Battle Maison Discussion & Records

Just lost on 228 in Super Singles. Regigigas is stupidly haxed in this game. I lost my last streak at 248 due to it mainly aswell it's getting annoying now.

Cloyster @ Full HP and +6 in ATK and SPD VS Last Pokemon Regigigas.

Cloyster used Icicle Spear. [Should be GG here.]
Regigigas avoided the attack.
Regigigas used Confusion Ray.
Cloyster is confused, Cloyster used Icicle Spear. [Should be GG here.]
Regigigas used Payback.
Closyer is now at just over half HP.
Cloyster is confused, Cloyster hurt itself due to confuion.
Faints.
Ah, the joys of Brightpowder/Lax Incense.

I swear that the chances to miss because of those items are increased in the BM. Makes stuff like Brightpowder Walrein with Fissure/Sheer Cold/Rest/Sleep Talk a pain in the ass to kill.

Just lost on 228 in Super Singles. Regigigas is stupidly haxed in this game. I lost my last streak at 248 due to it mainly aswell it's getting annoying now.

Regigigas used Payback.
Faints.
I got hit by Regigigas hax last night too but only on 49. Still very upsetting for missing the BP bonu. On the bright side you got past 200 both times before it happened, and not something like 199.

On VS recorder I discovered it was holdong brightpowder because my 100 acc moves were missing. In the actual battle, I couldn't even get a single hit on him before he "got his act together." His movepool was Double Team, Confuse Ray, Payback, and Drain Punch. If you aren't confused, he will use Confuse Ray. If you decide to use a move, you will either hit yourself or miss. If you decide to switch, he has either Double Team queued and you will miss and then get confused or hit by a double power Payback. On the slim chance you've been blessed by RNGesus to allow one of your hits to get through to him, he will just heal right back up with Drain Punch. thought it would be an easy battle as I OHKOed the Raikou and Moltres prior

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
Here's the picture proof of my 84 win streak for the team I posted a few pages back.

I've made a few changes to that team, although I haven't played much since I made them:
  • Draco Meteor over Sludge Bomb on Goodra - Sludge Bomb wasn't being used and I figured the extra power of Draco Meteor might be better in some situations where I REALLY need to kill something. It has made a difference in at least 2 battles so I don't regret it, although I try to avoid using it if I can because of the accuracy.
  • Leftovers over Scizorite on Scizor - this is the most important change. Haven't played enough to decide whether one is objectively better than the other but so far I'm really liking the extra healing.
  • Superpower over Bulldoze on Azumarill - it's definitely more useful than Bulldoze, although I prefer to use Waterfall in most situations where Superpower is more powerful just because the stat drops are really bad for something as slow as Azumarill. I typically only use it if I feel I have nothing to lose (e.g. in last Pokemon situations).
I've only tried this new set up once, and I lost in the 40s to a Black Belt. I've found that Black Belts/Battle Girls are particularly taxing for this team. I assumed that Azumarill would be able to take them all on pretty easily but it tends to take lots of damage from their coverage moves. Goodra hates taking STAB physical attacks in general, and Scizor can only take so many STAB Fighting moves. In this case, Azumarill got nailed by a Power Herb Sky Attack from Hawlucha, which also caused a flinch...

Regigigas used Payback.
Faints.
lol I almost lost the same way but thankfully I still had azumarill in the back and it managed to KO it, also ran into a scare with prankster double team tornadus......

Last edited:
So yeah, there's a Block/Perish song lapras in the singles bracket that will actually switch out on you if you entrain it. screwed over my cloyster because it didn't have enough passes to OHKO it and it killed it. Perish song trapped my durant, and the vaporeon at the end froze my azumarill with ice beam. gg streak ends at 158

Just an update that I've passed 50 with the Haxorus after breeding a perfect one. Here's the set so far

Durant @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Truant
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spe / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
Entrainment
Crunch
Guillotine
Iron Head

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Timid Nature
Surf
Ice Beam
Grass Knot
Dark Pulse

Haxorus @ Lum Berry
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
Protect
Dragon Dance
Shadow Claw
Brick Break

Thinking about swapping the Greninja for Garchomp but I don't feel comfortable with two physical attackers. Greninja also has better SE coverage and all moves are 100% accurate. Any suggestions or input would be appreciated!

