Instacheck Hotspot -- a fast Pokémon checker for XY

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually got it to work, but I don't know how to use it... Could someone explain how to use it..? Like how to use the shiny values?

Last edited:
I actually got it to work, but I don't know how to use it... Could someone explain how to use it..?
If you can connect to the hotspot that Instacheck creates on your 3DS, start the scanner and scan the connection that Instacheck created. If you're in a trade with someone and either you or your trading partner show a Pokemon, that Pokemon's information should be captured by Instacheck. If you're doing a Wonder Trade, the information will show up as soon as you find a trading partner.

edit: oops. I didn't see the part about the shiny values. Each egg you show will have a different shiny value. You need to find a trainer who has the same value and have them hatch your egg. That Pokemon will be shiny.

If you can connect to the hotspot that Instacheck creates on your 3DS, start the scanner and scan the connection that Instacheck created. If you're in a trade with someone and either you or your trading partner show a Pokemon, that Pokemon's information should be captured by Instacheck. If you're doing a Wonder Trade, the information will show up as soon as you find a trading partner.

edit: oops. I didn't see the part about the shiny values. Each egg you show will have a different shiny value. You need to find a trainer who has the same value and have them hatch your egg. That Pokemon will be shiny.
Sheeplet, you look like you're the expert here. Please, help me deal with my problem, this thing is getting me really mad.

Ohh. Okay. Thank you! Now I understand!

So did anyone get it to work on vista? i think thats the main reason it doesn't work on my laptop, i guess i can upgrade to windows 7 but i want to be sure it is that, so anyone with the working program on vista? :p

Sheeplet, you look like you're the expert here. Please, help me deal with my problem, this thing is getting me really mad.
Lol I wish I was an expert.
Im having the same damn problem. Yesterday my 3DS found the instacheck connection easily, but today no matter how much i try, my 3DS wont show the instacheck connection.
Have you tried restarting your computer? If you have, when you start the hotspot, go to CMD and type netsh wlan show hostednetwork Is it saying that the hosted network started? Can you connect to the hotspot on any other devices, such as a cell phone or ipod? If you can, make sure your connection settings are correct on the 3DS.

I'm looking for somebody who would be willing to help me find my shiny value as well as help me check some eggs maybe. I can pay for the service! I wish instacheck would work for me. :(

Edit: After trying on a different computer it appears to work! Awesome!

I'm Famous!

Also with this error
I clicked the Start Hotspot button but it tells me "Virtual Router Plus could not be started." It worked before, why isn't it working now?

This is a problem that, for now, requires you to reboot Windows. A better solution will be available later in the week.
It seems restarting the wireless portion of your connections seems to fix this error

Also this program has made me bluescreen once after a shutdown so far XD

Lol I wish I was an expert.

Have you tried restarting your computer? If you have, when you start the hotspot, go to CMD and type netsh wlan show hostednetwork Is it saying that the hosted network started? Can you connect to the hotspot on any other devices, such as a cell phone or ipod? If you can, make sure your connection settings are correct on the 3DS.
Ok, my cellphone can easily detect the Instacheck Hotspot, thats the problem! How can i make it appear on my 3DS? The fact that it doesnt show on the 3DS really scares me, i mean, there's some way to solve the problem? If the answer is yes, can you guide me?

40 pages since I was here last x____x dear god

Sheeplet what is the most common error/issue you keep hearing? :)
I don't think Vista supports instacheck. Perhaps you can verify this for me. I sent a query to Omega about it, but here's why I don't think it works on Vista
"1. VirtualRouterPlus does not list Vista as supported operating system 1
2. VirtualRouterPlus uses netsh wlan set hostednetwork. hostednetwork is not included in Vista's syntax 2(page 13)
3. Wireless hosted networks are a new feature on Windows 7 and Windows server 2008 3"

Other only other common problems appear to be disabling the firewall to pass the connection test or not being able to pass the connection test either way.
Poor Britt still can't get hers to work. :(

Ok, my cellphone can easily detect the Instacheck Hotspot, thats the problem! How can i make it appear on my 3DS? The fact that it doesnt show on the 3DS really scares me, i mean, there's some way to solve the problem? If the answer is yes, can you guide me?
Try manually entering the SSID and key (WPA2 -AES) on your 3DS and have your phone stop connecting to it.

