Other 6th Gen Pokemon UU Candidate Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upstart

Copy Cat
Ahem. I feel we're not communicating Properly. Second, Outrage dosent work like that. If you use Outrage on a Fairy it immediately ends it and allows you to switch moves. So say you use Outrage and your opponent predicts that and switches to their Fairy. Your Dragon can still switch since Outrage was interrupted. If it gets Interupted by something like a immunity, you can still switch moves. Same applies to Draco Meteor, you don't receive it's negative effect if blocked by a Fairy. Heck, It may have been more beneficial to Fairies if they only resisted Dragon, at least that would keep Dragons locked into Outrage. Second, as people have stated, you can't Outrage to Win anymore while their Fairy is alive. Just like in Gen V, get rid of the Steels and now the Fairies and go ahead and clean house, it's unlikely they'll be running more then one Fairy. Heck, Gengar seems to be the anti-Fairy with a Shadow Tag Mega Form.
As others have stated you understand of the outrage mechanics are wrong. Your mention of gengar is moot as gengar will not be leaving OU anytime in the near future.

As others have stated you understand of the outrage mechanics are wrong. Your mention of gengar is moot as gengar will not be leaving OU anytime in the near future.
Well then, care to go over the mechanics of Outrage if I'm incorrect. According to Bulbapedia, if a Fairy switches into the start of a Haxorus's Outrage, it interrupts the Outrage, allowing Said Haxorus to change moves. If you use Haxorus on a Fairy that's already on the field, you are still interrupted, but waste your turn. You are confused if you are Interupted on the turn Outrage would've ended, say the third turn Outrage. Am I getting this right?

Well then, care to go over the mechanics of Outrage if I'm incorrect. According to Bulbapedia, if a Fairy switches into the start of a Haxorus's Outrage, it interrupts the Outrage, allowing Said Haxorus to change moves. If you use Haxorus on a Fairy that's already on the field, you are still interrupted, but waste your turn. You are confused if you are Interupted on the turn Outrage would've ended, say the third turn Outrage. Am I getting this right?
Unless I'm very wrong about this, but seeing how Outrage works ingame, the turn a Dragon Outrages on a Fairy, they stop (ineffective) and are immediately confused. They are then allowed to switch moves/switch out.

Unless I'm very wrong about this, but seeing how Outrage works ingame, the turn a Dragon Outrages on a Fairy, they stop (ineffective) and are immediately confused. They are then allowed to switch moves/switch out.
I just tested it on a wild Flabebe. It did nothing but waste a turn. No Confusion and I'm free to switch moves. If I understand this correctly, Outrage has to hit something before the Confusion can come. So say I hit a opposing Haxorus with Outrage, then A fairy can come in and ruin my fun, but something has to eat a Outrage first.

I just tested it on a wild Flabebe. It did nothing but waste a turn. No Confusion and I'm free to switch moves. If I understand this correctly, Outrage has to hit something before the Confusion can come. So say I hit a opposing Haxorus with Outrage, then A fairy can come in and ruin my fun, but something has to eat a Outrage first.
Fair enough. I've only switched into the second turn of an Outrage, so that's all I know.

Just to put an end to this Outrage stuff;

http://www.smogon.com/bw/moves/outrage
"If the user is prevented from moving while rampaging, the attack misses, or is blocked by Protect or Wonder Guard, the attack will immediately end and the user can switch attacks."
Straight from horse's mouth, and the mechanics remain unchanged this gen. IF you use the move against a Fairy type, this obviosly means Outrage missed and therefore will end (with no confusion side effect). It's the same idea with Thrash and Petal Blast, these moves will miss if a Ghost type or a Sap Sipper Pokemon switch in respectively.

Looks like UU is shaping up to yet again be the most fun tier.

Anyone else hoping Venusaur drops down to UU to replace Roserade with the weather nerf?

Probably not considering the lack of viable sun sweepers, but still, a guy can hope.

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Looks like UU is shaping up to yet again be the most fun tier.

Anyone else hoping Venusaur drops down to UU to replace Roserade with the weather nerf?

Probably not considering the lack of viable sun sweepers, but still, a guy can hope.
Venusaur's pretty solid in OU, thanks to its Mega. Honestly if it ever does fall to UU, it's strictly off low usage alone. I blame it on "New Toy Syndrome" because everybody keeps using other things in favor over it. Roserade though, even with the new buff, I'm getting a sensation it's still gonna be UU. Just WAY deadlier than it was last Gen

I'm having a lot of success with Roserade on Showdown. It hits hard, it's Sludge Bomb actually gives good coverage now. It has the special bulk to take on some strong special attackers. It's physical bulk is still a problem, but it just hits so damn hard. MegaVenusaur is better, but if you're already using another mega, then it's a great support for a lot of pokemon.