Well, that was much easier than I was expecting. I had a couple scares, but I made it through on my first try. The team!

Klefki@Light Clay
Prankster/Bold
252 HP/252 Def/6 Spe
-Light Screen
-Reflect
-Safeguard
-Foul Play

The same screener you've seen other people use. Sent it out first to absorb Intimidates. Got one KO the entire time.

Talonflame@Sky Plate
Gale Wings/Adamant
126 HP/252 Atk/132 Spe
-Brave Bird
-Flare Blitz
-Roost
-Tailwind

The glue of the team. I had never actually used any form of Talonflame before, and Tailwind support works wonderfully in Rotation battles since you don't need to waste the turn switching. Also, you know, Brave Bird hits really, really hard.

Heracross@Heracronite
Guts->Skill Link/Adamant
214 HP/252 Atk/44 Spe
-Close Combat
-Bulk Up
-Pin Missile
-Rock Blast

Mega-cross! It was kind of sub par compared to Abomasnow and Mawile, but with so much bulk (and leeway provided by Klefki's screens), this guy fit perfectly in between by other two members. 44 Speed EVs meant that he reached 101 speed, outrunning un-boosted base 130s after Tailwind. The bulk was absolutely incredible, which really helped with the random swaps the AI liked to do. I used Bulk Up when the AI was dumb, and he usually got three kills during his three kills of Tailwind.

Hydreigon@Life Orb
Levitate/Mild
6 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
-Earthquake
-Dark Pulse
-Draco Meteor
-Roost

Special Attacker. Was great filler, hit hard when I needed it to, and appreciated Tailwind support. Mostly used Dark Pulse, and was only used sparingly. Also, not getting hit by spikes/toxic spikes was nice.

Video of #50: BL2G-WWWW-WWW3-54QH

Next up: New Mega, and double battles!

So after falling just short of 50 wins in Singles several times, I have made the ultimate decision that Merlin the Delphox must be replaced; it has just not been pulling its weight. I'll probably use Goodra or Roserade instead.

My other two team members:

Liz and Amy (Kangaskhan) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy->Parental Bond
Adamant nature
Not IV bred
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Speed, 6 SpA (Blame the Seviper in the Zangoose hordes)
Power-up Punch
Return
Sucker Punch
Earthquake

Strategy: MegaKanga is the backbone behind the team, and the strategy is simple. Mega-evolve, then use Power-up Punch to get +2 attack, then sweep. It's insane how good this thing is.

Vetches (Noivern) @ Life Orb
Ability: Frisk
Hasty nature
IVs: 31/x/31/31/31/31
EVs: 252 SpA, 252 Spe, 6 HP
U-turn
Boomburst
Draco Meteor
Air Slash

Strategy: Vetches is generally my go-to revenge killer, since it outspeeds almost everything. If Liz and Amy go down, this guy can usually clean up the rest of the battle.

There is one thing that both members of the team struggle against, and that is Mismagius, because they tend to carry Icy Wind. Liz and Amy can only hurt it with Sucker Punch, making it total setup bait, and Vetches is OHKO'd by it.

So here's where I need help: What would be a good 3rd member of my team? (I still refuse to use Aegislash, so don't suggest it.)Particularly, what are good sets for Goodra and Roserade? (The reason I'm suggesting Roserade is because I encountered a Mild Budew with perfect IVs in HP, Attack, SpA, and Speed. I really want to use it!)

Last edited:
So after falling just short of 50 wins in Singles several times, I have made the ultimate decision that Merlin the Delphox must be replaced; it has just not been pulling its weight. I'll probably use Goodra or Roserade instead.

