Apex 2014: Cash Prizes for Pokemon at the World's Largest Smash Bros. Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's that time of year again.

The following is information directly taken from Apex's Website:

"Players must bring their own Nintendo 3DS system. You may use a downloaded game, but physical cards are suggested. VGC rules will be used for the event, or a similar doubles style ruleset will be made if the official VGC ruleset is not yet made.

Apex will take place January 17-19 (MLK Weekend). As always, we strive to improve Apex ever year and as a result, the event will go through some adjustments for the greater good. The first notable change is our new venue at the DoubleTree Hotel in Somerset, New Jersey. Apex 2014 will feature a total of seven rooms; the main ballroom in and of itself is larger than the entirety of our 2013 venue. The collective venue can house 4000 participants, with each of the seven rooms being set up to offer different games and experiences to our patrons. We’ve decided to bring back Artist Alley and our Indie Developer sections, which always feature passionate individuals. With more details to be revealed we can gladly say that you will not have a single moment of down time.

Beyond that, the venue is an actual hotel this time. The DoubleTree has worked with us to provide the players a deal, and we are proud to announce that the hotel rooms will be $99/Night (a sizable reduction compared to the hotel price listings from last year). We worked hard to provide the players a central spot for both gaming and housing, so it is in your best interest to call and reserve your room as soon as possible. This year, you will be able to wake up and merely head downstairs to see all your favorite players, personalities, and more."

You can register for Pokemon X/Y here. As of now, it's a bit pricey to enter. $35 Tournament Venue fee + $10 for the Pokemon tournament itself. Price increase is coming though on December 17th (might be for Smash Bros. only, but not sure), so if you're definitely going to go, I would register now.

More information will be added as it is revealed, such as time, qualifiers, etc.

Hey guys. So a few updates on this.

Registration is closed, so if you're not signed up, you can maybe try to do something at the door.

The event starts at 1 pm Saturday. If you're new to this, the event usually gets delayed. Hang tight and don't expect too much when you're there. Chibo tends to be very busy.

Rule set is obviously VGC '14

Man VGC rules are such a bust... they shoulda went Ubers or at least opened up PokeBank I mean christ, I got Y version so I could Yveltal/Mega-Y2 it up. Probably gonna be a re-hash Metagame with Talonflames/Froakies using Protect and MegaSkhan slapping everyone twice.

Gonna sit this one out...

Hey guys. So a few updates on this.

Registration is closed, so if you're not signed up, you can maybe try to do something at the door.

The event starts at 1 pm Saturday. If you're new to this, the event usually gets delayed. Hang tight and don't expect too much when you're there. Chibo tends to be very busy.

Rule set is obviously VGC '14

To add on to what Mike said, you guys had until January 4th to book a hotel at the same location for $99 a night. They went back to regular price which is $259 a night. If you are a latecomer still looking for a room to book, you can try 101 Pierce Street, Somerset NJ 08873, the number to that hotel is (732) 868-9155...which is about 0.01 miles away from the location of the event. They charge about $109 - $169 a night.

I am REALLY disappointed in this year's coverage of Pokemon at APEX. There were three streams of SSB and one of Marvel vs Capcom... SURELY there could have been room for the Pokemon stream!!

Has the finals beeen played?, i think it said that saturday morning was when it was gonna be streamed, but didnt stay up till 6 am to verify and see if its been played.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)