, so I don't know which set it was.

I think Protect deserves a lot more mentioning than none.
Toxic / Swagger have made my life a little bit easier every now and then as well, but I'm talking Super Doubles here though.
Congratulations on your streak (and all others who have posted ofcourse!).

OP has been updated with records and R Inanimates research information (thanks!).
Protect is indeed pretty great, but in rotation less important then in Triples/Doubles. Toxic and Sandstorm do kind of the same thing, and Swagger is really risky in Rotation, when you could Swagger a physical attacker. I never used Screech so I should find a replacement (Toxic could be handy against some Ground, Dark and Ghost Pokemon I guess).

I am playing Triples now, which is a lot of fun. Already at 42, without any problems (I win every match 6-0 or 5-0, most within 3 turns). Will post my team when I am at least at 100.

ok so I got to 79 in Super Singles before I got the shit haxed out of me by a Veteran with Suicune / Raikou / Zapdos. You can watch the pure crap here: SP2W-WWWW-WWW3-4XMF

My team was as follows:

Venomoth @ Black Sludge
Ability: Tinted Lens
248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 31/x/22/31/31/31
Real Stats: 145/67/78/142/95/156
- Sleep Powder
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Substitute

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/31
Real Stats: 167/112/170/58/171/80
- Swords Dance
- King's Shield
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 29/31/14/23/31/31
Real Stats: 205/112/92/59/100/72
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough

Alright, so basic premise of the team was to use bulky setup sweepers to trudge through the opponent's team. I led with Venomoth so that I could put the opponent to sleep, even if I was in a poor matchup. From there, I would either start to Sub and set up with Quiver Dance or just switch out to Azu or Aegislash to set up and start tearing things up. By far the least valuable player for my team was Azumarill, who I'll probably swap out if I ever decide to plow through 80 battles again. The problem with Azumarill was just that I rarely ever felt comfortable enough to set up with it. If I use Azumarill again, I'll probably use like a dual screens Klefki lead instead, though I doubt I'll even do that tbh. I might try an Entrainment run, but I was already frustrated enough with how long it took this team to set up as it is that tbh I probably won't lol.

Finally got my gale wings talonflame, but now I'm having problems with the moveset and item. What I have now:

Amelia (Talonflame) @ ?
Adamant
31/31/31/x/31/31
Gale Wings
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- ?
- ?

I've been considering several different moves for the last two slots:

Aerial Ace for a non-recoil STAB, also for finishing off low health mons
Roost to heal off recoil damage
Protect to bait enemies
Tailwind makes sure MKanga, Greninja, and Talonflame outspeeds pretty much everything and gives Goodra and Chesnaught a pretty good boost. Only problem might be Aegislash because he prefers being slow.
U-Turn to deal some damage to counters and switch out

Also need to figure out an item :/

WOOHOO! Beat the Super Triples Chatelaine on my second try! (I had a bad loss around 15 my first try where I got OHKO haxed) Triples are sooo much more fun than singles. Here's the team I used:

Abomasnow@Abomasite
Snow Warning
Quiet, 252 HP/6 Atk/252 SpA
-Blizzard
-Protect
-Wood Hammer
-Focus Blast

The king of this team. Spamming perfect blizzards and having so many weaknesses that the AI flocks to attack him, he really was the glue that held this team together. I got a lot of freeze hax that made a lot of battles not as close as they should have been. I used wood hammer to finish off the odd water type, but I almost always used protect on the first turn, followed by blizzard spam. Would mega on the second turn sometimes if I thought the AI was going to use a weather move.

Azumarill@Splash Plate
Huge Power
Adamant, 252 HP/252 Atk/6 Spe
-Waterfall
-Aqua Jet
-Play Rough
-Superpower

My left slot. Kept the pressure off of Abomasnow by using waterfall/aqua jet on problem fire types. Play rough helps to deal with bulky waters more reliably, and Superpower hit the steels that would give Abomasnow problems.

Aromatisse@Safety Goggles
Aroma Veil
Sassy, 252 HP/6 Def/252 SpD
-Moonblast
-Trick Room
-Protect
-Wish

Wow, this thing is one of my new favorite pokemon. It was an incredibly reliable trick room setter, only failing maybe twice through the whole 50 battles (due to fake out or confusion). After trick room was up, Moonblast spam was surprisingly effective. It hits surprisingly well coming off of Aromatisse's above-average special attack. Wish and Protect may as well have been filler. I used them a few times but they almost never meant anything. Safety Goggles over leftovers because I should ALWAYS have damaging weather up, and leftovers don't protect from powder moves (even though I never encountered any).