My other two team members:

Liz and Amy (Kangaskhan) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy->Parental Bond
Adamant nature
Not IV bred
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Speed, 6 SpA (Blame the Seviper in the Zangoose hordes)
Power-up Punch
Return
Sucker Punch
Earthquake

Strategy: MegaKanga is the backbone behind the team, and the strategy is simple. Mega-evolve, then use Power-up Punch to get +2 attack, then sweep. It's insane how good this thing is.

Vetches (Noivern) @ Life Orb
Ability: Frisk
Hasty nature
IVs: 31/x/31/31/31/31
EVs: 252 SpA, 252 Spe, 6 HP
U-turn
Boomburst
Draco Meteor
Air Slash

Strategy: Vetches is generally my go-to revenge killer, since it outspeeds almost everything. If Liz and Amy go down, this guy can usually clean up the rest of the battle.

There is one thing that both members of the team struggle against, and that is Mismagius, because they tend to carry Icy Wind. Liz and Amy can only hurt it with Sucker Punch, making it total setup bait, and Vetches

So here's where I need help: What would be a good 3rd member of my team? (I still refuse to use Aegislash, so don't suggest it.)Particularly, what are good sets for Goodra and Roserade? (The reason I'm suggesting Roserade is because I encountered a Mild Budew with perfect IVs in HP, Attack, SpA, and Speed. I really want to use it!)
I know you say don't use Aegislash, but seriously, it would be an excellent teammate to MKangaskhan.

But if you insist, try to find something (else) that resists both Fighting and Ice. Azumarill, perhaps. Or if MKanga is your first mon, find a Ghost that you can switch into if you smell a Fighting move. Perhaps Gengar would suffice, with high speed and great coverage.

I'd avoid goodra unless you plan on running an assault vest set. I'd also advise against Roserade, if you're saying you have that much problem with your ice weakness.

As far as another good teammate, try (as farranpoison mentioned) Gengar, or another ghost like Froslass. Both have at least decent coverage and are fast destiny bond spammers.

I managed to beat Super Doubles Evelyn with a team that probably shouldn't have managed it. Code if anyone cares: 4D5G-WWWW-WWW3-59MF

Kangaskhan@Kangaskhanite
Jolly Scrappy -> Parental Bond 252 Atk/Spd 6 HP
Return
Power-up Punch
Crunch
Earthquake

KANGASKHAN SMASH! I'm more of a Crunch person than a Sucker Punch person, so that's why Crunch. EQ may not hit twice, but it gets the job done well enough. It's especially fun when you take out something like a Houndoom with a single Parental Bond Power-up Punch.

Togetic@Eviolite
Bold Serene Grace 252 HP 128 Def/SpDef
Follow Me
Roost
filler
filler

Distraction Togetic. Draws fire so Kangaskhan can safely do her thing. Turns Focus Blasts and the like from dead Kangaskhan into like 10 damage on Togetic. Roost only really works when there's something Truant around while Kangaskhan wrecks the other guy. Is huge Taunt bait.

Ditto@Lum Berry
Docile Imposter 252 HP random EVs elsewhere
Transform

Self-explanatory. Item is pretty much filler. Not a Choice Scarf kind of person. Is kind of filler, but has gotten me out of trouble a few times.

Espeon@Lax Incense
Timid Magic Bounce 252 SpAtk/Spd 6 HP
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Dazzling Gleam
Calm Mind

Is pretty much filler. Figured I needed a special attacker and the only ones I've bred so far are this, a Charizard meant for use as Charizard-Y, and a Chatot.

Anyone have any advice on how to fill the gaps I have here? Moves for Togetic? Replacement for Espeon?

I know when using Kanghaskhan you will run into Spiritomb a lot....So maybe it's good to use Togekiss with dazzling gleam?

