Breeding Perfect Pokemon in Pokemon X&Y

Status
Not open for further replies.
Breeding with the first Ditto, you have a 9.3750% chance per egg to hatch a 4-IV Froakie.

Breeding with the second Ditto, that chance is reduced (slightly) to 8.3822% per egg. So no, you're better off breeding with the first Ditto.

This calculator should tell you everything you need to know.

thank you so much! that is literally exactly what i have been looking for hahaha

thank you so much! that is literally exactly what i have been looking for hahaha
Happy to help. Actually, if you wanna add me and send me a trade request, I have a TON of 5-IV spitback Froakies taking up space in my box, I could certainly just give you one.

I have a question:
If you have a 31 / 31 / 31 / x / 31 / 31 / 31 Female Torchic (Holding a Destiny Knot) breed with a x / 31 / x / 31 / x / 31 / x Male Torchic (Holding an Everstone), what are the odds of getting a 6 IV Baby?

I have a question:
If you have a 31 / 31 / 31 / x / 31 / 31 / 31 Female Torchic (Holding a Destiny Knot) breed with a x / 31 / x / 31 / x / 31 / x Male Torchic (Holding an Everstone), what are the odds of getting a 6 IV Baby?
There is no such thing as a 31/31/31/x/31/31/31 or x/31/x/31/x/31/x Pokemon, so the odds are 0.000% because it is impossible. ;)

Assuming this was a typo, however, you can find all your breeding probabilities using this calculator.

There is no such thing as a 31/31/31/x/31/31/31 or x/31/x/31/x/31/x Pokemon, so the odds are 0.000% because it is impossible. ;)

Assuming this was a typo, however, you can find all your breeding probabilities using this calculator.
Oh wow, sorry, I meant like 31 in HP, Defense, Attack, Special Defense, and Speed breeding with a 31 in HP, Special Attack, Special Defense, Speed.

Breeding Flawless Pokemon:

Chance of breeding a x6 IV Pokemon off of two x5 parents with different imperfect IVs:
1/128 (1/2 Correct IV inheritance * 1/2 Correct IV inheritance *1/32 Max IV generated)

Chance of breeding a x6 IV Pokemon off of two x5 parents with the same imperfect IVs:
1/196 (1/6 Imperfect IV not inherited * 1/32 Max IV generated)

Chance of breeding a x6 IV Pokemon off of a x6 and x5 parent:
11/384 (~1/35) (11/12 Imperfect IV not inherited * 1/32 Max IV generated)

Chance of breeding a x6 Pokemon off of two x6 Parents
1/32 (1/32 Max IV generated)
This source would disagree with your figures: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67601379

I'm not fresh enough on my statistics to confirm myself.

Last edited:
So I'm a bit confused about my breeding, perhaps someone can clear this up for me. I have two parents, both Modest Noibats with IVs checked at 31/x/31/31/31/31. One is holding a Destiny Knot, the other an Everstone. Out of the past 20 child Pokemon, only two or three have been 31/x/31/31/31/31. If Destiny Knot is passing down 5 IVs, am I just getting REALLY unlucky and having it pass down the Attack IV 90% of the time?
Yeah, been having the same problem as well. Since 5 out of the 6 stats will be passed down via the Destiny Knot (and since you have everything except Attack perfect and identical between the two parents), then you have a 1/6 chance of NOT passing down the Attack Stat and getting 31/x/31/31/31/31 children. It's harder when breeding Genderless Pokemon, especially if you only have a 3 IV ditto.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Has anyone figured out how the hatching O-Powers actually affect the hatch speed? Specifically does it have an effect on the internal egg counter, or does it reduce the number of steps to increment the egg counter by certain amount?

Question:

I have a flawless calm male hydration goomy and a 5iv calm female (imperfect spa), and im aiming for a flawless gooey goomy. What items should the parents get? I know destiny knot should be for the male, but should the female get power item for spa or everstone?

