Other Negatively impacted Pokemon PrePokebank OU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any pokemon that made use of the Drain Punch move tutor in BW2. Gallade and Hitmonchan are the most prominent users IMO, but some Lucario and Kangaskhan sets also made use of it.

I was getting ready to start breeding for a good Golurk, but I noticed it lost most of it's punches till Bank. No Drain Punch, or any Elemental Punches... I wonder if it's worth it just to run a No Guard Dynamic punch set for now... which may actually be pretty fun and interesting.

Dragonite without extremespeed is the only reason I'm playing pokebank OU right now. I really didn't think it'd be so bad without extremespeed but I was dead wrong. Especially on the Choice Band set.

Dragonite without extremespeed is the only reason I'm playing pokebank OU right now. I really didn't think it'd be so bad without extremespeed but I was dead wrong. Especially on the Choice Band set.
Yeah I agree it's that little that make me play in pokebank; no flying gem for Tflame, no extremespeed for Dragonite, no giga drain for volcarona, no Latios, no Kyurem-B, no Milotic, No Latias etc

A lot of Choice users lose out on Trick, which I prefer with all of my Choice sets, unless they have access to Switcheroo, U-Turn, or Volt Switch.

Seriously, I hope Tutor moves become breedable in X & Y. Otherwise, I won't go back to Gen V's awful breeding mechanics.

I agree with whoever said Knock Off - Gamefreak really trolled us by giving it a huge buff and then making us wait to try it out on many things that would love it.

Didnt play mutch of gen V but I am noticing the gen 6 breeding is being a bitch when I am trying to get perfect ivs on a charmander.

Metagross lost a whole lot of its' amazingness, IMO... Now it gets hit SE with Ghost and Dark types, types that originally hit it neutrally due to Steel's resistances to them in years past. In addition, Meteor Mash got a power drop, and most of the moves that made Metagross shine were move tutor moves in BW2, so now they're unavailable to it. R.I.P. Metagross of Gens past, you will be missed.

Hitmontop not being able to have Sucker Punch until Pokébank is released is a pretty big impact. Unless you can manage to pull off an incredibly quick Thief, Hitmontop is pretty much nothing against all Ghost types.

Pretty sure Ferrothorn's role as a spikes setter is gone due to cacturne not being available for breeding it onto Ferro.

Metagross pretty much lost everything. No Ice Punch, Thunder Punch, or Zen Headbutt hurts and Iron Head, IMO, is better than Meteor Mash now that it only has 90 BP. Meteor Mash/EQ/Bullet Punch/random filler move is the best it can do right now.
Don't forget the added weaknesses to Ghost/Dark thanks to the Steel type nerf! Other than that, it doesn't lose Zen Headbutt, it learns it through leveling as it always have.

I'm currently poking around with a team built around Metagross@Choice Scarf, I'm rather upset its speed only goes to up 393 where MGengar would go to 394... Could have been a (gimmick) counter. But anyway without Ice/Thunder Punch the amount of stuff you can RK with it is pretty limited, it works somewhat, but nothing extraordinary.

So what happens to
Pokebank OU next month? The current Pokebank tier isn't even Pokebank as it allows certain HAs and gems that aren't transferable. At least that's what I saw last I played. Sorry if this had been asked before I was hit curious why it's called Pokebank when it does things Pokebank cannot do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)