Although you can really breeze through doubles with Kanga hitting as much as it can then sending in Talonflame

Lost at battle 92. I got cocky after doing this until 7:30 in the morning, and thought that ramming my Aegislash into the dumb bird was a good idea. It's the first time I passed 50, though, so I'm happy.

LE4W-WWWW-WWW3-5HA7

My team was:
Greninja Life Orb
Protean
Naive
31/31/31/31/31/31
252 Spec Atk EV's/252 Speed EV's/6 HP EV's
Hydro Pump
Ice Beam
Grass Knot
Extrasensory

He's an AMAZING lead. Has STAB on four different type moves that all hit really hard. Before I gave it Grass Knot, it had U-Turn, and my team had A LOT of trouble dealing with the pesky water types. Especially the water/ground types, of which there are several. It OHKO's so many things with neutral Hydro Pump. Ice Beam is great coverage for all the dragons, and flying types.

Blaziken @Blazikenite
Speed Boost
Adamant
31/31/31/x/31/31
252 Atk EV's/252 Speed EV's/6 HP EV's
High Jump Kick
Flare Blitz
Swords Dance
Protect

Just a good Pokemon in general. Surprisingly enough, it did the least amount of work on the team. If I got a Swords Dance off, though, it swept hard. If another Pokémon fainted, Protect worked really well to scout attacks to see if I needed to swap into something else.

Aegislash Leftovers
Stance Change
Brave
31/31/31/x/31/0
252 Atk EV's/252 HP EV's/6 Spec Def EV's
King's Shield
Swords Dance
Shadow Sneak
Sacred Sword

MPV! MVP! MVP! It's SO easy to swap in on something, Swords Dance x3 for a +6 Aegislash and sweep with Shadow Sneak. This happened A LOT. It's amazing, and with being able to predictably lower opposing Pokémon's attack stat, it's just fantastic. I took Sacred Sword over Iron Head because of the stupid times that they decide to go for Double Team Evasion hax, along with the fact that +6 kills whatever without discrimination. It's just... It really good for Battle Maison.

Yilx

Sad
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
#97 lose: PJLG-WWWW-WWW3-5JB5
BONUS: SQKW-WWWW-WWW3-5JZ2 (Magical Evasion Garde)

Well, I lost at #97 in Super Doubles
I'm really liking Doubles more because it isn't as easy to get completely screwed over by one ounce of bad luck as in Singles. It was a misplay on my part so I don't feel so sour.

Talonflame@Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
192 Hp/252 Atk/4 Def/60 Spe
Adamant Nature
~Tailwind
~Brave Bird
~Flare Blitz
~Roost

I haven't actually found a use for Tailwind yet; in all of my 97 matches, it's done nothing but kill before it gets killed with Brave Bird. I'm considering using the Electric or Rock resist berry on it instead, but I think I might lose out on some crucial KOs if I don't use Sharp Beak. The first but very important member of my team.

Garchomp@Yache Berry
Ability: Sand Veil
6 Hp/252 Atk/252 Spe
Jolly Nature
~Earthquake
~Rock Slide
~Outrage
~Protect

I'd be using Dragon Claw>Outrage, but rebreeding for it again would be in the pain in the ass. Earthquake destroys anything that Talonflame dosen't save ground-immune electric types. I'll use Protect if I know the AI is going to attempt to lynch Garchomp with something (Water types with Ice Beam/Fairies with Moonblast or Gleam) to give Talon more free hits.

Rotom-Wash@Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
252 HP/252 Spa/6 SpD
~Discharge
~Shadow Ball
~Will-o'-Wisp
~Hydro Pump

Bulky Pivot and Discharge attacker that takes over Talon's spot when it goes down. I might use something else over Will-o' that can hit a wider variety of targets, but I can't really figure out what yet (It's Hidden Power type is something like Dark so that's not an option)

Mamoswine@Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
6 Hp/252 Atk/252 Spe
Adamant Nature
~Icicle Crash
~Ice Shard
~Earthquake
~Protect

When Garchomp goes down, he takes the spot. It cleans up with Ice Shard pretty nicely and takes care of what the first two don't.