Thanks for any answers

Question:

I have a flawless calm male hydration goomy and a 5iv calm female (imperfect spa), and im aiming for a flawless gooey goomy. What items should the parents get? I know destiny knot should be for the male, but should the female get power item for spa or everstone?

Thanks for any answers
Everstone if you want the offspring to have Calm nature.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Question:

Thanks for any answers
Everstone and Destiny Knot. In your case it doesnt matter which parent holds which, but in general Everstone goes to the parent with the desired nature (gender doesnt matter)

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Okay. I'm trying to get a charmander with Dragon dance, outrage, crunch, and belly drum. I checked serebii so I know these are all egg moves. The female has dragon dance and outrage, and I have a male snorlax with belly drum and crunch. I put them in the daycare together, but the baby only had belly drum and crunch. How do I make it so the baby gets all 4 of the egg moves?

Okay. I'm trying to get a charmander with Dragon dance, outrage, crunch, and belly drum. I checked serebii so I know these are all egg moves. The female has dragon dance and outrage, and I have a male snorlax with belly drum and crunch. I put them in the daycare together, but the baby only had belly drum and crunch. How do I make it so the baby gets all 4 of the egg moves?
I don't believe females pass 100% of the time. Keep on trying and I think it should work eventually.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
I don't believe females pass 100% of the time. Keep on trying and I think it should work eventually.
Normally I would believe you, because what I read in this thread is accurate for the most part. However, I've hatched at least 10 eggs and none of the offspring had the females moves. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

Normally I would believe you, because what I read in this thread is accurate for the most part. However, I've hatched at least 10 eggs and none of the offspring had the females moves. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.
Try breeding one of the male charmander with belly drum and crunch with the female having DD and outrage. Maybe only males pass egg moves when they are different species...? Both should pass egg moves when they are the same species, that has already been established.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
What are all four of Charmander's moves?

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Scratch, growl, crunch, and belly drum
Did you remove the Charmander from the Day Care at any point and put it back in? It is possible that the egg moves were overwritten before you started breeding. If that is the case, you need to relearn them and put it back in the Day Care.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Did you remove the Charmander from the Day Care at any point and put it back in? It is possible that the egg moves were overwritten before you started breeding. If that is the case, you need to relearn them and put it back in the Day Care.
Stupid breeders deleted the egg moves. I will have to reteach them to the female. Is there a way to avoid this in the future?

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Stupid breeders deleted the egg moves. I will have to reteach them to the female. Is there a way to avoid this in the future?
Don't withdraw your parents from the breeder unless necessary. Also if your parents do forget their egg moves, the move relearner should be able to re-teach them.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
I have made a couple interesting discoveries when it comes to hatching:

1. Magikarp's egg cycles appear to be shorter than what Bulbapedia lists (without Flame Body I hatched eggs at 1159 steps, w/ flame body 579 and 671 steps, Bulbapedia lists a minimum 1530 steps). Bulbapedia lists egg cycles by approximately one too many cycles, I think.
2. Flame Body / Magma Armor Pokemon no longer need to be at the front of the party to speed up hatching.

*edit* some further research seems to indicate:

3. Egg cycles work more or less the same way as previous generation games. 255 steps decreases the egg counter by 1 to every egg in your party (256 seems to contradict my research).
4. Flame Body doubles the number of egg cycles that are incremented per 255 steps from 1 to 2.
5. The O-Powers seem to straight up decreases the number of steps needed to increment the egg counter. I'm guessing level 3 decreases it to 128, level 2 to 170, and level 1 to 204.
6. The step counter does not appear to reset when an egg is spawned, hatched, or when you acquire an egg, but further research is needed. This means when you acquire an egg it is possible to start with your step counter anywhere between 0 and 254. Which is why you can hatch multiple Pokemon at the same time.

Which means that with a level 3 O-Power and Flame Body, you increment 2 egg cycles every 128 steps; a long-hatch Pokemon like Chansey can be hatched in 2550 steps., whereas Magikarp can be hatched in as few as 384 steps, assuming you start with your step counter at zero.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)