Reuniclus@Life Orb
Magic Guard
Bold, 252 HP/252 Def/6 SpA
-Psyshock
-Trick Room
-Focus Blast
-Shadow Ball

Backup room setter and substitute if one of my sides fainted. Not a lot to explain, because it mostly dealt with poison types that weren't part ground. I used Focus Blast on this guy more than on Abomasnow. I don't think he ever actually set Trick Room, but I sure felt better having him around.

Tyranitar@Assault Vest
Sand Stream
Sassy, 252 HP/6 Atk/252 SpD
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake
-Payback
-Fire Blast

Surprise! Double weather! If Abomasnow fainted (or had too many fire types or water types to deal with), in came this guy. Had his own plethora of weaknesses, but since I was already running two fairies and a psychic type, the major fighting type weakness was covered. Soaked up attacks and dealt the damage back while my sides tore through the rest. Was absolutely invaluable.

Salamence@Choice Specs
Intimidate
Naive, 6 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
-Dragon Pulse
-Draco Meteor
-Hydro Pump
-Fire Blast

The closer. If I ever didn't get trick room set up (and had something die) or had trick room expire, this guy stepped up to the plate. Dragon Pulse was the attack of choice over Draco Meteor since I could hit things across the field. Fire Blast came in handy a couple times against steels.

So there you are! It was a lot of fun using a different Mega than I've seen a lot of people use :) Here are two battles for you guys: the first is against a veteran that gave me a scare, and the second is against the Chatelaine (in case anyone needs to do more research on her team).

J9CW-WWWW-WWW3-2GLN
TL6W-WWWW-WWW3-2GMW
Just wondering, why the naive nature on Salamence? Would imagine a timid being better due to the 100% special moveset you got on it

Protect is indeed pretty great, but in rotation less important then in Triples/Doubles. Toxic and Sandstorm do kind of the same thing, and Swagger is really risky in Rotation, when you could Swagger a physical attacker. I never used Screech so I should find a replacement (Toxic could be handy against some Ground, Dark and Ghost Pokemon I guess).

I am playing Triples now, which is a lot of fun. Already at 42, without any problems (I win every match 6-0 or 5-0, most within 3 turns). Will post my team when I am at least at 100.
Same strategy? do you use aron for triples too?

Just wondering, why the naive nature on Salamence? Would imagine a timid being better due to the 100% special moveset you got on it
Yeah... I just wasn't sure if I was going to ever make it a MixMence or not. Turns out I didn't need to and I'm too lazy to rebreed it >_>

Yeah... I just wasn't sure if I was going to ever make it a MixMence or not. Turns out I didn't need to and I'm too lazy to rebreed it >_>
Hehe, ye. Same feel I have with my Chompy, wrong ability due to not having access to the HA one, but got through rotation+doubles with it :P Used it as mega, so the ability didnt matter much.

I'm thinking about putting together a Sandstorm team for the doubles and super doubles but I'm not too familiar with what kinds of enemies you'll face on a regular basis, if it will be effective. I was thinking something revolving around an AV Tyranitar. Possibly a Sand Veil Garchomp, Gliscor, and a wall for a fourth, not sure who. Is that something that would sound effective and if so, what nature and EV spread should I give Tyranitar as a frontman? Maybe give him Stealth Rock. Thanks.

And the only Friend Safari area I have is for Dragon with Sliggoo, Gabite, and Dragonair, opening up the possibility to IV train all of the Dragon and Monster egg groups. Got lucky there. I trained an Adamant Dragonite to

Puff T.M.D. (Dragonite) @ Lum Berry
Adamant
31/31/31/x/31/31
252 Atk / 252 Sp / 6 HP
Multiscale
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

And paired him with my untrained starter Greninja with Mat Block in Super Doubles just to test it out and Mat Block/Dragon Dance was working pretty good. The game threw Accelgor and Haxorus at me in round 15 and Greninja got OHKOed by Bug Buzz and Dragonite got Outraged 2/3 health gone. I was done after that, I should have pulled Greninja and played it better, probably could have won but I didn't have any good support guys, just wanted to see how far Mat Block and Dragon Dance could take me. The game has to know your party and typing, that couldn't have been coincidence. Just thought I would share that, with a properly trained Greninja and support team it could have potential.