#97 was a bad case of me underestimating my opponent's bulk and completely forgetting about my opponent's speed tier. The first two mons went down together with Chomp and Talon, but I let Magmortar instantly KO Mamoswine with Focus Blast and didn't KO Rampardos with Discharge from Rotom-W (admittedly I was afraid it was Sashed or if Hydro Pump missed) and the only mon left to take on the duo was Talon which really couldn't do anything to the both of them.

Anyway I'm pretty pumped and I'll probably try for #100 again.

Perhaps the scariest things I've come close to losing to are Mismagius, Thundurus, Articuno, Double Team Toxic Cress and that one Blissey with Mud Bomb/Minimize/Toxic/Softboiled.
Screw singles and it's lucksacking piece of crap

Last edited:

Enguarde

I only play ADV UU
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Btw yilx you can get rid of outrage for Dragon Claw since in 6th gen you can get back egg moves at the relearner :)

I'm loving my M-Kangaskhan in super singles, but ghosts keep screwing with me with their darn Will-o-wisp/Mean Look/Pain Split sets.

I'm running Jolly with max speed and attack, with Return/Fake Out/Earthquake/Sucker Punch. I'm considering switching Sucker Punch for Crunch just to handle these Ghosts, but will I miss the priority?

My other teammates are Aegislash with his typical SD set with Sacred Sword, and Protean Greninja with Surf/Ice Beam/Dark Pulse/Hidden Power Fire (got stupid lucky getting THAT particular hidden power). Should I just be running to Greninja as soon as I see a ghost, or is Crunch a better option for these spooky spirits?

#97 lose: PJLG-WWWW-WWW3-5JB5
BONUS: SQKW-WWWW-WWW3-5JZ2 (Magical Evasion Garde)

Well, I lost at #97 in Super Doubles
I'm really liking Doubles more because it isn't as easy to get completely screwed over by one ounce of bad luck as in Singles. It was a misplay on my part so I don't feel so sour.

Talonflame@Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
192 Hp/252 Atk/4 Def/60 Spe
Adamant Nature
~Tailwind
~Brave Bird
~Flare Blitz
~Roost

I haven't actually found a use for Tailwind yet; in all of my 97 matches, it's done nothing but kill before it gets killed with Brave Bird. I'm considering using the Electric or Rock resist berry on it instead, but I think I might lose out on some crucial KOs if I don't use Sharp Beak. The first but very important member of my team.

Garchomp@Yache Berry
Ability: Sand Veil
6 Hp/252 Atk/252 Spe
Jolly Nature
~Earthquake
~Rock Slide
~Outrage
~Protect

I'd be using Dragon Claw>Outrage, but rebreeding for it again would be in the pain in the ass. Earthquake destroys anything that Talonflame dosen't save ground-immune electric types. I'll use Protect if I know the AI is going to attempt to lynch Garchomp with something (Water types with Ice Beam/Fairies with Moonblast or Gleam) to give Talon more free hits.

Rotom-Wash@Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
252 HP/252 Spa/6 SpD
~Discharge
~Shadow Ball
~Will-o'-Wisp
~Hydro Pump

Bulky Pivot and Discharge attacker that takes over Talon's spot when it goes down. I might use something else over Will-o' that can hit a wider variety of targets, but I can't really figure out what yet (It's Hidden Power type is something like Dark so that's not an option)

Mamoswine@Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
6 Hp/252 Atk/252 Spe
Adamant Nature
~Icicle Crash
~Ice Shard
~Earthquake
~Protect

When Garchomp goes down, he takes the spot. It cleans up with Ice Shard pretty nicely and takes care of what the first two don't.