Venusaur is only going to drop due to low usage from the mega limit if it drops at all. I don't see that happening, though, it's one of the best megas.

I am positive that you can't trick or switcheroo Megastones. Trick and Switcheroo actually fail if the opposing Pokémon is holding a Mega stone, just like if you try tricking an item to Arceus holding a plate.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Mega_Stone
Starmie can check most megas due its good speed tier. You cant knock off or trick a scarf onto mega users. Between hydro pump and psyshock it can check blaziken (who just went uber), mega gengar, mega aerodactyl, mega venusaur, etc. Its speed coupled with scarf with the potential to cripple a wall with trickscarf or specs makes it very efficient...

Just to put an end to this Outrage stuff;

http://www.smogon.com/bw/moves/outrage

Straight from horse's mouth, and the mechanics remain unchanged this gen. IF you use the move against a Fairy type, this obviosly means Outrage missed and therefore will end (with no confusion side effect). It's the same idea with Thrash and Petal Blast, these moves will miss if a Ghost type or a Sap Sipper Pokemon switch in respectively.
I've experienced myself an exception of this speculation you bring here. It would seem that if the Outrage is interrupted after it gets off, the user can end up becoming confused out of exhaustion. This had a pretty critical change of outcome in a switch in I did on a nuzlocke run, so I remember this quite well.

Starmie can check most megas due its good speed tier. You cant knock off or trick a scarf onto mega users. Between hydro pump and psyshock it can check blaziken (who just went uber), mega gengar, mega aerodactyl, mega venusaur, etc. Its speed coupled with scarf with the potential to cripple a wall with trickscarf or specs makes it very efficient...
Ah, oops. I had no idea, thought you meant on using a Choice item and tricking it since you mentioned TrickScarf (good with all these megas) in your previous post. Now I get what you're trying to say. Yes, Starmie definitely still has the power to destroy a lot of things with a Scarf + Modest nature.

One Pokemon I think that may rise up in ranks to UU is Mandibuzz as the buff to defog, knock off, and overcoat as well as the increased slant towards physical attackers have been nothing but good for Mandibuzz. I can see this becoming a staple for many stall teams given the potential support it has to offer. Course right now looking at the statistics offered it is ranked lowly on usage but perhaps when the metagame begins to settle people will take notice of its merits, given that this generation has been nothing but generous towards it.

I find Drapion most fit for UU as it can be the definite Mega Gardevoir (and other fairies) counter with some investment in SpD, resisting her STAB attacks and 1HKO her (given if Mega Gardevoir stays in UU). As for changes, an All Out Attacker set with Assault Vest can help balance both his defenses, and he gets Fell Stinger at level 53 which is not game changing.

Honchkrow's improved coverage with Suckerpunch this gen seems decent in UU, especially if Metagross and friends are being kicked down from OU. If UU is follow the same Bulky Offense as OU, then Honchkrow's base 71 speed doesn't look that bad anymore as well, allowing it to use its Brave Bird more liberally. Bisharp is probably going to OU so Honchkrow seems to be the best user of Suckerpunch in UU this gen.

Honchkrow's improved coverage with Suckerpunch this gen seems decent in UU, especially if Metagross and friends are being kicked down from OU. If UU is follow the same Bulky Offense as OU, then Honchkrow's base 71 speed doesn't look that bad anymore as well, allowing it to use its Brave Bird more liberally. Bisharp is probably going to OU so Honchkrow seems to be the best user of Suckerpunch in UU this gen.
Honchkrow was more threatening than bisharp last gen and i dont think this gen is much different. Bisharp had problem with coverage. Swords dance amd substitute were practically given then the choice comes down to which 2 moves to use. Sucker punch is its most powerful moves which can be played around by non attacking moves like taunt or roar. Night slash is okay but you lost to powerful faster attackers like azelf. The last move comes down to either iron head (thus being completely shut down by swampert with roar and cobalion) or choosing weaker brick break (which sableye can easily get around with taunt and will o wisp). All 3 of those pokes were top uu. Bisharp is good on paper but easy to get around. I dont see it going to ou anytime soon especially since it didnt get anything radical this gen.