Last edited:
Got swept by a Seismitoad in doubles, outsped my +1 MegaBlaziken, apparently it learns swift swim. Also Porygon2 is BUFF, it tanked my Dragonite's Outrage and ohkos me from like 90% with Ice Beam (marvel scale was broken, HJK missed and Blaziken self-ko'd). I also had like 3 rock slide misses IN A ROW in this match. Pretty much everything that could go wrong went wrong lol.

Finally reached and beat the Singles Chatelaine! I'd been using MegaKangaskhan, Aegislash, Hydreigon, and they've been great so far, even managed to take down a gauntlet of 3 consecutive legendary teams on the way.
The Chatelaine herself was super anticlimactic though. I swapped in my Barbaracle from my previous attempts, making it Barbaracle, MKanga, Aegislash.
Here's my summary of the battle:
Tornadus used Focus Blast, Barbaracle hangs on with Focus Sash.
Shell Smash
Razor Shell - Tornadus down
Razor Shell - cya Landorus
Razor Shell - gg Thundurus!
Looks like I'll swap in Barbaracle if I ever have to face Nita again.

Serebii has updated the Battle Maison page with the Chatelaine's Pokemon and items, but at the time of posting he's managed to screw up the code yet again, so the table cells are a bit off. Needless to say, after it's fixed, the moveset and items will be there.

It was stupid of me not to check before, but a quick glance at the old thread tells me that some of the Chatelaine's Pokemon keep the same sets from the 5th gen Battle Subway, so we can glean the build from that. The first Pokemon I checked, Suicune, seems to match up nicely, so I'll just go ahead and edit in what I know now.

Edit: I've finished updating with current knowledge here. There are some interesting things.

First of all, most of the sets are exactly the same or extremely similar to those found in the 5th gen Battle Subway. I've written in comments on the spreadsheet, but I can summarize here.

• Nita's Landorus set doesn't exist in the Subway. The closest is a Focus Sash one with Psychic and Sludge Bomb, but Nita's has a Choice Scarf with Extrasensory and Focus Blast.
  • Evelyn's Entei set was updated to reflect how it can get Sacred Fire now. The old set had Overheat and Double Edge, but the new one has Sacred Fire and Iron Head.
  • The mirrored Latios and Latias have Lax Incense and Recover instead of ChestRest, among minor moveset variations.
  • Dana's Regice has Scope Lens according to Serebii, but the 5th gen set had Zoom Lens. It's possible he made a mistake here, but I can't personally verify at the moment.
  • Dana's Registeel has Lock-On according to Serebii, but I distinctly remember it using Autotomize. In addition, the 5th gen set had Rock Polish.
  • Dana's Articuno...is all sorts of wrong. I seem to remember it being the Mind Reader Sheer Cold set, but Serebii is reporting it's some terrible set that didn't exist previously. Again, I can't verify.
I can't tell what's going on with the Articuno, so if anyone has any info about it and everything else, that would be great.

Last edited:
Serebii has updated the Battle Maison page with the Chatelaine's Pokemon and items, but at the time of posting he's managed to screw up the code yet again, so the table cells are a bit off. Needless to say, after it's fixed, the moveset and items will be there.

It was stupid of me not to check before, but a quick glance at the old thread tells me that some of the Chatelaine's Pokemon keep the same sets from the 5th gen Battle Subway, so we can glean the build from that. The first Pokemon I checked, Suicune, seems to match up nicely, so I'll just go ahead and edit in what I know now.

Edit: I've finished updating with current knowledge here. There are some interesting things.

First of all, most of the sets are exactly the same or extremely similar to those found in the 5th gen Battle Subway. I've written in comments on the spreadsheet, but I can summarize here.