#97 was a bad case of me underestimating my opponent's bulk and completely forgetting about my opponent's speed tier. The first two mons went down together with Chomp and Talon, but I let Magmortar instantly KO Mamoswine with Focus Blast and didn't KO Rampardos with Discharge from Rotom-W (admittedly I was afraid it was Sashed or if Hydro Pump missed) and the only mon left to take on the duo was Talon which really couldn't do anything to the both of them.

Anyway I'm pretty pumped and I'll probably try for #100 again.

Perhaps the scariest things I've come close to losing to are Mismagius, Thundurus, Articuno, Double Team Toxic Cress and that one Blissey with Mud Bomb/Minimize/Toxic/Softboiled.
Screw singles and it's lucksacking piece of crap
That blissey is the reason I lost at 55 in rotation, didnt know all its moves so thought it would stay in on m gengar and instead of going shadowball that would have KO'd his 2nd last pokemon metagross, I went dazzling and got KO'd back. Next he toxicstalled my greninja

Im currenty around 45ish in the maison. Ive been running physically defensive mega gyarados with waterfall/dd/resttalk, assault vest modest sap sipper goodra with draco meteor/muddy water/sludge wave/fire blast and mixed lo aegislash with shadowball/iron head/sacred sword/shadow sneak

This team allows me to take advantage of intimidate to benefit goodra and aegislash. Im going to keep working on this record later on!

Well, that was much easier than I was expecting. I had a couple scares, but I made it through on my first try. The team!

Klefki@Light Clay
Prankster/Bold
252 HP/252 Def/6 Spe
-Light Screen
-Reflect
-Safeguard
-Foul Play

The same screener you've seen other people use. Sent it out first to absorb Intimidates. Got one KO the entire time.

Talonflame@Sky Plate
Gale Wings/Adamant
126 HP/252 Atk/132 Spe
-Brave Bird
-Flare Blitz
-Roost
-Tailwind

The glue of the team. I had never actually used any form of Talonflame before, and Tailwind support works wonderfully in Rotation battles since you don't need to waste the turn switching. Also, you know, Brave Bird hits really, really hard.

Heracross@Heracronite
Guts->Skill Link/Adamant
214 HP/252 Atk/44 Spe
-Close Combat
-Bulk Up
-Pin Missile
-Rock Blast

Mega-cross! It was kind of sub par compared to Abomasnow and Mawile, but with so much bulk (and leeway provided by Klefki's screens), this guy fit perfectly in between by other two members. 44 Speed EVs meant that he reached 101 speed, outrunning un-boosted base 130s after Tailwind. The bulk was absolutely incredible, which really helped with the random swaps the AI liked to do. I used Bulk Up when the AI was dumb, and he usually got three kills during his three kills of Tailwind.

Hydreigon@Life Orb
Levitate/Mild
6 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
-Earthquake
-Dark Pulse
-Draco Meteor
-Roost

Special Attacker. Was great filler, hit hard when I needed it to, and appreciated Tailwind support. Mostly used Dark Pulse, and was only used sparingly. Also, not getting hit by spikes/toxic spikes was nice.

Video of #50: BL2G-WWWW-WWW3-54QH

Next up: New Mega, and double battles!
Small correction--Hera gets Arm Thrust from the relearner as another Skill Link abuse move (with no defense drops) yes it is weaker but is an option. Congrats!

Small correction--Hera gets Arm Thrust from the relearner as another Skill Link abuse move (with no defense drops) yes it is weaker but is an option. Congrats!
I looked at it but the power drop off wasn't worth it when I'd be outrunning everything after Tailwind. Defense drops never mattered.

Streak ended in Rotations at I believe 59. Just wasn't a super strong team, probably won't try again with Heracross.

Triples is still going strong though while I think about my doubles team.

EDIT: Lol the Maison has such a hard time generating counters to double weather. Tried to hard counter Abomasnow and ended up making the end of the battle really easy with TTar.

3G8G-WWWW-WWW3-5RVT if anyone is interested.