I don't think Vista supports instacheck. Perhaps you can verify this for me. I sent a query to Omega about it, but here's why I don't think it works on Vista
"1. VirtualRouterPlus does not list Vista as supported operating system 1
2. VirtualRouterPlus uses netsh wlan set hostednetwork. hostednetwork is not included in Vista's syntax 2(page 13)
3. Wireless hosted networks are a new feature on Windows 7 and Windows server 2008 3"

Other only other common problems appear to be disabling the firewall to pass the connection test or not being able to pass the connection test either way.
Poor Britt still can't get hers to work. :(
omg poor girl x_x She's gone above and beyond trying to get that to work. I may just have to check for her again hahaha

Wow you know what? I think you're right about Vista.... That explains alot o_o I'll dig up some Vista laptops at work and confirm. I don't run Vista at home LOL

On both my Win7 laptops, I can not get instachecker to start when my LAN is enabled. Have you seen any issues like that?
I also intermittently get 'An event was unable to invoke any of the subscribers (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040201)' which is resolved just by trying to launch the hotspot again.

Try manually entering the SSID and key (WPA2 -AES) on your 3DS and have your phone stop connecting to it.
The fact is that i've already tried to enter manually the SSID and key, and my phone isnt connected to the hotspot. Or i have to disconnect something from the main connection, the one that i use to connect here?

omg poor girl x_x She's gone above and beyond trying to get that to work. I may just have to check for her again hahaha

Wow you know what? I think you're right about Vista.... That explains alot o_o I'll dig up some Vista laptops at work and confirm. I don't run Vista at home LOL

On both my Win7 laptops, I can not get instachecker to start when my LAN is enabled. Have you seen any issues like that?
I also intermittently get 'An event was unable to invoke any of the subscribers (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040201)' which is resolved just by trying to launch the hotspot again.
I haven't see that LAN problem at all. I'm not sure what would be causing that o_O.
I think that second message is from not stopping the hotspot before closing instacheck, but I could be mistaken.

OH! There's also some random error with "Operation blocked waiting for an oplock (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800702FD)" that I've gotten twice and someone else has had, that seemingly went away on its own after a while.

The fact is that i've already tried to enter manually the SSID and key, and my phone isnt connected to the hotspot. Or i have to disconnect something from the main connection, the one that i use to connect here?
Have you changed any settings since yesterday? You could try restarting your router. Also, when you said you could connect to the hotspot yesterday, does that mean Instacheck was working for you?

I haven't see that LAN problem at all. I'm not sure what would be causing that o_O.
I think that second message is from not stopping the hotspot before closing instacheck, but I could be mistaken.

OH! There's also some random error with "Operation blocked waiting for an oplock (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800702FD)" that I've gotten twice and someone else has had, that seemingly went away on its own after a while.
I thought that was weird too, but I'm sure the LAN is the cause. Just now I had LAN enabled, it and the 3DS will not get online through the hotspot. I disable my LAN, it connects. I re-enable my LAN and it disconnects o_o
But it very well could be just local to my network.

I'm off to work now, so I'll get back to you about Vista.

Oh! I created an addendum to your original troubleshooting guide. I was wondering if you could look it over

1B) If you're getting a "WinPcap is already installed on this machine. Press Ok if you want to force... " Press OK and force it.
If there are error messages about packet.dll or wpcap.dll (Error opening file for writing: C:\Windows\system32\wpcap.dll/packet.dll Click Abort to stop the installation, Retry to try again, or Ignore to skip this file.)

Go to C:\(or whichever drive you installed Windows on) -> Windows -> SysWOW64/System32 (if you're running a 32 bit version of windows) -> Find the files "packet.dll" and "wpcap.dll" and either rename them (ex. packet.dll.old) or delete them. After that, try reinstalling.

4A) If Instacheck getting an error as soon as you open it, go to Services.msc from the start/search menu and make sure that WLAN AutoConfig is set to Automatic and has started
services.png
4B) If the "Shared Connection:" bar is grayed out with no options, close Instacheck and run it as administrator (right mouse click -> Run as administrator)
blankityblank.png
6A) If your 3DS is failing the connection test, try disabling any firewalls you may be running on your computer.
I wish I understood what was going on here. I think some people are failing the test because they're not using an ethernet cable, but just wireless with a card that isn't capable of both receiving and transmitting a connection?
8A) If the line above "Start/Stop Scanning" is grayed out, WinPcap was not installed correctly. See 1B
NO PICTURE YET

Last edited:
Have you changed any settings since yesterday? You could try restarting your router. Also, when you said you could connect to the hotspot yesterday, does that mean Instacheck was working for you?
Yeah, yesterday i had the same problem, but then after some try the connection appeared by itself in the list of the access points. Then, before going to sleep i closed the Instacheck program and all and i deplugged the Router, like i always do when i sleep. Today i replugged the router, and did exactly what i did yesterday, but the Instacheck Hotspot just wont show on my 3DS, no matter how hard i try.

Hello im have this problem:

every time I try to run the Instacheck always say "The method or operation is not implemented."
Im using a laptop Acer Aspire 4352
My Hosted Network is on
Pls Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)