• Nita's Landorus set doesn't exist in the Subway. The closest is a Focus Sash one with Psychic and Sludge Bomb, but Nita's has a Choice Scarf with Extrasensory and Focus Blast.
  • Evelyn's Entei set was updated to reflect how it can get Sacred Fire now. The old set had Overheat and Double Edge, but the new one has Sacred Fire and Iron Head.
  • The mirrored Latios and Latias have Lax Incense and Recover instead of ChestRest, among minor moveset variations.
  • Dana's Regice has Scope Lens according to Serebii, but the 5th gen set had Zoom Lens. It's possible he made a mistake here, but I can't personally verify at the moment.
  • Dana's Registeel has Lock-On according to Serebii, but I distinctly remember it using Autotomize. In addition, the 5th gen set had Rock Polish.
  • Dana's Articuno...is all sorts of wrong. I seem to remember it being the Mind Reader Sheer Cold set, but Serebii is reporting it's some terrible set that didn't exist previously. Again, I can't verify.
I can't tell what's going on with the Articuno, so if anyone has any info about it and everything else, that would be great.
Just saying, Dana's Registeel (I'm assuming Triple battles, I suck at the boss names) has Rock Polish. I remember it distinctly. I even have the battle saved where it used it against me in one of my previous posts. Unless, of course, it has Automotize AND Rock Polish, but that would be silly.

I literally fought the mind reader sheer cold articuno earlier today (in singles). Though I don't think I saved a recording

Starting my dip into Rotation battles with a new Mega... I will report back to you guys when I have either won or become sufficiently frustrated. Wish me luck x.x

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
252 SpAtk / 4 HP / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 30/x/22/31/25/31
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Dark Pulse
- U-Turn

Lead that usually gets me a free kill early against most reasonable things (lol Ninjask.) Hydreigon was added last after I realized the amazing synergy between all 3 of them, and as a lead allows me to 1. make it 3-2 or 2. U-turn to a better Pokemon for the situation. The only problem here is Draco Meteor isn't quite as powerful as I usually hope (how many times has a miss let an Umbreon live after Leftovers...) Hydreigon also has a very surprising amount of bulk, even living a Staraptors CC! Other moves/nature is obvious and the Scarf is because we just needed a revenge killer and an early U-turn to Aegislash really does help.

Aegislash @ Leftovers
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 25/31/30/x/30/x
- Swords Dance
- King's Shield
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword

Obvious physical sweeper, we all know how Aegislash works.

Goodra @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sap Sipper (For annoying sleep)
252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SpDef
Modest Nature
IVs: 29/x/20/31/30/30
- Dragon Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Muddy Water
- Sludge Bomb

I thought Assault Vest would be perfect, but even with Aegislash it ends up taking a lot of physical hits, so would really like ideas on this, otherwise very good special tank.

Guess I can put this here? RM(Battle Maison)T. Feel free to tell me to move this if it isn't supposed to be here. (Super Singles) will edit in descriptions if it's that important.

Last edited:

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
252 SpAtk / 4 HP / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 30/x/22/31/25/31
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Dark Pulse
- U-Turn

Aegislash @ Leftovers
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 25/31/30/x/30/x
- Swords Dance
- King's Shield
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword

Goodra @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sap Sipper (For annoying sleep)
252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SpDef
Modest Nature
IVs: 29/x/20/31/30/30
- Dragon Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Muddy Water
- Sludge Bomb

Guess I can put this here? RM(Battle Maison)T. Feel free to tell me to move this if it isn't supposed to be here. (Super Singles) will edit in descriptions if it's that important.
You should definitely include things that are working/things that aren't working. With that information, people should be able to give you much more useful advice.

Super Rotation Battle streak: 156

Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
Brave Nature
Ability: Sand Stream
IVs: 31/31/31/X/31/0
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
- Crunch
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Taunt

Trevenant @ Sitrus Berry
Brave Nature
Ability: Harvest
IVs: 31/31/31/X/31/0
- Trick Room
- Wood Hammer
- Shadow Claw
- Protect

Lvl 1 Aron @ Shell Bell
Rash Nature
Ability: Sturdy
IVs: doesn’t matter
EVs: no EVs
- Endeavor
- Protect
- Sandstorm
- Screech

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
Ability: Rough Skin
IVs: 31/31/31/X/31/31
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Fang

The strategy of this team should be quite obvious, abusing lvl 1 Aron with the help of the Sandstorm from Tyranitar. Teams without Sandstormresist can be completely swept by Aron, but I do not get a lot of those freebees. Almost all the teams I faced had at least one Pokemon immune to Sandstorm or had a ghost. Tyranitar takes care of the ghosts and Pokemon who are immune to Sandstorm are picked of by Tyranitar or Trevenant. Garchomp is in the back of the team to clean up the mess. It’s quite hard to explain this seemingly simple strategy exactly so I saved a couple of video’s to explain the strategy and to show some close calls.