Last edited:
Just passed 100 now with the Durant-Haxorus set. Battle 101 was the toughest yet and the only one to be close. After the Haxorus was done setting up, the opposing team's 2nd Pokemon was a Focus Sash Tyranitar. The sash is this set's biggest issue with no substitute. The Tyranitar used Dragon Tail which got my Haxorus down to just below half. Out came Durant who was at around 65% and I had to kill the Tyranitar instead of setting up on it due to its Dragon Tail. Next, with the sandstorm still going, an Excadrill came out and I could not risk getting outsped by him with Sand Rush, so I switched to Garchomp. Unfortunately Excadrill was able to do just over 50% and managed to 2HKO my Garchomp. This wasn't too bad because it stalled some turns on the sandstorm. I sent in the Durant which outsped the Excadrill, thank goodness it didn't have a choice scarf or quick claw. The Durant died to an EQ and then the sandstorm subsided when I sent in my Haxorus. It's a good thing the Durant died because it let Haxorus use Dragon Dance first instead of Protect. I was then able to get a couple more Dragon Dances up but Excadrill used sandstorm which was slowly killing me. With his Sand Rush replaced with Truant I could outspeed him and used Brick Break while hoping he didn't have a sash or chipotle berry and luckily he did not!

Durant @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Truant
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spe / 6 SpD
Jolly Nature
Entrainment
Crunch
Guillotine
Iron Head

Garchomp @ Choice Band
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 6 HP
Jolly Nature
Earthquake
Outrage (Dragon Claw?)
Stone Edge (Rock Slide?)
Iron Head (Poison Jab?)

I might need to further tweak these moves.

HaxRus @ Lum Berry
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 6 HP
Adamant Nature
Protect
Dragon Dance
Shadow Claw
Brick Break

The Lum berry has only been used ~5 times, all from Flame Body. About the same number of Pokemon have avoided a OHKO: Shuckle and Skarmory, Suicune and Articuno. Most bulky Pokemon who are only hit neutrally by Ghost/Fighting and with 252hp/252def and +Def nature will probably avoid being OHKOed with this Lum berry. Offensive item options such as a Life Orb is too risky if I have to set up under weather, muscle band is not significant enough to make a difference, and expert belt is useless because nothing can take a SE hit anyway. Fighting gem may be the best other option but it's probably rarer for a Pokemon to survive a hit than it is for a status condition from a Brightpowder set or Flame Body burn or Focus Sash Yawn etc.

+6 252+ Atk Haxorus Brick Break vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Articuno: 147-174 (74.61 - 88.32%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+6 252+ Atk Haxorus Brick Break vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 135-159 (65.21 - 76.81%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

UGH got haxed again in the mid 20s in Super doubles when my Gyarados got frozen by a Blizzard from Sash Froslass (man do I hate that motherfucker in every Battle Tower iteration). Nevertheless, I still had a chance to win when I sent out Garchomp against a full HP Unfeazant and Rock Head, Head Smash Tyrantrum.

Man Tyrantrum is buff, it survived a Life Orb Garchomp EQ -_____-. Head Smash still did a TON of damage to Garchomp (pretty sure it was Banded cause it KO'd my Talonflame with Head Smash the previous turn, pretty dumb for it not change attacks) and then I got KO'd by Fly from Unfeazant -_-_-_-_-_-

Obviously I could've won if I took the 50/50 toss up and chose Outrage over EQ but Unfeazant was "up in the air" and I knew I was guaranteed to lose if Outrage picked him. Oh well. Gonna go at it one more time with Scarf Adamant chomp. Been using CB Jolly and then Life Orb Jolly chomp for my last 2 runs but I get ohko'd by way too many faster threats

Last edited:
double-post

P.S. You know what's really annoying in doubles? Rock Slides from Aerodactyl. Hax is still alive and well in the Battle Maison lol. I'm gonna switch to a Sandstorm Aron team if I lose again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)