Smogon Fantasy Football: 2013-2014 Season

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Man, bye weeks are still starting to hurt. It's not helping that I only have two viable RBs in Moreno and McCoy. I'm might drop a another game this week in League D. If anyone wants to make a trade hit me up. I have some pretty solid WRs. I'm Victorious Secret in Angel Bunni or League D.

Stallion, its a 12 team league.
What do you know I just knocked you out of first place ;). Seriously though how the fuck did you put up 180 points week 1 ._.

I know. I'm pretty upset my team played a bit down last week.

oh and this is how I scored 180 points week 1:

and lots of this

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
hey guys can I also come and complain about how my team is too good

wait no I can't because my team is ass

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Man, bye weeks are still starting to hurt. It's not helping that I only have two viable RBs in Moreno and McCoy. I'm might drop a another game this week in League D. If anyone wants to make a trade hit me up. I have some pretty solid WRs. I'm Victorious Secret in Angel Bunni or League D.

Stallion, its a 12 team league.
How the fuck did you guys let him have Steve Smith as his worst non QB (Eli and Dalton are still serviceable too) player? Lol.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Because people were sleeping on a lot of those players before the season. Nobody expected Reggie Bush, Fred Jackson or DeSean Jackson to perform as well as they have up to this point. Also it's auction so sometimes things just pan out differently, since it tends to be all over the place from nominations rather than a predictable order like Snake.

You know every year there's just that one team in every league that gets everything going their way, between not having injuries and their players all performing well consistently. Typically, though, these teams end up faltering in the playoffs. I very rarely see the 1 seed win the fantasy championship :)

In other news, I can't decide between Le'Veon Bell and Shane Vereen for my FLEX this week. Halp!

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ugh so the Kansas City defense that has been doing work for me all season goes from first to worst in one day by losing BOTH of their star pass rushers. I really hope Houston and Hali aren't out for long...

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Man I have the most bipolar team in the league. Start off with a 6 game losing streak, now on a 5 game win streak culminating in the highest scoring team total this week. Finally getting Fitz and MJD to play up to their potential I guess.

Had two must-win weeks in two leagues this week.

In my money league, I'm down 13 with RG3 to play, while my opponent has Phil Dawson. Probably going to need 22-25 points to win, and against the 49ers that won't be easy.

In the other league, I'm down 19.4 points with Pierre Garcon to play (PPR). This league's pretty interesting, because I was 1-6 at one point, but have been on a huge run over the last month averaging 150+ points a game and finishing as the week's highest scorer 3 out of 4 weeks, and the winner of this game will be this week's highest scorer too.

League C's playoffs are a mess right now. After this week, we'll (probably) have four 6-6 teams vying for two playoff spots. Makes for an interesting last week of the season!

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
Not that I was likely to make the playoffs at this point anyway but everything else broke my way this week, except I still need an average performance from VD Monday night to make it past semi-inactive loki only playing two WRs >:| Gonna be so pissed when he inevitably does nothing or gets injured early.

I also managed to lose by a half-point in my other league. I can't really complain about that when I didn't have my lineup set the way I thought I did. Had Ellington over Stacy from last week still, McCoy in the lineup so I had to slot Nicks in at FLEX at the last moment and he ended up not playing of course.

welp

Last edited:

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
I almost forgot: Your weekly Trent Richardson update.

Failed to meet projection for the 11th time in 11 games.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
hnnnnnnng Eric Decker only got me 1 pt so now I'm only up by 4 with my opponent still having San Fran defense left to play. This will probably drop me to 5-7 (despite being what, 3rd in points?) and out of playoff contention :(. What an awful week this has been...

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
When Peyton almost fucks you over in a do or die fantasy matchup, Anquan Boldin bails me out. You might not be a Raven anymore but you're still my boy (sorry ShakeitUp)

Fabbles

LN_Slayer
is a Contributor Alumnus
Playoffs basically set in Smogon League B (unless MoP manages to outscore either me or Steeler by 200 points over the next two weeks). Lakers is definitely the favorite right now, but Steeler looks solid and yondie and I are alright.

Keepin that repeat dream alive.

Meanwhile in my 12 team money league, there are 7 teams within 1 game of the final playoff spot (including me, I'm tied). Should be interesting.

comfortable wins in both leagues.

8-4 in both leagues now.

i stupidly dropped Woodhead last week, and now Mathews is probably out. trying to snag him back but i doubt he'll clear waivers for me (10/10).

i have AP/MJD/Mathews/D. Brown.

thinking about starting D. Brown over MJD because dat Browns Run D.

in my PPR league i have Forte/Tate/J. Bell/Spiller/A. Brown.

right now i'm leaning to start Forte/Brown because Tate might be out again (will watch that situation closely). if Forte is also out, Spiller has a good match up and i'd feel ok starting Spiller/Brown.

at WR/FLEX i have Gordon/Garcon/Harvin.

Playoffs basically set in Smogon League B (unless MoP manages to outscore either me or Steeler by 200 points over the next two weeks). Lakers is definitely the favorite right now, but Steeler looks solid and yondie and I are alright.
I'm always solid

Sad that I wasn't paying attention when the trading deadline ended. The only trade I did was Lacy for Morris/James, and that has worked out pretty well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)