Battle 85: L78G-WWWW-WWW3-336W (close call against an annoying Cresselia)
Battle 94: PHHG-WWWW-WWW3-3378 (another close call because off mold breaker Throh)
Battle 100: PH7W-WWWW-WWW3-338B (nothing special, but battle 100)
Battle 102: TZNG-WWWW-WWW3-3392 (Didn’t get TR up because of taunt + OHKO)
Battle 114: BGUG-WWWW-WWW3-339G (OHKO Walrein…)
Battle 126: WKQW-WWWW-WWW3-339P (Aron sweeping a legendary team)
Battle 157: MKSW-WWWW-WWW3-33A9 (the losing one)

Quite pleased with the result, because Rotation is probably the hardest of all, because of the AI unpredictability.
Damn. Genius.
I took a rest from Battle Maison because my frustration is reaching its peak (and the shiny value discovery LOL got me back to breeding, cracked a lot of shiny eggs xD).
Stopped at 2 trophies. It seems getting all the trophies is possible for me now.
This is a good time for me to get my revenge.

Finally beat Nita in 50th streak Super Singles with this:

Gyarados @ Lum Berry (Lead)
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 52 HP / 244 Atk / 36 Def / 4 Sp.Def / 172 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Def / 48 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Protect
- Toxic
- Substitute

Clefable @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Sp.Def / 4 Def
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy

EVs are optimized for level 50. Gyarados and Gliscor have great synergy. But for those few pokemon that happen to carry Thunderbolt and Ice Beam, I use Specially Defensive Clefable. And those that carry Ice Punch and Thunder Punch, I just abuse Intimidate switching. Magic Guard is what makes Clefable unique as it can just chip off the opponent's HP without ever having to worry about Toxic/Burn/Leech Seed etc. Life Orb I could have replaced with Leftovers but I like the bite that it gives Clefable's Moonblasts. Aromatherapy is not really needed here and I could easily replace it but I use it for my 6 vs. 6 singles and didn't want to waste heart scales so I didn't bother. Gliscor is really the star as it doesn't care about status HAX or stall pokemon and can recover so easily while stalling the opponent to death. Lum Berry on Gyarados, because I'm paranoid of random status HAX, by contact moves or unexpected status moves. Most of my battles I rarely sweep with gyarados because of the AI and the opponent just happening to have those pokemon that gyarados hates.

Regarding Nita and her Thunderus, I can confirm that it knows: Wild Charge, Sky Drop and Crunch. I don't know about the last move though.

Last edited:
Got to 100 in Triples. I am taking a little break now. Here is the team for those interested.

Left
Greninja @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
Ability: Protean
IVs: 31/X/31/31/31/31
EVs: 252 Spe / 252 SpA / 4 HP
- Mat Block
- Dark Pulse
- Ice beam
- Grass Knot

Greninja will probably be a stable in triple battles, solely because of Mat Block. Using Mat Block first turn is really good against the AI and allows Mega Blastoise to fire of a Water Spout when Tailwind isn’t up, giving me essentially one extra turn to attack with Blastoise. Dark Pulse is chosen for Trick Roomers and because it can hit Pokémon across the whole field. Ice Beam is for Dragons and bulky Grass, who resist Water Spout. Grass Knot is for Bulky waters who also resist (or are even immune) Water Spout. Greninja has a lot of coverage moves, and because of Protean it can chose to run whatever coverage you need.

Center
Blastoise @ Blastoisite
Modest Nature
Ability: Rain Dish / Mega Launcher
EVs: 252 Spe / 252 SpA / 4 HP
- Water Spout
- Dragon Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Protect

This is the Pokémon this team is build around. Firing of Water Spouts with a Base SpA of 135 is no joke. Keeping Blastoise healthy isn’t really hard to do, because he just faints everything in his path. Dragon Pulse and Aura Sphere are used when low on HP. These moves are also pretty handy when I have to switch Blastoise out, because when he stands Left or Right, he can still hit the Pokémon on the other with these moves. Really great Pokémon imo, and I expect to use it on a lot of other teams as well.