Honchkrow will most likely remain uu since it is stealth rock and ice weak. Theres too many powerful pokes in ou this gen between all of the megas including fairy/steel types mawile and klefki which resist both stabs and can outright ohko in mega mawiles case or paralyze you for klefki.

Patrick1088 said:
Honchkrow will most likely remain uu since it is stealth rock and ice weak. Theres too many powerful pokes in ou this gen between all of the megas including fairy/steel types mawile and klefki which resist both stabs and can outright ohko in mega mawiles case or paralyze you for klefki.
As well as the existence of faster and more reliable priority, e.g. Talonflame.

What will come of mega absol this gen? I don't see this thing staying in OU any time atall thanks to its still paper thin ddefenses. And tbh without an SD boost I found m-absol just not hitting hard enough at all. Which was difficult to get thanks to talonflame. Who also walls m-absols best set. It nearly every situation I was thinking f##& I wish you were m-lucario. Thoughts on how m-absol will do in this meta game?

Bisharp had problem with coverage. Swords dance amd substitute were practically given then the choice comes down to which 2 moves to use. Sucker punch is its most powerful moves which can be played around by non attacking moves like taunt or roar. Night slash is okay but you lost to powerful faster attackers like azelf. The last move comes down to either iron head (thus being completely shut down by swampert with roar and cobalion) or choosing weaker brick break (which sableye can easily get around with taunt and will o wisp). All 3 of those pokes were top uu. Bisharp is good on paper but easy to get around. I dont see it going to ou anytime soon especially since it didnt get anything radical this gen.
Well, performance in UU doesn't actually affect viability in OU. There are various BW2 OU threats that are not so viable in the BW2 UU environment. Bisharp is particularly great in OU this gen, capable of beating some of the most overhyped threats in OU, being one of the best counters to Aegislash, Azumarill, Trevnant, Togekiss, weakened Talonflame, Sticky Web. There also aren't much threats in OU that resist Sucker Punch. What I'm saying is that in the event that Bisharp gets put into OU, then Honchkrow will be the only viable user of Sucker Punch, which might be noteworthy of mention when considering how a pokemon would fare in UU.

Upstart

Copy Cat
What will come of mega absol this gen? I don't see this thing staying in OU any time atall thanks to its still paper thin ddefenses. And tbh without an SD boost I found m-absol just not hitting hard enough at all. Which was difficult to get thanks to talonflame. Who also walls m-absols best set. It nearly every situation I was thinking f##& I wish you were m-lucario. Thoughts on how m-absol will do in this meta game?
Mega Absol will not hold in OU as there are simply better mega options. This is convenient for him as he will be able to shine in UU where Talonflame cannot hurt him. Magic Bounce is truly a phenomenal ability and Absol will seek to maximize it by reflecting back hazards which I assume will continue to be prevalent in UU. Arguably even better Absol now possess a means of avoiding status and can act as crucial member of baton pass teams reflecting back roars ect. No doubt that Absol will have an impact in UU.

Well, performance in UU doesn't actually affect viability in OU. There are various BW2 OU threats that are not so viable in the BW2 UU environment. Bisharp is particularly great in OU this gen, capable of beating some of the most overhyped threats in OU, being one of the best counters to Aegislash, Azumarill, Trevnant, Togekiss, weakened Talonflame, Sticky Web. There also aren't much threats in OU that resist Sucker Punch. What I'm saying is that in the event that Bisharp gets put into OU, then Honchkrow will be the only viable user of Sucker Punch, which might be noteworthy of mention when considering how a pokemon would fare in UU.
You have a point on sticky web + defiant on bisharp. Just keep in mind that togekiss may be weak to the stab iron head but it resists both sucker puncb and brick break(x4) thanks to its fairy typing togekiss will ohko with aura sphere before bisharp can attack with iron head.

As for aegislash bisharp is a check not a counter. Bisharp cannot switch in on sacred sword in any way shape or form. While he has some as great resistances that x4 fighting weakness will beat him every time especialky since fighting resistz his main stab. We still have to worry about terrakion, keldeo not so much breloom thanks to the nerf in spore, conkeldurr and lucario.

I like the power ranger of doom but hell probably be uu again this gen since the only thing he gained was a dark nerf and powerful threats. Heck even in bw ou with perma rain he was outclassed by toxicroak. I doubt either of them will be ou this gen tbh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)