Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, been playing Showdown and reading Smogon for months now, but this is my first time on the forums.

I'm posting regarding an issue Showdown seems to have, all of a sudden, with a particular aspect of my team.

I've been running a Flying Gem/Unburden Hawlucha set-up (with a fair bit of success, I might add, but that's beside the point) in Pokebank OU since I started playing in Gen 6 ladders. Yesterday, however, I started getting this error: (see picture here)

From lurking on the forums I've determined that the Flying Gem HAS in fact been found in Gen 6 in some cave somewhere, so why is this happening?

Unfortunately, despite information circulating elsewhere, flying gem hasn't been released yet-- The only Gem available in X/Y is the normal gem.

Additionally, with PokeBank apparently being unable to transfer items, it's unclear if or when flying gem will be legal again.

Contributors are working to remove mentions of it from analyses and discussion threads, since it was previously assumed to be in the game.

Hi everyone, not sure if this has been posted already, but when using Mega-Kangaskhan and attacking a Ferrothorn, I don't think the second hit from Parental Bond should incur damage. I think I was watching a shofu WiFi battle on Youtube and the second hit didn't inflict damage on Mega-Kangaskhan.

UnicornDemon

Banned deucer.
The move infestation is supposed to last 4-5 turns, but there have been many instances where the the foe is freed from infestation the turn after I use the move.

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Hi everyone, not sure if this has been posted already, but when using Mega-Kangaskhan and attacking a Ferrothorn, I don't think the second hit from Parental Bond should incur damage. I think I was watching a shofu WiFi battle on Youtube and the second hit didn't inflict damage on Mega-Kangaskhan.
It does, check again.

I reported this yesterday in the wrong place

Magician Glitch
As of right now, at least when weakness policy is equipped on Delphox with Magician, if you hit an opponent with a super effective move it will give them your weakness policy

e.g

Delphox uses flamethrower on Klefki

Klefki hangs on with its focus sash

Klefki acquires Weakness Policy

Which isn't how it is supposed to work I am fairly certain.

Anyway, thanks for reading.

I've encountered a bug surrounding the held item: Weakness Policy (WP).
Specifically: Dragonite using WP. I was fighting an Archeops, and it Stone Edge failed to trigger WP on multiple accounts, but Dragon Pulse DID activate WP later on in the battle. Sorry, I didn't take a screen shot or save the log or anything.
There have been other instances (See Uncharted Territory > [Item] Weakness Policy Thread) where Knock Off wasn't triggering WP on Aegislash, but it does so in the game.

Had Dragonite used Roost on those turns? That would remove the weakness to rock attacks for the turn. Otherwise it is a bug.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Had a user report Safety Goggles is currently not allowing its user to be immune to Rage Powder. I haven't tested it in-game, but I know attacks from Grass Type Pokemon are no longer redirected by Rage Powder as it is a Powder move. I assume the same applies to Safety Goggles.

Crafty shield only applies to the user in showdown. I used it in double battle and my partner still got burned by a will-o-wisp. Its definitely a bug because it works just fine ingame and protects both pokemons from non-attack moves.

My Zoroark has not been using Illusion at all in Gen 5 OU (It comes in as a Zoroark, my opponent noticed it also so it's not just from my view. I have tried mixing up the team slots but it never works regardless of where/when I play it.

I was playing LC with Unburden Swirlix, used berry juice, thus activating Unburden. Then, I thieved an item and was outsped by a 19 speed 'mon (i was well over that accounting Unburden). From as far as I can remember, Unburden activates when you lose your item, and stays that way regardless of whether or not you acquire another (including when using trick, remember that from the trickfloon days).

Has this changed in Gen VI or is it a bug?

I megaevolved Kanghaskhan, and the sprite change, happened normally (adds the baby kanghaskhan). However, after switching it in, It looked like this:

The sprite is obviously much larger than normal

GCSChris, thats just some lag, given a few seconds the sprite will change to mega kangaskhan and size will be normal. This has aways happened on PS (cherrim changing formes) but most people have only noticed now with mega evolutions

Last edited:
for the first turn of mega evolution, mega banette doesn't seem to gain the "Prankster" ability. For instance, if sableye and banette are both on the field, sableye's status moves are always faster than mega banette's despite its slower than banette.

for the first turn of mega evolution, mega banette doesn't seem to gain the "Prankster" ability. For instance, if sableye and banette are both on the field, sableye's status moves are always faster than mega banette's despite its slower than banette.
Speed is decided before the turn even begins, so Sableye's Prankster speed beats Banette's non-prankster speed, even though Mega evolution occurs. The next turn however, Banette's status moves will outspeed Sableye.

Speed is decided before the turn even begins, so Sableye's Prankster speed beats Banette's non-prankster speed, even though Mega evolution occurs. The next turn however, Banette's status moves will outspeed Sableye.
normal banette outspeeds sableye as well, so this is incorrect. make sure you're running max speed on banette.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)