Right
Talonflame @ Sky Plate
Adamant Nature
Ability: Gail Wings
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
- Tailwind
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Protect

Talonflame was a no-brainer, as it is the only offensive Pokémon with Tailwind as of yet, but Talonflame get’s the job done. I really didn’t expect it to do much more then just setting up Tailwind, but with Mat Block support from Greninja, Talonflame get’s at least one attack of, but most of the time more then 1, because between the coverage moves from Greninja, the Water Spouts from Blastoise and a Brave Bird / Flare Blitz, almost nothing stands alive. Brave Bird was used the most and hits really hard with Sky Plate. Brave Bird has again the advantage (just like any flying move) to hit Pokémon on the other side of the field, which is really nice in triples.

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Rock Slide
- Protect

If you look at my three leads, you will notice that all 2 and a half are weak to Electric (Greninja isn’t weak to Electric after it has used any of his moves), so I knew I needed a Ground Pokémon. Garchomp was the most logical choice, because I already bred one and being really strong, while not really needing Tailwind support. He mostly doesn’t even need to show up against teams with electrics, because the first three handle themselves with Mat Block and Tailwind, but he is still a nice safety net when called upon. It is also the most logical choice to use in the middle when Blastoise faints or has to switch out, because of the spread moves Earthquake and Rock Slide.

Togekiss @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Air Slash
- Dazzling Gleam
- Flamethrower
- Aura Sphere

I really wanted a second Pokémon immune to Earthquake, because Garchomp needs to be able to fire those of without having his partners to Protect. I chose Togekiss, because frankly, I don’t have any other Pokémon immune to Earthquake. Otherwise I probably would have used one of the Rotom forms (Washing Machine Probably), because they are also resist Ice instead of being weak to it. I don’t want to wait until Pokebank and I don’t like the prospect of breeding with genderless Pokémon after the horror stories I heard. I already had this Togekiss and threw it on the Team. Togekiss is still pretty nice, having 2 moves which hit across the field and having a Multi hit move it can function in the centre and on the sides.

Aegislash @ Sitrus Berry
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword
- King’s Shield

I threw this one on the team, because it resist Ice and is able to destroy fairies. I really don’t know if he is the right choice, but even after 100 battles it only came out a few times, where I also could have sent out another Pokémon. I use one with an Adamant Nature so Aegislash can also make use of Tailwind (having 160 Speed with Tailwind), which could be handy, I guess. He is not that special, but he was mostly filler. Other options that I can use would be appreciated (Scizor seems pretty nice now that I think about it).

So that’s the team. It is the fastest team I have used until now in the Maison, which is kinda weird, when you face 6 Pokémon in stead of 3 or 4. I am really wondering how far I can get with this team. I haven’t had even 1 close battle (the least what was left of my team is 4), so we will see.

Here is battle 100 for those interested: ETVG-WWWW-WWW3-4SQ5

Just quoting myself. I may also make use of a DD moldbreaker Haxorus with protect, D-dance, ***, ***, @***. I am having a hard time deciding moves for 100% coverage. Any advice on the topic would be lovely. I know poison jab/eq would be walled by skarmory, eq/dragon claw would be walled by togekiss/ballon mawile/ballon azu/any ballon fairy (Not likely combo though, but with the AI you never know..)

Also, is there any risk to encounter any other legendary than the genies, 1st gen birds, 2nd gen cats(or dogs), Lati@s and the 3 musketeers (except Keldeo)? Would be nice to know what I could be up against if I am going for 200+ streak in super singles.

Edit: So I've found that Cress and Heathran can also be meat in the Maison. A ddance haxorus@lum berry with protect, ddance, brick break and shadowclaw is prob what would work best with a truant durant lead. Anyone that got some other tips for it?
Have you or anyone else tried the truant strat with Haxorus? After getting walled by a Skarmory with Cloyster I've been trying out other strategies and this Haxorus looks really good on paper. My haxorus is only 31/27/31/x/~17/31 though so I should probably breed a better one

Just lost on 228 in Super Singles. Regigigas is stupidly haxed in this game. I lost my last streak at 248 due to it mainly aswell it's getting annoying now.

Cloyster @ Full HP and +6 in ATK and SPD VS Last Pokemon Regigigas.

Cloyster used Icicle Spear. [Should be GG here.]
Regigigas avoided the attack.
Regigigas used Confusion Ray.
Cloyster is confused, Cloyster used Icicle Spear. [Should be GG here.]
Regigigas avoided the attack.
Regigigas used Payback.
Closyer is now at just over half HP.
Cloyster is confused, Cloyster hurt itself due to confuion.
Faints.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)